Spring of sorrow week 2 counters

Comments

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,010 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Managed it with 7R3 Shang Chi using 2 Revives due to eventually missing evades.

Trying it with Photon now. No DKG to speak of so this'll be it.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 3,993 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

PT_99 said:

Captain America movie with double objective, Herc, that's 3 objectives easy
    (Better said than done) 😭

3 objectives easy? This also you? Lol

Anyways this fight looks easy as hell, other than the AI being ****, easy. It was so obvious that the fight was going to have zero problematic nodes, I called it.
    I'm bit disappointed tho, guess we really bullied Kabam too much in that abs man challenge xD
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,160 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Well, got it done. Shang Chi and Photon weren’t bad at all, but DKG was a revive fest for me. The AI chose that fight to be at its most horrendous.

Enjoyed the first two fights but definitely did NOT enjoy DKG. Glad I’ve got the dup now though.

Anyone know if we need to do the kg one to get the last milestone reward. If not no way I’m doing it.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,130 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 30

Well, got it done. Shang Chi and Photon weren’t bad at all, but DKG was a revive fest for me. The AI chose that fight to be at its most horrendous.

Enjoyed the first two fights but definitely did NOT enjoy DKG. Glad I’ve got the dup now though.

Anyone know if we need to do the kg one to get the last milestone reward. If not no way I’m doing it.
    It’s an extra point but if you have dkg I wouldn’t miss out
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 915 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 30

If you do all 3 objectives, you'll get an extra point, which could allow you to skip an objective later(if wanted/needed.) If you've got death tree, I'd say it's worth doing
  • FolkvangrFolkvangr Member Posts: 142 β˜…β˜…

Just finished the DKG one .. man AI is ****.. as hard as it was to get power stings on Onslaught, he turtled and refuse to throw sp1s until the power sting timer was gone.

What was your strategy? Sp1 for armor break, sp2 for burst of damage or sp3 for healing?

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,092 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 30
    Could someone give a rundown of the gist of the summary of what you're aiming to do in the fight to win?

I frankly haven't even looked at the nodes yet, and I've always have banned Onslaught in BG, so pretend I'm a noob here.

I'll be taking Shang-Chi and Photon most likely. And DKG.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,668 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Finally the awful day has come. Who do you think are the best counters for this beefy onslaught?

One of my alli mates Herc'd him in one shot

• jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 364 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 30
    If all you want is a completion and an extra point, just use herc. I was able to complete it with herc. It took like 3 or 4 revives, but once he builds up those feats, he can do enough damage to bulldoze through.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 30

Could someone give a rundown of the gist of the summary of what you're aiming to do in the fight to win?

I frankly haven't even looked at the nodes yet, and I've always have banned Onslaught in BG, so pretend I'm a noob here.

what i have done personally is dexing his sp1 except the 4th part (which is only 1 beam). I block it, and dex the last part to remove neuroshock, it will give you one magnetize debuff for healing back up.

Tbh, The fight is pretty simple, learning how to dex his sp1 is basically the only way (and for a more advanced tip, which i didn't do, is charging in fast after 4th beam and dex out last beam for a window to punish his sp1) . All in all, it is just the AI makes that onsl*t much harder than it should be. I hate this more than wow abs
  • PrentexPrentex Member Posts: 386 β˜…β˜…
    Can you use the slow with shang-chi to make his heavy punishable?
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,160 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

jdschw said:

God i hate Onslaught so much.

I don't get how you guys are doing this with 6r3 shang chi. My guy just melts away with only a couple neuroshocks. If i miss one sp1 dex, I'm dead, even if i block it, because of the neuroshocks.

Half the time when i run in for the mlllm, he light intercepts me, and he can kill my 6r3 shang with a single combo.

Ive been practicing for an hour and i still can't reliably dex his sp1.

I hate Onslaught. I hate him so much. And they took away the heavy counter window.

This sucks.

Take your time.

Seriously, it's a two-week challenge.

Some of these guys are extremely good players. But even someone reporting a solo or 'just one revive' usually doesn't mention that was on their 37th attempt...πŸ˜‰

For the record, I'm a capable player rather than a great one. I'm Paragon, did Necropolis etc; and I love Shang-Chi and know how to use him: my best run so far with a 6* 5/65 Shang is around 14% health off.

Now I'm confident that amount will go up substantially with practice; and when I put on boosts; but I'm not using them right now, because it's day 1.

So, slow down. Practice Dexing Onslaught's SP1 a lot more - have you got a version you can fight against in Practice mode?

And soloes aren't for everyone. This is a crazy big healthpool on a tough opponent. There's no shame in grinding him down with a few revives...

PS: remember all Shang's Wushu strikes work through block, including Stun - that's an easy opening, at least.
    Fr this was the first boss I didn’t get a solo, harder than abs man for sure.
  • ShevvelShevvel Member Posts: 185 β˜…
    Turn on Suicide only sp2 with hercules- max 2-3 revives would (2021 hero)
    next captain america inifinity war will do rest objectives so plan to finish him with 4-6 revives.
    Deathless KG objective is only for whales skill doesnt matter. so better leave it if you care about ur mental health.

Just play normally when you play against onslaught but now you can't even punish his heavy also 😘
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,805 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Prentex said:

Can you use the slow with shang-chi to make his heavy punishable?

No - Slow won't trigger against Class Disadvantage.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 β˜…β˜…β˜…

I think I've practiced against my own onslaught about 50 times trying to get sp1 Dex timing and still not reliable. Genuinely the hardest fight I've ever had in this game simply because while I'm happy to revive spam, it's not much use starting that strategy when old mate is sitting on 95%.

I've never had this much issue getting the dex right.

Already did it with herc, trying with 6r4 Beardo now and it's harsh, also need a DKG kill so I might end up going all in with the tree.

Mistimed revive stash means I will need to use a few inside 2 days or lose them.

Skill issue, I has it.

In the same situation, did it with Herc, and have a 6R4 CAIW to do the rest…going to be a revive party, but haven't gotten a solid first run done…not giving up yet, 13 days to go πŸ€­πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,807 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The AI is the stupdiest thing I have ever seen tbh. Onslaught never intercepts, he is soooooo passive and always light intercept you if you try to dash in....

Kabam fixx you goddamn AI it's not fun anymore
  • TrongNovTrongNov Member Posts: 293 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Of all my runs. Photon somehow lured the big guy to go gentle and play nice without being a jerk of an A.I. Soloed with Photon, 3 revives with DKG, 1 revive with Shang-chi, 3 revives with Herc.
    Can cap sam wilson work? I have 7* and I don't want to rank up my 6* photon for the Size M Avangers fight.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Anyone try or G99 or Warlock? They each fulfill an objective
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,886 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Anyone try or G99 or Warlock? They each fulfill an objective

I think the fact they are metal makes it a little rougher. No way to remove neuros.

Dr. Zola
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,379 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm trying to find which combo would be easiest for me given my options:

6r4 CapIW- Carina + M Avenger
    r6 Herc- 2021 Hero

or

6r3 Shang- Carina + 2021 Hero
    r6 Photon or 7r1 awakened Antman- M Avenger

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,886 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 30

I'm trying to find which combo would be easiest for me given my options:

6r4 CapIW- Carina + M Avenger
    r6 Herc- 2021 Hero

or

6r3 Shang- Carina + 2021 Hero
    r6 Photon or 7r1 awakened Antman- M Avenger

Definitely Shang. May want to R4, just for the extra oomph, but his ability to create openings made the fight straightforward (if you can dex Sp1).

It’s a real shame Shang got no credit in game for his Secret Avengers stint.

Dr. Zola