**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    edited September 2017
    We just got defeated by the 3rd place globally. Why did we loose? Because they have "exclusive champions"... ur whole system is broken we cant defeat them and we doesnt even have a chance to do it.

Tell me how to get a Thanos, Kang, OG Vision and OG Deadpool????

None of the alliances "burn out" boosts or revives, thats good for us but really really bad for u guys.

4i2uqhpmli4v.png
  • ReyAlemán wrote: »
    We just got defeated by the 3rd place globally. Why did we loose? Because they have "exclusive champions"... ur whole system is broken we cant defeat them and we doesnt even have a chance to do it.

None of the alliances "burn out" boosts or revives, thats good for us but really really bad for u guys.

4i2uqhpmli4v.png

I agree this setup is completely stupid. Deciding wars on defender rating/Diversity rather than skill. So instead of rewarding guys who took down stronger opponents , kabam punishes us for our skill. Lol
  • DL864 wrote: »
    Everybody here is complaining its to easy. So now when they bring back thorns and all the other bs nodes you guys will be on here complaining it's a cash grab. I don't get it. It's really not that time consuming as long as you play as a team aq takes longer. Take what you got its not that bad plus it's a new map and play the game.

Along with unskilled nodes, they also removed all the good ones like unblockable spl, stun immune, bleed/poison nodes. Before every node used to have atleast 150% attack/Health boost, now its plain 75% lol. For high tier allys this is ridiculously easy to clear. 100% seems no biggie now, wars will be decided by defender rating how lame is that. Its not just time consuming with portals and the way links are setup we need to keep checking war every few hours to move so others dont get stuck, its like map6 now.
  • So we just lost because they only placed 145 hero to our 150 hero. So if we would of not placed any hero we would of won. How does this make it any fun to play compared to the old war. Need to lower the defender kills or raise the defender place to equal them out. I would love to have the old war back.

d45aro5o5q12.png
  • tlhtlh Posts: 41
    Soooo not that this is super important or anything, but where are the MVP stats in our profiles?
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    edited September 2017
    ReyAlemán wrote: »

4i2uqhpmli4v.png

While I'm not arguing the system is broken, you also got demolished on kills. So let's gain a little perspective here. You would have lost with the old system too.

Kabam does need to clarify exactly how scoring works, because their current explanation doesn't add up.

That or scrap this entire thing.

Oh and can we talk about the energy requirements? This was like another aq....the rewards hardly reward the time and effort needed for this garbage.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    DocJC wrote: »

4i2uqhpmli4v.png

While I'm not arguing the system is broken, you also got demolished on kills. So let's gain a little perspective here. You would have lost with the old system too.

Kabam does need to clarify exactly how scoring works, because their current explanation doesn't add up.

Those aren't kills. They're the # of diverse champions.
  • Carnage313 wrote: »
    I don't believe I missed it but why are these not being addressed or fixed. block/parry, freezing in middle of combo or freezing not able to evade, blocks getting punched through, visions specials not doing damage. Pretty much everything that was broke last update. I could care less about anything new if the current things are constantly broken.

They generate revenue

Love how they had a gold issue today and they were able to fix that pretty quick because it puts them at a disadvantage but when the reverse is true we just have to suck it up.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    zyhta2x8vwe0.jpg
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    NevvB wrote: »

4i2uqhpmli4v.png

Those aren't kills. They're the # of diverse champions.

The kills aren't shown in his SS
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★

The kills aren't shown in his SS

To be fair knowing that DK aren't a penalty now changes how someone may fight.
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Did you think about this new AW format for long time?

The side with less defender placed will win every matches. Must be a joke

Wrong

It's gonna be a gamble every time...

Alliance A: 150 champs placed
    Alliance B: 0 champs placed

Winner, if full explore: Alliance B

Alliance A: 0 champs placed
    Alliance B: 1 champ placed

Winner: Alliance B

A will get 150 for attacker kills
    B will get 50 for defenders placed and 125 for unique defenders

It's like Rock/paper/scissors, Kabam-style

There's probably an optimal, safe number of defenders based on champs available, but I can't be bothered to run the numbers on that...
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    Everybody here is complaining its to easy. So now when they bring back thorns and all the other bs nodes you guys will be on here complaining it's a cash grab. I don't get it. It's really not that time consuming as long as you play as a team aq takes longer. Take what you got its not that bad plus it's a new map and play the game.
    Im schocked too, seriously, is the people complaining because it's "too easy"?.
    It remember me when someone is asking for better rewards then the classical bunch just post to say "the reward should be decrease because today is too easy at my days was hard" but then they're complaining because the new content they will to do have poor rewards. Or when people suggest a new idea and -let you guess- the bunch just post to say "I don't want it because it could be exploitable in one absurd way easily avoidable but I don't know it because I'm not developer but I'm replying anyway over and over again" then they're complaining because the actual "new content" finally added is the same but with one extra star and more portals.

So, sometimes I think the community have what they deserve even if Kabam is screwing them.
    vikky89 wrote: »
    For high tier allys this is ridiculously easy to clear. 100% seems no biggie now, wars will be decided by defender rating how lame is that.
    But you cannot blame the nodes, it would be due the kills are out the score and finally just count pi and roster.
    And don't think about "skilled/unskilled" nodes, higher tiers players will just deal with any node similar to and better than the rest.
    Its not just time consuming with portals and the way links are setup we need to keep checking war every few hours to move so others dont get stuck, its like map6 now.
    That look a problem. I'm agree if you're right. It will punish most people (except jobless or like) and it could encourage the already account sharing pandemic.
  • Bth024 wrote: »
    So we just lost because they only placed 145 hero to our 150 hero. So if we would of not placed any hero we would of won. How does this make it any fun to play compared to the old war. Need to lower the defender kills or raise the defender place to equal them out. I would love to have the old war back.

d45aro5o5q12.png

Damn this must have hurt bad. They literally won this war coz someone missed a placement. Its all a gamble now, alliance will start placing fewer defenders to reduce attack kill pts.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    The new map isn't that bad, seeing as how so many are hitting 100% I don't see what the big issue is. Since the nodes are easier, it almost makes more sense to use more unique champs to score points, they don't all have to be god tier defenders if they are being beaten easily anyway.
    You just need to have 43+ unique defenders per bg and if you are skilled and the other team is still using their God tier defenders with and 4-5 each of them, you'll win. You may have harder fights than you opponent, but as long as you match them kill for kill, you're going to outscore them. Eventually everyone is going to figure this out, and it will be just like 2* wars again.
    The alliance with the higher defender rating is going to win, but there won't need to be any item use, and kabam will switch things up to generate revenue.
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    You know what I find interesting. I had an easy time until I hit Hyperion, top right mini-boss, refusing to use his sp1 and sp2. Lost all my champs to him.

The old wars, I could have a bad day. That happened, I wouldn't revive. Screw it.

But when you're running the minis, and the end of the course, everyone's counting on you, bye bye glory, bye bye units.

Smart, make the struggle come at the end. After all this, are you really going to just stop?

Maybe that's why the thorns and all or nothing and starbursts are gone. They were punishing nodes and you wouldn't necessarily invest to get past them, knowing you were just two spaces away from more ****. Bring in the difficulty when you can taste the bg clear, well played...
  • Kpatrix wrote: »
    The new map isn't that bad, seeing as how so many are hitting 100% I don't see what the big issue is. Since the nodes are easier, it almost makes more sense to use more unique champs to score points, they don't all have to be god tier defenders if they are being beaten easily anyway.
    You just need to have 43+ unique defenders per bg and if you are skilled and the other team is still using their God tier defenders with and 4-5 each of them, you'll win. You may have harder fights than you opponent, but as long as you match them kill for kill, you're going to outscore them. Eventually everyone is going to figure this out, and it will be just like 2* wars again.
    The alliance with the higher defender rating is going to win, but there won't need to be any item use, and kabam will switch things up to generate revenue.

Defender diversity is pretty lame concept. Why would you want to place certain champs on defense when you know they offer nothing and too easy to clear no logic there. Problem with new map is they took out all the good node buffs and toned down attack/health boosts and made it way easier atleast for high tiers. And without defender kills AW point setup is flawed. Look at the war screen posted above by bth024. They lost the war coz someone from opposing team missed a placement how ridiculous is that. If the goal is to explore 100% then dont call it wars, no win or loose just award shards based on exploration and boss kills.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    It's nice to know bugs can be fixed that fast. Too bad it is only when kabam is getting boned.
  • @Kabam Miike I think on the whole the update is OK, ignore a lot of the crying in here. There are a few key things I'd tweak though

1) zero the energy needed for portal moves, it's just too long at present

2) some element of defender kills need's adding to the score, it doesn't have to be same as last time but you need to figure out a way to incorporate an element of this in otherwise the competitive edge of AW is removed

3) maybe looks at some of 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 nodes and add some of those in
  • Also people asking for difficulty to go up seem to be forgetting, or not mentioning, the rewards haven't changed.

The rewards were already ass in AW based on the old map difficulty/cost. I would say the rewards now at least more accurately reflect the difficulty of the map. If you want the difficulty up then the rewards have to go up as well as there way out of step with where the player progression is.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »

Defender diversity is pretty lame concept. Why would you want to place certain champs on defense when you know they offer nothing and too easy to clear no logic there. Problem with new map is they took out all the good node buffs and toned down attack/health boosts and made it way easier atleast for high tiers. And without defender kills AW point setup is flawed. Look at the war screen posted above by bth024. They lost the war coz someone from opposing team missed a placement how ridiculous is that. If the goal is to explore 100% then dont call it wars, no win or loose just award shards based on exploration and boss kills.

Because people were complaining about MD and the so called 'Mystic Wars' making the game boring, wasr useless and a cash-grab. That's why they introduced this.
    Imo, the idea isn't bad, it's just the implementation could be done in a better way.
  • @Kabam Miike I think on the whole the update is OK, ignore a lot of the crying in here. There are a few key things I'd tweak though

1) zero the energy needed for portal moves, it's just too long at present

2) some element of defender kills need's adding to the score, it doesn't have to be same as last time but you need to figure out a way to incorporate an element of this in otherwise the competitive edge of AW is removed

3) maybe looks at some of 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 nodes and add some of those in

You just said to ignore all the crying , then literally went on to list all the things that everyone is crying about Lol.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    All they had to do to fix mystic wars is remove dexterity's broken interaction with MD, but they had to come up with this abomination of a system instead.

I actually wouldn't mind the new map and diversity IF they brought back defender kills
  • WaldoWaldo Posts: 38
    Pretty simple solution here, if you really want defender diversity to decide the outcome of the war, make DKs reward shards. Your defenders put up 150 kills they should be rewarded with more than just a little gold. Team gets 1 shard per 1 kill, simple, no one complains.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Remove md from war and you will have diversity.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Just eliminate Limbo too
This discussion has been closed.