15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

13132343637120

Comments

  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Please allow 2 routes to go to the left most mini boss. Other than that, the map is fine. Consider allowing up to 8 energy to be stored, or not charging energy for portals.

    I don't even think scoring needs to be changed, people still haven't quite grasped the correct way to set their D. These zero D guys won't win another war once the community has finished adapting to the new meta. You should clarify that diversity is internal to a battle group and not across the whole alliance (which frankly makes sense), since you misinformed the community how it works previously.

    That said, you guys should absolutely issue some rank down tickets to ease the transition to the new AW. My alliance has 30 R5 Nightcrawlers and needs only 3, since you moved the goalposts an adjustment package is necessary.
  • Meh
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Anyone else see the humor in the fact that they completely butchered one of the two main alliance events in the game and the only response today is that we have identified some things and we are discussing but no time frame?
  • polverine15polverine15 Posts: 191
    So are you shutting down AW until this gets fixed? And will the "ride be thoroughly tested before it gets rolledout?
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Sparhauk wrote: »
    Pow3rKat wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

    With the first round of Alliance Wars coming to a close soon, the Team agrees that some adjustments need to be made to the new scoring system, as well as some other possible adjustments to the mode.

    We don't know what those are at this time, or what needs to be done, so we can't give you any more information right now, but rest assured that we are already starting discussions on what needs to be done.

    Stay tuned, and we'll update you as soon as we can.

    My question is 100% straight-forward...

    Will you beta test the update before its release?

    What do you think we, the community are to them? I've worked in software for over 25 years. As a programmer, it sickens me to see executives make decisions to reduce QA and just let the customers test it. All of the hard work that some of the people at Kabam/NM are doing is obfuscated by the greed and incompetence of the management.
    Sparhauk wrote: »
    Pow3rKat wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

    With the first round of Alliance Wars coming to a close soon, the Team agrees that some adjustments need to be made to the new scoring system, as well as some other possible adjustments to the mode.

    We don't know what those are at this time, or what needs to be done, so we can't give you any more information right now, but rest assured that we are already starting discussions on what needs to be done.

    Stay tuned, and we'll update you as soon as we can.

    My question is 100% straight-forward...

    Will you beta test the update before its release?

    What do you think we, the community are to them? I've worked in software for over 25 years. As a programmer, it sickens me to see executives make decisions to reduce QA and just let the customers test it. All of the hard work that some of the people at Kabam/NM are doing is obfuscated by the greed and incompetence of the management.

    This is the first comment that truly sums up what I feel is going on over there. We should not be attacking any mods or hardworking software engineers/design team. They might be working hard and coming up with great ideas and trying to implement them and probably do recognize some of the problems we address them with. I feel it's the greed and incompetence of the higher management and the complete lack of caring or understanding for anything more than $$$$ to placate the shareholders and let them keep their cushyoverpaud jobs. Positive change needs to start at the top and if you want it to save this game place a CEO in charge who is just as much as a fan of the marvel brand as us players are.
  • I don't know why there so much complaining with new aq score. Come on! Defender kills has more value than attack? How chick! Alright, defender kills could have another way to be scored, but as last? No way. Look to the future. It's just first week. They can fix the problem of diversity and instead of giving them options you're stuck at the past.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Grub wrote: »
    Sparhauk wrote: »
    Pow3rKat wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

    With the first round of Alliance Wars coming to a close soon, the Team agrees that some adjustments need to be made to the new scoring system, as well as some other possible adjustments to the mode.

    We don't know what those are at this time, or what needs to be done, so we can't give you any more information right now, but rest assured that we are already starting discussions on what needs to be done.

    Stay tuned, and we'll update you as soon as we can.

    My question is 100% straight-forward...

    Will you beta test the update before its release?

    What do you think we, the community are to them? I've worked in software for over 25 years. As a programmer, it sickens me to see executives make decisions to reduce QA and just let the customers test it. All of the hard work that some of the people at Kabam/NM are doing is obfuscated by the greed and incompetence of the management.
    Sparhauk wrote: »
    Pow3rKat wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

    With the first round of Alliance Wars coming to a close soon, the Team agrees that some adjustments need to be made to the new scoring system, as well as some other possible adjustments to the mode.

    We don't know what those are at this time, or what needs to be done, so we can't give you any more information right now, but rest assured that we are already starting discussions on what needs to be done.

    Stay tuned, and we'll update you as soon as we can.

    My question is 100% straight-forward...

    Will you beta test the update before its release?

    What do you think we, the community are to them? I've worked in software for over 25 years. As a programmer, it sickens me to see executives make decisions to reduce QA and just let the customers test it. All of the hard work that some of the people at Kabam/NM are doing is obfuscated by the greed and incompetence of the management.

    This is the first comment that truly sums up what I feel is going on over there. We should not be attacking any mods or hardworking software engineers/design team. They might be working hard and coming up with great ideas and trying to implement them and probably do recognize some of the problems we address them with. I feel it's the greed and incompetence of the higher management and the complete lack of caring or understanding for anything more than $$$$ to placate the shareholders and let them keep their cushyoverpaud jobs. Positive change needs to start at the top and if you want it to save this game place a CEO in charge who is just as much as a fan of the marvel brand as us players are.

    So you're saying the problem is Netmarble? I agree in part, but the design team at Kabam shoulders some of the blame as well. If we (the community) can identify problems before ever seeing the content, then they should be able to ID these problems during design/implementation. The cooks are still responsible for what's coming out of the kitchen too.
  • BoogsBoogs Posts: 17
    the defender rating should be the points awarded for that category; there's usually several thousand difference there. It would create variance from the getgo , and make some thought go into placing top profile champs as defenders or using them to attack .
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Any1 wanna bet they'll just make the nodes harder and call it a day?
  • FlushFlush Posts: 85
    So what yous gona do about members that ranked up useless champions for diversity points system seen as aw is about to change again think few rank downs should be issued yous clearly didn't test it properly before going live with it how could yous not know by not placen defence will win you the war your point system is total disaster
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    Adjusting wars in a way that impacted our rosters was not a good idea. Taking away defensive kills was also not a good idea. It takes all the challenge and enjoyment out of wars. Now our rosters are useless and wars are no longer enjoyable.

    All that needed to be fixed was taking the crit buff out of the dexterity mastery
  • IndridColdIndridCold Posts: 41
    Kabam.
    Flush wrote: »
    So what yous gona do about members that ranked up useless champions for diversity points system seen as aw is about to change again think few rank downs should be issued yous clearly didn't test it properly before going live with it how could yous not know by not placen defence will win you the war your point system is total disaster

    If the AS that placed defenders. Had chosen to place more diverse defenders, they would win. And have an easy win at that. Maybe instead of placing 10 mordo's & 10 NC's, they could of had 80% of their defenders being unique/diverse.

    You get 150 pts/Attacker kill

    You get 50 pts/defender placed
    You get 125 pts/unique defender/diversity.

    You have a max amount of defenders/Attacker kills (150).

    22.5K Attacker Kills.
    - 7.5K defenders placed.
    = 15K/125 (diversity) = 120 unique defenders.

    That means, if 40 out of 50 defenders/BG are unique, you'd have 22.5K for defenders placed & diversity. Leaving the defender rating pts for a tie breaker. The point system isn't flawed, ppl just aren't taking advantage of the 18.75K possible pts from diversity.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 31,764 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    There are not so many nodes with new buffs in the tier in I am in. Only one new Transducer boost. I assume Tier 8 to 13 have the same node buffs. Chaos boost is interesting. Maybe it is appearing in Tier 1 to 7.

    Here is a list I complied as I did not see it anywhere yet (maybe I missed?).
    I've omitted Iso-infused buff and listed instead the others.

    Node 01
    Enhanced Fury 40%

    Node 02
    10% chance Fury, attack up 100% 8s
    Boost Node 11
    Incoming Node 03

    Node 03
    Boost Node 02

    Node 04
    Boost Node 12
    Incoming Node 05

    Node 05
    Recovery, healing and regeneration recover 50% more health
    Boost Node 04

    Node 06
    20% Armor

    Node 07
    Plagued Mind. attacker’s power drained every 30s

    Node 08

    Node 09
    Special 2 Bias

    Node 10
    Power gain 50%
    Incoming Node 11 & 12

    Node 11
    40% physical resistance
    Boost Node 010
    Incoming Node 2

    Node 12
    Limber, stuns duration reduced by 10%
    Boost Node 010
    Incoming Node 04

    Node 13
    Optimist; gains fury, armor up and health steal below 25% HP

    Node 14

    Node 15
    40% enhanced poison

    Node 16
    Transducer
    Incoming Node 17

    Node 17
    Special 1 bias
    Boost Node 16

    Node 18
    Limber, stuns duration reduced by 0.2s

    Node 19
    Critical rate and Damage abilities 40% more effective

    Node 20
    Incoming Node 21

    Node 21
    Boost Node 20

    Node 22
    Special damage increased based on Armor
    Boost Node 23

    Node 23
    +40% energy resistance
    10% chance Fury, attack up 100% 8s
    Incoming Node 22

    Node 24
    Recovery, healing and regeneration recover 50% more health

    Node 25

    Node 26
    Critical rate and Damage abilities 40% more effective
    Incoming Node 27

    Node 27
    Armor break 40% more effective
    Mirror Image, every 7s mirrors cruelty, precision, resistance, fury, armor up and regeneration buffs for 6s
    Boost Node 26 & 28

    Node 28
    10% chance stun for 1.5s
    Boost Node 29
    Incoming Node 27

    Node 29
    Power gain 50%
    Incoming Node 27 & 30

    Node 30
    Mystic Ward, nullify 65% chance to fail
    Boost Node 29
    Incoming Node 31

    Node 31
    Armor up 40% more effective
    Boost Node 30 & 32

    Node 32
    Adaptive, cycles physical / energy resistance every 8s
    Incoming Node 31

    Node 33
    Plagued Mind. attacker’s power drained every 30s

    Node 34
    Strike Back, gains 1 bar power
    Boost Node 37
    Incoming Node 35

    Node 35
    Kinectic Reactor
    Boost Node 34
    Incoming Node 38

    Node 36
    Enhanced Abilities 20%
    Incoming Node 37 & 45

    Node 37
    Enhanced Abilities 20%
    Boost Node 36
    Incoming Node 34 & 42

    Node 38
    +45% Armor
    Boost Node 35 & 39

    Node 39
    Bleed immunity
    Incoming Node 38 & 40

    Node 40
    Power drain 100%
    Boost Node 39

    Node 41
    Enhanced bleed 40%

    Node 42
    +40% physical resistance
    Boost Node 37 & 43

    Node 43
    Recovery, healing and regeneration recover 50% more health
    Limber, stuns duration reduced by 0.1s
    Incoming Node 42

    Node 44

    Node 45
    +40% critical rate and damage
    Boost Node 36
    Incoming Node 49

    Node 46
    Pessimist; gains fury, armor up and health steal above 75% HP

    Node 47
    Power Start 1

    Node 48
    Kinectic Reactor

    Node 49
    Special 1 Bias
    Boost Node 45

    Node 50
    Martial Mastery, every 6 hits inflict stun

    Node 51
    Enhanced Special 1 30%

    Node 52
    Recovery, healing and regeneration recover 50% more health

    Node 53
    Enhanced Special 2 20%

    Node 54; Boss
    Stun Immunity
    Checkmate, attacks ignore armor and evasion with a combo of 15 or more
    Combo shield, combo meter not reset

    Node 55
    Stun Immunity

    Thank you for this. Saved me some time.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited September 2017
    So, Kabam finally listens. Hope for best but expect for the worst given their history with the community. There are also 2 issues they need to address because of Aw format change.

    1. Free mastery setup. As the detective mastery now is obsolete, we can use the point elsewhere. But why do we need to spend units to rearrange the whole mastery setup, so free mastery setup is required.
    2. At least one rank down ticket, many great defenders are now irrelevant because of the diversity rating system, so we need at least have the chance to change it to better fit the new agenda.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,192 ★★★
    Lscarval wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion: whoever doesn't place all 5 defenders doesn't get the AW rewards.

    with just that change, new AW would still be awful/boring
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    If Kabam is hell bent on making diversity a priority, then limit the amount of the same champs that can be placed in each BG. For example, only 1 Magik per BG, only 1 NC, only 1 Mordo, etc. It would satisfy the diversity balance and also satisfy those who are bored of fighting Magik, Mordo, NC, Electro, Hype, and Dormu all the time.
    When placing champs, there would be a message indicating that a particular champ was already placed and to choose an alternate champ. This would promote better strategy within each alliance to ensure the best champs are being brought.

    Introduce nodes that favor champs that are rarely useful in AW, such as SG, KK, LC, IP, etc.

    Lastly, work with the players, not against us; give us rank down tickets to make better use of the new AW setup to give us hope and excitement, as opposed to frustration and anger.
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    Moving forward....

    Pick up your phone, Call

    Seatin man of legends
    &
    Brian Grants

    Those two speak for the community pretty well and have two of the largest you tube channels in the game.

    Or just talk to anyone with above average skill.

    If your "testers" aren't at an aw tier 1 skill level then they are not the type of people that need to be giving advise on game changes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 31,764 ★★★★★
    nuggz wrote: »
    Moving forward....

    Pick up your phone, Call

    Seatin man of legends
    &
    Brian Grants

    Those two speak for the community pretty well and have two of the largest you tube channels in the game.

    Or just talk to anyone with above average skill.

    If your "testers" aren't at an aw tier 1 skill level then they are not the type of people that need to be giving advise on game changes.

    The problem with that is when it comes to feedback, you need to consider all Levels. There's definitely a place for feedback from Tier 1, but there are all ranges of Players, and the changes affect everyone. It's best to have a cross-section from a range of Levels.
  • Defender kill points is the Must across all level. I played my way up from lvl 15- lvl 2
  • FlushFlush Posts: 85
    Jwallace25 wrote: »
    If Kabam is hell bent on making diversity a priority, then limit the amount of the same champs that can be placed in each BG. For example, only 1 Magik per BG, only 1 NC, only 1 Mordo, etc. It would satisfy the diversity balance and also satisfy those who are bored of fighting Magik, Mordo, NC, Electro, Hype, and Dormu all the time.
    When placing champs, there would be a message indicating that a particular champ was already placed and to choose an alternate champ. This would promote better strategy within each alliance to ensure the best champs are being brought.

    Introduce nodes that favor champs that are rarely useful in AW, such as SG, KK, LC, IP, etc.

    Lastly, work with the players, not against us; give us rank down tickets to make better use of the new AW setup to give us hope and excitement, as opposed to frustration and anger.

    Putting limit on placen one of each champion is ridiculous who wants to r5 the lower and **** champions like groot Gwen fixit ect to win a war for few shards I wouldn be bothered wasten cats to rank any **** champions it's not like kabam make it easy get them with amount of fragments and drop rate for full cats from aq is dreadful old aw was much better
  • FlushFlush Posts: 85
    IndridCold wrote: »
    Kabam.
    Flush wrote: »
    So what yous gona do about members that ranked up useless champions for diversity points system seen as aw is about to change again think few rank downs should be issued yous clearly didn't test it properly before going live with it how could yous not know by not placen defence will win you the war your point system is total disaster

    If the AS that placed defenders. Had chosen to place more diverse defenders, they would win. And have an easy win at that. Maybe instead of placing 10 mordo's & 10 NC's, they could of had 80% of their defenders being unique/diverse.

    You get 150 pts/Attacker kill

    You get 50 pts/defender placed
    You get 125 pts/unique defender/diversity.

    You have a max amount of defenders/Attacker kills (150).

    22.5K Attacker Kills.
    - 7.5K defenders placed.
    = 15K/125 (diversity) = 120 unique defenders.

    That means, if 40 out of 50 defenders/BG are unique, you'd have 22.5K for defenders placed & diversity. Leaving the defender rating pts for a tie breaker. The point system isn't flawed, ppl just aren't taking advantage of the 18.75K possible pts from diversity.

    So what about screen shot of war that's goin around of alliance that didn't place any defence but won war cuz they screwed other alliance out of kills
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,192 ★★★
    IndridCold wrote: »
    Kabam.
    Flush wrote: »
    So what yous gona do about members that ranked up useless champions for diversity points system seen as aw is about to change again think few rank downs should be issued yous clearly didn't test it properly before going live with it how could yous not know by not placen defence will win you the war your point system is total disaster

    If the AS that placed defenders. Had chosen to place more diverse defenders, they would win. And have an easy win at that. Maybe instead of placing 10 mordo's & 10 NC's, they could of had 80% of their defenders being unique/diverse.

    You get 150 pts/Attacker kill

    You get 50 pts/defender placed
    You get 125 pts/unique defender/diversity.

    You have a max amount of defenders/Attacker kills (150).

    22.5K Attacker Kills.
    - 7.5K defenders placed.
    = 15K/125 (diversity) = 120 unique defenders.

    That means, if 40 out of 50 defenders/BG are unique, you'd have 22.5K for defenders placed & diversity. Leaving the defender rating pts for a tie breaker. The point system isn't flawed, ppl just aren't taking advantage of the 18.75K possible pts from diversity.

    while that's true, without defender kill points new AW is just plain BORING.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    The problem with AW was MD and it's interaction with dexterity. A few evades and you'd get L3'd or limbo'd to death. Those are cheap kills and don't represent skill at all.

    Might as well call it mystic wars. It was becoming stale for that reason and MD was nothing but a unit drain.

    If you want to value defender diversity so it doesn't make AW repetitive, do it in a way where people can't take advantage of any loopholes.

    And defender kills need to count! It's called war for a reason, it's not practice.

    Make AW what it's supposed to be. A fun event where you test your best defense and offense against another team and see which team played and strategized the best, not who spent the most to win or who exploited flaws in the scoring system.

    EDIT: I take it back on defender diversity. It's stupid. There's a reason we put Magiks and Dormammus on defense. Because they're the best. Having extra points for the sake of having a weaker but more diverse defense doesn't mean anything if they're not effective in combat.

    You want more defender diversity, give us better defenders from a wide range of classes. And it'll only be a while before everyone fills the AW pool with those defenders anyway. We don't choose champions because of the way they look or which class they're from, we pick them based on their effectiveness.
  • Ok Kabam, you guys can't change AW mid day without notifying people. Last war we placed lots of the same defenders and ended up having 98 unique defenders across all three BG's. Now we tried optimizing defender diversity and placed 144 unique defenders this round across all three BG's and it is only counting 96 defender diversity???? How does that work we placed ~50 more unique defenders this time and score less?
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    My alliance has 0 diversity points again.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Is anyone else having horrible frame rate performance and delays in Alliance War? All three Wars, the fights have had this issue, and it's been poor to fight in. Characters will go from standing or blocking, to then instantly doing heavy attacks. Specials, when done by me, freeze and lag, and an open to attack opponent now is conveniently blocking when the delay stops.

    It just feels like it was rushed with no performance optimization done.

    Samsung Galaxy S5.
This discussion has been closed.