**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

@danielmath Who is that?

have you heard of corvus? the flow killer?
    This guy?

Never heard of him.
    And he’s far from being best champ in the game.
    yup! he's not the best champ, i specified 6* and quake doesn't exist as a 6* :)
    He's far from the best 6 star too. Ghost, Sparkles, Fury, Sunspot, Colossus, Aegon, Doom, and Claire are all better than him. Corvus's only use is in AQ, EQ, and AW whereas all the ones I listed above can be used everywhere
    that's bonkers, granted outa those i only have ghost and fury at rank 3 (neither are close to corvus) but to say sunspot, aegon, doom, claire are BETTER is complete insanity
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

New content (that actually has release dates) looks exciting. A lot of words for a few tidbits in information was very annoying tho.

Super annoying that Act 6 and 7 related content has no dates or time frames, the longer this takes the more stagnated the game will get.

Damn, that is a big nerf to Act 6. Like huge. I honestly think compensation should be huge as well.

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

That or literally 10,000 Units.

Rather them give units than what you said. I agree that the attack value reduction is quite a bit and a lot of units would have been saved on revives, but the compensation you've written is too much imo.
    Have you 100% Act 6? Tell me how these changes will not lower Exploration by 10K units? I blew 2000 units and a decent stash on the first try of No Retreat Champion, then had to go back in and used more units. That is at least 2500 units I wasted on one fight in ALL of Act 6.

Act 6 was so bad I boosted through at least 80% of the paths. 50 paths of boosts is 7500 units alone (assuming full boosting of 150 units).

If they don't want to give Shards and Resources they need to be 10,000 units or what that is worth. Not some revives and potions.
    Agreed. Given how much they are nerfing act 6, the compensation for people who completed it and especially for those like me who explored it needs to be substantial. With these new attack values, Exploration will be a walk in the park compared to original.
    What is considered substantial is the thing? I agree that it needs to be worth it and not useless, but getting to that point is the issue. I don't agree with those posting rewards that are practically the same as Act 6 exploration. That's too much.
    What I would consider to be a good compensation for Act 6 100% is what the rewards should have been in the first place and now considering how much easier it will be to do Act 6 100% with the nerf, I really do think that this is fair:
    Another 1-2 T5cc
    Generic Six star awakening gem
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

Here is the lowest I would consider to be acceptable:
    1 t5cc or a 75% t5cc selector
    Generic six star awakening gem or 2 class crystals
    2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

Here is what Kabam will likely give:
    25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

Here's what I'm worried Kabam will give:
    10 Lvl 4 Revives

Alternatively, I would also accept 10K units as someone else previously offered.
    I really don't understand why should people that have already 100% act 6 should get more catalysts/6*shards/awakening gems/gold

The compensation should only be in revives and health potions, (lvl 2 revives, and increase the capacity or lvl 3 revives)

By demanding this type of compensation you are just going to enlarge (the already huge gap) between F2P and P2W

Only 2 things are going to change in act 6:

The champion boss being nerfed, which you could previously defeat without having to rank up a specific champ for this fight (except Morningstar, she is useless for me). And don't tell me that you ranked up CAIW and Thing for this fight only

Attack values being reduced by 50% on average, which in the worst case previously would have costed a lot of revives

Please explain why would you need Awakening gems as a compensation
    My initial point was that Act 6 exploration rewards were weak and did not match the difficulty of exploration, especially when compared to the exploration of Abyss. As for enlarging the gap between F2P and P2W, I am not a play to win player. Throughout all of Exploration, I only spent 50 dollars on units for it, the rest was all from grinding units from Arena and revives from daily events and EQ. The type of compensation that I think is justified is what I think the original difficulty of Act 6 100% warrants. Now, with the reduced attack values, the current rewards are just fine since it will now be way way easier.
    Why should we be compensated for in revives that will either expire or, if they increase the inventory cap, will just sit in the inventory. A lot of people who have 100% Act 6 also have 100% all content in the game. I myself haven't, but I am close to doing so. Have you done Act 6 100%? If you have, you probably should understand the frustration from the lackluster rewards and now that the exploration will be so much easier, we should be compensated fairly.
    The difficulty in exploration came from the item usage mainly. One mistake lead to a death. But adding a ton of rewards as compensation doesn't help the players who decided to wait rather than use units to get through since they didn't have champs for many niche lanes. Can't punish the player base for that. Rewarding in terms of units/revives that won't expire will make more sense since you're getting back what you would have lost. And the others aren't punished. As to whether it will stay in the inventory, Kabam is making content for that. Book 2 will come out, multiple boss rush and content for those who have 100% everything which is supposed to be really hard. If it doesn't expire, can always use it there.
    Fair enough, if the items they give out don't have an expiry, then I would be absolutely satisfied with that.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    What bout monthly quest path reduction for chapter 3 especially... fighting 6 and 7 time bosses is repetive and no fun.

How do you go from

3 boss fights in 1.1
    4 fights in 1.2
    4 fights in 2.1
    5 fights in 2.2
    6 fights in 3.1
    7 fights in 3.2
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

New content (that actually has release dates) looks exciting. A lot of words for a few tidbits in information was very annoying tho.

Super annoying that Act 6 and 7 related content has no dates or time frames, the longer this takes the more stagnated the game will get.

Damn, that is a big nerf to Act 6. Like huge. I honestly think compensation should be huge as well.

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Rather them give units than what you said. I agree that the attack value reduction is quite a bit and a lot of units would have been saved on revives, but the compensation you've written is too much imo.
    Have you 100% Act 6? Tell me how these changes will not lower Exploration by 10K units? I blew 2000 units and a decent stash on the first try of No Retreat Champion, then had to go back in and used more units. That is at least 2500 units I wasted on one fight in ALL of Act 6.

Act 6 was so bad I boosted through at least 80% of the paths. 50 paths of boosts is 7500 units alone (assuming full boosting of 150 units).

If they don't want to give Shards and Resources they need to be 10,000 units or what that is worth. Not some revives and potions.
    Agreed. Given how much they are nerfing act 6, the compensation for people who completed it and especially for those like me who explored it needs to be substantial. With these new attack values, Exploration will be a walk in the park compared to original.
    What is considered substantial is the thing? I agree that it needs to be worth it and not useless, but getting to that point is the issue. I don't agree with those posting rewards that are practically the same as Act 6 exploration. That's too much.
    What I would consider to be a good compensation for Act 6 100% is what the rewards should have been in the first place and now considering how much easier it will be to do Act 6 100% with the nerf, I really do think that this is fair:
    Another 1-2 T5cc
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

10 Lvl 4 Revives

Alternatively, I would also accept 10K units as someone else previously offered.
    I really don't understand why should people that have already 100% act 6 should get more catalysts/6*shards/awakening gems/gold

The compensation should only be in revives and health potions, (lvl 2 revives, and increase the capacity or lvl 3 revives)

By demanding this type of compensation you are just going to enlarge (the already huge gap) between F2P and P2W

The champion boss being nerfed, which you could previously defeat without having to rank up a specific champ for this fight (except Morningstar, she is useless for me). And don't tell me that you ranked up CAIW and Thing for this fight only

Attack values being reduced by 50% on average, which in the worst case previously would have costed a lot of revives

My initial point was that Act 6 exploration rewards were weak and did not match the difficulty of exploration, especially when compared to the exploration of Abyss. As for enlarging the gap between F2P and P2W, I am not a play to win player. Throughout all of Exploration, I only spent 50 dollars on units for it, the rest was all from grinding units from Arena and revives from daily events and EQ. The type of compensation that I think is justified is what I think the original difficulty of Act 6 100% warrants. Now, with the reduced attack values, the current rewards are just fine since it will now be way way easier.
    Why should we be compensated for in revives that will either expire or, if they increase the inventory cap, will just sit in the inventory. A lot of people who have 100% Act 6 also have 100% all content in the game. I myself haven't, but I am close to doing so. Have you done Act 6 100%? If you have, you probably should understand the frustration from the lackluster rewards and now that the exploration will be so much easier, we should be compensated fairly.
    Well, compensation means you get back what you used. That is my understanding. You did not use Awakening gems and T5cc to get through the quest. You used revives and potions and in some case energy refills. I agree that the inventory cap should be increased and if it is possible and kabam are willing, refund them in terms of units, resources, especially those that can only be earned in only specific areas seem unfair.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Another 1-2 T5cc
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

10 Lvl 4 Revives

I haven't done act 6 100% yet, but I am pretty close.

I believe that the compensation should be ONLY in form of revives/potions that are not gonna expire. New content will come out. Book 2 chapter 1 for example. Variant 5 as well. You will have some place to use the revives.

I still can't understand why you would need 6* AG. Did you use a 6* AG in order to 100% act 6? Because if you didn't I can't see why you would deserve a 6* AG as compensation. You are just asking for a free 6* AG for your 'mentally frustration'

But if they update the rewards for exploration, it's fine
    I know this is your third account in forums, but I agree with you.
  • Options

@danielmath Who is that?

This guy?

Never heard of him.
    He's far from the best 6 star too. Ghost, Sparkles, Fury, Sunspot, Colossus, Aegon, Doom, and Claire are all better than him. Corvus's only use is in AQ, EQ, and AW whereas all the ones I listed above can be used everywhere
    that's bonkers, granted outa those i only have ghost and fury at rank 3 (neither are close to corvus) but to say sunspot, aegon, doom, claire are BETTER is complete insanity
    Have you done Act 6? Corvus is almost useless in Act 6, unless you are running full suicides and cosmic power boosts. Claire, Doom, Aegon, and Sunspot are absolute beasts for Act 6 and I definitely wouldn't have done Act 6 100% without them whereas I used my Corvus for a total of 1 path in all of Act 6. He is still a great champ, but in order to be one of the best, champs need to be used in more than just AQ and AW.
    I've done everything and he was my main war attacker all season, not ghost who i also have at rank 3. Anyone can quest, i put little to no value in that but it's a different perspective i guess. I did legends run for 6.4 so that was mostly r3 ghost, with some corvus paths (he wasn't rank 3 at the time)
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Not to be too cliché, but when you talked about compensation, it was said that people who cleared act 6 would be compensated, what about the people like myself that got up to 6.4, ie, spending thousands of units beating the original champion boss and beyond, will we get compensated as well? @Kabam Miike
  • Options

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Another 1-2 T5cc
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

10 Lvl 4 Revives

I haven't done act 6 100% yet, but I am pretty close.

I believe that the compensation should be ONLY in form of revives/potions that are not gonna expire. New content will come out. Book 2 chapter 1 for example. Variant 5 as well. You will have some place to use the revives.

I still can't understand why you would need 6* AG. Did you use a 6* AG in order to 100% act 6? Because if you didn't I can't see why you would deserve a 6* AG as compensation. You are just asking for a free 6* AG for your 'mentally frustration'

But if they update the rewards for exploration, it's fine
    If the revives and potions won't expire, then I am perfectly happy with them. I don't see it as asking for a free AG for 'mental frustration' but because that is what the rewards should have been from the beginning. But so long as the revives don't expire, I am happy with just them.
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    My only question is do we have a time frame for the act 6 changes like will it be before Aug?
  • Options

@danielmath Who is that?

This guy?

Never heard of him.
    Have you done Act 6? Corvus is almost useless in Act 6, unless you are running full suicides and cosmic power boosts. Claire, Doom, Aegon, and Sunspot are absolute beasts for Act 6 and I definitely wouldn't have done Act 6 100% without them whereas I used my Corvus for a total of 1 path in all of Act 6. He is still a great champ, but in order to be one of the best, champs need to be used in more than just AQ and AW.
    I've done everything and he was my main war attacker all season, not ghost who i also have at rank 3. Anyone can quest, i put little to no value in that but it's a different perspective i guess. I did legends run for 6.4 so that was mostly r3 ghost, with some corvus paths (he wasn't rank 3 at the time)
    Ah, see I have no interest in War. I'm in a gold 2 alliance and as so don't have to deal with defensive tactics. Corvus is my main war attacker, but that doesn't mean I think he's the top champ. Saying who is the best champ in the game is just a matter of opinion. I'd personally say that Claire is the best champ in the game since she has the best blend of sustainability, utility, and damage.
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    TugaDav said:

I welcome these changes for the benefit of the community and understand you're currently exploring options to compensate players who already explored Act 6.
    However, regarding compensation my skepticism compels me to share my experience.

I'm missing 3 paths to 100% Act6, having interrupted exploration a few weeks ago trying to save units for the 4th of July deals.
    I always explored most end content with minimal costs, relying mostly on skill and strategy. However, the design of 6.2, 6.3 and specially 6.4 forced me to spend an astronomical amount of resources.

I had to explore 6.4 without a quake or ghost. I don't have them despite having 108 5star champs (some naturally duped to 200), and it made no sense waiting for a quake to complete important content. I haven't gotten one in more than 5 years playing the game and frankly, it might not ever happen.
    Exploring 6.4 without a quake was simply an exercise in spending resources.
    I'm not even going to speak about all the mixes of nodes you have to deal with, bound to 15k attack values, for which there were no good counters besides quake. I mean, p.e. if bane switched during the opponent's special animation I was pretty much death on those seconds.
    I'll just refer the blocking damage and the amount of unavoidable passive debuff damage which were bound to those 15k attack values. Most of those could be ignored by quake or even ghost players.

Reducing the attack values to less than half of their original values, will make this content content manageable and approachable by a vast array of champions, not only quake or ghost. And will make it possible to be explored with minimal costs.

Underestimating, I spent about 40K units and several hundreds of saved potions exploring 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4. The amount of arena grind I had to do for units spent on 6.4 led to the greatest burnout this game ever gave me.
    At the moment I don't have enough resources to try to complete my first path of the Abyss neither units for the 4th of July unit deals, they were all burnt on Act6.

I hope you take all this into consideration while calculation Act6 compensations.

You do realize they stated that if you completed the content more than 3 months before they implement the change.. then you won't receive compensation right? The amount of data to analyze beyond 3 months is too much. So if you completed act 6 a few months ago.. you won't be seeing any compensation when they implement the changes discussed..

• Options
    Pulyaman said:

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Another 1-2 T5cc
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

10 Lvl 4 Revives

Well, compensation means you get back what you used. That is my understanding. You did not use Awakening gems and T5cc to get through the quest. You used revives and potions and in some case energy refills. I agree that the inventory cap should be increased and if it is possible and kabam are willing, refund them in terms of units, resources, especially those that can only be earned in only specific areas seem unfair.
    You're right, I agree with you.
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Had hoped to see the 4* restriction lifted, tuning of V1 difficulty to be in line with all other Variants and more definitive timelines.
    Still intriguing though.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Overall pretty good like there are some new challenges. Hopefully summer of pain is doable and worth it. Roadmap looks good will be interesting to see how it is implemented.

Is the Canadian difficulty because it comes out Canada @Kabam Miike?

Regarding act 6 changes, Completing act 6 vs exploring is very different exploration was brutal. Better overall rewards like you did with abyss would be nice.
    No one needs this awesome reward.

No the guardian is a canadian champion and they announced another herald is coming in august
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Klc1015 said:

So will their be an announcement to essentially stop trying act 6 or understand that you won’t be compensated if using items or units to complete content that will be made easier in the future? I’m on chapter 4 and just confused if I should keep working on it or just wait?

I don't think they would make that announcement.. but people should probably just use their own common sense.. Depending when you complete the content you won't receive anything (compensation) for getting it done at a harder level. Unfortunately they haven't given a timeline for when those changes will take affect.. and who knows how much notice they will give before the changes go live..
  • Options

@danielmath Who is that?

This guy?

Never heard of him.
    Ah, see I have no interest in War. I'm in a gold 2 alliance and as so don't have to deal with defensive tactics. Corvus is my main war attacker, but that doesn't mean I think he's the top champ. Saying who is the best champ in the game is just a matter of opinion. I'd personally say that Claire is the best champ in the game since she has the best blend of sustainability, utility, and damage.
    ya at the top of tier 1 war corvus is a god, claire is useless
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    To all the people who keep claiming there are no timeframes in the post, I've broken them down for you:

Variant 5 - Released in August
    Act 6 Nerfs - Sometime before December (I agree this is not very specific, but I think it's safe to assume sometime between Sep-Nov since they are going to have focus groups provide feedback that haven't even been formed yet)
    Book 2 Ch 1 (Act 7) - December
    Sidequests Cavalier-style Difficulty - July & August
    Cavalier Monthly Quest - September
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

FineDog said:

This is disappointing for Uncollected players. There was almost nothing in this post that is relevant for mid-game players. I imagine the future posts about champion buffs and arena changes and stuff like that might be more relevant, but if you're still grinding through Act 5, all the stuff about Act 6 is basically meaningless, all the stuff about new Variants isn't particularly useful, the Summer of Pain isn't even something to think about. As an Uncollected player, the only thing here that I can do anything with is go replay Act 2 for the rewards after it gets reset.

I would argue that this means the MOST to our Uncollected Summoners. The step after that is becoming Cavalier, and that opens up another big world for you. That may not be right now, but when you get to it, these improvements are going to make it a better transition for you.
    This is correct. As a newly uncollected player or mid tier uncollected - you actually have something to look forward to. Before that you had end game players moaning about all the BS in act 6 and how hard certain fights were. This as made your future 10x brighter, as you have champion counters not available when we initially completed, and you have reduced difficulty.
    I also think you have to place this dev diary post in context: it is part one of four. I think that holistically, content and champion acquisition are linked at higher levels, and we need to see how Part Three completes the picture. Part of the view forward for UC players is what Act 6 will look like when they get there. The other half is how they are going to build their roster to take it on. Those two things were split up in the roadmap, but ultimately they are two halves of the same whole.
  • Options
    DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Menkent said:

What the hell? They want to hear from us about pain points and set up a focus group? Have they not read any of the feedback over the last two months?

There are hundreds of feedback which comes off as lists of grievances with actual demands. Having a focus group allows you to work with a manageable size of people which would make coming to a consensus --and probable solutions --far easier.

Hopefully the group can accurately represent the player base enough that the majority of changes are received positively. Obviously a focus group cant fully substitute for the entire community, but at least it's better than all of us telling Kabam to improve on issues the community itself are divided on.

Personally, I have ideas too but I know they'll probably be ignored because enough people in the community will hate it, OR its something Kabam cant just implement (ie. Having high/medium/low attacks and jumping/ducking)