**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Let's all give kabam a break. They are trying to make the game more fun by trying new mechanic and game modes. Unfortunately, it didn't succeed, so hopefully they don't bring this new node global next month.

BTW, the Saturday theme with DH and bunch of metal champs is pretty easy with Magneto and Medusa, i found it easier than the Avenger theme day.

• WoowerinnWoowerinn Posts: 53
    I think is funny
    I like it;)
    You can stun, you can dext both anyway even if you rooted.But I have Quake she solve the problem alone;)

• Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I think root is alright but what's annoying is that i have noticed the Thing on Saturday or Sunday is really passive until u are rooted. That right there is a problem. Also root should not be in Act 7 i think it should solely be in side quest an no other nodes on it.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I think this needs to be revised to work like a retractable leash. If my heavy takes me forward, I should be able to land my heavy, cause a knockdown, and return to my rooted spot. I know that isn’t the name of the feature but it’s poor design that would allow one hit of a heavy to land, but whiff on 2/3.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 304 ★★
    TBKlann said:

The ones on timer aren't as bad. The ones with heavy attack, special attack, and being close absolutely suck. The heavy attacks and specials are a joke to try and memorize for every champ.

Quite the opposite for me. The activated ones require some good timing but are relatively easy to get. In the heavy one half of the champions are going to get you rooted while you're outside of their heavy range anyway, most visible on Hawkeye and Thor.

The timed ones? Yeah, not with the marvelous Kabam AI. It's literally "hold block all the time every time when on timer then go full aggro when root" in every single fight, and with the sky high attack the opponents have a single mistake is usually 100 to 0 for your champ. Either stop pulling a Doombot on us again or the timed nodes need to go.
  • IRQ said:

TBKlann said:

The ones on timer aren't as bad. The ones with heavy attack, special attack, and being close absolutely suck. The heavy attacks and specials are a joke to try and memorize for every champ.

The timed ones? Yeah, not with the marvelous Kabam AI. It's literally "hold block all the time every time when on timer then go full aggro when root" in every single fight, and with the sky high attack the opponents have a single mistake is usually 100 to 0 for your champ. Either stop pulling a Doombot on us again or the timed nodes need to go.

Today is a great example of it. Get 1 5 combo in, the AI backs off until there’s not enough time to get another 5 combo in. You push to get a response and the AI turtles until the timer expires.

Please do not implement root.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Root sux period.. usually AI is aggressive when you are 'rooted' you can only successfully dex a few hits and eventually 'get combo into oblivion' (stole the line from Dave).. I find it annoying and unnecessary.. unless your purpose is to infuriate and annoy players.. have the game developers actually played 'rooted' in the quest.. btw, please do not add it to nodes in any part of the game.. unless its a mutant ability to hinder opponents movements.. duration limited by the signature level..
  • @Kabam Miike what is the plan for any extra gamma we have at the end of the event. I'm uncollected and can not buy any more in fixit fine goods.
  • CaptBirdseyeCaptBirdseye Posts: 102
    Not a fan, think game is hard enough. Maybe high level guys like it but I don’t like it, I have enough nodes and bugs to worry about with what I’ve got to want rooteds new mechanics added to the list.
    Pro players and whales, I say keep it for high level stuff, map 7s etc.

Maybe people like it, I don’t know, no read everybody’s comments but it’s a NO from me, thanks.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I'm in to no to root camp. It's a terrible game mechanic. In fact, its just flat out stupid. Everyone spends effort trying to avoid the new mechanic, instead of playing 'with' the mechanic. That should tell you everything you need to know right there.

Pretty much every node that can be played around is played around. If I'm playing mix master and I have a champ that can do normal combos, I use that champ. I don't thing the fact that people try to avoid being rooted "tells you everything you need to know."

• Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Passive AI. Seems to want to wait till you get rooted to throw specials or attack you in general. Hold block. Hold block. Oh wait he’s rooted. Let’s smash him now.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    While it is a balanced debuff compared to many other "fun ant interacting nodes", this was presented to the community as something that could also be a plus for the player.

Other than getting rooted in place immediately after corning the opponent, and going to heavytown with champs that normally don't have the reach, I couldn't find any "pro" to being rooted.

Further, I expected at least 1 of the days to have the opponent rooted, for better or worse.

I'm glad to see Kabam didn't combine root with a champ like Omega Red or Terrax with proximity damage, but you know its just "a matter of time".

I would suggest a change... to increase damage for #offensive and defense for #defensive champs, which would be in line with the idea of being rooted, or perhaps simple remove it as a general mechanic, and just buff Groot with it as an ability / be done with it.

Finally, I think #flying champs should be immune to it.
  • The root from afar or up close was easy and didn't really notice it. The root on a timer or hit count i actually quite enjoyed playing around it. The root on specials and heavies i hated.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★

@LeNoirFaineant tbh still some people have problem with reversal nodes/reversal debuff not because they are not skilled it's because we memorized the way we should play and implanted it in our brain we usually evade heavy attacks/some special attacks by spacing them now imagine u should dex them it may not hard for you but for most it is. (Get good) cant be a good solution too because not everyone has time nor energy to play all day to master it. Tbh this one is even harder then reversal and can cost you a lot since attack values are going to be so high. Also i dont think we need nodes like this for now but why they cant make nodes like the ones for cavailer difficulty?

I think people have a hard time with reverse controls on random fights, but no so much on Emma because we've got lots of practice fighting her. I don't see how root is harder. You are using the same evade timing. Many of the applications you can just play around. Root on heavies can be avoided by not playing in a way that causes the AI to throw heavies. One of them you just have to not be far from the defender for long, etc.
    This is all great advice..
    However the timing of specials or beams changes subtly given the pi or difficulty of the defender

Venoms sp2 can either be an easy to evade special or on a boss nodes will jump across the map and his animations will be so chaotic and fast that it’s nearly impossible to 100% evade over and over on command
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    I've been playing a few more rounds and my current thoughts are:
    1 - Given that Root messes with your basic functions, and is inevitably causing people to make mistakes they usually wouldn't, I'm pretty sure that people would have hated Root a lot less if it hadn't been paired with Combo Party, which inflicts insane punishment if you make a tiny mistake. This should be borne in mind if the team decide to use it again.

2 - A major issue is knocking your opponent back out of range when you're rooted. If this could be fixed, Root would be far less frustrating. What about adjusting the knockback setting when rooted; say capping it at 20% of normal. Your opponent still reacts when hit - they aren't Unstoppable - but don't get pushed out of range by your first hit.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

@LeNoirFaineant tbh still some people have problem with reversal nodes/reversal debuff not because they are not skilled it's because we memorized the way we should play and implanted it in our brain we usually evade heavy attacks/some special attacks by spacing them now imagine u should dex them it may not hard for you but for most it is. (Get good) cant be a good solution too because not everyone has time nor energy to play all day to master it. Tbh this one is even harder then reversal and can cost you a lot since attack values are going to be so high. Also i dont think we need nodes like this for now but why they cant make nodes like the ones for cavailer difficulty?

I think people have a hard time with reverse controls on random fights, but no so much on Emma because we've got lots of practice fighting her. I don't see how root is harder. You are using the same evade timing. Many of the applications you can just play around. Root on heavies can be avoided by not playing in a way that causes the AI to throw heavies. One of them you just have to not be far from the defender for long, etc.
    This is all great advice..
    However the timing of specials or beams changes subtly given the pi or difficulty of the defender

Venoms sp2 can either be an easy to evade special or on a boss nodes will jump across the map and his animations will be so chaotic and fast that it’s nearly impossible to 100% evade over and over on command
    Is it possible you are just less relaxed fighting a boss? It it only some champs or all champs which have high pi/boss node alternate specials? Do you find this to be the case in ROL or LOL, or is this only on some nodes? I find the AI to be more aggressive or less aggressive depending on the content, but I haven't noticed alternate timing needed for specials.