**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fantastic Family Community Milestones Event - Final Fight Count: 1,162,760,840

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Ali a lot o whining for getting stuff for just playing the game like you normally do? It is just milestones based on the overall fight count? This community is so entitled that if you are not getting shards for nothing nobody is happy?

Chances are you were going to do those same fights anyways with nothing extra?

If you're okay with bare minimum that is fine. The be grateful just because the game exists thing is getting old.
    The everything is boring and everything is outdated and the game is stale thing was old three years ago when everyone was saying the game was not going to be around for much longer unless Kabam started making rewards "more relevant."

The problem is not that some people are happy with the "bare minimum." The problem is some people think anything they aren't happy with is the bare minimum.

I don't think the event is the bare minimum, and I would be happy to play the game with only the people who likewise didn't constantly think the game was going downhill. I would bet that's more than 98% of the actual players of the game, even if it seems to be only 2% of the forum posters.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Incredibly disappointing rewards. Not a single shard or rank up item? The only saving grace to this is that it is a minimal effort event. I get that this is the first time doing this, but come on. Take away the boost calendar and dungeon days (dungeon days should be a monthly event already) and replace them some sort of shard or rank up calendar.
  • SlappapowSlappapow Posts: 130
    Here are my thoughts on the event milsetones. Now I myself am not up-in-arms about the event, however i can see why the rest of the community is in such state.

The Trade-in Event: Okay cool i can trade in my lesser potions for stronger ones, but last time a similar event happened the display was incorrect and made me PURCHASE level 3 potions with my units. I got them back, but yeah not too exciting when now there is a gate of sorts.

Boosts Calender: It's different from anything in the past as far as I know, but unless the boosts are the higher tier, seems to be a misfire. Just barely better than a gated service we got without a gate last time.

Dungeon Days: I don't do dungeons nor do I care for them, but the dungeon days thing, like the trade-in, was a service that wasn't gated before and is something that players utilize to complete that content faster. Again it is gated when prior it was not.

Gold Arena: This is also something different and possibly the best of the events. Although it is behind a gate as the rest, it is something I would have been fine with, if the other events were new and different, not events or services that weren't gated before now with gates.

Free AQ Maps: This is something that I find odd when it is possibly the last reward and because we don't know how high the milestone is, we might achieve it when the event is ending. How long will we be able to get no cost maps? Until the event as a whole is over? Does it carry after the whole event? And if it is the prior, alliances already in a map can't take advantage of it.
  • GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Can Kabam introduce Gold Boost? XP Boost is no longer valid after Level 60. I want more gold.
  • Method87Method87 Posts: 3

Don't we always get the dungeon days objective for 3 days everytime anyway...?

Nope. Those were only during the summer. There is none this month, for instance.
    @Kabam Miike this seems like you are taking away dungeon day objectives that have been running for months and have felt like a part of the game. I have really enjoyed this feature and bonus objective for one dungeon set a month. Now saying it was just for the summer seems like you are just removing it to add as a special reward for the community event. Please keep dungeon days as a regular feature.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Hmm, I’m worried about people who will just log on to get rewards and not contribute, but it seems as if the rewards are good enough
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I for one am pleased that they have done this but no matter what, they cant cater to everyone. Everyone is at different stages in the game, but progress on their own terms. Not when everyone tells them too. I think that's the whole point they are trying to convey.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Kaspy said:

Free AQ week is pretty lame. Only a subset of players would benefit from this. Any alliance that runs map 4 or less gets no benefit. So i guess half the community is supposed to put in work so the other half gets to save on donation?

I have a feeling that those who play higher maps will be contributing much more than those who play free maps.
  • Wayde0wilsonWayde0wilson Posts: 53
    edited October 2019
    Events should be like which encourages more and more player to play, with these lame rewards I won't do a single extra fight. Even though if I let go rewards, event should be fun, what's this event again?
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★

Werewrym said:

Honestly, the rewards are really disappointing ... They are something that would be expected to be released either way, with no relationship with any event.

Boosts - Easily obtainable in alliance crystals and alliance events.
    Dungeons day - It goes with what I stated above, this would be kinda expected even if there was no event to trigger it.
    Gold Arena - I'll skip that one, since gold is the most easily farmed resource in the game and there is pretty much no problems with it if you play daily.
    Free Alliance Quest Maps - It's nice, but again not really a suitable reward for an event.

I would much rather prefer crystal or catalyst shards than any of these really

I was going to post something of the likes, but you said it all. My first impression of this event is that it's a big let down from what it could have been. There was so much potential, but its mostly trivial amounts of resources that are already easy to obtain in the game as you said. I guess its free so there's that, but it could have been much much better.
    This is our first time doing this, so if you see room for improvement, share it with us!

We wouldn't want to give direct in-game items, but if you have ideas for other kinds of events we could run in the future, let us know!
    A trading event would be nice. The ability to trade resources with other members of your alliance (Only Alliance as friends opens things up too much for Kabam's liking). And a reward event for it as well so the more you trade, the more points you will earn for the alliance event. This would be something different.
  • Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 94
    This is reeeeally disappointing, lots of fights, 0 sense in any rewards. I need literally nothing, even if my account was like 100 or 200k, nothing would've changed. This is ridiculous, have to win more than 1 billion fights to get NOTHING
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    The first milestone should be something that gets everyone excited and ready to be involved. To be honest, I have very mild excitement for the first milestone. I would rather have gotten the gold arenas first. Just some constructive criticism.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I think the order of the milestones could be improved on - trade-in event seems less exciting than the gold arena or free AQ maps. I think in most players minds these events are not on par, and so shouldn't require equal effort to unlock. AS it stands it is implied that you need to reach a similar number of victories to unlock each.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

I for one am pleased that they have done this but no matter what, they cant cater to everyone. Everyone is at different stages in the game, but progress on their own terms. Not when everyone tells them too. I think that's the whole point they are trying to convey.

But they can cater to everyone, they have many times in the past. They have progression based titles that they could have broken down real REWARDS(crystals, shards & rank up materials), instead of a (not great) resource mgmt tool, some boosts, gold and free AQ that "applies to all."

But is doesn't apply to all, maybe 5% of the playerbase will play more because of these rewards, maybe 10%. But most here aren't excited. Kabam could have easily gotten 90-95% of the active playerbase to be excited & play more to reach decent, non game breaking progression-based rewards.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

We're trying to help Kabam by saying more exciting rewards, if you think that people will just keep coming and it's a select few we'll let the numbers decide.

No, you won't. If everyone who said that actually held to it over the last four years, the forums would contain 99% retractions, instead of 99% complaints.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

We're trying to help Kabam by saying more exciting rewards, if you think that people will just keep coming and it's a select few we'll let the numbers decide.

No, you won't. If everyone who said that actually held to it over the last four years, the forums would contain 99% retractions, instead of 99% complaints.
    The Forum doesn't have 99% complaints you stating that is a wild exaggeration. I think for the most part people are fair and it's just a difference in standard. You have the mindset of someone who is satisfied and that's fine for you but some of us want to have fun and make the game as good as possible. Ultimately the numbers will decide just like it always does, just like Kabam retracted the Champion updates due to people holding their wallets. The numbers deciding isn't limited to people quitting the game.