**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

The amount of devices that Android has makes it very difficult to optimize the game for all of them. iOS is pretty universal, save for the age and the specs. Android houses a plethora of devices with varying specs.

No one is talking optimisation. It's about allowing for graphic setting changes on all devices.

The specs of my device are absolutely fine, but playing on the native settings is horrendous. Just decreasing the graphic quality from high to medium makes a massive difference and allows for perfectly smooth gameplay.

This would literally allow them to care even less about android (device) optimisation. Again, this is not speculation, I can do that with my phone.
    It's an idea. It may help. I'm just not sure if it's feasible on their end or not. They'd have to answer that.
    That's something I disagree with. Story is for everyone, when they get to a certain point of progress. Anyone can do it, but you have to have enough growth in your Account.
    OmegaMan said:

That's something I disagree with. Story is for everyone, when they get to a certain point of progress. Anyone can do it, but you have to have enough growth in your Account.

Yes you should have to develop a deep roster and have the skills but shouldn’t be for only the top spenders or people of the player base. That’s my point.

If you have a bunch of 5 or 6* champions that you have put resources in and have the skill you should be able to complete the story quests.
    People feel the Nodes are too punishing and I get that. They heard that as well, from the sounds of their response to Act 7. I was speaking more in the general sense, like the reason for the Gates. There has to be some kind of progress separation. As much as people don't like that and want to run through it before they've developed.
    edited May 2020
    Tarzan041 said:

Tarzan041 said:

Tarzan041 said:

The point is, whether it's Seatin or someone we don't know, threatening to quit to get our own way is an old and worn-out tactic. There are discussions going on about all of the issues presented and you can only pull on that rope long enough before it snaps and doesn't haul anything.

Same can be said about kicking a dying horse...but at some point you must realise nothing lasts forever

It's honorable you trying to stick up for Kabam always..sincerely hope you're on their paysheet, santa's nice list or something
    I don't get anything for speaking on here. I speak for my own views, not theirs.

The point is, whether it's Seatin or someone we don't know, threatening to quit to get our own way is an old and worn-out tactic. There are discussions going on about all of the issues presented and you can only pull on that rope long enough before it snaps and doesn't haul anything.

So we should just accept that the game is going to remain in this state and not bring these issues up at all? Because Kabam will fix it and make it all better? That hasn’t worked in the past and it most definitely will not work now if Kabam are even making and theorising such unreasonable content like Act 7.
    It's in Beta. That's the point of having a Beta, to give feedback. The other issues are being discussed, at least War.

What even is this Thread? Is it an ode to Seatin, or a mass vent?

Could it not be both? A major figure in the game's history is on the verge of leaving, bringing up some really good points about what's wrong with the game right now.
    A major figure of the game's history? No offense to Seatin, but that's a bit fanboyish. He's not even in the CC anymore. He's had his good points and his bad just like anyone else.
    I'm not trying to be fanboyish, I'm trying to be realistic. Regardless of what you feel about his content, he's the most subscribed MCOC YouTuber, any of the other MCOC content creators aren't even close in terms of subscribers (no offense to them, all of them are great). The closest is BG and there's still a gap of 150k people.

Almost all the new players come across him when they start MCOC, he's the first thing that shows up when you search up MCOC on YouTube. Like it or not, even without being a part of CCP, his opinion holds up big time, both for the community and for how the game progresses.

Now, is this technically a good thing? I don't know, but it is what it is.

What even is this Thread? Is it an ode to Seatin, or a mass vent?

Could it not be both? A major figure in the game's history is on the verge of leaving, bringing up some really good points about what's wrong with the game right now.
    A major figure of the game's history? No offense to Seatin, but that's a bit fanboyish. He's not even in the CC anymore. He's had his good points and his bad just like anyone else.
    I'm not trying to be fanboyish, I'm trying to be realistic. Regardless of what you feel about his content, he's the most subscribed MCOC YouTuber, any of the other MCOC content creators aren't even close in terms of subscribers (no offense to them, all of them are great). The closest is BG and there's still a gap of 150k people.

Almost all the new players come across him when they start MCOC, he's the first thing that shows up when you search up MCOC on YouTube. Like it or not, even without being a part of CCP, his opinion holds up big time, both for the community and for how the game progresses.

Now, is this technically a good thing? I don't know, but it is what it is.
    Having Subscribers doesn't make you an integral part of the game. I've seen some really helpful things come from his channel, and I've seen some pretty self-serving and manipulative things as well. If I'm being totally honest.
    Sounds like some one is jealous of Seatin. Seatin has helped more people with this game than any other youtuber. Having subscribers does make him an integral part of the game. How many people do you think spend money on crystal's after watching his video's. I bought the deadpool offers after watching his video's.
    This isn't about Seatin. This is about the topic at hand. Hence the change in the Title of the Thread.
    I'm not jealous at all. As I said earlier, he's the same as anyone else. There's been some useful information shared, and there's also been some self-serving motives as well. Which is why I made the point that YouTube needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
    He's a catalyst to some other issues which are present. I'm all for supporting communication with whatever problems people have with the game. This Thread is an example of that. It's got nothing to do with Seatin. He's not even present in the Thread, unless he's under an alias.
    The one thing I encourage people to do is think for themselves. What happens is passion meets fanaticism and the lines between loyalty and reason get blurred.
    I don't have an issue with him personally. If he's successful, that's fine by me. It's the quality of what someone puts out that earns my respect. There have been many helpful people on YouTube who haven't planted seeds which led to the Forum being inundated. That I have no time for. It's pretty easy to do. You post about what people are bothered by, cater to their arguments, and feed the vent. Certain things I don't approve of, but I'm not anti-them.
    That's neither here nor there. What I'm concerned with is the process. My attention begins and ends on this Forum because that's what it's here for. While I have no malice towards him, I'm not going to feed the idea that he's more than just another Player like the rest of us. The only thing Views and Subbies serve is the YouTuber. In that respect, that means nothing to the game. The people are what play it.

I think another huge question to answer is...

Would we have been heard if it wasn’t for seatins video ?

It seems like a lot of this feedback has been swirling around for a while, but why did it take a whale Spender with lots of followers to be heard?
    I wish there was better feedback loops.

Because now if Seatin does quit the game, how could we hope for feedback to be heard if he’s gone?

I think we'll survive.
    Grounded is so jealous of Seatin.
    Not at all. I just don't have any delusions about him. He's just another Player like everyone else. If he has many Subbies, more power to him. He could quit the game today and life would still go on. There's a line between being a fan of someone and thinking the game itself depends on them.
    You are jealous of Seatin, anyone reading your comments can see it. Seatin has always been on the side of the average player, you can't stand it. Seatin is one of the best players in the game, your not even close. Seatin has thousands of subscribers, you probably couldn't get 10. This game wouldn't be the same without Seatin, his walk through video's have helped more people in game than any other source.
    No, I'm not. I'm capable of speaking for myself. You're a fan of his, obviously. Great. Not put off by that at all. He's still just another Player like anyone else, and I'd say the same about anyone who got to a point that they felt like leaving. Life goes on. The game doesn't revolve around one particular person. We play because we love the game. Not because we love Seatin. Anyone that only plays for him doesn't really love the game. They love him. That's pretty matter-of-fact. It's not shade. It's reality. The majority of people play because they have some sort of love for the game itself, for Marvel, for the people they've connected with, etc. If someone wants to take their toys and leave the sandbox, I don't care who it is. I can respect that. I'm just not cosigning the idea that the game itself wouldn't go on without them.

OmegaMan said:

Yes you should have to develop a deep roster and have the skills but shouldn’t be for only the top spenders or people of the player base. That’s my point.

If you have a bunch of 5 or 6* champions that you have put resources in and have the skill you should be able to complete the story quests.
    People feel the Nodes are too punishing and I get that. They heard that as well, from the sounds of their response to Act 7. I was speaking more in the general sense, like the reason for the Gates. There has to be some kind of progress separation. As much as people don't like that and want to run through it before they've developed.
    Having the right champs At high ranks on your roster to counter some of the incredibly niche encounters in act 6 is the progression separator to throw class or star gates on top of that is as ridiculous as it is unneeded.
    The Rarity Gate is necessary. That I agree with. I won't argue whether some Fights are too narrow or not.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★

Tarzan041 said:

My point is I have a lot of the same problems Seatin pointed out, I dread when AQ and AW starts. I like my alliance and the people in it, so I play to help them. I dont chase champions or care about crystal's any more. I rarely spend on the game any more, it is disheartening spending only to open a champ that I'll never have a use for. I stopped with story quest after becoming cavalier, I enjoy the monthly quest. My favorite content is any that involves just skill, I hate taking damage from bs nodes. The game is starting to be about chip away and unavoidable damage, in my opinion. My path in AQ is the bleed path I bring in 5 65 champs Electro or Void take half their health, without me getting hit once. AW I hate because we invest all the time and effort in it only to open champs I'll never use.

You aren't possibly using corvus against void on a bleed node, are you?
    I started out using Corvus, I use Thing or Warlock now against him. I think Corvus was taking damage because of his glove charges.
    Charnutz said:

Tarzan041 said:

My point is I have a lot of the same problems Seatin pointed out, I dread when AQ and AW starts. I like my alliance and the people in it, so I play to help them. I dont chase champions or care about crystal's any more. I rarely spend on the game any more, it is disheartening spending only to open a champ that I'll never have a use for. I stopped with story quest after becoming cavalier, I enjoy the monthly quest. My favorite content is any that involves just skill, I hate taking damage from bs nodes. The game is starting to be about chip away and unavoidable damage, in my opinion. My path in AQ is the bleed path I bring in 5 65 champs Electro or Void take half their health, without me getting hit once. AW I hate because we invest all the time and effort in it only to open champs I'll never use.

You take non bleed immune down a bleed path in AQ and just eat the damage? That's easily avoidable, I honestly don't know why you brought that example up lol
    I bring three bleed immune champs, I know better than to bring a non immune champ. My problem is taking damage from a champ with out getting hit. Can you tell me a bleed immune champ that counters Electro?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Tarzan041 said:

Charnutz said:

Tarzan041 said:

You take non bleed immune down a bleed path in AQ and just eat the damage? That's easily avoidable, I honestly don't know why you brought that example up lol
    I bring three bleed immune champs, I know better than to bring a non immune champ. My problem is taking damage from a champ with out getting hit. Can you tell me a bleed immune champ that counters Electro?
    Namor negates the bleed and electro. Being the right champs for paths or send someone that has the right champs. Don't blame the developers for your poor choices
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Tarzan041 said:

Charnutz said:

Tarzan041 said:

Omega. It’s only 90% but with one point in coagulate it goes to 100% and even at 90% he will heal from willpower, and if you don’t have willpower, he will probably kill electro before it takes 10%

I know it’s just one champ and that’s part of the problem but you did ask

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Omega red also though he wouldn't be AS good for Void as Namor

Tarzan041 said:

Charnutz said:

Tarzan041 said:

Namor negates the bleed and electro. Being the right champs for paths or send someone that has the right champs. Don't blame the developers for your poor choices
    It not poor choices, I run my path just fine. I don't like damage from not getting hit, if you do more power to you. Too much of the game is starting to revolve around unavoidable damage. I most of the time run my path in all 3 sections and take down some of the bosses.

Omega red also though he wouldn't be AS good for Void as Namor

This may be a good option, I haven't tried him yet.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

You aren't possibly using corvus against void on a bleed node, are you?

Lol, we've all messed up once and done it. I know I went into that fight two different days with omega red and didn't realize what I'd done until I was at about 4% and dying. Sometimes you just go on autopilot.

Tarzan041 said:

Tarzan041 said:

Charnutz said:

Tarzan041 said:

It not poor choices, I run my path just fine. I don't like damage from not getting hit, if you do more power to you. Too much of the game is starting to revolve around unavoidable damage. I most of the time run my path in all 3 sections and take down some of the bosses.
    It's not unavoidable I literally just told you how to avoid it. Again, a poor choice made by you which for some reason you've now decided to even double down on.

If you think a simple bleed node with electro on it is an example of BS unavoidable damage design please do us all a favor and quit now bc I hope I never have to read your posts once you get deep into Act 6
    Any damage you receive with out getting touched, is unavoidable. Electro, Korg, Havoc, Omega red Domino or any node that chips away damage is BS.