**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

New Carrina's challenges thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,955 ★★★★★
    Motorola said:

I would have loved the same difficulty with having to rank up 8 (5stars) to max, instead of having to rank up 8 (6 or 7 stars) and use sooooo many end game resources on irrelevant champs that you will never use again. When you are a valiant player who is trying to keep up with the other valiant/paragon players (especially in Battlegrounds), we have to choose our rank ups very carefully. Ranking up black widow/antman/thor/hawkeye/jabari panther/mojo really hurts our accounts. Tigra/ironman/zemo are the only champs that are easier to spend the rank up resources on. This is why Lagacys challenge was GENIUS, even if it was exactly the same difficulty as Fintechs and Karate Mikes, players would NOT mind it as much because maxing out 8 5stars is reasonable for some side/OPTIONAL challenges, and we wouldn't feel like we are taking away from our end game/battlegrounds rosters (top 30 champs) so much (except for gold and ISO of course).

So rank up your 5* versions instead of the 6/7* versions and use them.

Nobody said you can't use 5* champs.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,517 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Wild to me that people are attacking the stick rather than the carrot. If the rewards were worth the effort, the complains would be lower.

It was also mentioned several times yesterday that these challenges were delayed. So it makes me wonder whether the rewards adjusted given the delay (we have had both 8.3 and Necropolis released since the anticipated launch of these challenges). If the anticipated release of these challenges were pre-revive nerf, were they delayed because of the revive nerf? Releasing these challenges after the nerf, after necropolis, and during WOW (when now, after the Abs Man debacle, every assumes they will need all of their revives for WOW) just seems like a perfect storm created by Kabam yet the blame has shifted to the creators.

Nah it would be worse, at least this way its easy to pass
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 301

Siliyo said:

You challenging a player is different than you wondering “is this possible?”. The majority of players will not choose to go in with ducks only. Virtually, anything can be done in the game with enough units and resources (which you can buy with units). The way quest content is created lately, its been a question of “how many resources will you use?” And I’d like to know why that philosophy is so prevalent

Your question is based on a false premise. By basically any measure content in the game has become less resource intensive for players over time. Story content is much, much less resource intensive than it used to be. Alliance War is much less resource intensive for average players than it used to be since we made revives free. I wasn't around when Abyss was released, but based on what I have heard and data I have seen, Necropolis is less resource intensive than Abyss was when it was released.

So if by "lately" you mean the last week, then sure, the game is more resource intensive than it was in January when there was nothing to do. But if anything our the game has moved in the other directions over time and that's pretty evident both anecdotally and based on the data we have.

One thing we wanted to do this year was release much more content so players always have something to do. Some of it is going to be hard, some of it is going to be easier. It just happens that a couple of the hardest pieces lined up in the schedule. We decided to move forward with the schedule since one of them is permanent and can be done whenever players are ready.

At any rate right now I personally am focused on making sure players have tons of content to do and both short and long-term goals to achieve. There is much, much more coming, most of which won't be this hard.
    Your statement is almost 100% false and filled with zero evidence of what you’re saying. The game and your companies statements are completely different, but, since you’re specifically calling lately since January.. ok I’ll play along

Since January
    Necropolis pay to die and get rewarded jan15
    How is this not about cash? There was an event specifically meant to pay out dying and spending on non-farmable revives(see below)

Removed farming for revives less than 2 weeks before necropolis pay out ( because time invested to obtain these is now valueless as the life and time of the ftp player isn’t good enough to obtain these resources)

Added raids. Game mode where you automatically die if you’re too skilled for a single run.

Aw tactic people above p2 know all about this. Passive ai can guarantee that you lose your steadfast. Increasing the amount of necessary spending in aw.

Ccp carina “challenges” has 2 parts to its multifaceted money grabbing design including an ingenious added monetary mechanism. Revives and heals.
    Forced rank ups with specific champs and releasing limited time offers to buy these ranks ups. While including specific champs in RNG packages (so people spending can’t even be assured they get the only champs they can use).

WoW not only does this require heals or at minimum revives. It also requires specific rank ups of champs. But it doesn’t stop there… now players have to spend 10 energy for every attempt they make. And, while this may not use all the refills they have, the genius lies in the effect of this to the rest of their game. No longer will people have piles in their stash so they can make quality of life choices by smashing through content. Now when they try to complete content they’ll also have to use units on energy since monthly quests were basically free. I’m sure that didn’t sit right with the company. How can you have any content that’s simply just to play

Every decision by any company is about the company and its profit. That’s just a fact.
    And Kabam specifically makes content decisions based on players resources used in an effort to increase spending.
    Spenders weren’t farming because they can afford to not waste their time
    Ftp can’t afford to buy or don’t see the point. So they weren’t buying and still aren’t.
    The removal of this way to obtain valuable game resources did nothing but hurt the players that needed it and play your game for the love of it.

I’d love a real reply or rebuttal that proves any of this wrong. Players are not this naive and we understand the economics of our world. I’d gladly play the free content that helps a valiant player with 61 7*, 3 rank 3 and only 19 missing 6* champs… please tell me the ftp content that’s highly beneficial for my account
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Carina's Challenges intention is to give 1% top players something to do that requires all the skill and resources they dont have to use on other content.

The fact that we got some that would include "everybody" doesnt make it is the main intention of them.

This content is not supposed to be achievable by most of us, this is not meant to be hard skill wise, but not doable without spending resources.

Why you guys acting suddenly like this MUST be like you want it to be?

The same way nobody gets mad because Celestial in BGs is not achievable by everybody, we shouldnt get mad because is isnt either, because thats the intention behind this content.
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 301
    Jefechuta said:

Carina's Challenges intention is to give 1% top players something to do that requires all the skill and resources they dont have to use on other content.

The fact that we got some that would include "everybody" doesnt make it is the main intention of them.

This content is not supposed to be achievable by most of us, this is not meant to be hard skill wise, but not doable without spending resources.

Why you guys acting suddenly like this MUST be like you want it to be?

The same way nobody gets mad because Celestial in BGs is not achievable by everybody, we shouldnt get mad because is isnt either, because thats the intention behind this content.

I don’t think you realize how many people are actually valiant players. I don’t think you realize how many people actually had to complete necropolis for 11 million deaths to occur..

It’s not some super select group. The top 500 or 1000 alliances are filled with valiant players. They may not all be valiant, but valiant players aren’t only in top 100
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    I think there should always be some content in the game which everyone including top 1 % players can say that it is tough and they have to use their revives to complete it. Otherwise the revive resources of these top players will just expire with no where to use and it will be unfair to them.

Also I am sure kabam especially mentioned what difficulty of challenges they want from ccp and they only followed them so no point in blaming ccp. I believe even kabam would have asked lagacy to create not so difficult challenge so everyone can easily get the deathless groot piece.

My biggest problem with these challenges is the cost required (especially iso in my case) to rankup some of these champions. For instance I had 2*, 3*, 4* starky maxed, 6* starky as rank4 but I didn't ranked 5* starky coz I got him after I got 6*. Now I will have to max the only rarity i had not ranked from level 1 rank1 to max. Similarly I have 6* Zemo, Ironman, Black Widow, Thor, Hawkeye,Jabari unranked(The only luck I have is 7* awakened mojo and antman). Now I have to rank them up to 4 or 5 from rank1 with most of them having no future use. Kabam should have at least provided some of the rank up resources including iso, t6bc, and tier3 alpha.
  • Options
    Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    gohard123 said:

i don't think that was the thought process. if that would be the case then make Carina challenges available or only Valiant players, cause me with 6 mln roaster and 4 paths completed in Necropolyss, i don't have any of these champs highly ranked up beside the 5 star spidi. do I have to spend all the gold and catalysts on ranking average champions just to get some bad rewards?

If the rewards are bad to you especially considering the cost of ranking “average” champions then don’t do it. It won’t be a detriment to you or your account, that’s the objective essence of these challenges.
    Don’t do it? Did I had to specify, obviously I am not gonna do it that’s the whole point of my message
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

When the usual apologists stop defending, you have a real problem on your hands.

Would you like a git gud comment?
    stop being unreasonable. There are reasons why it is so hard, and you may not be the target audience for this.
  • Options
    CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Posts: 67
    Rewards aren't worth the effort if there were rank gems for every champion needed or/and r3 gems
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,377 ★★★★★

I think I know why the community is so upset.

We didn't get a challenge from Prof Hoff.

It would probably be based on content that doesn't exist.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,527 ★★★★★

This will be the 1st content in the history of mcoc that i will be skipping (except for the sparky stuff to get the KG piece). Last content i didn't do was the Coulson challenge ,i tried but couldn't do it. That was 8 years ago

Exact same. Didn't have a 4* BW at the time, couldn't get it done.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Cdjcdkj said:

Rewards aren't worth the effort if there were rank gems for every champion needed or/and r3 gems

If that was included, then folks would feel compelled to do this content to keep up. How is that better? Do you think the complaints would be less??
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,579 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

When the usual apologists stop defending, you have a real problem on your hands.

Would you like a git gud comment?
    stop being unreasonable. There are reasons why it is so hard, and you may not be the target audience for this.
    Well at least we finally found one.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Next time Kabam should be more specific and say:

"We dont want you guys to do this Challenge the same way you do the rest of the monthly content, this is a little amount of people to be done, the ones that have nothing else to do with their resources"

So we dont have this senseless discussions of people that have nothing to do with this challenge; its like getting angry with Audi because they release an Audi A8 thats not possible to be bought for everybody, dude, you have a big bunch of Audis that are easier to buy, an A8 is not meant to be bought for everyone, this is the exact same, you want an Audi but you are not rich? Buy an Audi A4.

My advice for Kabam is to ignore comments about how this content shouldnt be this way if its intended to be this way.

I mean, it is not even new content, its just an additional objective, the same way nobody complained about having to do Abyss with 4*, nobody should be complaining about how hard this new Carina's challenges are.

Its amazing how spoiled the forums community is sometimes, god damn.