Spring of sorrow week 2 counters

12346»

Comments

• hyp3r05hyp3r05 Member Posts: 82

Can someone tell me what to do in this fight? As weird as it sounds, I can dex his sp1 reliably now, but I don't know how to deal good damage nor how to fight Onslaught with his kit (either his basic kit nor with the nodes). I just don't understand it, and everyone is saying you just need to master his sp1.

I'm using Photon and DKG.

Among other things, whenever you gain a bar of power you get a power sting. If you then intercept him you can transfer it to him and nominally have him damage himself when he does his next sp1. That worked reasonably well for me on my Shang Chi and Photon fights, but on my DKG fight he almost never threw a special when he had the power sting.
    Thanks. Photon I just gave up on and used 5 revives after pumping in mastery points for inequity.

DKG, maybe I'll have to call in 4-hour-stash man (who hopefully won't have to call big brother unit man).
    Deathless KG does so little damage in this fight, my strategy was build indefinite armor break with the sp1 while you have furies, then relic into a heavy. It worked decent enough.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,807 ★★★★★
    hyp3r05 said:

Can someone tell me what to do in this fight? As weird as it sounds, I can dex his sp1 reliably now, but I don't know how to deal good damage nor how to fight Onslaught with his kit (either his basic kit nor with the nodes). I just don't understand it, and everyone is saying you just need to master his sp1.

I'm using Photon and DKG.

Among other things, whenever you gain a bar of power you get a power sting. If you then intercept him you can transfer it to him and nominally have him damage himself when he does his next sp1. That worked reasonably well for me on my Shang Chi and Photon fights, but on my DKG fight he almost never threw a special when he had the power sting.
    Thanks. Photon I just gave up on and used 5 revives after pumping in mastery points for inequity.

DKG, maybe I'll have to call in 4-hour-stash man (who hopefully won't have to call big brother unit man).
    Deathless KG does so little damage in this fight, my strategy was build indefinite armor break with the sp1 while you have furies, then relic into a heavy. It worked decent enough.
    I Kept hitting on onslaught block when malice is on cooldown to get more fury charges.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,824 ★★★★★
    Survived the fight with 6r4 CapIW. Will do DKG after a little break.

Solo?

Solo?
    No and it wasn’t close. Only thing holding me back was skill.
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 162
    Finally finished the fights, used Shang Chi and Photon no DKG so skipping the last objective. Big thank you to simula who taught how to dex SP1 on his YouTube video. Never believed to be possible but in the end I was able to dex more than half the time. Everyone is right SP1 dex is the key to the fight. Used tons of revives but glad I overcame my fear of fighting Onslaught. Sense of accomplishment.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Oh God... the AI 😭

Got it done,but please Kabam for the love of the game, add an aggressive mode in the gauntlet!

Did it with Herc 6r4a, 7r1 photon, 7r1 DKG and 7r1 Void.

Had the most fun with Void, least fun with photon because I'm just not a fan of using her on attack.

Beating on him with the death tree was fun as well, but not as fun as melting him eith Void who I've always loved using.

I'm glad it's over.
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Member Posts: 337 ★★
    Finally did it
    Hercules - 2 revives
    Shangchi - 3 revives
    (Don't ask why I used Hercules, i thought I couldn't fight OS with shangchi so I went for Hercules. After I tried with shangchi in the first attempt took 35 % health. So I completed that as well)
    Photon - 3 revives
    DKG - almost got frustrated with the ai. Jt was horrible but did it with 10 to 12 revives
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★

I just had this awesome run with r1 DKG this afternoon and my dumahh just clicked restart out of habit🤦🏻 well maybe I can hope for a solo the next time
    edited June 2
    Nvm the awesome people at support put me back into the quest with my progress restored.

Let's effin gooo!!!!
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 416 ★★★
    edited June 2
    Final Count

Caiw : 2 Revives 7R1
    Shang Chi: 4 revives 7R1
    DKG : 5 Revives 7R1

This is what I remember. Should be more or less correct

Nvm the awesome people at support put me back into the quest with my progress restored.

Let's effin gooo!!!!

How was your run?

Let's effin gooo!!!!

How was your run?
    Went much better than I expected. I used
    - 7* r1 Shang Chi (SOLO) - 0 revives
    - 7*r1 DKG - 4 revives (Onslaught just cornered me without throwing specials 2 of the times, should have been 2 revives)
    - 6* r4 Ascended Photon - 5 revives

Total revives: 9
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 882 ★★★
    edited June 3
    6* r4 Shang chi - solo
    6* r5 ascended photon - solo
    7* r1 DKG - solo

I enjoyed the fight. The one thing I didn’t like is that DKG is not a very good option. Unlike DGuilly’s challenge (she was actually decent and could shine fairly well vs Dani), DKG can’t get his typical big damage payout. Yes; the armour breaks are decent, the regen is decent and the fight is still easy, it’s just disappointing that DKG doesn’t shine in this challenge in the same manner. It just feels a bit out of place I guess, because it’s slow haha
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★
    I'm defeating him with DKG tonight as I just r2 him. It won't be pretty, and it won't be a solo. For those of you who did it already, did you heal up DKG each run, or just revived him? Also, did anyone do it with suicides with him? Thanks all.

I'm defeating him with DKG tonight as I just r2 him. It won't be pretty, and it won't be a solo. For those of you who did it already, did you heal up DKG each run, or just revived him? Also, did anyone do it with suicides with him? Thanks all.

Revive nd full heal, otherwise he won't sustain

I just finished it with full heals and suicides. And boosts. It still sucked
    edited June 5

The gameplan for DKG is
    Get to sp 1 back to back, keep an eye on the power cause you need to time both the power stings and the fury, and if your power sting activates first, you have to be especially carefull not to get 2 bars.

Build upto 10 armour breaks and then just go for the sp3(while you have furies for more potent regen)

If you need to parry him for some reason, (either to get out of a sticky situation or just get an opening,) make sure you do it while you have furies.

And another tip , Onslaught (atleast in my experience and I ran this fight 50+ times) responds better to a 4 hit intercept, as opposed to the normal 3 hit one we're used to, idk what it is, but 80% of the time when I dash back after a 4 hit combo he dashes in at me, compared to a 3 hit dash back where he either just stands idle, dashes back or keeps blocking

And the MOST IMPORTANT TIP,
    DONOT PANIC IF YOU GET DAUNTED AND CANT PURIFY IT

DKG's regen on sp3 is good enough to guarantee survival given you're decently skilled, so no need to worry when you lose out on the willpower healing.
    I cannot tell you how many times I panicked after and getting a daunted on me and got destroyed.
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 162
    I realised I got so much better at fighting Onslaught. Have increasingly picked him for Arena fights just to practise my dex when in the past I would avoid at all costs. Can now dex SP1 with more confidence. Like all things in life I never realised something is possible until I gave it a try or many tries.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,010 ★★★★★
    Sunstar19 said:

I realised I got so much better at fighting Onslaught. Have increasingly picked him for Arena fights just to practise my dex when in the past I would avoid at all costs. Can now dex SP1 with more confidence. Like all things in life I never realised something is possible until I gave it a try or many tries.

100%

Plus I confidently sent Shang Chi against him in Battlegrounds recently, and won :smile:
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,668 ★★★★★
    TrongNov said:

Of all my runs. Photon somehow lured the big guy to go gentle and play nice without being a jerk of an A.I. Soloed with Photon, 3 revives with DKG, 1 revive with Shang-chi, 3 revives with Herc.

How in the world did you do it with Photon? She gains so many buffs that it makes it difficult to crit
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★

I just finished it with full heals and suicides. And boosts. It still sucked
    Thanks. This, as simple as it was, was the best tip.

I found this harder than Abs Man, and I just got really lucky. I was ready to throw 20+ revives [and open my 4 hour crystal stash for potions], but I was able to do it in 3 revives.

I decided to r2 my DKG, boost with 20% attack, 20% health and 30% green. Then I turned suicides on. Out of 700 energies since the challenge started, I was only able to take off 20% health 3 times in one run. So I was going to go in and slowly just chip away 3-7% health each time. But on my run where I was ready, I somehow got him to 41% percent. He just decide to play nice with his intercept game.

I then for my other runs built up armor breaks until I was going to die because he would keep intercepting me and fired off my sp2. I know people were saying not too, since you'll die, but that sp2 would take off a big chunk before I would die. Again, I just got lucky with that first run, and then tripping into the sp2 damage with suicides.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,605 ★★★★★
    I give up i don't have the mentality to patiently wait till onslaught decides to use sp1. Just when i get the ball running and focused i somehow end up messing up and dying. Been at this for 1 week and still didn't complete any objectives at all.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,329 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Ok done with all the objectives

M and Hero: Hercules. Intercept a lot and use sp2. Lots of additional burst + immortality will save your butt

DkG: See above. Stack 10 armor breaks and spam sp3

Avengers: Photon. Nothing special, dex sp1 like usual, the taunt helps, and spam sp2

Carina challengers: Shang Chi is the only viable option I see. Stack chi charges and rip a massive sp2. Only took 2 revives with a r3 6*. Thanks to the person who suggested the strategy above

@Emilia90 my shang is the same rank, how many sp3's did you go for? i assume you just did mlllm and mlm heavy repeat while waiting out the power sting?