**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• Options
    YogiethebearYogiethebear Posts: 8
    I thought the game was going to improve? This is a big step back imo. Awful event
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Why not leave your champ at r3 or r4 and use a 20% boost?

Those things are easy enough to come by.

Or just use an extra revive. You can farm one in act 4.1.6 with around 50 energy.

You don’t need to use 5* resources to get through this event.

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian

So, for the next week bosses, can we make them a little bit harder and challenging?

Like, make Captain Marvel immune to the damage back from mystic champions. And IW IM should have some healing abilities, so that we need to outdamage it.

Just some ideas. Don't make them as easier as this silver surfer was

Agreed. Way too many people have the

Alright! Changes coming to Show Up Difficulty:

So, it's pretty obvious that what we had in mind and what our players had in mind were vastly different. We wanted this to be a replica of what Players in Showdown were going through, but without the Restriction of only 1 Champion. When we said that this was for everybody, we meant that you could be a part of it regardless of your Age, Region, or even if you're not Level 60 and Cavalier.

But that's not what came across, and not what players expected. You wanted something for everybody, and we get that. We're going to be making the following changes so that the spirit of the fight is still going to be present, but it will be more accessible, and less daunting.

- Replacing the 4000% Health Increase with 1000% Health Increase
    - Removing the 4-Star Restriction

This is ONLY for the Show Up Difficulty, and will be carried forward to the next fights as well. Keep in mind, any nodes/buffs and other restrictions will still mirror the Showdown difficulty.

This will still be a challenge, as it should be, but not as much, and is more in line with celebrating the Summoner Showdown as well.

This is what I wanted. I didn't think the fight was hard or anything but just the way of the wording of the event was portrayed. As I think most people went into it thinking of facing like maybe a 400k or 500k silver surfer.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

So, it's pretty obvious that what we had in mind and what our players had in mind were vastly different. We wanted this to be a replica of what Players in Showdown were going through, but without the Restriction of only 1 Champion. When we said that this was for everybody, we meant that you could be a part of it regardless of your Age, Region, or even if you're not Level 60 and Cavalier.

But that's not what came across, and not what players expected. You wanted something for everybody, and we get that. We're going to be making the following changes so that the spirit of the fight is still going to be present, but it will be more accessible, and less daunting.

This is ONLY for the Show Up Difficulty, and will be carried forward to the next fights as well. Keep in mind, any nodes/buffs and other restrictions will still mirror the Showdown difficulty.

This will still be a challenge, as it should be, but not as much, and is more in line with celebrating the Summoner Showdown as well.

Removing the coldsnap node for non competitive difficulty would be more than enough.
    The fight would remain a challenge, but people wouldn’t be forced to rank up specific 4* champs. Nearly any 4* would do 😉
    Now this is a nerf to the ground. Expect people asking compensation 🤣
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Removing the coldsnap node for non competitive difficulty would be more than enough.
    The fight would remain a challenge, but people wouldn’t be forced to rank up specific 4* champs. Nearly any 4* would do 😉
    I finished it. I'm not asking Compensation. It was quite a Fight to get through, and I'm happy I did it. Lol.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

If you don't have the roster or skills to do it, then it's not for you

Huh? Use your common sense big guy. You don't have to defend Kabam about literally everything. This is not about having the skills or roster, it's about common sense. What kind of common sense goes into making a 1.4 million health Silver Surfer with insanely niche nodes (need a consistent armor breaker or coldsnap immune) AND you can only use 4 star champions. 4 STAR CHAMPIONS. The last time I've upgraded a 4 star champion was a long, long time ago. And all of this for 3k 5 star shards?! Pathetic.
    It's optional. You don't have to do it. They made a challenging quest to make us think outside the box. It's free to try and you can attempt it as much as you want. I tried it and after a couple attempts, for sure not going to waste my time on it. They said all along that this was supposed to be a very hard challenge.
    Think outside the box? In what way? Literally the only requirement for this fight is skill and a cold snap immune champ. Colossus is going to own the leaderboard since he’s the hardest hitting coldsnap immune champ.
    Coldsnap immune is not the only way to go. There's a much larger group of Champions that have access to Armor Break, and that ability does not activate when Armor Broken. I am definitely not the most skilled player here, but I found the most success with Medusa using the Karnak synergy. One heavy attack and that ability is finished for the whole fight.
    This is supposed to be easier with “KEY DIFFERENCES” there is only 2 Differences between the different modes and that is the champ number and boosts(which are of no benefit in this situation) and This is really only for Big Cash Spenders unless you happen to have the perfect champs
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

But then it wouldnt be the same fight at all. It would just be a beefy Surfer. Only sightly different from what you could find in AQ map 4 or AW if your opponents choose to use him as a boss for some reason
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

That’s great but why not do rewards based on the rarities you bring in?

We could select a gate at the start.

Those of us that do it with 2* get a 6* crystal, 3*s get a 5* nexus, 4* get existing rewards and those that use 5/6*s get a PHC?

(Fist bit serious, second bit mildly tongue in cheek)

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,060 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Greekhit said:

No it wouldn't. It's just a ROL fight. No skill, just punch til their dead.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,060 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Faseeh said:

Duff12475 said:

Duff12475 said:

So minutes after I completed the "Show-up" difficulty using a few revives, I see this BEAUTIFUL post my Kabaam stating that they are sec

My message got cut off?? Lmao can't even say what I want to lmao.

Point was i used a few revives. Where is my compensation???
    Bro i knew this would get nerfed when i saw it. I mean 28 pages of ranting will 100% attract Kabam. Thnx btw kabam.

Now i think ppl will start believing in roadmap
    No, they'll start believing the more they whine about something being too hard, Kabam will change the content. We'll likely see less and less challenging content because if the majority of "skilled players" can't steamroll something, it needs to be nerfed.

Betcha 1 million units the minute book 2 is released people will complain about how hard it is and ask for nerfs.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I think the difficulty should have stayed the same. Just a minor tweak in the rewards would have been enough.
    Or just another level of difficulty to whoever doesn't want a challenge.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian

I think the difficulty should have stayed the same. Just a minor tweak in the rewards would have been enough.
    Or just another level of difficulty to whoever doesn't want a challenge.

Yeah I wasn't expecting this big of a change. I new difficulty for maybe like players who are just making it to act5 maybe just finishing act4
  • Options
    DrDeadpoolDrDeadpool Posts: 170 ★★

when will these changes go through?
  • Options
    PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    I did this with Medusa and colossus team, I used 2 revives and a few healthpots, but i tried around 30 times before I get the timing and get used to the fight. The same time a lot people invest here crying this was to hard instead of getting better and learn how to handle difficult stuff.

Thx @ Kabam For this Challange!
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

Onmix said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

So, for the next week bosses, can we make them a little bit harder and challenging?

Like, make Captain Marvel immune to the damage back from mystic champions. And IW IM should have some healing abilities, so that we need to outdamage it.

Obviously you have some of the few champion that actually work. Some people don’t have the luxury of having those champions ranked up.

Like you said, you could remove rewards, but that would just be kinda pointless. Just proving to yourself that you can do it. I know I can do it, but there is no way in hell im taking up a 4* to r4 or 5 just for the purpose of making myself feel better for to get a single 5*.
    we have known for like a month it would require 4*s, not having 4* mats sitting around waiting to be used is not much of an excuse in my opinion.
    They didn’t tell us that it would have to be a specific 4*. I have the needed ones, but I’m not ranking them for virtually no rewards.
    It is not a specific 4*..... There is a large list of potential candidates.
    Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

Lets see, I don’t have any Coldsnap immunes ranked up, or any armor breakers ranked up.
    there are more than that. The design of this is to make you think more, but hey. Corvas could also work provided you are good at evading while charges are down, and can use coldsnap to regain chip damage when they are up. That is just one outisde your box.
    You’ve brought up one more. Yippee. And I don’t have them ranked up.
    But why not rank someone up? We had variant 4 which required 4* champs, we will surely have more content which requires 4* champs.

Even failing that argument, and worse come worse it is only 8 t5b and 3 t4cc, all of which can be earned back in 2-3 weeks time and you have a permanently ranked champion in your roster for arena.
    It’s not even needed to use all those resources. You can just rank them to R4 and have at it. R5 is NOT needed.
    Onmix said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Obviously you have some of the few champion that actually work. Some people don’t have the luxury of having those champions ranked up.

Like you said, you could remove rewards, but that would just be kinda pointless. Just proving to yourself that you can do it. I know I can do it, but there is no way in hell im taking up a 4* to r4 or 5 just for the purpose of making myself feel better for to get a single 5*.
    we have known for like a month it would require 4*s, not having 4* mats sitting around waiting to be used is not much of an excuse in my opinion.
    They didn’t tell us that it would have to be a specific 4*. I have the needed ones, but I’m not ranking them for virtually no rewards.
    It is not a specific 4*..... There is a large list of potential candidates.
    Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

Lets see, I don’t have any Coldsnap immunes ranked up, or any armor breakers ranked up.
    there are more than that. The design of this is to make you think more, but hey. Corvas could also work provided you are good at evading while charges are down, and can use coldsnap to regain chip damage when they are up. That is just one outisde your box.
    You’ve brought up one more. Yippee. And I don’t have them ranked up.
    But why not rank someone up? We had variant 4 which required 4* champs, we will surely have more content which requires 4* champs.

Even failing that argument, and worse come worse it is only 8 t5b and 3 t4cc, all of which can be earned back in 2-3 weeks time and you have a permanently ranked champion in your roster for arena.
    It’s not even needed to use all those resources. You can just rank them to R4 and have at it. R5 is NOT needed.
    No, but taking Colossus to R5 made quite a difference. Plus, I didn't use any T2A, so I'm cool with it.
    I agree. Of course it makes a difference. But I wouldn’t use the T4CC for it.
    I draw the line at T4B
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    The changes seem way too big. The fight will be incredibly easy now.
    You should’ve gone one or the other.
  • Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 573 ★★
    Lowering the health would have been fine. Didn't need to remove the 4* restriction in my opinion