**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Cavalier Difficulty in 2021 and Beyond - New Buffs for February!

Comments

• xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,000 ★★★★
    Elsa can have incinerate up only half the time ? Lol please play the hero before talking.
    You get your hellfire round ready almost at the same time the last one expires
    And for tech I can name p99, IMIW, mysterio, sentinel, Hulkbuster, doc oc, civil warrior, yondu..
    @Seriously you clearly don't know what you are talking about
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

"We love seeing videos of Angela dealing over 20 000 damage on a medium attack, or Scarlet Witch tearing through any obstacle in her path with massive Special Attack damage. That’s something that makes Cavalier Difficulty unique, and we won’t be changing that."

So is Angela still going to be doing over 20 000 damage on a medium attack?

Yes, when the current style of Cosmic node is in rotation. Just because they're adding more types of class specific nodes, doesn't mean they're removing the current ones completely.

Oh I missed that, thanks. So how often will Angela be useful? I literally only ranked her up for this.

I now have to also rank up a hulk, abom or man thing for science since beardo will be useless, falcon for skill since hit monkey and elsa will be useless, vision for tech since HB will be useless and probably a cosmic I haven't figured yet. I think there is nobody that useful for mystic.
    Hit monkey and Elsa will still be very good for the skill quest
    Nope. Not reliable evade counters. Elsa will only have incinerate up half the time and hit monkey likewise he only goes into his phase for a little bit when he is evaded or knocked down. They are still better than most anti evade champs but nowhere near as good as star they do now.
    Are you good? Try using elsa before saying that. I use her all the time for evade champs and the uptime of the incinerate and coldsnap is perfect. What you on about? Parry, medium,medium and they cant evade in the new cav eq. Also you have to manage them not dump 6 of them at start and wonder where they went
    I am very good. Probably better than you. And I play Elsa a lot more than you obviously. If you play her the way you say she willv eventually switch to coldsnap because she can't reliably parry. Her first parry can be evaded. So say bye bye bonus from incinerate. Plus learn to read. The point is she won't be as good as now. I don't have to "parry medium medium" or "manage her debuffs" now. Please keep your comments to yourself if you don't play the character. Thanks.
    This isn’t the hole you should be digging yourself into...
    I don’t play Elsa and know that she would work great here.
    Faseeh said:

xLunatiXx said:

And for tech I can name p99, IMIW, mysterio, sentinel, Hulkbuster, doc oc, civil warrior, yondu..

Im most excited to try sentinel out. He seems a solid candidate for it
    I got a fresh mysterio r5 that I'm really excited about ! Not a fan of sentinel playstyle
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Seriously said:

xNig said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

"We love seeing videos of Angela dealing over 20 000 damage on a medium attack, or Scarlet Witch tearing through any obstacle in her path with massive Special Attack damage. That’s something that makes Cavalier Difficulty unique, and we won’t be changing that."

So is Angela still going to be doing over 20 000 damage on a medium attack?

Yes, when the current style of Cosmic node is in rotation. Just because they're adding more types of class specific nodes, doesn't mean they're removing the current ones completely.

Oh I missed that, thanks. So how often will Angela be useful? I literally only ranked her up for this.

I now have to also rank up a hulk, abom or man thing for science since beardo will be useless, falcon for skill since hit monkey and elsa will be useless, vision for tech since HB will be useless and probably a cosmic I haven't figured yet. I think there is nobody that useful for mystic.
    Hulk/Abom will be useless with the new node unless you run resonate. Beardo is going to be still very useful.

Falcon will be of limited use but Elsa will be great.

Don’t jump to conclusions before trying to use them when the node is live.
    Sorry I think you are wrong. Beardo will be taking poison damage unless you have a skill in the team and happen no have charges up. Even then, the poison debuff will be eating your charges thus reducing your damage.

Elsa can only have incinerate up half the time. She is not a reliable evade counter. She won't be as good as now.

Not sure about Hulk and abom. They are poison immune, no? So no poison ticks, just the benefits.
    I did mention in the previous post that you might need to bring a Skill with Beardo. Even if he doesn't have that synergy, he takes 85% less damage from Poison, hence, will heal from it through willpower. Not to mention that with his playstyle, he will shrug off the poisons upon Parry/Dex so there's limited time for the poison to deal damage to him (if any at all), and the stun being a non-damaging debuff.

Hulk and Abom won't work without resonate. All 3 nodes occur at the same time, so they need to inflict a non-damaging debuff, which they can't, unless you're just gonna parry 3 hits for the entire fight.

With regards to Elsa, currently, the node requires the debuffs to expire before giving you the damage boost. The new node just requires parry-MM. Then a few combos will get you to 10 furies. It's MUCH faster to ramp up the damage and if you rotate between MLLLL and MLLLM, it's likely that you will down the defender before you finish your incinerate rounds.

The community is getting outraged over the smallest thing, like assuming Beardo will be useless and jumping to conclusions that they need to rank up Hulk/Abom to tackle the new Science node, before thinking about the interactions between the nodes and champs.
    Seriously said:

xNig said:

Andrario said:

Hey everybody, thank you all for the feedback. Please keep it coming, as it will help us improve Cavalier Difficulty as we move forward.

One thing I want to point out: With the addition of the new Buffs, we are not doing away with the older ones. Our goal is to create a pool of buffs to pick and choose from for Cavalier Difficulty, but still not as wide as what you might remember from Uncollected difficulty.

Your Champions you've ranked up are still going to help you in these Quests, but maybe not the same Champions every month.

I hope this clears that up a little bit.

This is ridicilous
    You have limited hero use in this one, escpecially some class like skill or tech one

What part of easy life you promise in dev diary kabam dont understand to implement ?

Skill and Tech?

There are so many decent counters for both.

Anyone with true strike for Skill will work, or anyone who can inflict disorientate, shock or incinerate. True strike is so prevalent for the skill class.

Tech, anyone who can heal block or armor break.

People need to stop regurgitating what YouTubers say and think of what suitable counters there are.
    Nobody in skill class can do all that without having to do quite a bit of fighting first. Until you get to your sp or whatever you are at the mercy of rng. Not sure how you find this fun.

Similarly for tech. Very few have reliable heal block or armor break.
    Parry MLM to get to your sp. Defenders don't evade when stunned. I don't think that's too much to ask for. That's assuming they don't apply Incinerate/Coldsnap/Shock/Disorientate on their basic attacks, or have inherent True Strike on them like Night Trasher.

Tech wise..
    Sentinel - SP1 Armor Break + Heal Block
    Mysterio - MLLLL Heal Block
    IMIW - SP1/Heavy Armor Break + Heal Block
    Hulkbuster - SP1 Armor Break
    Both Visions - SP1/2 Heal Block
    Warlock - Heal Block + SP2 Armor Break

If you're doing Cavalier, you're telling me you have NONE of them ranked up, especially given that all of them are very good champs? Just because their name isn't Ghost doesn't mean they're useless.
    Faseeh said:

xLunatiXx said:

Faseeh said:

xLunatiXx said:

Im most excited to try sentinel out. He seems a solid candidate for it
    I got a fresh mysterio r5 that I'm really excited about ! Not a fan of sentinel playstyle
    Would love me a mysterio i hv tech gem for him. With sentinel i like the incinerates ;)
    Was contemplating whether or not to R3 him... Still abit iffy about his overall balance between his Utility and his damage.

• @kabam John originally posted that they would be moving away from these buffs in 2021

@Kabam Miike posted that these buffs wouldn’t be going anywhere. But wouldn’t be the same each month.
    Seems a little contradictory. Can we confirm what was meant by the two different posts by chance? Thank you
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

@kabam John originally posted that they would be moving away from these buffs in 2021

@Kabam Miike posted that these buffs wouldn’t be going anywhere. But wouldn’t be the same each month.
    Seems a little contradictory. Can we confirm what was meant by the two different posts by chance? Thank you

Disstrack and Buffed up aren't anything to do with the the class specific nodes. So there's no contradiction there.
  • @ItsDamien thank you for the response. So to further clear things up for me....are nodes like diss track and bufffed up going to continue to be used during the cavalier monthly quest?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

@ItsDamien thank you for the response. So to further clear things up for me....are nodes like diss track and bufffed up going to continue to be used during the cavalier monthly quest?

They'll probably still appear once in a while, but they won't be there every single month like they have been.
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103

Science: I like this one. All the hulks could benefit from it including OG Hulk. Additionally poison immunity is one of the more common immunities, so I don't think this will be much of a problem.

Tech: The key here it seems is to use tech champs with atleast a heal block or armor break. This includes Civil Warrior, Doc Ock, HB, IMIW, Iron Patriot, Punisher 2099, Rocket, Sentinel, Vision AoU, Warlock and Yondu. The pool does seem big here but most of these have heal block and armor break on specials so not the best options but could potentially work. Only time will tell although other champs that have some way to reduce the regen could work.

Cosmic: Armor break is important here, so Air-Walker, Annihilus, Black Bolt, CMM, Corvus, CGR, Cull, Hyperion, King Groot, Medusa, Silver Surfer, Terrax, Venom and Aarkus can all benefit from the node. Additionally, the node doesn't punish other attackers much so they could all work. Not a problem here.

Skill: Falcon, Mole God, Nick and Hit-Monkey can take advantage of the node without a chance to get screwed over I guess. Additionally, Elsa and Massacre can also work. The pool of champs this node benefits isn't much strangely but atleast evade countering is more common these days.

Mutant: Again, mutant benefits the most from this with Apoco, Prof X, both mags, Sunspot, Gambit, Jubilee, Emma, Havok and literally any horseman benefiting from this. Additionally, all other mutants have a chance to work and regen is fairly easy to counter.

Mystic: Nullify heavy champs will work well here with Claire, Doom, Maw, Juggs, Sassy, Jane Foster and the Hood also working. Additionally, any champ with slow can work here although this node is more restrictive than others.

Honestly speaking, the pool of champions benefitting the nodes is bigger than expected and the change in nodes is a refreshing change for endgame players. The only thing is that majority of us wanted a rewards change. Kabam did say about valuing our time investment more though.

This is a great list The_Sentry06 and I am going to add a few more options to some of the classes. Not that these are all going to be great, but the conditions are wider than people might think.

Science: As you said, all the Hulks plus original Abomination are Poison Immune, any other Science can shrug Poison off pretty easily. I think the potency reduction will make it top out around 60 damage per stack per half second in Chapter 3 quests? (Based this on an attack value of 8000 being reduced to 60 per tick, someone correct me if I'm wrong there). Liquid Courage or even Willpower on its own will be great for Science champs. Immortal Abomination will... not work very well. The 50% Weakness looks worse than it is; the first hits after a parry will not have the weakness, and getting half damage when without a non-damaging debuff is better than zero damage for < 3 debuffs to me.

Tech: You want Armor Break or Heal Block: Civil Warrior (Heavy), Doc Ock (Chem breakthrough), Hulkbuster (Specials), IMIW (Heavy?/SP3), Iron Man (Specials), Iron Patriot (SP1/SP2), Mysterio (combo), Punisher 2099 (Automatic), Red Skull (Heavy while stunned), Rocket (SP2/SP3), Sentinel (SP1), Vision AoU (Specials Conditional), Warlock (SP2 and presumably Infection), Yondu (SP1). Not all winners but enough that people can get by.

Cosmic: Your list above is great and there are a lot of top-tier options with Armor Break in their tool kit.

Skill: Besides Skill champs with Disorient/Incinerate/Shock, there's all the other ways to avoid Evade including attacking while stunned, True Strike/Accuracy, Coldsnap, and Slow. Not all of these will get the Furies or are ideal, though: Aegon (technically but getting 150 combo seems out of reach), BW:DO, Crossbones (SP2), Elektra (DAAR if you can debuff), Elsa, Falcon, Gwenpool (SP1), Hit-Monkey, Karnak (SP1), Killmonger (intercept), Korg (SP1 can't be evaded), Masacre (SP3, probably hard to ignite bat), Mole Man, Nick Fury (SP1 or enough charges), Night Thrasher (SP1 and skateboard attacks), Ronin (SP1, Wraith stance has DAAR), Stealth Spidey (Slow cartridge)

Mutant: You covered Prowess champs but not Regen or Heal Block. Though you might have some times where you can't do anything about your attacks being regen'ed: Apocalypse, Archangel (Neurotoxin), Deadpool, Emma, Gambit, Goldpool (low health), Havok, Jubilee, Mags (either), OML, Platpool (low health), Prof X, Sabretooth, Storm PX, Sunspot, Wolverines (OG/Weapon X/X-23), and anyone as a Horseman. Not sure if Bishop or Mutant Agenda synergy will count (maybe Bishop, synergy doubtful). Rogue may be able to steal a regen and keep it but I wouldn't count on it.

Mystic: Pretty self-explanatory. I would add Mojo (reduce Unstoppable length) and Sorceror Supreme (Slow) to your list of Claire, Doom, Maw, Juggs, Sassy, Jane Foster and the Hood.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    ZeiramMR said:

Science: I like this one. All the hulks could benefit from it including OG Hulk. Additionally poison immunity is one of the more common immunities, so I don't think this will be much of a problem.

Tech: The key here it seems is to use tech champs with atleast a heal block or armor break. This includes Civil Warrior, Doc Ock, HB, IMIW, Iron Patriot, Punisher 2099, Rocket, Sentinel, Vision AoU, Warlock and Yondu. The pool does seem big here but most of these have heal block and armor break on specials so not the best options but could potentially work. Only time will tell although other champs that have some way to reduce the regen could work.

Cosmic: Armor break is important here, so Air-Walker, Annihilus, Black Bolt, CMM, Corvus, CGR, Cull, Hyperion, King Groot, Medusa, Silver Surfer, Terrax, Venom and Aarkus can all benefit from the node. Additionally, the node doesn't punish other attackers much so they could all work. Not a problem here.

Skill: Falcon, Mole God, Nick and Hit-Monkey can take advantage of the node without a chance to get screwed over I guess. Additionally, Elsa and Massacre can also work. The pool of champs this node benefits isn't much strangely but atleast evade countering is more common these days.

Mutant: Again, mutant benefits the most from this with Apoco, Prof X, both mags, Sunspot, Gambit, Jubilee, Emma, Havok and literally any horseman benefiting from this. Additionally, all other mutants have a chance to work and regen is fairly easy to counter.

Mystic: Nullify heavy champs will work well here with Claire, Doom, Maw, Juggs, Sassy, Jane Foster and the Hood also working. Additionally, any champ with slow can work here although this node is more restrictive than others.

Honestly speaking, the pool of champions benefitting the nodes is bigger than expected and the change in nodes is a refreshing change for endgame players. The only thing is that majority of us wanted a rewards change. Kabam did say about valuing our time investment more though.

This is a great list The_Sentry06 and I am going to add a few more options to some of the classes. Not that these are all going to be great, but the conditions are wider than people might think.

Science: As you said, all the Hulks plus original Abomination are Poison Immune, any other Science can shrug Poison off pretty easily. I think the potency reduction will make it top out around 60 damage per stack per half second in Chapter 3 quests? (Based this on an attack value of 8000 being reduced to 60 per tick, someone correct me if I'm wrong there). Liquid Courage or even Willpower on its own will be great for Science champs. Immortal Abomination will... not work very well. The 50% Weakness looks worse than it is; the first hits after a parry will not have the weakness, and getting half damage when without a non-damaging debuff is better than zero damage for < 3 debuffs to me.

Tech: You want Armor Break or Heal Block: Civil Warrior (Heavy), Doc Ock (Chem breakthrough), Hulkbuster (Specials), IMIW (Heavy?/SP3), Iron Man (Specials), Iron Patriot (SP1/SP2), Mysterio (combo), Punisher 2099 (Automatic), Red Skull (Heavy while stunned), Rocket (SP2/SP3), Sentinel (SP1), Vision AoU (Specials Conditional), Warlock (SP2 and presumably Infection), Yondu (SP1). Not all winners but enough that people can get by.

Cosmic: Your list above is great and there are a lot of top-tier options with Armor Break in their tool kit.

Skill: Besides Skill champs with Disorient/Incinerate/Shock, there's all the other ways to avoid Evade including attacking while stunned, True Strike/Accuracy, Coldsnap, and Slow. Not all of these will get the Furies or are ideal, though: Aegon (technically but getting 150 combo seems out of reach), BW:DO, Crossbones (SP2), Elektra (DAAR if you can debuff), Elsa, Falcon, Gwenpool (SP1), Hit-Monkey, Karnak (SP1), Killmonger (intercept), Korg (SP1 can't be evaded), Masacre (SP3, probably hard to ignite bat), Mole Man, Nick Fury (SP1 or enough charges), Night Thrasher (SP1 and skateboard attacks), Ronin (SP1, Wraith stance has DAAR), Stealth Spidey (Slow cartridge)

Mutant: You covered Prowess champs but not Regen or Heal Block. Though you might have some times where you can't do anything about your attacks being regen'ed: Apocalypse, Archangel (Neurotoxin), Deadpool, Emma, Gambit, Goldpool (low health), Havok, Jubilee, Mags (either), OML, Platpool (low health), Prof X, Sabretooth, Storm PX, Sunspot, Wolverines (OG/Weapon X/X-23), and anyone as a Horseman. Not sure if Bishop or Mutant Agenda synergy will count (maybe Bishop, synergy doubtful). Rogue may be able to steal a regen and keep it but I wouldn't count on it.

Mystic: Pretty self-explanatory. I would add Mojo (reduce Unstoppable length) and Sorceror Supreme (Slow) to your list of Claire, Doom, Maw, Juggs, Sassy, Jane Foster and the Hood.
    Never considered those... Good idea.
    ItsDamien said:

Just change it back, nobody wants this

I want it. Your argument is now invalid.
    The new nodes look pretty interesting tbh. I’m just wondering what whonky defender combinations there can be to make it at least a little more challenging.
  • KibiKibi Posts: 57
    edited January 2021
    xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

The new nodes look pretty interesting tbh. I’m just wondering what whonky defender combinations there can be to make it at least a little more challenging.
    you want it more challenging with these weak rewards? it already takes like 6+ hours to grind thru it, and will take longer now. for people with limited rosters it will be back to 10 hours of clearing..
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

you want it more challenging with these weak rewards? it already takes like 6+ hours to grind thru it, and will take longer now. for people with limited rosters it will be back to 10 hours of clearing..
    with the right counters, the cav eq takes me shorter than uncollected
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Lol you get 1/2 a 6* plus more than a 5* for minimal challenge and effort. At least this increase in the challenge makes the "grind" fun.
  • KibiKibi Posts: 57

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Considering it's not even remotely challenging now? Absolutely.

Some of us actually enjoy the act of playing the game
    well, have you considered that not everyone is like you and that this is a monthly event quest? and not permanent content? you know people have lives and jobs and families right?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Kibi said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Considering it's not even remotely challenging now? Absolutely.

Some of us actually enjoy the act of playing the game
    well, have you considered that not everyone is like you and that this is a monthly event quest? and not permanent content? you know people have lives and jobs and families right?
    And that stops you from setting aside 6 hours spread across the entire month because?

Even if we ignore the time requirement (especially because it’s irrelevant), it doesn’t change the fact that the whole quest is dull because it’s too easy.