Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

I watched Vega's vid on this.. and he is kinda right...

About what? He was right about some things such as Kabam doing this on purpose so they can milk pre-release bundles but others such as him showing how good the "counters" are nah, he's 100% wrong about that. All the "counters" in the game currently suck because dread ruins any type of damage that isn't dot.
    About needing this type of defenders to actually challenge players.
    When players ask for a challenge they want something to test their skills. What skill is serpent testing? The skill of good draft rng?
    BigBlueOx said:

About what? He was right about some things such as Kabam doing this on purpose so they can milk pre-release bundles but others such as him showing how good the "counters" are nah, he's 100% wrong about that. All the "counters" in the game currently suck because dread ruins any type of damage that isn't dot.
    What’s the challenge, a luck competition?
    You got 2 choices, load the deck with counters or ban him...
    I’m tired of repeating the same arguments over and over so there’s answers to why those arguments are bad in previous pages.

But again, this didn’t answer my question. What skill is serpent testing? Neither praying for a counter in the draft or pressing the ban button is a skill being tested.
    See that's the problem, people see the word challenge and immediately get triggered questioning skill...
    Having a broad ranked roster is a challenge in this game as well.
    80 sec fight as someone said? Well . Have to strategize your own defender as well.
    And how is that a good challenge? We all jump to mentioning skill because it is objectively the best attribute to be challenged. Skill based gamemodes reward practice and proficiency. Drafting a counter rewards me being lucky in pulling that counter out of a crystal and then in the draft.

As far as strategy goes, serpent removes more strategy than he adds. If I draft bullseye and my opponent drafts Onslaught, suddenly I have to rethink my decision to place him on defense as onslaught can take him in 45s with 95% health. If I draft serpent and they draft Chavez, it’s like eh whatever he’s still gonna take 70s. Serpent is a braindead win 90% of the time. Really not sure how that adds strategy.
    Knowing when to throw a round is part of strategy too 🤷
    We already have that, we don’t need serpent for that. Why would you want more situations in bgs where someone is backed into a corner with no chance of winning a round because rng gave them the middle finger.
  • KoukentsuKoukentsu Member Posts: 11

When players ask for a challenge they want something to test their skills. What skill is serpent testing? The skill of good draft rng?
    BigBlueOx said:

I’m tired of repeating the same arguments over and over so there’s answers to why those arguments are bad in previous pages.

But again, this didn’t answer my question. What skill is serpent testing? Neither praying for a counter in the draft or pressing the ban button is a skill being tested.
    See that's the problem, people see the word challenge and immediately get triggered questioning skill...
    80 sec fight as someone said? Well . Have to strategize your own defender as well.
    No defender in the game can stall for that long if your opponent drafts a counter, none. Even the most challenging defenders in the game as well as the tanky ones go down in sub 50 with the right counters, there isn't (as of now) a single counter in the game that can do Serpent in sub 50 except for the occasional Tigra takedown which not only requires perfect gameplay but good neutralize RNG before the last phase.
    If you can't see the difference there I really don't know what else to tell you.
    You don't have to tell me anything really, the difference is that I am not trying to convince you of my opinion. I have my point of view, which is completely valid, I just don't agree with you and its fine by me, its not fine by you and that is your problem not mine
    Which isn't surprising, every single person who commented on this thread cause they're vehemently defending Kabam/Vega/Andrew eventually ran out of arguments and left the conversation quietly losing every ounce of credibility they may have had.
    Doesn't matter if we changed your mind or not, facts are facts.
    I truly don't understand why people are defending kabam on serpent when they can easily watch videos or play against him to see how broken he is on defense.It makes no sense.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,279 ★★★★★
    Is this fact enough?

Is this fact enough?

Saw it go around a discord i'm in

edited September 4

Is this fact enough?

Do that in gc and I’ll count him in as a counter
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Is this fact enough?

Go read the VT Meta real quick yeah? Tell us what you find.

Is this fact enough?

Its not mine, oh so now it has to be in GC...
    How about on a friday at 12:45 PM with a 72°F weather?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★

Is this fact enough?

No. That’s been addressed already, how’s this working out on your end?
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 ★★★★

maybe if we complain some more it will convince the data scientists and professionals at kabam that we know more about game design than they do.

SNAKE MAN BAD!

Weren't you crying that people weren't being nice to you three hours ago?
    no
    BigBlueOx said:

Is this fact enough?

Rofl i have my own opinion, you guys are so triggered by it.. tell me how its working on yours

Is this fact enough?

If you think torch having 80/160% extra attack is a fair test I don’t know what to tell you
    Its part of the game, you come up with different counters.
    Now fine let's say I agree with you guys. You guys better not have a serpent ranked at all cause that would be so hypocritical....
  • KoukentsuKoukentsu Member Posts: 11

Is this fact enough?

Is this from the current meta?If it is then it shows that needing a meta that gives you an 80% damage increase to take down a defender as strong as the serpent is an issue and it shows how busted he is on defense.
    BigBlueOx said:

Is this fact enough?

If you think torch having 80/160% extra attack is a fair test I don’t know what to tell you
    Dudes trolling, it ain’t worth it.
    Yea atp it’s pretty obvious rage bait lol.
    Koukentsu said:

Is this fact enough?

Is this from the current meta?If it is then it shows that needing a meta that gives you an 80% damage increase to take down a defender as strong as the serpent is an issue and it shows how busted he is on defense.
    Nah I'm pretty sure he just picked HT after he watched the cameo on Deadpool & Wolverine
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Is this fact enough?

Rofl i have my own opinion, you guys are so triggered by it.. tell me how its working on yours
    Calling people triggered doesn’t actually mean anything, especially coming from somebody who’s actively prodding and isn’t adding anything new of value. You are definitely entitled to that opinion, enjoy it. There like 20 pages of comments that you didn’t seem to read, so I’m sure the answers you’re looking to refute by cherry picking are there.
    I just gave a personal opinion without quoting anyone and people got their underwear in a nautical knot and I'm the one trolling?
    How about people grow up and accept other people's opinion?
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Is this fact enough?

Pretty sure every contrarian, white knight and troll has tried to get this closed down with lame attempts like this now.

Some who disagreed had honest points of view at least but clearly not all.
    You are right, let's talk about misleading crystal reel conspiracy theories instead 🤡
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Is this fact enough?

Pretty sure every contrarian, white knight and troll has tried to get this closed down with lame attempts like this now.

Some who disagreed had honest points of view at least but clearly not all.
    There’s plenty who I believe are just genuinely misinformed, so I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But for every misinformed player is another who’s trolling and 3 others who just don’t want their high ranked serpent touched. Hard to just have a genuine logic based discussion about this ☹️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,486 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

And how is that a good challenge? We all jump to mentioning skill because it is objectively the best attribute to be challenged. Skill based gamemodes reward practice and proficiency. Drafting a counter rewards me being lucky in pulling that counter out of a crystal and then in the draft.

As far as strategy goes, serpent removes more strategy than he adds. If I draft bullseye and my opponent drafts Onslaught, suddenly I have to rethink my decision to place him on defense as onslaught can take him in 45s with 95% health. If I draft serpent and they draft Chavez, it’s like eh whatever he’s still gonna take 70s. Serpent is a braindead win 90% of the time. Really not sure how that adds strategy.
    "Oh well I guess I'll just die" is not healthy for the game though.
    Neither is expecting to never be challenged by dying at some point.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Bullseye, Photon, Onslaught, Kindred, Enchantress and Dust all do just that without being absolutely overpowered. If you played this game competitively and not like every other casual bot that's against a Serpent nerf you would know this.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    So I fought him again this time RNG wasn't in my favor still won

• DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337

BigBlueOx said:

Bullseye, Photon, Onslaught, Kindred, Enchantress and Dust all do just that without being absolutely overpowered. If you played this game competitively and not like every other casual bot that's against a Serpent nerf you would know this.

What's really funny is I don't even have Serpent and herc seems to do the work on taking him down lol
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    Dorky said:

BigBlueOx said:

What's really funny is I don't even have Serpent and herc seems to do the work on taking him down lol
    Please don’t tell me you’re using immortality to take him down all the time lol
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337
    edited September 5
    EdisonLaw said:

Dorky said:

BigBlueOx said:

Please don’t tell me you’re using immortality to take him down all the time lol

I'm just gonna say that I only fought him like 5 times I think but no immortality, unless I'm wrong. But I basically just blocked his specials and go ham on him tbh. Haven't seen him in a bg deck yet. I do think I fought him in war. That was fun just ramping up herc with intercept as much as possible to get more damage