**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Insane Paragon Gauntlet Glitch! [merged, resolved]

Comments

• Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,360 ★★★★
    Just wait, they won’t answer before Monday anyway.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★
    edited November 2023
    And the reason why I called this post "Insane" paragon gauntlet glitch instead of just paragon gauntlet glitch is because some of the summoners were able to run this gauntlet and farm the subsequent rewards 3+ times. That's equivalent to 9k+ 7* shards, 3+ T6 basic, 3+ T3 alpha and much more. All this for just 18 fights. I don't care if im downvoted on this or thrashed. But my only objective is to let other summoners be informed and ask for what's their right.
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

And the reason why I called this post "Insane" paragon gauntlet glitch instead of just paragon gauntlet glitch is because some of the summoners were able to run this gauntlet and farm the subsequent rewards 3+ times. That's equivalent to 9k+ 7* shards, 3+ T6 basic, 3+ T3 alpha and much more. I don't care if im downvoted on this or thrashed. But my only objective is to let other summoners be informed and ask for what's their right.

I always hear that but haven’t seen any proof. You got a video for us?

If it’s the case that you easily could have farmed 10x the rewards (30k 7* Shards, 10x T3A/T6B, 250% T6CC Frags, 6* Relics and more) … then this is way bigger than Treasure Island was in terms of rewards (and those will 100% get a ban if it’s true).

But yeah, way more players abused Treasure Island in 2020 … this Paragon exploit was only abused by a few.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Why do we need 80 posts on this...

Maybe because it concerns a lot of players, and still no answer from Kabam on any of the posts?
    I’m not saying it’s the best to spread the issue over several posts, rather than being concentrated in one, but in serious issues like that popping several posts at forums usually happen.
    That’s why we have the merge action from moderators, that should do with all these posts also.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

Rohith21 said:

And the reason why I called this post "Insane" paragon gauntlet glitch instead of just paragon gauntlet glitch is because some of the summoners were able to run this gauntlet and farm the subsequent rewards 3+ times. That's equivalent to 9k+ 7* shards, 3+ T6 basic, 3+ T3 alpha and much more. I don't care if im downvoted on this or thrashed. But my only objective is to let other summoners be informed and ask for what's their right.

I always hear that but haven’t seen any proof. You got a video for us?

If it’s the case that you easily could have farmed 10x the rewards (30k 7* Shards, 10x T3A/T6B, 250% T6CC Frags, 6* Relics and more) … then this is way bigger than Treasure Island was in terms of rewards (and those will 100% get a ban if it’s true).

But yeah, way more players abused Treasure Island in 2020 … this Paragon exploit was only abused by a few.
    I'll definitely link in the video if I do come across it. Members of my alliance let me know of this where they could run it twice if not just once.
  • Options
    What about those of us unaware of this glitch? I did an extra run to test my newly ascended champion and got extra rewards. I have yet to open/use those rewards. But not everyone is "exploiting" a glitch
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 879 ★★★
    Children. You need to look up the terms insane and exploits and back up a bit. It's a million (billion?) Dollar gambling company. I don't know that a few players receiving a small amount of extra rewards or even compensating those who are paragon who didn't will affect their numbers. But good for you for looking out for kabam. Their numbers appreciate ya. 🙏
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 879 ★★★
    Idk man. I was under the impression that we were givin an extra run because those who didn't even complete eq were givin the option to run this gauntlet. So why did I put the effort in if they didn't have to? Someone on global made it seem like it was a compensation from kabam. I wouldn't call it an exploit. Not this time. Now. If you could do it 15 times sure. Exploit. But I also think it's absurd that they suspend people for 'exploiting' their mistakes when they exploit as a company players every day with odds, whale bundles, and nerfing champs they entice you to spend money on in the first place. But that's another discussion entirely I suppose. #gambleawayunlessftp
  • Options
    Compensations needs to be taken any news kabam on this time to make right
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 539 ★★★
    Pandingo said:

Children. You need to look up the terms insane and exploits and back up a bit. It's a million (billion?) Dollar gambling company. I don't know that a few players receiving a small amount of extra rewards or even compensating those who are paragon who didn't will affect their numbers. But good for you for looking out for kabam. Their numbers appreciate ya. 🙏

"Insane" is a bit hyperbolic.
    "Exploit" on its own doesn't imply scale, so you can have a small-scale or large-scale exploit, it's still an exploit.

I've seen the streams of players "testing" the exploit. They clearly knew there was a good chance they would get the extra rewards, rewards that they shouldn't have been able to get. The problem now isn't so much the rewards, the problem is the track record Kabam are building up on creating the same types of issues and their subsequent handling or lack thereof.
  • Options

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't want compensation for something unless it actually impacts me.

The response to the rifts, I thought was nice and I can sort of see why it was given out but I felt it was ultimately unnecessary. Someone going through the rift and selecting what reward they wanted didn't really impact me any more than someone randomly being sent to the awakening gem path 4 times - which actually happened to a person in my previous alliance.

This, I won't say it's nothing but I'm not going to cry out for compensation. I'm not really being impacted by it. It's not exponential, it's also limited is it not? It's just granting early access or granting access to people who might not otherwise be eligible. But it also still requires them to complete the content correct.

Meh.

Again though, I'm in a minority - if not just completely alone. The hour of the Mythic crystal incident happened I advocated for Kabam to just do a rolling reset as it was the cleanest way to take care of it without missing anything. Certainly didn't want compensation for that.

I agree. It was nice to get something extra, but the idea of Rewards for following the rules feels off. Not to mention the precedent it sets.
    Again I'm about to agree with GW (sheesh). Bugs happen, a few profit and other don't. The reason why the idea of rewards for following the rules feels off is because you understand that the intent is not to actually follow the rules; it's saying that unless they are rewarded, they may not follow the rules next time. A soft form of blackmail. That's why it feels off; you can suss out that this guy is just upset others got stuff he didn't get (OP's own masked greed).

OP, Kabam's L's are not the players fault and no one deserves or is owed compensation for not exploiting a bug. If they do give something out, accept it with gratitude but demanding it is the poorest of forms.
    I agree with what you are trying to say here. But like another user mentioned, it becomes a question of consistency as to how kabam deals with such bugs. A lot of the summoners didn't exploit it because they genuinely believed a ban could be incoming if they did so. And the least kabam can do is to address this situation and not ignore it. And no, no one's upset that others got the gauntlet rewards and that they didn't. What we are upset about is how inconsistent ban mechanics are and how certain things are just outright ignored.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Rohith21 said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't want compensation for something unless it actually impacts me.

The response to the rifts, I thought was nice and I can sort of see why it was given out but I felt it was ultimately unnecessary. Someone going through the rift and selecting what reward they wanted didn't really impact me any more than someone randomly being sent to the awakening gem path 4 times - which actually happened to a person in my previous alliance.

This, I won't say it's nothing but I'm not going to cry out for compensation. I'm not really being impacted by it. It's not exponential, it's also limited is it not? It's just granting early access or granting access to people who might not otherwise be eligible. But it also still requires them to complete the content correct.

Meh.

Again though, I'm in a minority - if not just completely alone. The hour of the Mythic crystal incident happened I advocated for Kabam to just do a rolling reset as it was the cleanest way to take care of it without missing anything. Certainly didn't want compensation for that.

I agree. It was nice to get something extra, but the idea of Rewards for following the rules feels off. Not to mention the precedent it sets.
    Again I'm about to agree with GW (sheesh). Bugs happen, a few profit and other don't. The reason why the idea of rewards for following the rules feels off is because you understand that the intent is not to actually follow the rules; it's saying that unless they are rewarded, they may not follow the rules next time. A soft form of blackmail. That's why it feels off; you can suss out that this guy is just upset others got stuff he didn't get (OP's own masked greed).

OP, Kabam's L's are not the players fault and no one deserves or is owed compensation for not exploiting a bug. If they do give something out, accept it with gratitude but demanding it is the poorest of forms.
    I agree with what you are trying to say here. But like another user mentioned, it becomes a question of consistency as to how kabam deals with such bugs. A lot of the summoners didn't exploit it because they genuinely believed a ban could be incoming if they did so. And the least kabam can do is to address this situation and not ignore it. And no, no one's upset that others got the gauntlet rewards and that they didn't. What we are upset about is how inconsistent ban mechanics are and how certain things are just outright ignored.
    This is why I've consistently said that it's impossible to do and just a Kabam L. How would you separate the people who did it knowingly from the people who run that quest for event quest and hero use (to farm revives for Necropolis)?

If Kabam decides they want to give compensation, great. What is offputting is the constant "I deserve compensation" attitude from so many players and a few content creators.
  • Options

Rohith21 said:

Meh.

This is why I've consistently said that it's impossible to do and just a Kabam L. How would you separate the people who did it knowingly from the people who run that quest for event quest and hero use (to farm revives for Necropolis)?

If Kabam decides they want to give compensation, great. What is offputting is the constant "I deserve compensation" attitude from so many players and a few content creators.
    They have been able to segregate the exploiters from the summoners who didn't exploit, in the past events too. And checking on who did more than the number of runs intended for rewards is not something that's impossible. For now, forget a compensation, even kabam addressing this situation is more than enough.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Rohith21 said:

Meh.

You CAN'T reliably distinct who did that with the intend to farm EQ, from who did that to double dip (or more?) Gauntlet rewards.
    But the thing you CAN do, is to whether strip the additional rewards from those who intentionally or not got them extra, or compensate the rest with the same amount of rewards.
    It's called justice, in case you aren't aware of 🤷
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★
    Rohith21 said:

Meh.

Consistency in the sense that you're using it here is not possible simply because these things are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. It really depends on the situation, the overall effect, the extent to which people took advantage of it, a number of factors. There really isnt a copy-and-paste action to take.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike please send out a response to this bug. As for now, a response would be more than sufficient to see how Kabam moves forward with this.
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

@Kabam Miike please send out a response to this bug. As for now, a response would be more than sufficient to see how Kabam moves forward with this.

They will … but as already said, it’s still Sunday (weekend) and they are not working. So you could just be patient and wait until Monday morning.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

Rohith21 said:

They will … but as already said, it’s still Sunday (weekend) and they are not working. So you could just be patient and wait until Monday morning.
    Will do. Thanks for letting me know once again. Just thought I should mention him once beforehand.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★

It's the weekend. You won't see any action.

I'm fine with that, just as long as kabam do acknowledge this next week, which is a very reasonable timeframe.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,634 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

I purposefully didn't re-run it in case it was considered an exploit, but Kabam aren't even acknowledging it and now people who didn't re-run it are at a disadvantage. Idk man, feels bad. I didn't double dip on battlegrounds rewards either. Way to make your honest players feel under-appreciated, Kabam.

I didn’t even know about double dipping on BG rewards… lots of players probably fell behind because of that one which in turn adds fuel to this fire. Again, as stated earlier this one feels different as so many people were collecting these just trying to complete 22hr milestones
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,642 ★★★★★
    They've done it before with the mythic crystal mistake, though I'm sure some people got away with it.