**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anniversary calendar

Comments

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

We all got shafted. I'm UC and my rewards suck, except for the 5* shards at the beginning.

Are you serious? You did not get shafted. Energy refils, 5k 5*shards, and t1a are really really good. Heck you don't even need t2a and t5b rn but you still get some.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★

Osfan8 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Anyone remember that compensation package earlier in the year? Cav got 5k 6* shards for a bug, but not even half that for the 6 year anniversary of the game.

Thronebreakers get 750 6* shards for 10K 5* shards
    We get 5K 5* shards for the anniversary

750/2 = 375 shards is what we get on the anniversary

5000/375 is almost 13.33

Kabam thinks compensation is 13.33 times more important than their 6 year anniversary. Omg
    I love math and support the effort but I’m completely confused by what you are doing dividing 5000 by 375. Please explain.
    750 6* shards are the equivalent of 10K 5* shards in the Thronebreaker sigil shop
    5K shards are gifted in this calendar
    10K/5K = 2

So divide 750/2 and you will get 375 6* shards

5K/375 = 13 1/3
    ^ ^ The 6* shards Kabam thinks 5K 5* shards are equal to
    5K comes from the compensation @Crcrcrc was referring to

Compensation from months ago is 13 and 1/3 times more important than their 6 year anniversary due to the maths.

I may have got something wrong tho. I did this equation quickly lol
    I missed the comparison to the old compensation.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    man I remember when cav came out and everyone was mad that uncollected and the level below it was grouped together, oh neverminded they were fine with it.
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    Cav is so much easier to get now than it used to be. The difficulty is basically uncollected level now. The rewards are on par with that. Blame the community for crying about how hard act6 originally was
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    The real question is, if I get Thronebreaker in the next week, will my calendar upgrade and give me a chance at those 6* shards? My hopes are not high
  • DNA3000 said:

7714dtl said:

Pretty crappy that they don't even help with us Cavalier players getting to TB... T4b, t4cc, t1a, and t2a are in overflow for the majority of us. Give us some t5cc frags. I would rather have had a 2% each of these days instead of what was given.

And then the difference between Cavalier and Thronebreaker is GAME CHANGING!! SERIOUSLY??! 5k 5* vs 5k 6*?? I feel like that is a significant jump considering I'm hearing UC and Cavalier are the EXACT SAME.

Did you even bother to read the comments about 5 up... they are not the same.
    Not the same, but the jump from uncollected to cavalier is pretty small as opposed to the jump from cavalier to TB in terms of rewards.
    I'm not sure I agree, because the value of the calendar has to be compared to the target audience of the calendar. The jump from 5k 5* shards to 5k 6* shards looks huge if you don't have a huge 6* roster. But the value of 5k 5* shards to the average Cavalier player who probably has a strong 5* roster but a small 6* roster is probably similar to the value of 5k 6* shards to the average Thronebreaker player who probably has as strong a 6* roster as the average Cav has a 5* roster.

The rest of the rewards scale a little weirdly from UC to TB, but it is roughly similar. Cavs get three times the T5B, twice the T2A, 50% more T4CC, and double the T4B of UC (they also get sig stones instead of energy refills and T1A). TB gets about 2.3 times the T5B, three times the T2A, twice the T4CC, and 50% more T4B (and the sig stones are promoted to 6* sigs). These are not wildly different jumps.
    The Shards make no sense to me. Anyone who is Cav is into working on their 6* Roster, and 5*s are not that rare to come by. Am I grateful for anything? Absolutely. Still doesn't work out proportionately. We should have some quantity of 6* Shards because that's what we're working on. It's as if it comes off like 6*s don't pertain to us.
    I recall you got Cavalier a while ago. Have you stopped working on your 5* roster?

The average Cavalier player hasn't fully explored Act 6 and is just parked until they can get a lucky pull to become Thronebreaker. The average Cavalier player is probably still working through Act 6. And Act 6 still has some roster checks in it, although they've been reduced somewhat. Both 5* champs and 6* champs work in Act 6, but 5* champs are easier to rank up, easier to awaken, and easier to sig up. So while the people who complain about rewards disproportionately reach for the highest possible rewards, I'm not convinced that a 6* champ helps them more than a 5* champ. And we aren't talking about swapping a 5* champ for a 6* champ either: we're almost certainly talking about the difference between 5k 5* shards and some much lower quantity of 6* shards, something between 1k and 2.5k. Let's say 2.5k. In this case, the difference in value is about two to one. Saying 2.5k 6* shards is worth more than 5k 5* shards is tantamount to saying one 6* champ is worth more than two 5* champs.

For me, it would be. But that's because I have almost all of the 5* champs. For a progressing player still working through Act 6, I doubt it. For the highest Cavaliers, probably. For the mid tier and lower Cavs, probably not.

And no, I don't want a tier for just the highest Cav players, any more than I want a tier for just the highest Uncollected players.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    The point is the cav process to TB is too long, i mean there are new cav, mid cav and cav who beat endgame content which create a huge gap between cav and TB, not like uncollect and cav
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    @Kabam Miike it’s sad that this is a reoccurring theme and not acknowledged by Kabam as something that needs to be addressed. The Limbo you’ve created for players in Act7 who aren’t TB is just ridiculous. There’s only one 5star in the game that is of any use to people stuck in my position and that’s Aegon so I don’t have to drop endless resources on the Abyss
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I honestly think Kabam is just trying to shift the "totem pole of power" too fast. There was no gradual increase to Thronebreaker while still rewarding Cav. It was just like Thronebreaker instantly got all the top tier things because they are at the top tier and Cavalier was given no opportunity to share some of that. This introduction of Thronebreaker has been kinda rough, hopefully they can also address the difference in cavalier people who just finished 6.1 and people who are already working on 7.1
  • Supermeno3Supermeno3 Posts: 1

UC and Cav got the same amount of shards... what the hell? I wasn't pissed when I first saw the 5k but knowing that I'm being put on the same level as UC's when I've done up to 7.1? That pisses me off.

We just got a big **** you cav from kabamm
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    I, as a uncollected, feel bad because of this thread.