Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

@jcphillips7 I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit concerned about Nefaria's damage but he does look extremely fun with that counter evade mechanic so we'll see lol he might be the champ I end up whaling out for purely for the gameplay.

He looked like he had some big numbers in the preview (like 40k mediums and 66k per hit on sp2) but I’m wondering how practical it’ll be
    It looks pretty fast to me, they did say he’ll do well in short and longer fights
    Problem is they showcased big HPs so it's hard to tell, also the special punish with counter evade won't work on every defender so we'll have to see how good the damage is when he can't punish special with counter evade.
    I thought he could work for Serp decently and then remembered that he counters evade. What a fun champ, I love serpent

I love how when I’m like “oh what if this works” he just has some other thing that’s like nah this won’t work
    Lmao yeah your brain goes "shiiii this champ might, oh wait nvm ability 9/30"
    I’m so tired of Serpent’s ass especially with these metas buffing him up. I danced around forever when fighting serpent in VT earlier until the node kicked in and took him to an sp3. Happened 3 times in a row too so much fun
    I’ve joined the just ban him crowd. He still deserves a nerf that allows him to remain challenging but makes him fairer, but until then I’ll use my 6*R5a as a questing option only.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

@jcphillips7 I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit concerned about Nefaria's damage but he does look extremely fun with that counter evade mechanic so we'll see lol he might be the champ I end up whaling out for purely for the gameplay.

He looked like he had some big numbers in the preview (like 40k mediums and 66k per hit on sp2) but I’m wondering how practical it’ll be
    It looks pretty fast to me, they did say he’ll do well in short and longer fights
    Problem is they showcased big HPs so it's hard to tell, also the special punish with counter evade won't work on every defender so we'll have to see how good the damage is when he can't punish special with counter evade.
    I thought he could work for Serp decently and then remembered that he counters evade. What a fun champ, I love serpent

I love how when I’m like “oh what if this works” he just has some other thing that’s like nah this won’t work
    I’m so tired of Serpent’s ass especially with these metas buffing him up. I danced around forever when fighting serpent in VT earlier until the node kicked in and took him to an sp3. Happened 3 times in a row too so much fun
    Just ban him, that's what I've been doing. He's still in my deck but I still ban him unless my opponent doesn't have him cause I know they will ban him in that case lol ban is the best Serpent counter in the game.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Just ban him, that's what I've been doing. He's still in my deck but I still ban him unless my opponent doesn't have him cause I know they will ban him in that case lol ban is the best Serpent counter in the game.
    Oh I’ve been leaving him unbanned for testing my new r2 Wiccan. I actually finally got a match against a serpent with him but I fumbled because I’m not too familiar with Wiccan. If you use the sp3 rotation he actually melts serpent nicely. My r2 punching up to a r3 sig 40 actually took him in 78 seconds despite me fumbling and the power gain from the node. Faster than my Chavez and Kushala so I’m happy that I have another good option. Gonna try and get sub 70 with him against a r3
  • TadzioTosterTadzioToster Member Posts: 70
    I feel like Mike and Jax is back to work… big problem , 13 Pages of topic, many people angry but… No one give a single f to answer us😂
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 ★★★★

not gonna lie, i like it when kabam doesn't listen to us and just stick to their goals. they're not always right but most of the time they are and if history is any indication, the outrage is temporary and the game moves on.

it's been said that kabam intends on stretching this game out another 10 years and judging by how cautious they're being with some things like rank up materials and last year's banquet, you can tell that they're serious.

i hate fighting serp and bullseye (that's right, i'm a scrub!) in BGs and serpent is currently a terrible design but we have no idea what's in the works at kabam with character, kit, and class development. maybe we should give it a chance before busting out our phony baloney threats.

Maybe if DLL hadn't said that there will be no such thing as hard counters that completely shut off defenders, people wouldn't be as worried as they are.

Also no idea why you want Kabam to ignore everything the playerbase says, you're literally the one playing the game just like the rest of us. You're encouraging something that's unhealthy for the most part and has been killing a lot of the fun for most of us lately for absolutely no reason really.
    the thing is...we're totally clueless about what's going on at kabam.

all we see is a problem (a legitimate one in our eyes) and demand immediate solutions. that's not how the game works. it could take 1-2 years for them to slowly revitalize how classes, kits, and mechanics work. and it could be better for the game and for us overall.

we don't know....BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW.
    So you're suggesting people should just deal with a broken defender for years when Kabam could simply just flip a few switches and use the rebalancing program like it was meant to be used? Or maybe the rebalancing program is only there to prevent another Herc on attack since less revs means less people spending money, while a Herc on defense is good for them since it means more people will be spending resources to beat him wherever he goes with busted nodes like the one from the previous GC meta.
    he's broken right now....but maybe that's entirely the point. serp is creating design space for creating brand new abilities. is that bad?
    But that's the problem, Serpent is so broken that someone who counters him counters the entire cosmic even more.
    what if they do it in creative ways?

all i know is if they start running out of ways to make champs, the game dies.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

not gonna lie, i like it when kabam doesn't listen to us and just stick to their goals. they're not always right but most of the time they are and if history is any indication, the outrage is temporary and the game moves on.

it's been said that kabam intends on stretching this game out another 10 years and judging by how cautious they're being with some things like rank up materials and last year's banquet, you can tell that they're serious.

i hate fighting serp and bullseye (that's right, i'm a scrub!) in BGs and serpent is currently a terrible design but we have no idea what's in the works at kabam with character, kit, and class development. maybe we should give it a chance before busting out our phony baloney threats.

Maybe if DLL hadn't said that there will be no such thing as hard counters that completely shut off defenders, people wouldn't be as worried as they are.

Also no idea why you want Kabam to ignore everything the playerbase says, you're literally the one playing the game just like the rest of us. You're encouraging something that's unhealthy for the most part and has been killing a lot of the fun for most of us lately for absolutely no reason really.

all we see is a problem (a legitimate one in our eyes) and demand immediate solutions. that's not how the game works. it could take 1-2 years for them to slowly revitalize how classes, kits, and mechanics work. and it could be better for the game and for us overall.

So you're suggesting people should just deal with a broken defender for years when Kabam could simply just flip a few switches and use the rebalancing program like it was meant to be used? Or maybe the rebalancing program is only there to prevent another Herc on attack since less revs means less people spending money, while a Herc on defense is good for them since it means more people will be spending resources to beat him wherever he goes with busted nodes like the one from the previous GC meta.
    he's broken right now....but maybe that's entirely the point. serp is creating design space for creating brand new abilities. is that bad?
    But that's the problem, Serpent is so broken that someone who counters him counters the entire cosmic even more.
    Sigh. It’s the same argument I just addressed.

2: “He’s allowing more avenues for Kabam to introduce new mechanics and abilities.” That’s fair, but why does serpent have to be overtuned to accomplish? Would he not do the same if he was balanced? They don’t have to restrict almost every mystic ability to make room for a new one like atrophy. They can allow all or most of them to work, but then allow atrophy to be his “weakness” and not simply the only thing that works. You’re still incentivized to use the new mechanic, but you’re not rejected for using an old one
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 ★★★★

Sigh. It’s the same argument I just addressed.

2: “He’s allowing more avenues for Kabam to introduce new mechanics and abilities.” That’s fair, but why does serpent have to be overtuned to accomplish? Would he not do the same if he was balanced? They don’t have to restrict almost every mystic ability to make room for a new one like atrophy. They can allow all or most of them to work, but then allow atrophy to be his “weakness” and not simply the only thing that works. You’re still incentivized to use the new mechanic, but you’re not rejected for using an old one
    i mean, fair...but what if they know things we don't?
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Oh I’ve been leaving him unbanned for testing my new r2 Wiccan. I actually finally got a match against a serpent with him but I fumbled because I’m not too familiar with Wiccan. If you use the sp3 rotation he actually melts serpent nicely. My r2 punching up to a r3 sig 40 actually took him in 78 seconds despite me fumbling and the power gain from the node. Faster than my Chavez and Kushala so I’m happy that I have another good option. Gonna try and get sub 70 with him against a r3
    I've heard Wiccan works but if the death immunity buff triggers you're cooked 9 times out of 10.
    EdisonLaw said:

Wow, 13 pages, good job guys. We may have finally gotten Kabam's attention, or are close to it. Hopefully they read this thread and reconsider their decision

We must persevere! We shall be noticed! (Hopefully lol😭)
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Wow, 13 pages, good job guys. We may have finally gotten Kabam's attention, or are close to it. Hopefully they read this thread and reconsider their decision

I am these people are not someone who go back on their word, but we must try. Nerfing him is better for the game health than releasing overpowered mystics to counter him which will negatively affect the whole cosmic class.
    We certainly don't want another Nimrod, as cool as that would be, I agree it would be unhealthy.
    edited August 31

EdisonLaw said:

I am these people are not someone who go back on their word, but we must try. Nerfing him is better for the game health than releasing overpowered mystics to counter him which will negatively affect the whole cosmic class.
    Yes I don’t expect that much if anything, but I will at least go down fighting lol. I very strongly believe in my arguments will at least go down fighting lmao.

He’s bad for the game in his current state, plain and simple. The evidence from competitive battlegrounds supports this, as well as the overwhelming majority response from celestial players who say he’s overtuned.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    edited August 31

Things we need from a serpent counter:
    1. No burst damage all dot (degen preferably)
    2. lots of specials and power steal or reduce his ability power rate significantly
    3. A way to reduce the buff duration or higher potency neutralise

We still have 2 more mystics coming this year and one will be spiral, lets hope one of them is 5/5 attacker and a Serpent counter

Who could be the other mystic? Agatha? Clea? Karnilla?
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,035 ★★★

Shathra won't be a Serpent counter, wow kabam.

I'm not surprised lol I've been saying it for days now, not going to happen according to DLL himself.
    You guys need to decide if you're mad about a new champ being a counter to a hard champ or a new champ not being a counter to a hard champ
    Where did I say I want either of those lmao I don't want hard counters cause that's not healthy on the long run, I want a nerf like everyone else on this thread.
    Not like everyone constantly complains about how releasing a counter to a hard champion is just trying to make money
    NONYABIZZ said:

Also leader did not get as much uproar from the community from his UNCLEANSABLE and UNPURIFIABLE debuffs because he is in general a weak champion (THANK GOD). If he was another 5/5 defender, I bet y'all would start calling kabam out for the class wheel bypassing bullshyt

Because leader is still best countered by skill champions
    ESF said:

NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Serpent shouldn't be countering the mystic class. Class relationships and masteries should not be messed with.
    His kit is so rigged that everyone has forgotten his special attacks being undexable from the start 😂

So do you want them to change Magneto too?
    Magneto was and should be the only exception given the nature of his powers. Serpent has ABSOLUTELY no reasonable explanation of him being able bypass the ENTIRE MYSTIC CLASS.
    This all started with mystic defenders slowly becoming nullify immune, then it went on to fateseal then stagger we let it slide because alot of people on here were defending kabam and explaining how cosmic defenders need It or else any mystic would be able to take them out easily. It wasn't that big of a deal because tigra started gaining popularity for her neutralize which was our escape from big cosmic mystic countering threats. We let it slide but now SERPENT is able to BYPASS EVERY MYSTIC ABILITY and kabam has now introduced a science champion who has UNCLEANSABLE debuffs, this could only be the beginning of more skill countering science champions. If the community does not start stating their disapproval on these things, it will only continue just like the photon undexable specials which we let slide because she was a well rounded champion and 2023 champions were mostly HITS and now we have serpent.
    Photon started the willpower mastery tampering, now we had onslaught as if his special attacks weren't hard enough to dex and the UNAVOIDABLE neuroshock damage you took by making one mistake weren't enough, he also punishes you for PARRYING(which is a mastery itself and a skill we all learnt) which now shuts of willpower as well in the process).
    We then had bullseye who also punished you for DEXING with the instant bleeds(thank GOD it got removed), then dust who shuts off WILLPOWER AS WELL and now serpent. This has got to stop please...
    Yep. All of this is just the truth.

I have noticed the increased tampering with Masteries. No one wants to be “That Guy” and constantly run to the Forums whining, but look where that has gotten us:

Unblockable Specials that can’t be Dexed, with a kit that takes the good of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class being increasingly resistant to Power Drain/Lock/Burn) while ignoring the weaknesses of the Class Wheel (Cosmic class typically having various degrees of vulnerability to Stagger/Nullify/Neutralize/Fate Seal)

This is not a good path to be on. It really isn’t
    Power drain, lock and burn are tech abilities which cosmic should be radiant m resistant to, and besides serpent there are no cosmic champions that aren't best countered by mystic champions even if they're immune to one of their abilities.

Does sandman being bleed immune break the class relationship wheel against skill champs?

Shathra won't be a Serpent counter, wow kabam.

I'm not surprised lol I've been saying it for days now, not going to happen according to DLL himself.
    You guys need to decide if you're mad about a new champ being a counter to a hard champ or a new champ not being a counter to a hard champ
    Where did I say I want either of those lmao I don't want hard counters cause that's not healthy on the long run, I want a nerf like everyone else on this thread.
    Not like everyone constantly complains about how releasing a counter to a hard champion is just trying to make money
    Have you seen me personally complain about that? Cause otherwise what exactly are we doing here lmao that has nothing to do with me, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 428 ★★★
    Someone said we can get 7* nefaria. WHERE??? and for how much? I'm not interested in him tho just wanted to know incase the same happens for another champion I'm interested in, in the future
  • Mirac1eMirac1e Member Posts: 48
    EdisonLaw said:

Mirac1e said:

PT_99 said:

ahmynuts said:

I've literally never turned off a Vega video before his serpent one. As soon as he said there was misinformation being spread with the implication that he was referring to Lagacy. I was gone. He lost me

Or maybe KT1 video as well
    Both of these legends went nuts for all the right reasons
    I have so much respect for Lagacy, the youngest CCP member besides MSD yet always acts so mature when it comes to the playerbase rather than slandering them, his contents have always been very much pro player
    It’s part of the reason I like his content so much, he’s just a chill dude
    He is still a kid at heart <3 and he is just like the average normal joe(barring the skill level) ..he laughs rages slanders kabam,
    <blockquote class="UserQuote">
    Emilia90 said:

I love when I’m playing how I’m supposed to with Tigra and pushing serpent to his special 2 to try and bait it and he just doesn’t throw it for 20 seconds and then instantly throws his sp3 when he goes red. This champ is so fun. Kabam’s AI is so good, what a master class

Sometimes it feels like he throws that sp3 even before reaching 3 bars..lol