**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Insane Paragon Gauntlet Glitch! [merged, resolved]

Comments

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    Again, way to assume this is an exploit. It’s easy points for EQ completion and hero use.
  • Options
    thedesthedes Posts: 4
    @Kabam Miike From my experience I noticed the paragon gauntlet for the month of an October a few hours after it was re enabled. It had 2 days left and I had access without restriction.
    I played it twice and got no rewards so, I was thinking that it’s unlocked but the rewards are not being given out, so people are unable to double dip.
    But turns out people who have done it an hour or two before the October gauntlet expired got the rewards again. Prof Hoff even has a video on his YouTube if someone wants to check out. I played it twice got no rewards while people who did it in the last hour clearly got rewards.
    I think Kabam should give out compensations.
  • Options
    Bunch of whiny babies. I ran that quest over a dozen times over the month. Whether or not I got double rewards is a bug.

Whining for compensation for every bug is ridiculous.
  • Options
    thedesthedes Posts: 4

I don’t think it is an issue of compensation because you didn’t lose anything or use items you didn’t need to. Kabam should handle exploiters by removing ill-gained items.

I’m fine with that as well whatever is less time consuming for kabam as there are many more bugs and glitches which hinder the functioning of game that hold priority.
    Plus if I’m being honest there is also a selfish thought of getting compensation and getting resources. But whatever is deemed fair by the community and game, just a handful should not be benefiting from a glitch or bug.
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 391 ★★
    Damn that's a long story, haven't read but anyway, agree with compensation 😆
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I'm probably in the minority, but I don't want compensation for something unless it actually impacts me.

The response to the rifts, I thought was nice and I can sort of see why it was given out but I felt it was ultimately unnecessary. Someone going through the rift and selecting what reward they wanted didn't really impact me any more than someone randomly being sent to the awakening gem path 4 times - which actually happened to a person in my previous alliance.

This, I won't say it's nothing but I'm not going to cry out for compensation. I'm not really being impacted by it. It's not exponential, it's also limited is it not? It's just granting early access or granting access to people who might not otherwise be eligible. But it also still requires them to complete the content correct.

Meh.

Again though, I'm in a minority - if not just completely alone. The hour of the Mythic crystal incident happened I advocated for Kabam to just do a rolling reset as it was the cleanest way to take care of it without missing anything. Certainly didn't want compensation for that.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't want compensation for something unless it actually impacts me.

The response to the rifts, I thought was nice and I can sort of see why it was given out but I felt it was ultimately unnecessary. Someone going through the rift and selecting what reward they wanted didn't really impact me any more than someone randomly being sent to the awakening gem path 4 times - which actually happened to a person in my previous alliance.

This, I won't say it's nothing but I'm not going to cry out for compensation. I'm not really being impacted by it. It's not exponential, it's also limited is it not? It's just granting early access or granting access to people who might not otherwise be eligible. But it also still requires them to complete the content correct.

Meh.

Again though, I'm in a minority - if not just completely alone. The hour of the Mythic crystal incident happened I advocated for Kabam to just do a rolling reset as it was the cleanest way to take care of it without missing anything. Certainly didn't want compensation for that.

I’m fine if they give everyone who didn’t double-dip the Paragon Gauntlet last month the chance to double-dip this month. Let me earn restitution.

Dr. Zola
    I think you mean to say "redress". You want this to be remedied and set right.

Restitution would be coming from the players who benefitted from this, not Kabam. You haven't suffered any losses due to "the crimes" of these players who exploited the issue. They didn't wrong you. Kabam didn't wrong you.

You feel as though you're owed something. You feel as though Kabam should "set this right" for you because they failed to correct an issue that previously occurred. But that's not restitution.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 539 ★★★

I don’t think it is an issue of compensation because you didn’t lose anything or use items you didn’t need to. Kabam should handle exploiters by removing ill-gained items.

Historically, it seems like it is harder for them to remove items then it is to compensate. You get catalysts, you do a rank up. Get shards open a crystal, do level and rank ups and possibly duped shards. Rolling all that back is pretty tough.

Seems easier to just give those that completed gauntlet at least once a second set of rewards (comp package). This automatically meets the pre-requisites of the player already having 100% EQ and has the capability to complete gauntlet. It is reasonable to assume they could have completed it again if they knew it was an option.

I'm not saying reverting back to "as if it never happened" isn't the best outcome, just that the path of least resistance might be a compensation package.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★
    DrZola said:

Meh.

I’m fine if they give everyone who didn’t double-dip the Paragon Gauntlet last month the chance to double-dip this month. Let me earn restitution.

Dr. Zola
    Agreed. They should just open up the gauntlet entry for people who think they can run it over once more for the rewards.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,561 ★★★★★
    I saw prof Hoff and immediately stopped reading. You lost me OP anything you were saying or going to say was negated by that
  • Options
    IKON said:

Bunch of whiny babies. I ran that quest over a dozen times over the month. Whether or not I got double rewards is a bug.

I don't want compensation, I want your rewards taken away

Have a nice day.
    Who said I got double rewards? I'm saying that all bugs do not deserve compensation. Odds are people who run it twice would get it too and you'd be back whining about that.
  • Options
    IKON said:

Have a nice day.
    Lmaoooo

IKON said:

Have a nice day.
    Who said I got double rewards? I'm saying that all bugs do not deserve compensation. Odds are people who run it twice would get it too and you'd be back whining about that.
    You clearly dont know how compensations work. Not just that, your anger issues seriously needs help. People who exploited the hades rift path bugs didnt get the extra set of keys for the entry gates in the quest. It's kinda stupid to think Kabam won't know who ran the gauntlet once and who ran it more times than intended.
  • Options
    Corkscrew said:

Since basically the same discussion has been spawned in multiple threads, I've seen it mentioned a few times that, it's not a big deal, not like it's game breaking, the rewards can be acquired elsewhere or through other means.

While that is true, the amount BGs or the Sector 6 room25 incursion run to acquire comparable rewards is way harder and way more time consuming than 6 fights most players with a decent roster can likely solo.

Like I already mentioned, the 7* shards, T6 basic and T3 alphas are kinda hard to come by for the newer paragons. Asking for atleast an additional run to earn these rewards do seem reasonable at the least.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★

Meh.

I agree. It was nice to get something extra, but the idea of Rewards for following the rules feels off. Not to mention the precedent it sets.
  • Options
    I agree. It was nice to get something extra, but the idea of Rewards for following the rules feels off. Not to mention the precedent it sets.

The only reason a compensation is being asked for, is due to the fact that how unfair it would be to issue bans like they did for hades rift bug in which some of the summoners genuinely had no idea that it was in fact a glitch from kabam's end.