Options

Insane Paragon Gauntlet Glitch! [merged, resolved]

Comments

• Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,262 ★★★★

I did ut a second and third time for event quest completion solo event because the paragauntles was very easy last month. I didn't get any second set of rewards.

I then saw 80% of my alli mates hearing about the bug, redoing the gauntlet and getting a second set of rewards. To say it didn't sting a bit would be a lie

Such is life. I've routinely warned alliance mates not to this stuff only for members to watch others reap the rewards. Such is life haha.
    If Martin Luther King would have just said "such is life" thing would have been so much better.... Can you see now how being accepting of how things are can be dangerous? I know we're talking about a mobile game, but you insinuate that advocating for change you want to see is a bad thing, while it's a good thing.

I think it's unfair some got double rewards while others didn't. I want their rewards stripped away so we are on the same level again, or I want to get the same rewards. I really don't get how it is that difficult to understand.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 781 ★★★★

I did ut a second and third time for event quest completion solo event because the paragauntles was very easy last month. I didn't get any second set of rewards.

I then saw 80% of my alli mates hearing about the bug, redoing the gauntlet and getting a second set of rewards. To say it didn't sting a bit would be a lie

Such is life. I've routinely warned alliance mates not to this stuff only for members to watch others reap the rewards. Such is life haha.
    If Martin Luther King would have just said "such is life" thing would have been so much better.... Can you see now how being accepting of how things are can be dangerous? I know we're talking about a mobile game, but you insinuate that advocating for change you want to see is a bad thing, while it's a good thing.

I think it's unfair some got double rewards while others didn't. I want their rewards stripped away so we are on the same level again, or I want to get the same rewards. I really don't get how it is that difficult to understand.
    Martin Luther King also realized what important battles were worth fighting and what issues were not worth a struggle against oppression. To bring his name into this issue shows you still have some growing to do.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,631 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Manup456 said:

@DrZola The problem with that is you never know what they will take serious and what they won’t plus remember they have this newly developed attitude it’s our game we can do what we want so they can pick and choose what they don’t make an issue about and what they will, it’s all RNG based now.

Fair point, but that’s the problem with selective enforcement. No one knows what’s allowed and what isn’t. But I see no reason to shy away from something others in this thread consider to be “minor” if a similar opportunity presents itself in the future.

Also, I can’t find the post, but there were assurances this wouldn’t be a problem when the issue first occurred very early into this EQ cycle. Those assurances appear to have been inaccurate.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 781 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    DrZola said:

Manup456 said:

@DrZola The problem with that is you never know what they will take serious and what they won’t plus remember they have this newly developed attitude it’s our game we can do what we want so they can pick and choose what they don’t make an issue about and what they will, it’s all RNG based now.

Fair point, but that’s the problem with selective enforcement. No one knows what’s allowed and what isn’t. But I see no reason to shy away from something others in this thread consider to be “minor” if a similar opportunity presents itself in the future.

Also, I can’t find the post, but there were assurances this wouldn’t be a problem when the issue first occurred very early into this EQ cycle. Those assurances appear to have been inaccurate.

Dr. Zola
    I would not purposely do it on principle, not going to risk a 8+ year account for a short term gain of rank up mats. Paragauntlet rewards are going to be somewhat outdated in a month for valiant players IMO.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
    Nothing like a 2000 word essay followed by a mod @ tag to get the juices flowing.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,262 ★★★★

Martin Luther King also realized what important battles were worth fighting and what issues were not worth a struggle against oppression. To bring his name into this issue shows you still have some growing to do.
    Lol it's not that deep man I just exaggerated 1000% by bringing his name in on it. I'm not "fighting any battles" or "demanding anything", I just want kabam to set this right.

I will repeat the core of what I said: I think it's unfair some got double rewards while others didn't. I want their rewards stripped away so we are on the same level again, or I want to get the same rewards. I really don't get how it is that difficult to understand.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 777 ★★★
    I find the following truths to be "interesting" in their diverging direction. No one of them is bad/wrong, but together they are inconsistent and

1. The Paragauntlet was "left there'... still showed 100% for me at least... didn't think much of it.
    2. Kabam has recently updated their T&C, severely discouraging players from "trying things that may or not be OK". Without some in-game announcement or big yellow banner above
    3. Some players reran it / claimed to get rewards. just watching "youtuber X" getting the rewards isn't enough for me to "risk getting a ban"

The mode was left up only for 2 days... Which if it was intentional to let players "get in the second time to make up for those who exploited"... wasn't enough time... nor was it sufficiently announced so as to let players know its OK to redo (say, like Gauntlet re-runs).

If Re-running was OK (I'm still not clear if it was or wasn't)... why only 2 days? The Candy store / other monthly stores stay open for 7 days after an event ends to give people time to spend their currency they might get at the very end of a monthly event. Given the lack of communication... 2 days was nowhere near enough.

If it wasn't OK... why wasn't additional information announced telling players what is/isn't OK. Finding a deep thread in a forum like this one is not "an announcement" that is reasonable to expect all players to find.

I'm not necessarily asking for compensation, nor do I think reopening is likely to cause more good than more problems (again, think Gauntlet)... just more consistency and more communication over easy to find channels, so that the next time there is a dubious "possible glitch"... I know whether I should or shouldn't try it.
  • Options
    _Bluest_Blu__Bluest_Blu_ Posts: 32

I don’t think it is an issue of compensation because you didn’t lose anything or use items you didn’t need to. Kabam should handle exploiters by removing ill-gained items.

i am three days late thats my bad- see i would naturally agree with this but what if someone gets a 7 star or 6 star they really wanted and immediately took them to r2 (7*) or all the way to r5 (6*) They just gonna revoke the champ? It presents a iffy situation. Another comment said it but there is the selfishness behind it aswell- i can admit that lol
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

I saw prof Hoff and immediately stopped reading. You lost me OP anything you were saying or going to say was negated by that

dont get me wrong he’s outrageous and a spammy youtuber but he was the first video i saw, I follow all the figure heads and solely watch all their videos on events or important commentary to get a well rounded understanding from different view- tldr this is no place for prof hoff praise
  • Options

Why do we need 80 posts on this...

ik im three days late- i wont waste your time. I didnt see anything hence why I said if im beating a dead horse my bad!
  • Options
    Wubbie075 said:

"Oh nooooooo!!!!! I got everything I was entitled to but someone else got moooooore!!!!"

I have no clue how you people get through real life if the fact that someone got a free fake item that you didn't get bothers you so much. Life is really gonna slap you in the face when you graduate high school.

dont get me wrong I agree that this community for the most part is whiney but as a college guy I dont really spend to save money for rent- just thought itd be cool to have it be fair but again like i said it truly doesn’t matter that much because life isnt fair 🤷
  • Options

Nothing like a 2000 word essay followed by a mod @ tag to get the juices flowing.

ngl i was actually shocked because the first two days this was up it stayed at like 9 comments and I log in today while i wait for my energy to refill and Im greeted to 48 notifications in my inbox lmao 💀
  • Options

I find the following truths to be "interesting" in their diverging direction. No one of them is bad/wrong, but together they are inconsistent and

1. The Paragauntlet was "left there'... still showed 100% for me at least... didn't think much of it.
    2. Kabam has recently updated their T&C, severely discouraging players from "trying things that may or not be OK". Without some in-game announcement or big yellow banner above
    3. Some players reran it / claimed to get rewards. just watching "youtuber X" getting the rewards isn't enough for me to "risk getting a ban"

The mode was left up only for 2 days... Which if it was intentional to let players "get in the second time to make up for those who exploited"... wasn't enough time... nor was it sufficiently announced so as to let players know its OK to redo (say, like Gauntlet re-runs).

If Re-running was OK (I'm still not clear if it was or wasn't)... why only 2 days? The Candy store / other monthly stores stay open for 7 days after an event ends to give people time to spend their currency they might get at the very end of a monthly event. Given the lack of communication... 2 days was nowhere near enough.

If it wasn't OK... why wasn't additional information announced telling players what is/isn't OK. Finding a deep thread in a forum like this one is not "an announcement" that is reasonable to expect all players to find.

I'm not necessarily asking for compensation, nor do I think reopening is likely to cause more good than more problems (again, think Gauntlet)... just more consistency and more communication over easy to find channels, so that the next time there is a dubious "possible glitch"... I know whether I should or shouldn't try it.

THANK YOU- you just basically said the entire main point of the post from my view. Its all about building trust in consistency and keeping a solid understanding with us the community and kabam
  • Options
    Sid1989Sid1989 Posts: 11
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,307 ★★★★★
    Rohith21 said:

Pandingo said:

This is deep. I'm elated to see the diverse intellectual and moral debates. Just remember. We are the few. They are the faceless corporation. They will replace and debase you at will. Don't turn on each other. They just want your time and money. Do they have an addictive and quality product? After trying to quit 4 times and spending a small house worth of money over 6 years? Absolutely. But they don't deserve it. We are the used and abused. It's a tool to get us through our obligations as worker ants. Not a tool to tear eachother down. 🥰🥰

Agreed. Having conflicts among us gives nothing useful to this thread. The end need is same for everyone that's been affected. To be righted from a wrong. Hoping they give an answer that'll appeal to the majority.
    What effect is that?
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 620 ★★★★
    Any plans to address this? The rewards from gauntlet are pretty significant so it would be appreciated if players who didn’t exploit this could get an extra run of gauntlet or some compensation
  • Options
    Sid1989Sid1989 Posts: 11
    Axew said:

Any plans to address this? The rewards from gauntlet are pretty significant so it would be appreciated if players who didn’t exploit this could get an extra run of gauntlet or some compensation

It would be much appreciated if they did because us who didn't exploit it are at a disadvantage
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,519 ★★★★★

THANK YOU- you just basically said the entire main point of the post from my view. Its all about building trust in consistency and keeping a solid understanding with us the community and kabam
    Consistency would be great. Even more evidently now that we see the difference in the handling of the moleman vs rintrah fiasco.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 681 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax can you guys take a look at this please, the silent treatment will only make things worse
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,519 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax can you guys take a look at this please, the silent treatment will only make things worse

What exactly are you threatening them with?
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★

He's just asking for a response. No one's threatening anyone. And yes, this silent treatment is just a weird way to deal with things.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike a responses is needed. I think the community has had enough of this being talked about. Removal of rewards would be ideal but a response is needed primarily.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 681 ★★★★

Wtf? When did i threaten anyone?
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 848 ★★★★
    maybe wait ? dont you guys know that time zone exists all around the world ? They are starting their work day in about 1 or 2 hours from now i believe. And even if they were on, they dnot have the obligation to give a response, it is what it is. I didnt benifit from the double rewards because im not that kind of player but who cares if they had double rewards ? It wont change anything from your POV...
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,262 ★★★★★
    This one hits different, maybe that’s why there hasn’t been a response. It could need more investigation, etc. Some people say they did it multiple times with no additional rewards, some only two sets of rewards, some 2+. Certainly it was open for all Paragons, even those who didn’t complete EQ. At first glance it doesn’t seem like the “insane glitch” this thread initially made it out to be, particularly when compared with recent past glitches.
  • Options

This one hits different, maybe that’s why there hasn’t been a response. It could need more investigation, etc. Some people say they did it multiple times with no additional rewards, some only two sets of rewards, some 2+. Certainly it was open for all Paragons, even those who didn’t complete EQ. At first glance it doesn’t seem like the “insane glitch” this thread initially made it out to be, particularly when compared with recent past glitches.

I called this glitch insane because some summoners reported being able to farm the rewards 3+ times. The least number of times its been done through exploit is 2 ; there are many creators who have even talked about it. I didn't mean to use a hyperbolic statement to gain something.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,312 ★★★★
    This is gonna turn into one of those, "too much time has passed now that those players have opened and ranked champions as a result of those extra rewards, so we can't just reverse it. Here, have 1000 gold for your troubles."