**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Macoi30Macoi30 Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    I have tried turning off my game center and it helped lessen the phone heating. Not sure if it works for all though. However, lagging and crash issues are still there.
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 348 ★★
    Given that kabam is now acknowledging the issue, why are alliance events not being suspended pending resolution? I’m not sure what to do when aq and aw starts later today given the issues with the update. They are leaving some of us with the bad choice of playing a game that can wreck your phone or screwing over your alliance.
  • Options
    Brt07Brt07 Posts: 17
    Device iphone 7 + iOS 11.4 after the 19.0 update my phone started to overheat then suddenly it will shutdown automatically. This is the first time that I experience this on my phone. Especially when I’m grinding the arena.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    It doesn’t appear like iOS 12.0 beta (yes, they really are throwing the “try the beta iOs and see if it works” solution out there) works in any reliable way. Not charging while playing and not logging into Game Center have had some mixed success. Similarly, other things like dimming the screen aren’t workarounds. The only thing that worked for me this morning was playing 1-2 arena fights and closing the app for 10 minutes. That’s not really a solution for anyone grinding or doing hard content though.

What’s the next thing we have @Kabam Miike ? Could we get a potential solution or at least an update before AQ begins? Could you comment on whether you guys have contacted Apple/Android engineers to see whether they have suggestions about how to get the interactions to function correctly? Have you guys tried the game without the updated pause functionality?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    LevsLevs Posts: 5
    That explains why I’m having the same issues with my iphone 7+ recently. Overheating everytime i play, the phone whenever i close and exit the game, i cant immediately use other apps and getting stuck on white screen. My phone needs to shut down many times (i believe it is the default overheat solution by apple) so its alarming most of the times. This happened only after the update,v 19.0.0. I never had these issues on my 2yrs of using my phone and 3yrs of playing the game. Please fix this immediately before it damages our phones. Thank you.
  • Options
    RockonRockon Posts: 271
    Macoi30 wrote: »
    I have tried turning off my game center and it helped lessen the phone heating. Not sure if it works for all though. However, lagging and crash issues are still there.

I have game center disabled prior to the mentioning of turning it off when the heating issue appeared and still exists. I restart my phone once a day and restart the game when any lagging appears. Still when the game loads, the phone heats up near the ear piece.
  • Options
    gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    PLEASE REMOVE THAT NODE INFORMATION ON PAUSE MENU. WE CAN READ THE NODE BEFORE start the fight. (Basicly for experience summoners)
    Pressing the pause button doesnt need any information inside. We either wanted to quit the fight or get an incoming call. Thats it. Try this method.
  • Options
    NarlsonNarlson Posts: 23
    Don't have any overheating issue on my Huawei Honor 9. It must be an iOS issue. I dare not try the update on my iPhone 6 lol
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Deleted the app about 22 hours ago, charged phone completely up. Past 22 hours battery, through normal usage, dropped to 56%. That’s about the same battery drain as when I first got it so I am clearly not experiencing this 11.4 battery drain issue.

Wanted to test turning game Center off so I downloaded the app, opened, set defense, and did 2 arena rounds. All said about 6 minutes of app running. Phone just as hot as before so I shut it down and battery went from 54% to 42%.
  • Options
    So after 30 mins of waiting to login to the game I open a crystal and see this. xs1w0f2fwd27.jpg
  • Options
    ChenChen Posts: 115
    It has nothing to do with the buff/debuff descriptions in the pause menu. I just started the game with 100% battery and kept it open in the main menu. No game play just trying to move it so my phone doesn't go to lock mode. Phone started to heat up just from the menu.

Try it out if you can and see if the main menu, no game play as it should minimize your GPU. I think I read someone having the heat up just by ranking champs.
  • Options
    MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    cegw9d1shwlf.png
  • Options
    D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Chen wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with the buff/debuff descriptions in the pause menu. I just started the game with 100% battery and kept it open in the main menu. No game play just trying to move it so my phone doesn't go to lock mode. Phone started to heat up just from the menu.

Try it out if you can and see if the main menu, no game play as it should minimize your GPU. I think I read someone having the heat up just by ranking champs.

I’ve noticed this too. Logging in just to claim the 4 hour crystals...just opening the app, the back of my ipad heats up.
  • Options
    SeetheevilSeetheevil Posts: 66
    Hey kabam dont you have some popular brands of phone if not then first buy some phones to your dev team so that before releasing an update they can see if it works or not

Secondly is it joke it has been3 days but no solution from your side
  • Options
    tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »

I’ve noticed this too. Logging in just to claim the 4 hour crystals...just opening the app, the back of my ipad heats up.

Please read Page 34
  • Options
    KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    by the way Kabam, while looking into this issue, you might as well fix the issue with the game restarting every time you swap apps, you can cooperate with Apple to fix this issue if it's an iOS related issue, it's a shame that a multi-million company can't fix a bug that introduced since iOS 11 (September 19, 2017 - 291 days so far)
  • Options
    DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

I’ve seen the issue happen after app goes to background. Like going back and forth from line and and game, thats when you will see it bad.

It happens regardless actually, you guys shouldn’t have any issues replicating it @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    mflat872mflat872 Posts: 4
    iPhone 7
    Ios11.026
    WiFi - Comcast
    Cellular atat

It only occurred with the last update - I never had to issue before - my apologies about the duplicate thread
  • Options
    DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

The issue happened to me before upgrading to 11.4. I upgraded to 11.4 in hope it would fix it but nope
  • Options
    LnnyLnny Posts: 2
    Iphone 7
    Ios11.4
    Wifi / mobile network

utterly ridiculous how the game will causes issues directly to the phone and other applications. Initially I thought my phone was acting weird on it’s own.
    This is a serious issue that affects out-of-the-game real life situations and problem. I’ll refuse to play the game in fear that it will actually cause permanent damage to my phone.
    But If this permanent damage has already happened to my phone from the past 2 days before I realised the game was the issue, will I be left to suffer alone with a broken phone or will Kabam have solutions and answers, or be held responsible for releasing a game that damages phones?
  • Options
    LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    IPhoneX
    iOS 11.4
    Game lags and glitches like never before and phone gets so hot that it hurts to hold it
  • Options
    Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    edited July 2018
    It’s clearly something in the v19 code kicking the phones cpu into overdrive, making it get super hot and killing the battery fast due to it overprocessing. Similar to stress testing a cpu on a new pc build, where u max out the cpu with multiple processor intense threads to heat it to the maximum level to test if your cooling solution is sufficient.
  • Options
    ManifesttManifestt Posts: 6
    Since update my phone overheat. Causes lag. Sometimes shouts down my phone. Won’t response. Have to do a force close of the phone then. When I enter a fight it just hang sometimes. Have to reboot the game or phone. In war it cost me half a champ :(
    Can’t take screenshots when it gets hot. Line starts to hang. Can only see start up screen. Have to reboot again. Hope to get a fix soon. Cost to much in aw when it f.... up.
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7 Plus
    WiFi or cellular network same thing happens
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    So Kabam you guys ready to fix this yet? Pretty sure you have enough info from everyone by now, or do you want us to slowly kill all our phones first😂
  • Options
    ManifesttManifestt Posts: 6
    Forgot the new update drains my battery as well
  • Options
    Ingi_FreyrIngi_Freyr Posts: 11
    I have an iPhone 7 and after couples of fight the phone starts heating up a lot under the camera area and soon after that the left side of the touchscreen stops working and everything begins to be unresponsive. I have wanted to throw my phone through the window few times out of frustration about this. Hope it gets sorted quickly. I only play few times per day now and only for like 5 minutes each time :/
  • Options
    SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I'm using a Galaxy 7 and have overheating issues. Arena can't be done, so I'm out 2 t4bs and any shards I might have gotten. I can quest some, but not for long. This is getting ridiculous. Not being able to play this game, which I love playing, is making it tempting to quit altogether. I can get over bugs and whatnot, but this is very different.
  • Options
    DawgballsDawgballs Posts: 18
    iPhone 7
    iOS 11.3.1

Overheating, crashing, Black spinning wheel, all other apps including home button, and phone functionality totally unresponsive.

I’m not one to complain but this type of “bug” on a version release is entirely unacceptable. It’s *almost* as if you don’t actually beta test your releases across varying mobile devices.

I actually find this type of issue much more neglectful than a server outage. By releasing a defective product that negatively effects my personal device is straight up negligence and reparations should be made.
  • Options
    bongstabongsta Posts: 11
    i have trouble and concerns w/my ios phone when playing this game for few minutes. 1. am concern about my phone when am playing this game!!!! phone heats up and battery life span drains very quickly from 100% - 20%!! 2. my phone freezes when playing 3. game lags, champs moves by itself (sometimes), game downloads is awfully slow, & will get “wifi” connection problems”.
This discussion has been closed.