Who are you voting to get a rework

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Cyclops
    ESF said:

Please, people! Don’t be scared off by all of this Cyclops propaganda!

Everyone who owns an awakened Cyclops (Blue Team) with a decent Sig level knows the truth: That kit is in far better shape than poor Doctor Strange.

I got nothing against anyone, including the former Kabam Miike. But come on. Just play the kits. It’s obvious just how much Doctor Strange really, really is in a bad place.

Cyclops would probably be pretty awesome with just a minor buff, some longer Armor Breaks leading to an extended Armor Shattered, because the base DPS is there.

Doctor Strange isn’t even close to that.

That kit desperately — desperately — needs a rework.

Just play it.

It’s the definition of what a Rework program should address.

Please, people. It’s dire.

Did you just imply Cyclops isn't that bad but Strange is terrible? You're crazy lmao definitely biased.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    edited August 16
    Cyclops
    Ortoun said:

At this point no one, because I refuse to go to Instagram to vote

100% this. I get wanting to diversify platforms of engagement but why not Discord or Twitter… even though we saw where voting on Twitter got us… thanks for Shang over Kate 😭 as a 7… at least the (sh)Twitter precedent was already established.

Still rooting for a non-meme Cyke over another likely over complicated sorcerer even though I’d love for the loser to get attention like Antman did.
    Cyclops
    ESF said:

@EdisonLaw : I would gladly take the tie. Even if the Cyclops went first, as long as the Strange kit got done.

I mean, my gosh. I understand why people want the Cyclops rework — I do. I like Cyclops, too.

But holy smokes. DS is basically unplayable. Anywhere

lol where are people playing Cyclops?
    Cyclops
    BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

@EdisonLaw : I would gladly take the tie. Even if the Cyclops went first, as long as the Strange kit got done.

I mean, my gosh. I understand why people want the Cyclops rework — I do. I like Cyclops, too.

He's probably talking about that video where Seatin uses full synergy team and horseman to make him slightly decent but even then, Stranger has more utility than Cyclops. Anyone trying to argue one is worse than the other is just wrong, both are just as bad with the only difference being Strange was already broken once, Cyclops has been a meme since release.
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    Dr. Strange

ESF said:

Everyone who owns an awakened Cyclops (Blue Team) with a decent Sig level knows the truth: That kit is in far better shape than poor Doctor Strange.

I got nothing against anyone, including the former Kabam Miike. But come on. Just play the kits. It’s obvious just how much Doctor Strange really, really is in a bad place.

Cyclops would probably be pretty awesome with just a minor buff, some longer Armor Breaks leading to an extended Armor Shattered, because the base DPS is there.

Just play it.

Did you just imply Cyclops isn't that bad but Strange is terrible? You're crazy lmao definitely biased.
    They’re both not good, but Strange is truly terrible. The base DPS is simply unplayable. It can take 7-9 MINUTES to take down an RoL opponent.

It’s that bad
    Dr. Strange

BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

He's probably talking about that video where Seatin uses full synergy team and horseman to make him slightly decent but even then, Stranger has more utility than Cyclops. Anyone trying to argue one is worse than the other is just wrong, both are just as bad with the only difference being Strange was already broken once, Cyclops has been a meme since release.
    Come on, man — I literally have them both at 6r3. They aren’t the same. Strange’s ability to heal doesn’t offset how horrific the DPS is. Plus the Cyclops Signature Ability actually helps the kit. DS’s Sig is useless against any kit that doesn’t proc buffs and provides no attack benefit

I can’t believe people think these two kits are even remotely comparable
    Cyclops
    ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

Come on, man — I literally have them both at 6r3. They aren’t the same. Strange’s ability to heal doesn’t offset how horrific the DPS is. Plus the Cyclops Signature Ability actually helps the kit. DS’s Sig is useless against any kit that doesn’t proc buffs and provides no attack benefit

Damage isn't everything, Cyclops has virtually no utility compared to Strange who does have a bit. You're also talking as if Cyclops' damage was already decent, without full synergy team and Apoc synergy it's not, it's absolutely terrible too.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    Dr. Strange
    ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

ESF said:

He might have decent damage with a full synergy team but what other utility does he have besides armor break?
    Cyclops

Since cap is out, I'm going to advocate for cyclops, cuz mystic class is already stacked, but we really need powerful mutant champs rn to balance out. So let's vote for cyclops.

Also I believe if strange is getting a buff, it's more likely a enhancement of his existing blessings, more like a copy of kush/sym sup with different set of abilities. But if cyke wins, it's going to be a full reword most probably. So Vote for cyclops!

You've made the right choice, mystic class is already pretty stacked indeed, they've been doing mutants dirty for a while now especially with Northstar being useless for anything but long form content.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,334 ★★★★★
    Cyclops

ESF said:

Just play it.

I did a test with both of them in ROL with max suicides and class advantage (r1)

Strange:
    - Feels smooth to play. Haven't played this guy in years but his animations feel nice
    - Super sustainable with the life steal. Kept himself at decent health unlike cyclops
    - Damage was more consistent than cyclops who barely landed armor breaks in my many tests. Strange also didn’t land armor breaks that frequently but his damage was usually around the same level if not a tiny bit better
    - Finished cap marvel in 3:57
    - Has the sp1 ability which allows him to get up to 100% power back which I didn’t know existed but was cool
    - Still trash at the end of the day but felt smoother than cyclops

Cyclops:
    - Just had armor breaks. He barely procs them too and his damage was still trash
    - Nearly died cause he has nothing going on in his kit to help him like strange
    - Feels clunky af. Especially the last medium, it’s so stilted
    - No utility, no nothing. I love both and would love them both to be buffed but I think cyclops felt worse. He does have some synergies to make him a good damage dealer unlike strange but that’s it
    Cyclops
    Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

I did a test with both of them in ROL with max suicides and class advantage (r1)

Strange:
    - Feels smooth to play. Haven't played this guy in years but his animations feel nice
    - Super sustainable with the life steal. Kept himself at decent health unlike cyclops
    - Damage was more consistent than cyclops who barely landed armor breaks in my many tests. Strange also didn’t land armor breaks that frequently but his damage was usually around the same level if not a tiny bit better
    - Has the sp1 ability which allows him to get up to 100% power back which I didn’t know existed but was cool

Cyclops:
    - Just had armor breaks. He barely procs them too and his damage was still trash
    - No utility, no nothing. I love both and would love them both to be buffed but I think cyclops felt worse. He does have some synergies to make him a good damage dealer unlike strange but that’s it
    Completely agree and had something very similar typed up. You even tested to show that this dps argument outside of not being convincing isn’t really valid either, so 👍. Here’s what I had typed up:

Let’s not pretend like either one of them without synergy hits harder than a pillow wrapped in cotton candy.

If we are being truly objective one does have far superior utility in comparison to the other. Strange has passive power gain, access to maybe the most convent nullify on the game, healing and armor breaks. Cyclops has armor break that’s it. In a standard matchup where you need to manage armor ups Strange has two ways to deal with them and doesn’t require as much baiting of specials to do so.

Both need a buff, but this dps argument is weak, especially when it ignores utility
    edited August 16
    Dr. Strange

Since cap is out, I'm going to advocate for cyclops, cuz mystic class is already stacked, but we really need powerful mutant champs rn to balance out. So let's vote for cyclops.

Also I believe if strange is getting a buff, it's more likely a enhancement of his existing blessings, more like a copy of kush/sym sup with different set of abilities. But if cyke wins, it's going to be a full reword most probably. So Vote for cyclops!

You've made the right choice, mystic class is already pretty stacked indeed, they've been doing mutants dirty for a while now especially with Northstar being useless for anything but long form content.
    I'm predicting Northstar will probably get rebalanced, agreed he's only good for long content but other champs already outperform him. They probably won't make him viable for BGs but at least they can improve him for everest
    Cyclops
    BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:
    Completely agree and had something very similar typed up. You even tested to show that this dps argument outside of not being convincing isn’t really valid either, so 👍. Here’s what I had typed up:

Let’s not pretend like either one of them without synergy hits harder than a pillow wrapped in cotton candy.

If we are being truly objective one does have far superior utility in comparison to the other. Strange has passive power gain, access to maybe the most convent nullify on the game, healing and armor breaks. Cyclops has armor break that’s it. In a standard matchup where you need to manage armor ups Strange has two ways to deal with them and doesn’t require as much baiting of specials to do so.

Both need a buff, but this dps argument is weak, especially when it ignores utility
    Yeah I agree fully. I did further testing, this time giving cyclops a full crit team and he had pretty decent rng with armor breaks and crits and finished in 3:49. Strange even with worse rng and no synergies was finishing fights just 8 seconds slower and has more utility to boot. I think Cyclops needs way more help than strange at this point
    Dr. Strange
    BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

What utility is Cyclops missing? He can’t fly. He has no immunities. He doesn’t have a healing factor. He doesn’t have super strength. What utility is he missing? Some fake Utility like on CapIW’s “Leadership?”

Cyclops’s base DPS is better than Strange’s with an Awakened relic that increases Special Damage. That is insane
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    Dr. Strange
    If anyone wants a re-worked version of Cyclops, play The Destroyer. We know what the possibilities are for DS so why limit the design team with another one trick pony that shoots a beam from his face?
    Dr. Strange
    ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

What utility is Cyclops missing? He can’t fly. He has no immunities. He doesn’t have a healing factor. He doesn’t have super strength. What utility is he missing? Some fake Utility like on CapIW’s “Leadership?”

Cyclops’s base DPS is better than Strange’s with an Awakened relic that increases Special Damage. That is insane
    He could possibly have a similar thing to Cap's leadership where he or his #X-Men or #Hero teammates gain bonuses, and it doesn't even have to be a signature ability. Maybe add some kind of true accuracy on his beam attacks
    edited August 16
    Dr. Strange
    Vanitelia said:

If anyone wants a re-worked version of Cyclops, play The Destroyer. We know what the possibilities are for DS so why limit the design team with another one trick pony that shoots a beam from his face?

The Destroyer and Cyclops aren't similar at all besides their laser beams. Destroyer has utility such as destroying buffs, dual immunities, armor break and slow immunity, unblockable, energize and has a power gain. He has good damage but needs a ramp up, and on top of that he's a good defender. Cyclops has none of that.

A Doctor Strange rework can have more possibilities but the point is that Destroyer and Cyclops aren't the same
    Dr. Strange
    EdisonLaw said:

ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

He could possibly have a similar thing to Cap's leadership where he or his #X-Men or #Hero teammates gain bonuses, and it doesn't even have to be a signature ability. Maybe add some kind of true accuracy on his beam attacks
    You don’t need a rework for that — that’s what a Synergy is supposed to do. If we just want to assign fake Utility, then any kit should be eligible for a rework. Beast isn’t good — let’s give him Intelligence, which makes every other hit a Crit that procs True Strike. Why not?

If people want Cyclops to do stuff that the character can’t really do, that’s fine. But the reason why Cyclops is bad with Recoil masteries is because he actually bleeds and can be poisoned, not because his kit is old
    Cyclops
    Vanitelia said:

That's a bold statement when we already have like six sorcerers and a bunch of wizards in the game lmao.
    Cyclops
    Cyke is a one trick pony that isn’t even better at his trick than Strange. In terms of MCOC utility Strange is goated in comparison.
    Cyclops
    Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:
    Yeah I don't know how that other guy got to the conclusion that Cyclops' damage is already decent compared to Strange, they're both trash and Strange does have a bit more utility.
    Overall Cyclops needs the rework more, not only is he just as trash, Strange was already busted once, Cyclops has been a meme since release and he's Miike's favorite so bonus points there lol.
    Dr. Strange

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:
    Yeah I don't know how that other guy got to the conclusion that Cyclops' damage is already decent compared to Strange, they're both trash and Strange does have a bit more utility.
    Overall Cyclops needs the rework more, not only is he just as trash, Strange was already busted once, Cyclops has been a meme since release and he's Miike's favorite so bonus points there lol.
    “The other guy,” who has been playing the game since release, simply took the same kits into the same fights, where Strange’s DPS is simply horrible WITH A RELIC.

Trying to pretend Strange is better than he is…that is a choice

Cyclops
    ESF said:

EdisonLaw said:

ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

You don’t need a rework for that — that’s what a Synergy is supposed to do. If we just want to assign fake Utility, then any kit should be eligible for a rework. Beast isn’t good — let’s give him Intelligence, which makes every other hit a Crit that procs True Strike. Why not?

If people want Cyclops to do stuff that the character can’t really do, that’s fine. But the reason why Cyclops is bad with Recoil masteries is because he actually bleeds and can be poisoned, not because his kit is old
    There are a bunch of things they could add to his abilities to make him the true master tactician and hand to hand combatant that he is in the comics.

Nobody here is asking for unrealistic things like bleed immunity either, we're asking for more realistic things suchs as energy resistance.
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    Cyclops
    Vanitelia said:

Why don’t you go play sorcerer supreme, symbiote supreme, enchantress, and wong? Kinda logic is this
    Cyclops

Vanitelia said:

That's a bold statement when we already have like six sorcerers and a bunch of wizards in the game lmao.
    Agreed, and let’s look at Enchantress, each one of these gets more complex too. I don’t think we need another one of these atm.
    Cyclops
    ESF said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:
    “The other guy,” who has been playing the game since release, simply took the same kits into the same fights, where Strange’s DPS is simply horrible WITH A RELIC.

Cool, I've been playing since 2015, how exactly does that help my argument? Lmao

And Cyclops' is good? It's still pretty bad, that's what I'm trying to explain to you here both are absolutely terrible, saying one is worse than the other one IS being biased.
    Cyclops

ESF said:

EdisonLaw said:

ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

There are a bunch of things they could add to his abilities to make him the true master tactician and hand to hand combatant that he is in the comics.

Nobody here is asking for unrealistic things like bleed immunity either, we're asking for more realistic things suchs as energy resistance.
    Yeah my hopes are:
    - Energy resistance
    - Counter attack beam
    - He apparently has mastered martial arts and he has some of the best spatial awareness of any character. They could make him have true strike and the inability to miss
    - Tons of prowess
    - Tons of armor breaks and potentially rupture. His beams are so strong he can split a moon apparently
    - Immunity to reverse controls
    - The leadership ability can give him further utility
    Dr. Strange

ESF said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

Cool, I've been playing since 2015, how exactly does that help my argument? Lmao

And Cyclops' is good? It's still pretty bad, that's what I'm trying to explain to you here both are absolutely terrible, saying one is worse than the other one IS being biased.
    Answer me this, then: How is it biased if I literally have them both, at the same rank?

I get the reworked character, no matter who wins. Right?

I literally cannot lose this vote. I win, either way.

That’s how you should know that it isn’t biased — look at the Cyclops I have. It’s at 115. Which means I actually put Sig Stones in it.

DS is that bad, that I ignore all of my investment in Cyclops because the DS kit is in such a bad state
    Cyclops
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

Answer me this, then: How is it biased if I literally have them both, at the same rank?

I get the reworked character, no matter who wins. Right?

I literally cannot lose this vote. I win, either way.

That’s how you should know that it isn’t biased — look at the Cyclops I have. It’s at 115. Which means I actually put Sig Stones in it.

DS is that bad, that I ignore all of my investment in Cyclops because the DS kit is in such a bad state
    Yet you continue to claim Strange's kit is worse when he has twice as much utility as Cyclops.
    Cyclops
    Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

EdisonLaw said:

ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

Yeah my hopes are:
    - Energy resistance
    - Counter attack beam
    - He apparently has mastered martial arts and he has some of the best spatial awareness of any character. They could make him have true strike and the inability to miss
    - Tons of prowess
    - Tons of armor breaks and potentially rupture. His beams are so strong he can split a moon apparently
    - Immunity to reverse controls
    - The leadership ability can give him further utility
    Yeah I don't know where this idea of "just a random guy who can shoot lasers from his eyes came from". The guy spars with Wolverine constantly without breaking a sweat, has pulverized adamantium with his blasts (meaning he could potentially have a new type of dot in the game cause incinerate too weak for that), and his spatial awareness and senses are so crazy that he was even able to counter an attack from QS at full speed and put him down.

They could do SO MANY things to his kit to make him good, the reason most people here are under the impression that he's just this weak guy who shoots laser beams is because mcoc never did him justice, now's the chance for that.