Dr. Strange

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

EdisonLaw said:

ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Please, people! Don’t be scared off by all of this Cyclops propaganda!

Everyone who owns an awakened Cyclops (Blue Team) with a decent Sig level knows the truth: That kit is in far better shape than poor Doctor Strange.

I got nothing against anyone, including the former Kabam Miike. But come on. Just play the kits. It’s obvious just how much Doctor Strange really, really is in a bad place.

Cyclops would probably be pretty awesome with just a minor buff, some longer Armor Breaks leading to an extended Armor Shattered, because the base DPS is there.

Doctor Strange isn’t even close to that.

That kit desperately — desperately — needs a rework.

Just play it.

It’s the definition of what a Rework program should address.

Please, people. It’s dire.

Did you just imply Cyclops isn't that bad but Strange is terrible? You're crazy lmao definitely biased.
    I did a test with both of them in ROL with max suicides and class advantage (r1)

Strange:
    - Feels smooth to play. Haven't played this guy in years but his animations feel nice
    - Super sustainable with the life steal. Kept himself at decent health unlike cyclops
    - Damage was more consistent than cyclops who barely landed armor breaks in my many tests. Strange also didn’t land armor breaks that frequently but his damage was usually around the same level if not a tiny bit better
    - Finished cap marvel in 3:57
    - Has the sp1 ability which allows him to get up to 100% power back which I didn’t know existed but was cool
    - Still trash at the end of the day but felt smoother than cyclops

Cyclops:
    - Just had armor breaks. He barely procs them too and his damage was still trash
    - Nearly died cause he has nothing going on in his kit to help him like strange
    - Feels clunky af. Especially the last medium, it’s so stilted
    - No utility, no nothing. I love both and would love them both to be buffed but I think cyclops felt worse. He does have some synergies to make him a good damage dealer unlike strange but that’s it
    Completely agree and had something very similar typed up. You even tested to show that this dps argument outside of not being convincing isn’t really valid either, so 👍. Here’s what I had typed up:

Let’s not pretend like either one of them without synergy hits harder than a pillow wrapped in cotton candy.

If we are being truly objective one does have far superior utility in comparison to the other. Strange has passive power gain, access to maybe the most convent nullify on the game, healing and armor breaks. Cyclops has armor break that’s it. In a standard matchup where you need to manage armor ups Strange has two ways to deal with them and doesn’t require as much baiting of specials to do so.

Both need a buff, but this dps argument is weak, especially when it ignores utility
    What utility is Cyclops missing? He can’t fly. He has no immunities. He doesn’t have a healing factor. He doesn’t have super strength. What utility is he missing? Some fake Utility like on CapIW’s “Leadership?”

Cyclops’s base DPS is better than Strange’s with an Awakened relic that increases Special Damage. That is insane
    He could possibly have a similar thing to Cap's leadership where he or his #X-Men or #Hero teammates gain bonuses, and it doesn't even have to be a signature ability. Maybe add some kind of true accuracy on his beam attacks
    You don’t need a rework for that — that’s what a Synergy is supposed to do. If we just want to assign fake Utility, then any kit should be eligible for a rework. Beast isn’t good — let’s give him Intelligence, which makes every other hit a Crit that procs True Strike. Why not?

If people want Cyclops to do stuff that the character can’t really do, that’s fine. But the reason why Cyclops is bad with Recoil masteries is because he actually bleeds and can be poisoned, not because his kit is old
    There are a bunch of things they could add to his abilities to make him the true master tactician and hand to hand combatant that he is in the comics.

Nobody here is asking for unrealistic things like bleed immunity either, we're asking for more realistic things suchs as energy resistance.
    Yeah my hopes are:
    - Energy resistance
    - Counter attack beam
    - He apparently has mastered martial arts and he has some of the best spatial awareness of any character. They could make him have true strike and the inability to miss
    - Tons of prowess
    - Tons of armor breaks and potentially rupture. His beams are so strong he can split a moon apparently
    - Immunity to reverse controls
    - The leadership ability can give him further utility
    Yeah I don't know where this idea of "just a random guy who can shoot lasers from his eyes came from". The guy spars with Wolverine constantly without breaking a sweat, has pulverized adamantium with his blasts (meaning he could potentially have a new type of dot in the game cause incinerate too weak for that), and his spatial awareness and senses are so crazy that he was even able to counter an attack from QS at full speed and put him down.

They could do SO MANY things to his kit to make him good, the reason most people here are under the impression that he's just this weak guy who shoots laser beams is because mcoc never did him justice, now's the chance for that.
    Well his blasts are kinetic in nature, someone said earlier in this thread that he should have incinerate DPS but that's not true as his beams aren't heat. Rupture makes sense for a form of DOT
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Cyclops
    Final round is up:

Good luck everyone!
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    Dr. Strange

ESF said:

ESF said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Everyone who owns an awakened Cyclops (Blue Team) with a decent Sig level knows the truth: That kit is in far better shape than poor Doctor Strange.

I got nothing against anyone, including the former Kabam Miike. But come on. Just play the kits. It’s obvious just how much Doctor Strange really, really is in a bad place.

Cyclops would probably be pretty awesome with just a minor buff, some longer Armor Breaks leading to an extended Armor Shattered, because the base DPS is there.

Just play it.

Did you just imply Cyclops isn't that bad but Strange is terrible? You're crazy lmao definitely biased.
    I did a test with both of them in ROL with max suicides and class advantage (r1)

Strange:
    - Feels smooth to play. Haven't played this guy in years but his animations feel nice
    - Super sustainable with the life steal. Kept himself at decent health unlike cyclops
    - Damage was more consistent than cyclops who barely landed armor breaks in my many tests. Strange also didn’t land armor breaks that frequently but his damage was usually around the same level if not a tiny bit better
    - Has the sp1 ability which allows him to get up to 100% power back which I didn’t know existed but was cool

Cyclops:
    - Just had armor breaks. He barely procs them too and his damage was still trash
    - No utility, no nothing. I love both and would love them both to be buffed but I think cyclops felt worse. He does have some synergies to make him a good damage dealer unlike strange but that’s it
    Yeah I don't know how that other guy got to the conclusion that Cyclops' damage is already decent compared to Strange, they're both trash and Strange does have a bit more utility.
    Overall Cyclops needs the rework more, not only is he just as trash, Strange was already busted once, Cyclops has been a meme since release and he's Miike's favorite so bonus points there lol.
    “The other guy,” who has been playing the game since release, simply took the same kits into the same fights, where Strange’s DPS is simply horrible WITH A RELIC.

Trying to pretend Strange is better than he is…that is a choice

Cool, I've been playing since 2015, how exactly does that help my argument? Lmao

And Cyclops' is good? It's still pretty bad, that's what I'm trying to explain to you here both are absolutely terrible, saying one is worse than the other one IS being biased.
    Answer me this, then: How is it biased if I literally have them both, at the same rank?

I get the reworked character, no matter who wins. Right?

I literally cannot lose this vote. I win, either way.

That’s how you should know that it isn’t biased — look at the Cyclops I have. It’s at 115. Which means I actually put Sig Stones in it.

DS is that bad, that I ignore all of my investment in Cyclops because the DS kit is in such a bad state
    Yet you continue to claim Strange's kit is worse when he has twice as much utility as Cyclops.
    It is worse. His Blessings are Active Buffs — he can literally be nullified/neutralized/Fate Sealed by other Mystics. He loses whatever advantage his kit has on nodes as basic as Spite.

His Power Gain is passive, which was an advantage 7 years ago. You now have multiple characters who Power Steal/Burn in multiple classes.

Even worse: His Sig Ability maxed out STILL isn’t 100 percent guaranteed to Nullify Active Buffs — and this game has shifted many kits to Passive Buffs. Most of the tougher nodes in the game are passive, too.

At least with Cyclops, your damage typically doesn’t get worse. Strange’s kit can literally be made worse in any number of ways, through kits or nodes.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    Dr. Strange

Final round is up:

Good luck everyone!

Cyke is starting to take the lead.
    Cyclops
    ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:
    Yeah I don't know how that other guy got to the conclusion that Cyclops' damage is already decent compared to Strange, they're both trash and Strange does have a bit more utility.
    Overall Cyclops needs the rework more, not only is he just as trash, Strange was already busted once, Cyclops has been a meme since release and he's Miike's favorite so bonus points there lol.
    “The other guy,” who has been playing the game since release, simply took the same kits into the same fights, where Strange’s DPS is simply horrible WITH A RELIC.

Trying to pretend Strange is better than he is…that is a choice

Cool, I've been playing since 2015, how exactly does that help my argument? Lmao

And Cyclops' is good? It's still pretty bad, that's what I'm trying to explain to you here both are absolutely terrible, saying one is worse than the other one IS being biased.
    Answer me this, then: How is it biased if I literally have them both, at the same rank?

I get the reworked character, no matter who wins. Right?

I literally cannot lose this vote. I win, either way.

That’s how you should know that it isn’t biased — look at the Cyclops I have. It’s at 115. Which means I actually put Sig Stones in it.

DS is that bad, that I ignore all of my investment in Cyclops because the DS kit is in such a bad state
    Yet you continue to claim Strange's kit is worse when he has twice as much utility as Cyclops.
    It is worse. His Blessings are Active Buffs — he can literally be nullified/neutralized/Fate Sealed by other Mystics. He loses whatever advantage his kit has on nodes as basic as Spite.

His Power Gain is passive, which was an advantage 7 years ago. You now have multiple characters who Power Steal/Burn in multiple classes.

Even worse: His Sig Ability maxed out STILL isn’t 100 percent guaranteed to Nullify Active Buffs — and this game has shifted many kits to Passive Buffs. Most of the tougher nodes in the game are passive, too.

At least with Cyclops, your damage typically doesn’t get worse. Strange’s kit can literally be made worse in any number of ways, through kits or nodes.
    That doesn't change the fact that he has more than Cyclops. Forget nodes and anything else if you take both kits at face value, Strange's kit has more.
    Cyclops
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

EdisonLaw said:

ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:
    Completely agree and had something very similar typed up. You even tested to show that this dps argument outside of not being convincing isn’t really valid either, so 👍. Here’s what I had typed up:

Let’s not pretend like either one of them without synergy hits harder than a pillow wrapped in cotton candy.

If we are being truly objective one does have far superior utility in comparison to the other. Strange has passive power gain, access to maybe the most convent nullify on the game, healing and armor breaks. Cyclops has armor break that’s it. In a standard matchup where you need to manage armor ups Strange has two ways to deal with them and doesn’t require as much baiting of specials to do so.

Both need a buff, but this dps argument is weak, especially when it ignores utility
    What utility is Cyclops missing? He can’t fly. He has no immunities. He doesn’t have a healing factor. He doesn’t have super strength. What utility is he missing? Some fake Utility like on CapIW’s “Leadership?”

Cyclops’s base DPS is better than Strange’s with an Awakened relic that increases Special Damage. That is insane
    He could possibly have a similar thing to Cap's leadership where he or his #X-Men or #Hero teammates gain bonuses, and it doesn't even have to be a signature ability. Maybe add some kind of true accuracy on his beam attacks
    You don’t need a rework for that — that’s what a Synergy is supposed to do. If we just want to assign fake Utility, then any kit should be eligible for a rework. Beast isn’t good — let’s give him Intelligence, which makes every other hit a Crit that procs True Strike. Why not?

If people want Cyclops to do stuff that the character can’t really do, that’s fine. But the reason why Cyclops is bad with Recoil masteries is because he actually bleeds and can be poisoned, not because his kit is old
    There are a bunch of things they could add to his abilities to make him the true master tactician and hand to hand combatant that he is in the comics.

Nobody here is asking for unrealistic things like bleed immunity either, we're asking for more realistic things suchs as energy resistance.
    Yeah my hopes are:
    - Energy resistance
    - Counter attack beam
    - He apparently has mastered martial arts and he has some of the best spatial awareness of any character. They could make him have true strike and the inability to miss
    - Tons of prowess
    - Tons of armor breaks and potentially rupture. His beams are so strong he can split a moon apparently
    Yeah I don't know where this idea of "just a random guy who can shoot lasers from his eyes came from". The guy spars with Wolverine constantly without breaking a sweat, has pulverized adamantium with his blasts (meaning he could potentially have a new type of dot in the game cause incinerate too weak for that), and his spatial awareness and senses are so crazy that he was even able to counter an attack from QS at full speed and put him down.

They could do SO MANY things to his kit to make him good, the reason most people here are under the impression that he's just this weak guy who shoots laser beams is because mcoc never did him justice, now's the chance for that.
    Well his blasts are kinetic in nature, someone said earlier in this thread that he should have incinerate DPS but that's not true as his beams aren't heat. Rupture makes sense for a form of DOT
    He should have a completely new dot imo, at least if dot is the road they wanna take with him. Personally I don't think dot would be the best one for him, I want him to keep the crit rating and armor break part of his kit but I want both to be passive and I want both to trigger in different ways not special attacks. Then of course add a bunch of other things like counter evade and unblockable specials (completely new animations) to make him a good dual threat. They could do so many things, I just want him to be the first mutant with massive prowess who if played right can crit consistently.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    Cyclops

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

EdisonLaw said:

ESF said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

ESF said:

Just play it.

Strange:

Cyclops:

Yeah my hopes are:
    - Energy resistance
    - Counter attack beam
    - Tons of prowess

He should have a completely new dot imo, at least if dot is the road they wanna take with him. Personally I don't think dot would be the best one for him, I want him to keep the crit rating and armor break part of his kit but I want both to be passive and I want both to trigger in different ways not special attacks. Then of course add a bunch of other things like counter evade and unblockable specials (completely new animations) to make him a good dual threat. They could do so many things, I just want him to be the first mutant with massive prowess who if played right can crit consistently.
    Plasma DoT would make the most sense IMO
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,873 ★★★★★
    Cap
    cyclops is worse than strange. Actually strange's nullify is very very strong. Yes nowadays alot of champ have nullify ability. But when I started playing in 2019, when both cyke and strange were still trash tier, strange's nullify was too strong. He nullfies 85% of the time as soon as the buff triggers. I believe he is the only champ who can nullify multiple buffs consistently without even doing nothing. Counterspell is really a very underrated ability.

Again what cyke have? Armor breaks on specials. LMAO GROUNDBREAKINGG!!

Make the right choice, Vote for cyclops! Vote for a fellow leader.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Member Posts: 413 ★★
    Iron Fist
    No love for iron fist. Should be cyclops or iron fist. Both have 2 versions and they are both useless.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    Dr. Strange
    EdisonLaw said:

Vanitelia said:

If anyone wants a re-worked version of Cyclops, play The Destroyer. We know what the possibilities are for DS so why limit the design team with another one trick pony that shoots a beam from his face?

The Destroyer and Cyclops aren't similar at all besides their laser beams. Destroyer has utility such as destroying buffs, dual immunities, armor break and slow immunity, unblockable, energize and has a power gain. He has good damage but needs a ramp up, and on top of that he's a good defender. Cyclops has none of that.

A Doctor Strange rework can have more possibilities but the point is that Destroyer and Cyclops aren't the same
    I know this. It was sarcasm since we're stumping for who we want to win. Visually, they do the same things...if Cyclops was twice as tall and had a suit of armor. The Destroyer is a mystical armor, let's just say it's Cyclops inside and call this poll over.
    Cyclops

cyclops is worse than strange. Actually strange's nullify is very very strong. Yes nowadays alot of champ have nullify ability. But when I started playing in 2019, when both cyke and strange were still trash tier, strange's nullify was too strong. He nullfies 85% of the time as soon as the buff triggers. I believe he is the only champ who can nullify multiple buffs consistently without even doing nothing. Counterspell is really a very underrated ability.

He’s basically mutant OG Ironman pre-buff with a worse sig and worse damage resistance
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,873 ★★★★★
    Cap
    BigBlueOx said:

He’s basically mutant OG Ironman pre-buff with a worse sig and worse damage resistance
    There was this easter egg bout him many people don't know. Cyke and havok don't take damage from each other's specials. And cyke don't take damage from plasma detonations as well.

And back in the day havok was a big headache in defense. Barely any techs had armor up buffs ( when havok was released, the best tech champ with armor buff was dock ock so yk how bad it is) and even less champs had reliable power drain. Especially the 6.3 havok who had crumbling armor node to cripple most options. So I actually used cyke as a backup when I first done the quest. I can't get to use him tho as my colossus soloed him.

So if he countered havok, a deadly defender for a brief period, He definitely had some uses as well. If cyke gets a buff, I hope they won't change this interaction.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,334 ★★★★★
    Cyclops
    It was actually 50/50 last I checked. Hope Cyclops pulls out the W
    Dr. Strange
    Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

just don't want another 49/51

( also if this ends in a tie they should buff them both )
    Yes to make everyone happy and satisfied, they should do both
    edited August 16
    Dr. Strange
    Also on the previous poll, Strange had the slight edge

Cyclops
    Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

I think whoever gets second place WILL get buffed no matter what, the thing is it will be just that a buff and nothing else. Meanwhile whoever gets #1 will get full rework (that includes both kit and animations).
    Cyclops

Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

I think whoever gets second place WILL get buffed no matter what, the thing is it will be just that a buff and nothing else. Meanwhile whoever gets #1 will get full rework (that includes both kit and animations).
    Cyclops animations right now are so clunky, he needs new ones so bad
    Dr. Strange

Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

Yeah maybe if Cyclops wins he will get the full rework and Doctor Strange gets like tune ups to his base kit so that he's more similar to his old counterpart.
    edited August 16
    Dr. Strange
    Emilia90 said:

Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

Especially that second medium kick, it's so unlike Cyclops and it feels really weird. He should have some non-contact basics as well especially with the lasers
    Cyclops
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

Especially that second medium kick, it's so unlike Cyclops and it feels really weird. He should have some non-contact basics as well especially with the lasers
    Yeah the second medium feels awful. That’s also a part of why I think cyclops needs the W more, if they do end up buffing second place too (no reworked animations) I’d rather Strange get the kit upgrade and Cyclops get both. Don’t get me wrong, Strange has cool animation potential, but he feels smooth as is. Cyclops just doesn’t lol

Ideally they both get full reworks tho. If that happens, massive W for the entire community
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    I didn't vote because I chose Cyclops first, then Strange. I'll see how I feel later.
    Cyclops

BigBlueOx said:

There was this easter egg bout him many people don't know. Cyke and havok don't take damage from each other's specials. And cyke don't take damage from plasma detonations as well.

And back in the day havok was a big headache in defense. Barely any techs had armor up buffs ( when havok was released, the best tech champ with armor buff was dock ock so yk how bad it is) and even less champs had reliable power drain. Especially the 6.3 havok who had crumbling armor node to cripple most options. So I actually used cyke as a backup when I first done the quest. I can't get to use him tho as my colossus soloed him.

So if he countered havok, a deadly defender for a brief period, He definitely had some uses as well. If cyke gets a buff, I hope they won't change this interaction.
    Yeah that’s one of the best Easter eggs in the game, it’s also why I was thinking give him plasma damage since that’s essentially similar.
    Cyclops
    You know… if Blue Cyke gets a buff, Red might too… that’s a 2 for one deal
    Dr. Strange
    BigBlueOx said:

Did they mention both are getting reworked if he wins?
    Cyclops
    Emilia90 said:

Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

He does, he really needs the rework more than Strange in virtually every aspect. Mutant class desperately needs love, Cyclops has less utility, animations are worse just everything in general.
    Cyclops
    EdisonLaw said:

Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

Yeah maybe if Cyclops wins he will get the full rework and Doctor Strange gets like tune ups to his base kit so that he's more similar to his old counterpart.
    This is another thing, I don't want Strange to get a full rework, they just need to revert some stuff and give him more damage. Not full pre 12.0 of course but he needs less work than Cyclops does, he needs the rework a lot more.
    Cyclops

Emilia90 said:

Wolf911 said:

Emilia90 said:

He does, he really needs the rework more than Strange in virtually every aspect. Mutant class desperately needs love, Cyclops has less utility, animations are worse just everything in general.
    I’ve been watching a lot of X97 clips recently and he’s so cool in it, need them to do my boy justice. Mutant class would go so hard with an updated Cyclops
    Cyclops
    EdisonLaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Did they mention both are getting reworked if he wins?
    No but we haven’t had a situation like it since Mags and Wags