Options

BG Pain Points

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

If I survive for 2 mins against a champ like sasquatch bringing him close to KO without losing most of my health then I should win the match not my opponent for almost getting himself KOed while fighting my defender.

Disagree. It's a fighting competition. Not a Dexing competition.
    It's a competition. All the skills are equally important.
    If you're dancing around for 2 minutes and not taking the opponent down, then that isnt a greater measure of skill than taking down an R2 with half Health.
    If I keep dancing around without hitting them then I will obviously lose.
    The point is to hit them and not get hit.
    The point is to win the Fight, with Health remaining and Time remaining as a secondary measurement. Not to make the amount of Health you have left the main focus.
    We can argue until the cows come home, but if I can win the Fight and lose the Match, it's a broken measurement.
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 212 ★★

Matchmaking and constantly losing to WAAAAY better decks makes the constant losing so much fun. Game mode is so rampant with cheaters and horrible matches that the rewards aren’t worth the massive time investment

Then don't play its pretty simple.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

If I survive for 2 mins against a champ like sasquatch bringing him close to KO without losing most of my health then I should win the match not my opponent for almost getting himself KOed while fighting my defender.

If you're dancing around for 2 minutes and not taking the opponent down, then that isnt a greater measure of skill than taking down an R2 with half Health.
    The point is to win the Fight, with Health remaining and Time remaining as a secondary measurement. Not to make the amount of Health you have left the main focus.
    We can argue until the cows come home, but if I can win the Fight and lose the Match, it's a broken measurement.
    But it is exactly how you describe. Winning the fight IS the primary target . No way is health on attacker the primary focus.

And what's your alternative scoring weightage? In contrast to the current 2:1:1?
  • Options

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

But it is exactly how you describe. Winning the fight IS the primary target . No way is health on attacker the primary focus.

And what's your alternative scoring weightage? In contrast to the current 2:1:1?
    That's not true. If the system allows someone to K.O. the opponent but still lose to someone who hasn't based on Health remaining, then that's what you have.
  • Options

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

That's not true. If the system allows someone to K.O. the opponent but still lose to someone who hasn't based on Health remaining, then that's what you have.
    What's not true? Are you saying the 15k you get for keeping health is more than the 30k you get for killing the defender?

Also, second question, what's the alternative scoring weightage
  • Options

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

What's not true? Are you saying the 15k you get for keeping health is more than the 30k you get for killing the defender?

It's not true that Health remaining isn't more of a focus than taking down the opponent. Not when you can K.O. them and lose because the other Player danced around for 2 minutes. Pretty sure I already explained that.
    As for your second question, I also answered that. Time Remaining shouldn't have been reduced. There were still rare instances you could K.O. and still lose, but you'd have to have a pretty garbage Match for that.
    I'm also open to other ideas. The fact is, no game mode should decentivize actually taking down your opponent.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Djin said:

Apparently boxing is not fighting then, since you can win a match without knocking out your opponent.

Jokes away, you are wrong, there are fights you cant KO, the same way there are fights that you are supposed to die due to the match up, being able to survive those fights and still having enough HP to make points is also an achievement.

You can like it or not, but thats the way it is, and its the most fair way, and this is the kind of thing that is not an opinion, the point system is well designed, there is no need to do any changes, maybe some tweaks like making both HP and time 12.5K instead of 15k and 10k? Maybe, but anything else is pretty much correct.
  • Options

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

It's not true that Health remaining isn't more of a focus than taking down the opponent. Not when you can K.O. them and lose because the other Player danced around for 2 minutes. Pretty sure I already explained that.
    As for your second question, I also answered that. Time Remaining shouldn't have been reduced. There were still rare instances you could K.O. and still lose, but you'd have to have a pretty garbage Match for that.
    I'm also open to other ideas. The fact is, no game mode should decentivize actually taking down your opponent.
    Right. So you want to reinstate the 2:1:2. Didn't see that comment.

I don't think your last comment is correct. The game mode never de-incentivized taking down your opponent. It actually incentivizes you to do so by giving double the points if you KO the opponent. But you only do it by not taking so much damage to yourself that whatever points you get is lost
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Though it’s an extreme example, but let’s say you KO a defender with herc in immortality (so 0-1% health). I have 100% health but 1% left on the defender. Who fought better?
  • Options

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

Right. So you want to reinstate the 2:1:2. Didn't see that comment.

I don't think your last comment is correct. The game mode never de-incentivized taking down your opponent. It actually incentivizes you to do so by giving double the points if you KO the opponent. But you only do it by not taking so much damage to yourself that whatever points you get is lost
    It decentivizes Players who can actually manage to take the other Champ down because those who don't and have more Health remaining can win over them. This feels like we're going in circles.
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Djin said:

Apparently boxing is not fighting then, since you can win a match without knocking out your opponent.

Jokes away, you are wrong, there are fights you cant KO, the same way there are fights that you are supposed to die due to the match up, being able to survive those fights and still having enough HP to make points is also an achievement.

You can like it or not, but thats the way it is, and its the most fair way, and this is the kind of thing that is not an opinion, the point system is well designed, there is no need to do any changes, maybe some tweaks like making both HP and time 12.5K instead of 15k and 10k? Maybe, but anything else is pretty much correct.
    This isn't Boxing. It's a mobile fighting game. One that literally makes the objective to K.O. the opponent in any other game mode.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Djin said:

This isn't Boxing. It's a mobile fighting game. One that literally makes the objective to K.O. the opponent in any other game mode.
    Fam, just say "Yeah, I may be wrong on my take about this stuff"
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Djin said:

Fam, just say "Yeah, I may be wrong on my take about this stuff"
    If that's what you want to say, that's up to you. I disagree.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,915 ★★★★★

In boxing you can K.O and TKO your opponent as well as win by points, sometimes even dance around the opponent in the final rounds knowing you scored enough points to win.
    You can be a brawler or a surgeon, a win is a win.
    The scoring is fine the way it is, it enhances the strategic part of a defender pick.

It's not fine the way it is. It's counterintuitive to any other fighting aspect of this game. The object is to down your opponent.

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

So basically using herc and beating it to the grounf with inmortality is better than ending a fight at 90% with a defender at 15%..
    Your winning the fight is equivalent to a revive spam.
  • Options

In boxing you can K.O and TKO your opponent as well as win by points, sometimes even dance around the opponent in the final rounds knowing you scored enough points to win.
    The scoring is fine the way it is, it enhances the strategic part of a defender pick.

It's not fine the way it is. It's counterintuitive to any other fighting aspect of this game. The object is to down your opponent.

Djin said:

Djin said:

Djin said:

So basically using herc and beating it to the grounf with inmortality is better than ending a fight at 90% with a defender at 15%..
    Your winning the fight is equivalent to a revive spam.
    That's not what I said. For that matter, Champs like Herc and Fury are just a cheat code in general for game modes like this.
    The scoring should have remained the same before they reduced Time Remaining by half. That's what I'm saying.
  • Options
    I also said if anyone else has better suggestions, I'm by all means open. The way it is now is not good.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,511 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

They should get rid of the -1 and add # of wins instead. There really is no point besides selling victory shields. I never use em and won't buy them and make it into gc just fine but less skilled players can stay stuck in tiers which makes people give up trying. I understand the concept but when 60%+ players will nevet get into GC it makes them not even want to play bgs.

At the end of the day game modes are supposed to be fun.

The problem people have boils down to you are competing for the same rewards. You say 60% won't make it to gladiator. Not sure where you got that number but ok. 99% won't make it to masters in war. Yet they still play.

Bg is a highly competitive mode. It isn't a participation trophy more. Though it do get truly awesome rewards if you do nothing but go through the motions and even better if you actually practice and try to improve.
  • Options
    I don't know why people keep making that same point. The majority of Rewards come from the VT, not the GC. Certainly not for the average Player. What are we talking about? 1k 7* Shards and 10k Trophies? That's what you get bare minimum for fighting in the GC. You get more than that in the run of a month in other areas of the game.
    This idea that the entire competition is only for End-Game Players isn't realistic, considering the amount of Players running in it. Further to that, just because people have an issue with the setup doesn't mean they expect everyone to get into the GC. It means they have an issue with the experience of competing in it. Yes, not everyone will get into the GC. Let's not pretend that crossing into Uru 3 is the territory of End-Game.
  • Options

I also said if anyone else has better suggestions, I'm by all means open. The way it is now is not good.

There is no need for better suggestion, its fine the way it is. You can dislike it, doesn't mean its wrong. Changes in the game either pro player or non pro player are done for a reason.
    I know some examples are extreme to compare; like a KO with 5% remaning and 100% Attacker and 10% remaining that is an extreme case, but it makes a big difference on close matches.
    Also you mentioned its a fighting game and yhe purpose is to take the opponent out. Most fighting games I have played, fighting means hitting and not getting hit.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

There is no need for better suggestion, its fine the way it is. You can dislike it, doesn't mean its wrong. Changes in the game either pro player or non pro player are done for a reason.
    I know some examples are extreme to compare; like a KO with 5% remaning and 100% Attacker and 10% remaining that is an extreme case, but it makes a big difference on close matches.
    Also you mentioned its a fighting game and yhe purpose is to take the opponent out. Most fighting games I have played, fighting means hitting and not getting hit.
    I never said anything about pro-Player or pro-Kabam, so I have no idea where you got that from.
    As for being fine the way it is, I disagree, and that's the point of making this Thread. If you think it is, that's great. I disagree.
    Everyone likes to pride themselves on not getting hit in other areas, but it has no place in a PVP competition as a metric when the point is to K.O. the opposing Champ. That's the whole point of the Fight, the same as any other area of the game that involves fighting.
    We're not going to agree on this, and I'm perfectly fine with that. It's an issue as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Health remaining should account for something, but not to the extent it does, and the scoring is so tight now it's not even enjoyable.
  • Options

Health remaining should account for something, but not to the extent it does, and the scoring is so tight now it's not even enjoyable.

The moment there is a point scoring system it stops being about KOs, its about scoring points.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

the objective is top play well. there are so many different abilities in champs where its not just aboput slap slap slap but tactical play, things like baiting specials where your fight can be slowed down by 30 seconds or more when defender won't play ball. things that are out of your control.
    it should not be a game mode where you are considered a pro by just going HAM, eating hits and nuking the defender down in 30 seconds.
    yes that can get you a win sometimes but that should not be the goal.
    it is to reward the skill of a player, and in this game skill is more about tactics than speed.
    if we had no draft and bans and you could literally place who you want you would have more of an argument. but due to the fact we are limited and controlled by rng who we can place and use that would not be good.
    sometimes you have no choice but to fight a thing with a sub par counter and if you get that thing down to 10% whilst still being on 90% you have played far better than your opponent who has killed your mystic spidey with his scorpion but is only on 20% hp left.
  • Options

The moment there is a point scoring system it stops being about KOs, its about scoring points.
    Really? I had no idea.
    The format of the Points system is what I'm discussing.
    Maat1985 said:

the objective is top play well. there are so many different abilities in champs where its not just aboput slap slap slap but tactical play, things like baiting specials where your fight can be slowed down by 30 seconds or more when defender won't play ball. things that are out of your control.
    it should not be a game mode where you are considered a pro by just going HAM, eating hits and nuking the defender down in 30 seconds.
    it is to reward the skill of a player, and in this game skill is more about tactics than speed.
    if we had no draft and bans and you could literally place who you want you would have more of an argument. but due to the fact we are limited and controlled by rng who we can place and use that would not be good.
    sometimes you have no choice but to fight a thing with a sub par counter and if you get that thing down to 10% whilst still being on 90% you have played far better than your opponent who has killed your mystic spidey with his scorpion but is only on 20% hp left.
    Skill is also about making smart choices for counters that are able to K.O. the opponent within 2 minutes. It also takes skill to pull it off, especially in a game riddled with OP Champs as Defenders. The measure of skill isn't only wrapped up in the ability to avoid getting hit. Block Damage alone, honestly.
  • Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    Matchmaking a
    Emomike said:

Matchmaking and constantly losing to WAAAAY better decks makes the constant losing so much fun. Game mode is so rampant with cheaters and horrible matches that the rewards aren’t worth the massive time investment

Then don't play its pretty simple.
    It has caused me to stop playing BG altogether
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Really? I had no idea.
    Maat1985 said:

Skill is also about making smart choices for counters that are able to K.O. the opponent within 2 minutes. It also takes skill to pull it off, especially in a game riddled with OP Champs as Defenders. The measure of skill isn't only wrapped up in the ability to avoid getting hit. Block Damage alone, honestly.
    Well, hard to tell if you got the idea when you make so much emphasis on thr KO.
    Fight cleaner I guess.
    So you make the smart choice of picking the right attacker that can KO in 2 mins or under; but manage to lose a chunk of your HP,, interesting.
  • Options
    AlamnAlamn Posts: 3
    What is painful is having to fight stacked accounts with lots of rank 2 or 5 champs while I only have 3 which they will most likely gonna ban
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

Really? I had no idea.
    Maat1985 said:

skill is making a smart choice yes.

but when you factor in the whole bans and rng of deck draws this is not always possible.
    so sometimes (quite often) you just gotta do the best you can with what you have and that is very often using far from ideal counters.
    and when you have a far from ideal counter and take a good chunk of health off whilst losing little of your own is a much greater skill.

this is not a case of black and whit this is skillful play this is unskillful play.
    but skillful play deserves to be rewarded moreso than just putting your r2 hulk in and clapping everything in <30seconds.
    of curse when you can do that you deserve it if you win, but it is not the only way to get a win.