**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

New content (that actually has release dates) looks exciting. A lot of words for a few tidbits in information was very annoying tho.

Super annoying that Act 6 and 7 related content has no dates or time frames, the longer this takes the more stagnated the game will get.

Damn, that is a big nerf to Act 6. Like huge. I honestly think compensation should be huge as well.

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

That or literally 10,000 Units.

Rather them give units than what you said. I agree that the attack value reduction is quite a bit and a lot of units would have been saved on revives, but the compensation you've written is too much imo.
    Have you 100% Act 6? Tell me how these changes will not lower Exploration by 10K units? I blew 2000 units and a decent stash on the first try of No Retreat Champion, then had to go back in and used more units. That is at least 2500 units I wasted on one fight in ALL of Act 6.

Act 6 was so bad I boosted through at least 80% of the paths. 50 paths of boosts is 7500 units alone (assuming full boosting of 150 units).

If they don't want to give Shards and Resources they need to be 10,000 units or what that is worth. Not some revives and potions.
    I'm not saying that compensation has to be small potions and revives lol. In fact, in every post that has been there, I've said that Act 6 guys should get compensation. No matter what. Compensation must be given. That's a definite. And it should be good. But I'm just saying that what you posted, is more than what you get from exploration, excluding the awakening gem.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Definitely interesting and sounds like solids steps in the right direction.
  • PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    This is a step in the right direction, definitely better then whatever you were thinking with the aw rewards. Please buff those, but I love this.
  • VectorModeVectorMode Posts: 2
    And for those of us who only finished 6.4, will there be any compensation? The opening of the 6-star crystal and the nexus crystal was disappointing. Invest time and effort in the game so that the prize results are disappointing
  • AbdelazizMahfouzAbdelazizMahfouz Posts: 5
    edited June 2020
    No gates removal and 4* will stay restricted in act 6? will you reduce attack values for variants too?

New content (that actually has release dates) looks exciting. A lot of words for a few tidbits in information was very annoying tho.

Super annoying that Act 6 and 7 related content has no dates or time frames, the longer this takes the more stagnated the game will get.

Damn, that is a big nerf to Act 6. Like huge. I honestly think compensation should be huge as well.

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Rather them give units than what you said. I agree that the attack value reduction is quite a bit and a lot of units would have been saved on revives, but the compensation you've written is too much imo.
    Have you 100% Act 6? Tell me how these changes will not lower Exploration by 10K units? I blew 2000 units and a decent stash on the first try of No Retreat Champion, then had to go back in and used more units. That is at least 2500 units I wasted on one fight in ALL of Act 6.

Act 6 was so bad I boosted through at least 80% of the paths. 50 paths of boosts is 7500 units alone (assuming full boosting of 150 units).

If they don't want to give Shards and Resources they need to be 10,000 units or what that is worth. Not some revives and potions.
    Agreed. Given how much they are nerfing act 6, the compensation for people who completed it and especially for those like me who explored it needs to be substantial. With these new attack values, Exploration will be a walk in the park compared to original.
    What is considered substantial is the thing? I agree that it needs to be worth it and not useless, but getting to that point is the issue. I don't agree with those posting rewards that are practically the same as Act 6 exploration. That's too much.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Knation said:

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

I’ve 100% act 6 10k units is too much 4K would be a more reasonable amount
    Lol 4k units consume by a single quest man
    I doubt you did 100%
    Sometimes a single path took 1k units.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    As a player who is on a break from the game this is great news and makes me excited to play the new content.

I really hope the other roadmap releases are equally as impressive. I haven't done alliance play for 18 months now and 6* champs are just boosted 5*s so I hope they have something to make them interesting in the same way that they have refreshed the quests.

Well done Kabam team, even the music announcement is exciting. I haven't had music or sfx turned on for a very long time but, with something new it will be worth checking out, even if I end up turning it off again :p
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    So, Act 6 is still going to be gated?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

So, Act 6 is still going to be gated?

Yes, but less specific.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

I'm not saying that compensation has to be small potions and revives lol. In fact, in every post that has been there, I've said that Act 6 guys should get compensation. No matter what. Compensation must be given. That's a definite. And it should be good. But I'm just saying that what you posted, is more than what you get from exploration, excluding the awakening gem.
    Not for Exploration of each Chapter and full Explration of Act 6. It’s way less than 1/2.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

And yeah, what does RPG team mean?

It means a team made knowing their capabilities, weaknesses, and strengths. Not cape coolness or something else of little practical value.
  • I'm excited after reading that. I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes and challenges.
  • TangerineBallsTangerineBalls Posts: 43
    Some interesting and exciting news this.... But we still don’t have an idea of when you plan on reducing the act 6 attack values. You have given us an outline of the values you plan to reduce these values by, but haven’t said a rough date when these changes will take effect. You mentioned you plan to bring these changes before Book 2, but state Book 2 Chapter 1 is planned for December 2020... so are we expecting to see the act 6 changes in the next couple weeks? Next couple of months? Or even waiting as long as til October, November.? Some clarity on this be great, thanks
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    This is disappointing for Uncollected players. There was almost nothing in this post that is relevant for mid-game players. I imagine the future posts about champion buffs and arena changes and stuff like that might be more relevant, but if you're still grinding through Act 5, all the stuff about Act 6 is basically meaningless, all the stuff about new Variants isn't particularly useful, the Summer of Pain isn't even something to think about. As an Uncollected player, the only thing here that I can do anything with is go replay Act 2 for the rewards after it gets reset.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Knation said:

Knation said:

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

I’ve 100% act 6 10k units is too much 4K would be a more reasonable amount
    Lol 4k units consume by a single quest man
    I doubt you did 100%
    Sometimes a single path took 1k units.
    I did 100% and if it cost you 4K units per quest I’m sorry but you weren’t ready for that content if your telling me you spent 96k units on 100%
    I said “Sometimes” and i did 100% and know the pain. Spent units less than SEATIN but more than MUNASH. I’m in that bracket if skills are in question . So yeah 4k units isn’t anywhere

Go check his stream and units he using then you’ll find out the actual costs

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

Not for Exploration of each Chapter and full Explration of Act 6. It’s way less than 1/2.
    I'm talking about exploration rewards of Act 6 overall(what is shown on the page. Not per quest/Act rewards). Compensation can't be equal to that. Relatable to it, yes. Should definitely be.