The vote is rigged

Comments

• Thokk150Thokk150 Member Posts: 89

ahmynuts said:

Frnkielo said:

DNA3000 said:

Frnkielo said:

Being abusive to other players and inappropriate language is what was actually in the responses to me by other people on the forum so few accounts technically could be banned….the other note number 4 starts off with some serious words ..it says except where restricted or prohibited by applicable law..US law differs from Canadian law..I assume it depends on where the specific case takes place…laws are different everywhere so I assume that’s why this is here…true even in the US a business can reject anyone from say going into their store and then that person can file a lawsuit and it goes back and forth like that..

In the United States you can literally file suit for anything. There is no specific set of things deemed appropriate for civil court. You're required to actually make a case, and you could get immediately tossed for any number of reasons, but when someone says you can sue that's because that is literally the way the US courts work. I could sue you for wasting my time here on the forums. I would lose, but I could do it. Similarly, you could sue them for banning you. You would lose, but you could do it, because in America you can sue God for making it rain on your picnic.

As to the conduct in this thread, nothing I see here rises to the level of being a bannable offense. People throw around the "be consistent" thing all the time, but here in the real world there's such a thing as discretion. Even when the strict letter of the law is broken, there are degrees of problematic behavior, and some can be safely ignored, some deserve a warning, some deserve forum time out, some draw permanent forum bans, and some draw game account bans. Given what happens on the forums every day, if Miike drew the ban hammer, the OP must have gone way over the line.

Moderators everywhere must exercise judgment. I have been given forum warnings myself in the past. I didn't always agree with them, but I recognize the moderators have a difficult job, and discretion when it comes to warnings and bans have very blurry lines. I have never gone anywhere near the line that would get me permanently banned from the forums or any sort of ban from the game, nor do I have any desire to do so. It would never occur to me to do any of those things, and frankly the idea that such behavior should be normalized, like hey, its occasionally going to happen to the best of us, is something I don't subscribe to. Nobody accidentally trips and becomes a horrible person on their way to the sidewalk.

There's a line that if you cross it there's only two possibilities: they did it deliberately in which case they're a monster. Or they did it accidentally in which case we should presume they'll be doing it over and over again because they are an idiot. In either case, a strict punitive response is warranted. Honestly, they are lucky they were not permanently banned. I personally cannot imagine anything that would cause me to want to ban a player from the game for abusive conduct, that I would judge as worthy of a thirty day ban. There's a week for something that rides the line but needs action taken. And then there's nuke from orbit, and by all means stand there and let the door hit you on the way out, because I intend for that door to be moving at hypersonic speed when it strikes.

Miike was probably more merciful than I would have been.
    That’s scary…you would do more then a 30 day ban…honest question..how would you feel if kabam tracked him down and made him lose his job for his post? If you had the power would you take more from this person then just access to the game?
    Oh you definitely weren't here when that one kid went off and they may or may not have found his school, called them and told them what this kid was saying online so his mom could find out
    I think I actually heard about that. Legendary.
    Oh, you mean this?

Oh my lord, that was a wonderful read, kabam miike w
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    Thokk150 said:

I dont get why people vote at all.

Last time we got Gladiator. A totally useless champion. We were really "taken by the nose" (guess I have to watch my language, so my in-game account doesnt get banned :)

I really cannot wrap my head around the fact that there are people in this thread with the reading comprehension of a toddler, op was not banned because he went and criticized kabam or the vote, op was banned because they used heavy slurs against a minority, which is always unwarranted. You can say that gladiator sucks balls and while that's unconstructive, you won't get banned because you are voicing an opinion, but if you say gladiator sucks ass with a random homophobic slur at the end then kabam is gonna ban you.
    Is it really that hard to understand?
    Nobody has that context because those posts get removed.

It makes it look like someone got banned for nothing.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★

When you use homophobia as slander, it needs to be cancelled. And boom get banned for 30 days. "30 days" not permanent.
    I love racists jokes I'm not gonna lie. But there's a time and a place. Online official forums, where all ages participate, is not a place for it.
    Love internet people who actually know the difference between the two.

In all seriousness. Thank you for keeping it real 👍
    I’m going to ask again.
    Why is this post still open?

Compared to other ones that get closed and locked?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Frnkielo said:

DNA3000 said:

Frnkielo said:

Being abusive to other players and inappropriate language is what was actually in the responses to me by other people on the forum so few accounts technically could be banned….the other note number 4 starts off with some serious words ..it says except where restricted or prohibited by applicable law..US law differs from Canadian law..I assume it depends on where the specific case takes place…laws are different everywhere so I assume that’s why this is here…true even in the US a business can reject anyone from say going into their store and then that person can file a lawsuit and it goes back and forth like that..

In the United States you can literally file suit for anything. There is no specific set of things deemed appropriate for civil court. You're required to actually make a case, and you could get immediately tossed for any number of reasons, but when someone says you can sue that's because that is literally the way the US courts work. I could sue you for wasting my time here on the forums. I would lose, but I could do it. Similarly, you could sue them for banning you. You would lose, but you could do it, because in America you can sue God for making it rain on your picnic.

As to the conduct in this thread, nothing I see here rises to the level of being a bannable offense. People throw around the "be consistent" thing all the time, but here in the real world there's such a thing as discretion. Even when the strict letter of the law is broken, there are degrees of problematic behavior, and some can be safely ignored, some deserve a warning, some deserve forum time out, some draw permanent forum bans, and some draw game account bans. Given what happens on the forums every day, if Miike drew the ban hammer, the OP must have gone way over the line.

Moderators everywhere must exercise judgment. I have been given forum warnings myself in the past. I didn't always agree with them, but I recognize the moderators have a difficult job, and discretion when it comes to warnings and bans have very blurry lines. I have never gone anywhere near the line that would get me permanently banned from the forums or any sort of ban from the game, nor do I have any desire to do so. It would never occur to me to do any of those things, and frankly the idea that such behavior should be normalized, like hey, its occasionally going to happen to the best of us, is something I don't subscribe to. Nobody accidentally trips and becomes a horrible person on their way to the sidewalk.

There's a line that if you cross it there's only two possibilities: they did it deliberately in which case they're a monster. Or they did it accidentally in which case we should presume they'll be doing it over and over again because they are an idiot. In either case, a strict punitive response is warranted. Honestly, they are lucky they were not permanently banned. I personally cannot imagine anything that would cause me to want to ban a player from the game for abusive conduct, that I would judge as worthy of a thirty day ban. There's a week for something that rides the line but needs action taken. And then there's nuke from orbit, and by all means stand there and let the door hit you on the way out, because I intend for that door to be moving at hypersonic speed when it strikes.

That’s scary…you would do more then a 30 day ban…honest question..how would you feel if kabam tracked him down and made him lose his job for his post? If you had the power would you take more from this person then just access to the game?
    Oh you definitely weren't here when that one kid went off and they may or may not have found his school, called them and told them what this kid was saying online so his mom could find out
    Wuuuut? When was this? Whats the details? @ahmynuts @Pikolu
    You have people fighting about posts that you’ve deleted. Seems ridiculous and stupid and counterproductive.
  • Thokk150Thokk150 Member Posts: 89
    smdam38 said:

I’m going to ask again.

it was mentioned in anither post, but if you check at the op the mods wrote that they decided to keep it open because dunking on homophobes is fun, which I 100% agree on
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Member Posts: 556 ★★★
    IKON said:

Rigged for what purpose? They already can put in whatever champ they want in the game, you think they just want to be jerks about it too?

They definitely can’t put whatever champ they want in the game. If you don’t think Marvel has input, you’re just being silly.

• 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 244
    Skydad23 said:

IKON said:

Rigged for what purpose? They already can put in whatever champ they want in the game, you think they just want to be jerks about it too?

They definitely can’t put whatever champ they want in the game. If you don’t think Marvel has input, you’re just being silly.

Obviously, he's talking about the ones they can already put and therefore, can be voted by the community to be in the game.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Frnkielo said:

DNA3000 said:

Frnkielo said:

I think I actually heard about that. Legendary.
    Oh, you mean this?

Thank you for screenshotting this legendary moment.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Frnkielo said:

DNA3000 said:

Frnkielo said:

Wuuuut? When was this? Whats the details? @ahmynuts @Pikolu
    Magrailothos posted the screenshots above. It was so funny when it was happening
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 311 ★★★
    Thokk150 said:

I dont get why people vote at all.

Last time we got Gladiator. A totally useless champion. We were really "taken by the nose" (guess I have to watch my language, so my in-game account doesnt get banned :)

I really cannot wrap my head around the fact that there are people in this thread with the reading comprehension of a toddler, op was not banned because he went and criticized kabam or the vote, op was banned because they used heavy slurs against a minority, which is always unwarranted. You can say that gladiator sucks balls and while that's unconstructive, you won't get banned because you are voicing an opinion, but if you say gladiator sucks ass with a random homophobic slur at the end then kabam is gonna ban you.
    Is it really that hard to understand?
    I was a joke, hence the smiley face
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★

Miike and Jax returning to see what this thread devolved into while they were gone:

Yeah. This thread has become increasingly toxic by the hour.
  • call_me_ogcall_me_og Member Posts: 87
    how did this thread go from the vote being rigged to people being homophobic
    im beyond confused at this point
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Frnkielo said:

DNA3000 said:

Frnkielo said:

Wuuuut? When was this? Whats the details? @ahmynuts Pikolu
    Magrailothos posted the screenshots above. It was so funny when it was happening
    Goddamn.saw then right now. What a bomb.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Âstromix said:

Hey, i just banned you in game for 30 days. Don't you ever come into our forums and spread your hateful homophobic nonsense ever again. That is not welcome here, and if that's how you want to act, you're not welcome here or in our game either.

The game has turned into something incomprehensible. This rainbow flag is being forced on us. I have always been a neutral person. But this has already reached the point of absurdity when a person is banned for his opinion. Why do you only feel sorry for homosexuals? Why don't you care about the position of normal people? (yes, yes, normal)
    What?
  • call_me_ogcall_me_og Member Posts: 87
    ahmynuts said:

how did this thread go from the vote being rigged to people being homophobic
    im beyond confused at this point

Welcome to the MCOC forum where even the most innocent-seeming threads can somehow be twisted into something like that. You'd be surprised the things some people come up with to relate the game to some form of hate speech
    and i thought having to deal with the twitter comunity was bad enough....
  • MasterAMasterA Member Posts: 574 ★★★
    Even if blob didn’t win, he could be added to the game in the future. We have seen this with zemo, Kushala, white tiger, bullseye and more.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

smdam38 said:

I’m going to ask again.

I'm in agreement. If OP was using hate speech then bans here (permanent) and in-game (which temporary by what I see) is fine.

Not sure having the thread remain open to have ideology wars is a good thing, or helps anybody - from what I've read here nobody is convincing anyone else in here. Like a good old US election.
    I think the idea was for us to dunk on OP. But what happened was someone else came in and took all the attention away from OP. Then another person doubled down with homophobia and replaced the 2nd person.

Typical instance of why we can't have nice things.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    Malenia said:

… Even though he’s eliminated, hope you guys will add Blob later in the year!

Now this is the proper response to Blob getting eliminated. It's my stance as well.
This discussion has been closed.