**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Insane Paragon Gauntlet Glitch! [merged, resolved]

Comments

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    Rohith21 said:

Bugmat78 said:

I see people listing the paragon gauntlet for EQ completion points but it is still not listed there - how many points does it give? Bwcause if it's a lot I might do it more than once this month just for that.

If I'm not wrong, two runs of the paragon gauntlet means all the five objectives of "event completion" being done. That's 12 energy for completing "event completion" solo objectives.
    You're not wrong. People here are just whining about compensation more than they play the game. Meanwhile those of us who do are running Paragauntlet for 22hr events because it's simple and quick.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★

Rohith21 said:

Bugmat78 said:

I see people listing the paragon gauntlet for EQ completion points but it is still not listed there - how many points does it give? Bwcause if it's a lot I might do it more than once this month just for that.

If I'm not wrong, two runs of the paragon gauntlet means all the five objectives of "event completion" being done. That's 12 energy for completing "event completion" solo objectives.
    You're not wrong. People here are just whining about compensation more than they play the game. Meanwhile those of us who do are running Paragauntlet for 22hr events because it's simple and quick.
    It wasn't even the topic of discussion. And you said you use it for hero use which is kind of a weak defence. I agree its simple and effective but I don't think letting kabam know about what's going on is the same as "whining".
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Why do we keep going to topic of event quest completion when its about double dipping on the paragauntlet

I have been saying the same since the beginning. The discussion is about double or more dipping for rewards and what kabam can do to make things right. Not about event quest completion or hero use.
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

Bendy said:

Why do we keep going to topic of event quest completion when its about double dipping on the paragauntlet

I have been saying the same since the beginning. The discussion is about double or more dipping for rewards and what kabam can do to make things right. Not about event quest completion or hero use.
    “Hope this post gets traction because we all (the ones who didn't take advantage of the exploit) deserve compensation : )”

From the OP. The right thing would be removal of rewards. Where do you see that? This is just plain greed and salt for not being able to take advantage too. Stop pretending.
  • Options

Rohith21 said:

Bendy said:

“Hope this post gets traction because we all (the ones who didn't take advantage of the exploit) deserve compensation : )”

From the OP. The right thing would be removal of rewards. Where do you see that? This is just plain greed and salt for not being able to take advantage too. Stop pretending.
    I also agreed with @altavista when he said about rewards being dished out multiple times. But well, someone obviously is so focused on attacking my points with weak defences such as "ooo gauntlet for hero use" and what not, that they fail to see other comments of the discussion which involves removal as a possibile alternative as compared to bans which is unfavorable.
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

altavista said:

This is why I've consistently said that it's impossible to do and just a Kabam L. How would you separate the people who did it knowingly from the people who run that quest for event quest and hero use (to farm revives for Necropolis)?

The issue is not people running the gauntlet multiple times. As you said, they are welcome to do that as they wish.
    The issue is if they got rewards multiple times.

So intention is irrelevant, all that matters is multiple rewards. Rewards should be removed. I don't think Bans or Compensation is needed, just removal.

And besides, running a second time just for Event Completion and happening to get duplicate rewards is believable. But, if you run it a third time and now have 3x the rewards you should be receiving, the intention clearly is now about getting the rewards, so Solo objective milestones are no longer a believable defense at all.

Hero Use is entirely a laughable defense.

Now that I think about it, rewards being removed makes more sense than compensations or bans. But the problem is, they said the same about the mythic crystal situation and look where we are now (people still have the champs, shards obtained from dupes, the gold and the iso too). If they manage to carry it out well, removal of rewards is fine too.
    @HungaryHippo maybe drop the hostility and open your eyes to read.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

They are not gonna be able to take rewards back. Things will have been open and used. This isn’t a small amount of rewards, this exploit has provided. It’s a lot. The right thing to do is provide everyone who did 1 run of the Gauntlet last month with an extra set of rewards.

You are probably right. Most people would have already used, at least partially, the rewards from double dipping the Gauntlet.
    So it’s not a realistic option to strip off the additional rewards.
    Providing everyone who did one run an additional run of the last month Gauntlet with an extra set of rewards, might sounds good to people but I’m sure it doesn’t sound good to the developers, since this way they are giving out more rewards than their initial intentions/calculations were for that content to keep the game economy in check.
    Worst thing is that no action taken, gives a clear strong message to the community:
    Exploit any bug as fast as you can, since by not doing that you will only miss out.
    Let’s hope Kabam is aware to the message they’ve sent to the community, with their handling on situations like the Mythic crystals exploit and last month’s Gauntlet (so far).
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

Wozzle007 said:

They are not gonna be able to take rewards back. Things will have been open and used. This isn’t a small amount of rewards, this exploit has provided. It’s a lot. The right thing to do is provide everyone who did 1 run of the Gauntlet last month with an extra set of rewards.

You are probably right. Most people would have already used, at least partially, the rewards from double dipping the Gauntlet.
    So it’s not a realistic option to strip off the additional rewards.
    Providing everyone who did one run an additional run of the last month Gauntlet with an extra set of rewards, might sounds good to people but I’m sure it doesn’t sound good to the developers, since this way they are giving out more rewards than their initial intentions/calculations were for that content to keep the game economy in check.
    Worst thing is that no action taken, gives a clear strong message to the community:
    Exploit any bug as fast as you can, since by not doing that you will only miss out.
    Let’s hope Kabam is aware to the message they’ve sent to the community, with their handling on situations like the Mythic crystals exploit and last month’s Gauntlet (so far).
    Agreed. Not responding to this bug could be the worst alternative. I personally don't mind removal if done right and I understand why compensation would not sit right with the developers. Hopefully a response is soon incoming.
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

altavista said:

This is why I've consistently said that it's impossible to do and just a Kabam L. How would you separate the people who did it knowingly from the people who run that quest for event quest and hero use (to farm revives for Necropolis)?

The issue is not people running the gauntlet multiple times. As you said, they are welcome to do that as they wish.

So intention is irrelevant, all that matters is multiple rewards. Rewards should be removed. I don't think Bans or Compensation is needed, just removal.

And besides, running a second time just for Event Completion and happening to get duplicate rewards is believable. But, if you run it a third time and now have 3x the rewards you should be receiving, the intention clearly is now about getting the rewards, so Solo objective milestones are no longer a believable defense at all.

Now that I think about it, rewards being removed makes more sense than compensations or bans. But the problem is, they said the same about the mythic crystal situation and look where we are now (people still have the champs, shards obtained from dupes, the gold and the iso too). If they manage to carry it out well, removal of rewards is fine too.
    I posted right from the OP and proved this was about desire for rewards/compensation not about removing unfair rewards. You have been calling people "exploiters" but don't want to be challenged on me quoting your own words?
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

altavista said:

I posted right from the OP and proved this was about desire for rewards/compensation not about removing unfair rewards. You have been calling people "exploiters" but don't want to be challenged on me quoting your own words?
    Choose not to respond for the sake of the thread not being closed. Other than that feel free to check my other comments where I agree to removal of rewards being ideal.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,360 ★★★★
    If you just want to continue personal beef, this thread might get closed down soon.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

If you just want to continue personal beef, this thread might get closed down soon.

What in my posts is personal? I'm just quoting the OP. Genuinely confused as I didn't even realize Rohith was the OP. There seems to be a lot of vitriol directed at the people who may have actively or unknowingly gotten the rewards. That seems far more like "beef" than me suggesting that compensation for every bug is unreasonable.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    Has any guardian passed this to kabam?
  • Options
    Bendy said:

I did try tagging Kabam Miike
  • Options

Rohith21 said:

Bendy said:

Both Jax and Miike didn't log in today, last active was on friday...i think they're probably on rehearse for the upcoming necropolis stream
    Can someone tag any other active moderators?
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★
    Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Bendy said:

Both Jax and Miike didn't log in today, last active was on friday...i think they're probably on rehearse for the upcoming necropolis stream
    I think there's only 2 active rn, i might be wrong tho
  • Options

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Bendy said:

I think there's only 2 active rn, i might be wrong tho
    yea, try tagging them, or alternatively have to wait until jax and miike are done with the stream tomorrow
  • Options
    flapjaxflapjax Posts: 285 ★★★
    Today is a holiday for a lot of places, that's probably why Jax and Miike haven't logged in since Friday.

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,642 ★★★★★
    Conversely...I know better
    Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Bendy said:

For the love of Thor just chill and wait.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 879 ★★★
    This is deep. I'm elated to see the diverse intellectual and moral debates. Just remember. We are the few. They are the faceless corporation. They will replace and debase you at will. Don't turn on each other. They just want your time and money. Do they have an addictive and quality product? After trying to quit 4 times and spending a small house worth of money over 6 years? Absolutely. But they don't deserve it. We are the used and abused. It's a tool to get us through our obligations as worker ants. Not a tool to tear eachother down. 🥰🥰
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

This is deep. I'm elated to see the diverse intellectual and moral debates. Just remember. We are the few. They are the faceless corporation. They will replace and debase you at will. Don't turn on each other. They just want your time and money. Do they have an addictive and quality product? After trying to quit 4 times and spending a small house worth of money over 6 years? Absolutely. But they don't deserve it. We are the used and abused. It's a tool to get us through our obligations as worker ants. Not a tool to tear eachother down. 🥰🥰

Agreed. Having conflicts among us gives nothing useful to this thread. The end need is same for everyone that's been affected. To be righted from a wrong. Hoping they give an answer that'll appeal to the majority.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,009 ★★★★
    Yes it’s a holiday in Canada, tmrw we should have answers
  • Options
    PikokPikok Posts: 131 ★★
    No response from Kabam?
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @DrZola The problem with that is you never know what they will take serious and what they won’t plus remember they have this newly developed attitude it’s our game we can do what we want so they can pick and choose what they don’t make an issue about and what they will, it’s all RNG based now.