**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    LostCrest said:

I just read it but I think I missed when they said the 6.1,2,3,4 attack values were being nerfed. Can anyone help me?

All Attack Values will be reduced by 40-60%.
  • Options
    airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
    The changes are great! Really good to see they listened on improvements needed.

As most are already mentioning though, what happens to those of us that did 100% act 6 with attack values way above tier from what they will soon be? That’s a lot more revives and pots used then it will take in the future so it definitely warrants asking for something. And if I don’t get crystals or revives/pots, even a legendary title for clearing it pre-Nerf would be nice 😂

Last bit, I didn’t see anything on abyss. This challenge is 100% a cash grab and I think there’s small tweaks that could make it better. For example, instead of making champs go unblockable & unstoppable after a certain amount of hits, why not just unblockable? It’s still a tough challenge at that point but at least makes it do able for skilled players to not just quit the fight when it turns impossible. Food for thought.
  • Options
    Pali32Pali32 Posts: 9
    Any idea when these changes of act 6 are going to in effect Any date or time idea
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    2 things I wish they had addressed:
    First, we should be able to do more than 1 quest at a time as long as we dont use the same heroes.
    Second, for the really long fights, how about letting us save our progress and complete it later.
    Seeing a great player like Seatin play for hours just to finish 1 pathway in AoL is kind of discouraging.

Any opinions?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Knation said:

@Kabam Miike can we please get confirmation act 6 compensation doesn’t have a time limit

There is no information on Act 6 compensation yet, at all. But I can say that we are going to treat it differently than the one for Acts 1 and 2., There might have to be different tiers, or it may be something completely different. There is no information yet.
    Thank you for answering this and being transparent about it!
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    The first cavalier difficulty tests are arriving the next two months and are called Canadian and Herald difficulty? I thought the first cavalier test arrived this month, wasn’t it called epic difficulty? *insert Seinfeld music here*
  • Options
    CizzleCKCizzleCK Posts: 6
    This reads really promising. Hearing a theme from the comments on compensation and the 3 month note. Any help here @Kabam Miike ? Will there be a 3-month warning or similar? I only have a couple paths to go, and I'd really like to try to complete it before the 3-month cutoff to be eligible for the compensation. Understanding a date would help me figure out how much time I have to attack it.
  • Options
    gsil6374 said:

Its a sales pitch not a fix. We need timelines not promises.

"Trust but verify"
    -Ronald Reagan

I agree with you 100%. Plus, anything can sound good on paper, but when it comes to actual gameplay, is a different story. Just like people thought Anihilus and Emma Frost were going to be top 5 champions based on what was read. Then they actually played them, and a different story. Granted, Emma is not bad by any means, just not the second coming of Scarlet Witch like people thought.
    It's a roadmap. Just an outline. They can't give specifics if they're not locked in yet. To be fair, I doubt many of us were expecting an ignition this fast.
  • Options
    BrokenBroken Posts: 210
    @Kabam Miike can you explain how to explore new cavaliar difficulty ? mean who beat the 6.4 grandmaster can explore 100% cavaliar difficulty ?
  • Options
    Broken said:

@Kabam Miike can you explain how to explore new cavaliar difficulty ? mean who beat the 6.4 grandmaster can explore 100% cavaliar difficulty ?

I think they're essentially saying it's something to grow into, some may not be able to at first. The same way Uncollected was when it came out.
  • Options
    Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    Amazing guys
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Will cavalier difficulty be the same layout as Uncollected and heroic ?
    The energy use is a big concern for me.

Overall message seems positive
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    So first off.
    Act6: The changes being made to the attack values and the champion fights plus other pain points are all very very very appreciated. This actually will entice me to 100% act6 when these changes go live.

Variants: its kinda weird you guys put them on the back burner but im glad to see that they will be coming back and more often.

Boss rush: This is very exciting and I like the concept cant wait for this to come.

Other: As regards to everything else, its also extremely nice to see and this gives me something to look forward and to start playing this game seriously again.