Options

Showcase Strategy

Comments

• Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 202 ★★
    Wow, slightly off topic @Greekhit , but what are your masteries? My titania is 7r2 and only 23,000 PI.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    jdschw said:

Wow, slightly off topic @Greekhit , but what are your masteries? My titania is 7r2 and only 23,000 PI.

My questing masteries set up are only attack and proficiencies focused.
    No suicides, not a single point in defence masteries.
    All in at attack masteries.
    High PI is due to boosts active.
    I’m sure that if u have suicides active and are willing to retry, the runs could be much cheaper than seven revives.
    But I had revives expiring today and additionally was bored to restart 😂
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 148 ★★
    galans immune to power burn yet red skull power burns him?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,799 Guardian

Red Skull doesn't power burn, read his kit again.
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 148 ★★
    Pikolu said:

okay so red skull power drains. Galans still power drain immune also yet damage is still done for power draining
  • Options

Pikolu said:

okay so red skull power drains. Galans still power drain immune also yet damage is still done for power draining
    Power drain doesn't do damage. Read his kit one more time and hopefully you'll understand.
  • Options
    JollyHawk said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Power drain doesn't do damage. Read his kit one more time and hopefully you'll understand.
    "Read".

That's where you went wrong.
    My apologies, I completely forgot.

In that case I'll just say that Red Skull has power drain with a side of damage.

In other words, the damage isn't tied to power drain.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,098 ★★★★★

I do not play T1 War and I enjoyed every fight in this quest aside from Sasquatch. It don't agree that he was as hard as Absorbing Man Robots, but he is a legitimate challenge that is probably on par with some of the WoW fights. The strategy I ended up going with after restarting a few times was taking him down to ~30% normally and then just powering through the damage reduction with a 6R5 (not ascended) Photon without knocking him down. Don't forget to use your S2099 Relic to turn dex off. I tried to make Caltrops Kate work but I'm not skilled enough to make it happen.

I just finished the right side and had a lot of fun with most of it. I don’t have a relevant rarity Photon, so I used Hulk w/ Silver Surfer synergy and did basically the same thing you did. Just power through that last forty percent without knockdowns to avoid him regenerating.

I used sig 40 7* r2 Angela for that Red Skull and got the solo, it was a lot of fun. Long fight, had to slow roll it to make sure I didn’t get wrecked, but she handled it without issue.

Hulk for the rest of the tactic fights, Hulkling for Venom and Future Man. Swapped in Zemo for Photon and remembered that I’m bad at fighting Photon. Will need to come up with a better idea for my next run, because that was just a revive slog. Otherwise, good stuff. It was fun bringing champs to bear that I didn’t have when the season was live.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 576 ★★★
    Having not managed to make it past Kindred yet (my fault, I avoid fighting him like the plague so not really sure what to do about him) I'm less concerned with the level of difficulty, then I am with the combination of the level of difficulty coupled with only having 2 weeks to do it.
  • Options
    avs7733avs7733 Posts: 52
    I’m curious if anybody has done either path without any items. Both paths I got to Photon in good shape but she is a massive pain. Maybe boosted and max rank there’s a champ that could actually get her down.

I think the path fights are actually decently designed, but they really missed the mark with the boss. Maybe once the bug with switching her to light form is fixed it’ll be a better fight.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 908 ★★★★
    That photon is a nightmare taking 12k on block. Kingpin doesn’t work too well, don’t have black cat or mantis who’s a good counter?
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,302 ★★★★★

Ok, R5 ascended herc with capiw synergy for armour break and R3 sig 40 titania, plus R5 ascended kingpin swap in, did the right side in 14 revives. Which is below the item use cap for spamming 1 loyalty revives in war. No boosts.

@willrun4adonut @Magrailothos - benchmark for us scrubs 🫣

Not pretty and could have done it for a lot less, but wanted to plough through.

Learning? Take the fantman fight much more slowly and it could be a solo; used 4 here. Sassy too, used 3 there, trying to rush it and could solo just playing slower.

3 on red skull and not sure I could have done better. 2 on Mysterio as I decided to "herc it" at that point and two on photon (silly second try with kingpin; I don't know how to fight her).

So could have done it in 6 or 7.

Going to plan the left side a bit better and will boost next time....

@Moosetiptronic sorry to be a little slow today, but who specifically did you use for each fight? Definitely looking for the scrub level guide.
    I'll make one tonight for you oakenshield. It should be up by tomorrow night, but pester me if it's not. #ScrubsUnite
    Tx @wil

Ok, R5 ascended herc with capiw synergy for armour break and R3 sig 40 titania, plus R5 ascended kingpin swap in, did the right side in 14 revives. Which is below the item use cap for spamming 1 loyalty revives in war. No boosts.

@willrun4adonut @Magrailothos - benchmark for us scrubs 🫣

Not pretty and could have done it for a lot less, but wanted to plough through.

Learning? Take the fantman fight much more slowly and it could be a solo; used 4 here. Sassy too, used 3 there, trying to rush it and could solo just playing slower.

3 on red skull and not sure I could have done better. 2 on Mysterio as I decided to "herc it" at that point and two on photon (silly second try with kingpin; I don't know how to fight her).

So could have done it in 6 or 7.

Going to plan the left side a bit better and will boost next time....

@Moosetiptronic sorry to be a little slow today, but who specifically did you use for each fight? Definitely looking for the scrub level guide.
    I'll make one tonight for you oakenshield. It should be up by tomorrow night, but pester me if it's not. #ScrubsUnite
    Thank you @willrun4adonut . I appreciate it.

Will keep an eye out for it.
    I made a write-up, but it was taken down pending review [because I edited it I guess?]. I'll try again in the morning. @Oakenshield
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 57
    By no means this content reflects the name of content aka aw showcase.
    It's more of aw gauntlet or boss rush.
    With fully loaded masteries for defenders which normally players can't have in aw seasons.
    This felt like a lvl litle above t1 wars if not par with it. Not sure how you guys name it showcase & not gauntlet/ boss rush.. coz each fight seems like a boss of their own than path fights would hv looked like.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★

Hello everyone.

At any rate, I'm excited for Summoners to get their hands on Deathless King Groot next month. I know this is hard but I definitely think it will be worth it. Later this week Summoners will also learn something else important about the Deathless champions that I think substantially increases their value.

Hello @Kabam Crashed

Would it be that Deathless Thanos has a Horseman-like ability to power his Deathless henchmen? 👀
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,437 ★★★★★

@willrun4adonut @Magrailothos - benchmark for us scrubs 🫣....

• Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,801 ★★★★

Ok having read much of the suggestions on the thread and looking at my roster, here is what I am thinking:

Left path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Zemo, Mysterio
    R2 sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Longshot, Bishop
    R4 sig 60 Kushala - Gorr
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - as needed on Bishop, Zemo, Mysterio, Photon fights
    Swap Kushala for R2 Black Cat for Photon

Right path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Fantman, Mysterio
    R2 Sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Sassy, Doggo
    R2 unawakened Photon - Backup on Kindred, Sassy, Doggo (and for Photon)
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - Red Skull, Photon
    Swap Titania for R2 Black Cat for Photon

What do you all think? Sound about right?

Ok I’ve revised my thinking a bit based on some additional research. Biggest change is using Mantis for Photon instead of Black Cat, but also some adjustments around fights:

Left path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Zemo
    R2 sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Longshot, Bishop, Mysterio
    R4 sig 60 Kushala - Gorr
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - as needed for backup on Bishop, Zemo, Mysterio, Photon fights
    Swap Kushala for R2 Mantis for Photon

Right path: R5 Ascended max sig Hulkling - Venom, Fantman, Mysterio
    R2 Sig 80 Titania - Kindred, Sassy, Doggo, Mysterio
    R2 unawakened Photon - Backup on Kindred, Sassy, Doggo, Mysterio (and for Photon)
    R5 Ascended max sig Herc - Red Skull, Mysterio and Photon backup
    Swap Titania for R2 Mantis for Photon

Probably my biggest question is relative advantages of Photon vs. Titania. I was originally thinking Titania as my lead for the left path, and both of them for the right given how annoying Sassy is. Now I’m wondering if Photon should be my lead option given that her debuffs last a little longer and given her untouchable as a bit of a safety margin.

Thoughts on R2 unawakened Photon vs. R2 sig 80 Titania?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,633 ★★★★★
    Hear hear, I literally used longshot, 5* wiccan, rintrah and even ladyD to kill that stupid Gorr but noooo he always started to heal up, stupid sp1 spam, protection.

Then what? I friking used Hercules and one shotted him, it's hilarious man 🤣
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 322 ★★
    @JLordVileJ , better stay out of deep waters if you're not even thronebreaker. unless you are stacked with units.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,127 ★★★★
    @Oakenshield no worries my man.

So I used titania, hulk, capiw and herc.

Venom; herc, heavy to armour break, then normal herc fight. This venom is very aggressive, except when at high level 1 power, then he holds it forever...

Kindred; titania. Her debuffs stop hazard shift, so just don't stun him. Save a special for when he is at low life.

Fantman; herc. Wait out his first armour, then heavy to armour break, then play really slow. Keep heavy-ing, to keep up the armour breaks. You may die...

Red skull; herc, heavies again and intercepts, I died here, so just herc'd it for the revives.

Sasquatch; titania. The trick here is keeping up the debuffs to keep her furies high, so you do enough damage as he goes debuff immune and with a point or two in despair, it keeps his healing under control. I threw an sp3 after knocking him down, at around 30% life and it pretty much killed him (took him to 4%)

Werewolf; titania. Just a normal fight, he dies quickly and the debuffs stop hazard shift again.

Mysterio; herc! I just 20% revived him. Should have used titania in retrospect.

Swapped in KP for hulk.

Photon; KP, then herc. Ko, bait heavy, combo, intercept, combo, sp1. Take her sp1 to the face, intercept, combo, intercept combo, sp1. Do that as much as you can, them die.... Then herc, again, bait the first heavy, combo, intercept, infuriate, intercept, intercept, take an sp1 to the face, intercept, sp2, take an sp1 to the face, combo untill death, 20% revive and do it again.

Could have swapped hulk for someone else, to make the red skull or Mysterio fights easier.

Path 2, I'm planning to take herc and titania again and may take diablo and KP, or hood and KP. Herc, in case I just want to face roll any fight, and then either diablo or hood depending on who I think will be harder, zemo or gorr.... Hoping for under 15 revives again!
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,227 ★★★★★
    edited March 19
    Took left path with team

R1 7* titania
    Mr fantastic r1 6*
    She hulk r1 6*
    R5 kate

Venom - Titania solo
    Kindred - Titania solo
    Longshot - Titania solo
    Bishop - Titania solo
    Gorr - Kate bishop solo (x2 coldsnaps)
    Zemo - Titania 3 revives cause I was bad
    Mysterio - Titania 1 or 2 revives just push him to sp2
    Photon - Zemo/Titania about 6 ish or 7 revives (I dont know how to fight her).

Any recommendation for right side?