**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

the modok lab is not worth it

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If you go into that quest with bleed and poison immune champs then that’s just poor preparation. You have 5 spots to add all the utility you need. I think I’ve rerolled twice on expert. Not because I get easy nodes all time but because bleed, poison, degen, mesmerize, and anything else that people think is bs are very easy to play around. I bring an ultron because bleed, poison, and degen are all solved since he has immunities and regen. I bring a champ to shut down thorns and mesmerize, I bring a champ to reverse healing, I bring a power control champ. Ive used the same team on almost every expert quest unless they are still locked in aw but then I bring my B team with all these utilities still in the lineup just not the preferred champs to bring. I spend maybe 6 minutes to clear expert and then I autofight the other 3 difficulties while doing something else. It’s not much of my time to do this twice a day.

The only combination I have rerolled is start with 2 bars of power and all or nothing. I can’t get to magiks sp2 quick enough so why not reroll. The rewards are more than worth it to me because of t2 alpha shards. Any vet should do this quest for those
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    If you go into that quest with bleed and poison immune champs then that’s just poor preparation. You have 5 spots to add all the utility you need. I think I’ve rerolled twice on expert. Not because I get easy nodes all time but because bleed, poison, degen, mesmerize, and anything else that people think is bs are very easy to play around. I bring an ultron because bleed, poison, and degen are all solved since he has immunities and regen. I bring a champ to shut down thorns and mesmerize, I bring a champ to reverse healing, I bring a power control champ. Ive used the same team on almost every expert quest unless they are still locked in aw but then I bring my B team with all these utilities still in the lineup just not the preferred champs to bring. I spend maybe 6 minutes to clear expert and then I autofight the other 3 difficulties while doing something else. It’s not much of my time to do this twice a day.

The only combination I have rerolled is start with 2 bars of power and all or nothing. I can’t get to magiks sp2 quick enough so why not reroll. The rewards are more than worth it to me because of t2 alpha shards. Any vet should do this quest for those

Also, people see degen and panic. A lot of the degen nodes do little damage, or actually help you. Some of them are like 0.6% per second leaving you with a couple minutes to do the fight, or bring a regen champ and it’s no issue. Flare helps you to no end, makes the fight take 4x as quick, as long as you bring a high damage champ which means the 300% (I think) increase is amplified and you can finish the fight in 20 seconds.

Life transfer is easy as shown with the grandmaster challenge. Even 1.6% degen is feasible with a regen champ. Thorns can be countered with regen or DOT champs minimising hits dealt. Every node has a counter. Like you said, bring a 5 champ team that counters them.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,680 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    One estimate said that it would take a year to get enough resources to rank up one 6 star champion. A YEAR!!! That is a design failure. Who wants to spend an entire year leveling up one champion? Even worse, the 6 stars will make our 4 stars obsolete eventually, so all the time we have spent leveling those up will be thrown out the window.

That's actually exactly the way it ought to be. All progression games have to manage moving targets: the players today advance, while newer players start from scratch. Every player perceives progressing in the game, but the playerbase as a whole doesn't progress nearly as quickly. You have very fast players reaching the end of the game, a lot of moderate players in the middle, and a constant influx of new players, and you have to balance all of their interests simultaneously with the same game.

As a result, a good design will always introduce the strongest player collectibles at extremely high cost initially. This acts to slow down the relative advancement of the top players relative to the median player and gives them something to do. For them, its not going to take a year or years to advance these things, but it will take them a lot of energy to do so. Meanwhile, over time those very same things will slowly get cheaper and easier to get. So the exact same 6* champion that extracts a ton of effort for the top players to upgrade will take less effort for the next 10% of players to upgrade behind them (because resources will become more readily available) and then eventually after a long period of time the most casual players will catch up and it will be easy for even they to acquire and upgrade them.

The exact same thing happened with 5* champions. They were initially very hard to get and extremely expensive to upgrade. But today they are much easier to acquire and significantly easier to upgrade (bottlenecks notwithstanding). Soon even very casual players will start to accumulate and rank up significant rosters of 5* champions. The same content, but targeted at different tiers of players in the same game over time.

This creates the ideal progression environment for F2P games: spending time and money doesn't get you to anywhere everyone else can't get to, it just gets you there quicker. People pay (in time and money) to be *first* not to be *the only*. That's what makes the game as fair as possible to spenders and not spenders, large gametime players and less gametime players. Everyone gets there eventually, but those that can spend more can get there quicker.

This isn't design failure, this is the target everyone aims for and what most successful games strive to hit.

What you are describing is not how this game works at all. You also conveniently left out the part where I said that people wanted a challenge that rewarded them for their effort, which is how normal game progression works. That is not what this game does.

1. That's your opinion, but that is unlikely to be how the majority of players feel, given the game's popularity. Regardless, that subjective opinion is irrelevant to the point I was making. I was talking about cost, reward structure, and game progression within the reward structure. We can discuss content difficulty separately if you want.

2. I left out a lot of things, because the forum places a character limit per post.

3. I specifically commented on the statement about 6* champions specifically, which is why I quoted it and edited the rest. I did not "conveniently leave it out." There is no contextual information relevant to what I said outside that quote.

• Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    As said by a previous poster to the board. The ramp up from Hard to Expert is steep. The rewards go from 3k shards to 12k.

For the players with 4/40s the Hard isn’t that challenging but the Expert is too much. It’s the difference between doing a fight with 10 sets of 5 hit combos to doing a fight with 30 sets of 5 hit combos with no mistakes, one mistake and the fight is over. 12 times a day for 30 days.

What is being asked for is a 60-75 hit fight for players with 4/40 rosters that will give them 7k shards.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What you are describing is not how this game works at all. You also conveniently left out the part where I said that people wanted a challenge that rewarded them for their effort, which is how normal game progression works. That is not what this game does.

1. That's your opinion, but that is unlikely to be how the majority of players feel, given the game's popularity. Regardless, that subjective opinion is irrelevant to the point I was making. I was talking about cost, reward structure, and game progression within the reward structure. We can discuss content difficulty separately if you want.

2. I left out a lot of things, because the forum places a character limit per post.

3. I specifically commented on the statement about 6* champions specifically, which is why I quoted it and edited the rest. I did not "conveniently leave it out." There is no contextual information relevant to what I said outside that quote.

1. Most of what is stated here is an opinion. I stated an opinion. You stated an counter opinion. You have no idea how the majority of players feel; that's another opinion. But my opinion, to which you replied, is irrelevant to your point? You might be confused about how forums and debate work. Cost, reward structure, and game progression are usually tied to content difficulty, which is what the majority of players in this thread are complaining about - it is too difficult for the small rewards. You chose to edit my post to remove the context of my point, which only serves to weaken your own case.

2. I had no trouble quoting and responding to your verbose reply. That does not seem to be a real issue.

3. The statement about 6* champions was one example of the overall point I was trying to make. You took it out of context and tried to make your own point of out it. You took my second reply out of context too and did not respond to any of the counterpoints I made either. Seems to be a pattern.
  • Options
    CptXXBEaNFLicK5CptXXBEaNFLicK5 Posts: 10
    I agree. Super waste of time for very low rewards. Especially when the randomizer never works in your favor.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    There are certainly players who will complain almost no matter what they get. But I think the majority of complaints are that the rewards aren't on par with the difficulty of the challenges. Players want challenging content that gives good rewards after all the effort. The feeling of satisfaction is why we play these games.

The rewards are definitely on par with the difficulty. 1/2 T2a + some sig stone crystals and 10k+ shards. If you don't want to do the challenge then by all means do not do it.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    The rewards are definitely on par with the difficulty. 1/2 T2a + some sig stone crystals and 10k+ shards. If you don't want to do the challenge then by all means do not do it.
    That is a subjective opinion. Clearly with this thread and all the other popping up about MODOK Labs a lot of people disagree with you. Whether I do the challenge or not has nothing to do with whether I think the rewards are worth the effort.
  • Options
    PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    I have the champs to beat the master levels, but the glitches and random heavy firing usually prevent me from being able to beat these events without using items or spending. That's why I feel that Modoks lab is not worth it. If we had a smooth running game, I wouldn't feel that way.
  • Options
    SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    This quest is more pointless than women's basketball.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    I like how some people keep throwing the word "easy" around when it's clearly not for a lot of players (which is also the reason why this thread was created)

Well play the first 3 difficulty’s then...

Just because the 5* shards are in the last run through doesn’t mean all the player base should be able to go in and take advantage.

You can always reroll the nodes too and make it much easier, they don’t even have much health.

Yes it is tricky, but majority of the time it’s simple, especially being able to change the nodes to your advantage.

But just because the good rewards are there doesn’t mean everyone is entitled to them, you have to go and earn them.
    Way to go and ignore whatever I posted about the only worthwhile rewards which are needed to progress being given through expert. Why bother with all that when you can just post "git gud bro!"

P.S.
    veh7c2tlf07a.png
    3fb2loncwry4.png
    yzddit16rfg0.png