**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Cavalier Difficulty in 2021 and Beyond - New Buffs for February!

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Just change it back, nobody wants this

I want it. Your argument is now invalid.
    The new nodes look pretty interesting tbh. I’m just wondering what whonky defender combinations there can be to make it at least a little more challenging.
    you want it more challenging with these weak rewards? it already takes like 6+ hours to grind thru it, and will take longer now. for people with limited rosters it will be back to 10 hours of clearing..
    with the right counters, the cav eq takes me shorter than uncollected
    wow you must really suck if you can't beat uncollected faster than cav. I mean I literally 3-4 combo most fights in UC.
    You must really suck if you still don't accept that coldsnap mode on Elsa will prevent evade....

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Kibi said:

DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

The new nodes look pretty interesting tbh. I’m just wondering what whonky defender combinations there can be to make it at least a little more challenging.
    you want it more challenging with these weak rewards? it already takes like 6+ hours to grind thru it, and will take longer now. for people with limited rosters it will be back to 10 hours of clearing..
    The rewards aren't "weak." But since that's subjective, let's set that aside. Do I want CavEQ more challenging? Yes, because of the alternative. The alternative is not for CavEQ to just remain static forever, any more than the alternative is to go to sleep and have the Cavalier rewards automatically added to your account in the morning when you wake up. The choice is between the kind of difficulty scaling we used to have and the kind we have now. The kind we used to have was to just crank the numbers higher and higher until they killed you. You don't need to adjust those, because Big Numbers kills everything eventually. This sucks.

The alternative is the world we're living in now, a world I strongly advocated for at least in general terms and one I think most players prefer. Instead of forcing players to bash their way past Big Numbers, the devs are spending a lot more time trying to make challenges that can be countered or mitigated with roster options and strategic gameplay. And for that to work, the design can't be static or everyone will just rank up the one counter necessary, learn the playstyle, and that content is permanently neutered. And it becomes way too boring for players with even above average skill and roster. So the content is going to be more dynamic so the difficulty doesn't fall into very trivial holes.

It is not as difficult and challenging as the highest tier players want, and it is not as easy as the players who want to just fall into a routine want, but it is superior to the alternative we used to have, and it targets the moderate middle reasonably well. There's always going to be debate over the details, but in overall concept yes, this is how I want content difficulty to be managed.

Or we can quadruple attack and health and most Cavalier players will be spending cash to clear it until 8* champs come out. I think not having the "right" counters but having hope that one day they will pull them is way better than the alternative, because nobody one day pulls the right champ to deal with 20000 attack.

Having to hear people complain about these nodes being unfair and those changes being unfair and this design "penalizes" players too much is the price to pay to make this content more accessible in the long run to more players, who may not even know or realize what the doomsday alternative they could have been facing was. And that's fine by me. It is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
    blah blah blah still doesnt make sense since increasing challenge = increasing time to complete. I don't know how much free time u got on your hands to make that math make sense..
    Actually, increasing the challenge of the content doesn't always increase the amount of time to complete it. In fact I often find some of the most straight forward high tier content to take forever to finish specifically because it is straight forward, while the more complex challenging content can be defeated much more quickly specifically because the higher difficulty has more avenues to beat with skill or strategic roster choice rather than just grinding through it.

"Increasing challenge = increasing time to complete" is not math. It is misunderstanding.
  • KibiKibi Posts: 57

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

wow you must really suck if you can't beat uncollected faster than cav. I mean I literally 3-4 combo most fights in UC.
    You must really suck if you still don't accept that coldsnap mode on Elsa will prevent evade....

yeah for 5 seconds lol. Noob go beat master mode.
    Youre either a massive troll or really bad at the game. With BWDO or Ronin, Skill cav eq(for example) is faster than uc.
    soooo 2 viable options? cool cool... makes sense to regress even though people ranked champions specifically for cav eq.
    DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

The rewards aren't "weak." But since that's subjective, let's set that aside. Do I want CavEQ more challenging? Yes, because of the alternative. The alternative is not for CavEQ to just remain static forever, any more than the alternative is to go to sleep and have the Cavalier rewards automatically added to your account in the morning when you wake up. The choice is between the kind of difficulty scaling we used to have and the kind we have now. The kind we used to have was to just crank the numbers higher and higher until they killed you. You don't need to adjust those, because Big Numbers kills everything eventually. This sucks.

The alternative is the world we're living in now, a world I strongly advocated for at least in general terms and one I think most players prefer. Instead of forcing players to bash their way past Big Numbers, the devs are spending a lot more time trying to make challenges that can be countered or mitigated with roster options and strategic gameplay. And for that to work, the design can't be static or everyone will just rank up the one counter necessary, learn the playstyle, and that content is permanently neutered. And it becomes way too boring for players with even above average skill and roster. So the content is going to be more dynamic so the difficulty doesn't fall into very trivial holes.

It is not as difficult and challenging as the highest tier players want, and it is not as easy as the players who want to just fall into a routine want, but it is superior to the alternative we used to have, and it targets the moderate middle reasonably well. There's always going to be debate over the details, but in overall concept yes, this is how I want content difficulty to be managed.

Or we can quadruple attack and health and most Cavalier players will be spending cash to clear it until 8* champs come out. I think not having the "right" counters but having hope that one day they will pull them is way better than the alternative, because nobody one day pulls the right champ to deal with 20000 attack.

Having to hear people complain about these nodes being unfair and those changes being unfair and this design "penalizes" players too much is the price to pay to make this content more accessible in the long run to more players, who may not even know or realize what the doomsday alternative they could have been facing was. And that's fine by me. It is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
    blah blah blah still doesnt make sense since increasing challenge = increasing time to complete. I don't know how much free time u got on your hands to make that math make sense..
    Actually, increasing the challenge of the content doesn't always increase the amount of time to complete it. In fact I often find some of the most straight forward high tier content to take forever to finish specifically because it is straight forward, while the more complex challenging content can be defeated much more quickly specifically because the higher difficulty has more avenues to beat with skill or strategic roster choice rather than just grinding through it.

"Increasing challenge = increasing time to complete" is not math. It is misunderstanding.
    agreed. i have zero issues with a "different" approach as long as the difficulty averages out to be the same, or easier, as has been traditionally done with monthly eq's.

as it stands right now, it appears that the specific class options have been cut down severely, or at least significantly.
    am I way off base here?

Kibi said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

I did 100%. And 100% UC. And 100% Cav. About 7 paths away from 100% Heroic too.

I guess you just scraped through doing Cav EQ this month. Did you use all your revives this month to do it?
    well like everything else you did, you guessed wrong

and easy there with all the flexing bro, I mean you just need 7 paths for 100% heroic wow respect lol

dude, cav is easy but no way easier than UC. if you or your boyfriend find UC easier than cav then you are obviously noobs, nothing wrong with that we have all been there etc dont feel bad
    Says the guy who literally thanked me for the information about Angela earlier on in this thread after "just ranking her up for Cav EQ" to get through it.

Get outta here scrub.
    look I am trying to make noobs feel good so I said thanks. your advise was clueless.

calling me scrub but struggling to finish UC faster than cav? yeah right bro lol
    Takes me longer to finish UC because:

1. I put it on autofight.
    2. I don't use energy refills on UC.

Also don't try and backtrack, your post history is right there. Don't even try and say "Oh I was being sarcastic" considering you asked a follow up question to that response as well. What are you, 12 years old? Actually that's an insult to 12 year olds.
    you beat UC on auto? you must have at least 6r6 or something..
    No. I just have good champs ranked up for all situations. I don't just rank up what a YouTuber tells me is good and get disappointed when I can't play as well as them.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Kibi said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Youre either a massive troll or really bad at the game. With BWDO or Ronin, Skill cav eq(for example) is faster than uc.
    soooo 2 viable options? cool cool... makes sense to regress even though people ranked champions specifically for cav eq.
    There are more. But those are two good ones and champs that you wont regret ranking.
    Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

post a vid of a cav path and I will do the same of uc. what u betting mine will be 2 times faster? At least.
    Path was sub 6 minutes, then i screwed around with the boss. Coulda been faster with suicides and synergies.
    https://youtu.be/rmIjEiKnq9k

Kibi said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

There are more. But those are two good ones and champs that you wont regret ranking.
    umm what?? i will 100% regret ranking Ronin. especially for 1 quest that's he is good for once a month. what world do you live in? there are skill options that are good to great in several scenarios. you are bending over backwards to justify this poorly thought out move. do you work for kabam?
    ItsDamien said:

Kibi said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

I guess you just scraped through doing Cav EQ this month. Did you use all your revives this month to do it?

and easy there with all the flexing bro, I mean you just need 7 paths for 100% heroic wow respect lol

dude, cav is easy but no way easier than UC. if you or your boyfriend find UC easier than cav then you are obviously noobs, nothing wrong with that we have all been there etc dont feel bad
    Says the guy who literally thanked me for the information about Angela earlier on in this thread after "just ranking her up for Cav EQ" to get through it.

Get outta here scrub.
    look I am trying to make noobs feel good so I said thanks. your advise was clueless.

calling me scrub but struggling to finish UC faster than cav? yeah right bro lol

Also don't try and backtrack, your post history is right there. Don't even try and say "Oh I was being sarcastic" considering you asked a follow up question to that response as well. What are you, 12 years old? Actually that's an insult to 12 year olds.
    you beat UC on auto? you must have at least 6r6 or something..
    No. I just have good champs ranked up for all situations. I don't just rank up what a YouTuber tells me is good and get disappointed when I can't play as well as them.
    Dude you do not have the roster to auto UC. At best, you auto thru Chapter 2, and even that's risky af. Ask me how I know...
    Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Get outta here scrub.
    look I am trying to make noobs feel good so I said thanks. your advise was clueless. Angela dos clear the cosmic path faster than any other champ. you should rank her up :lol: oh wait!!!

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Get outta here scrub.

backtrack on what? you gave me the wrong info. I obviously didn't know it at the time. Actually you didn't really give any info you just said what you THOUGHT would happen and presented it as fact. I was just nice and didn't tell you to stop wasting people's time. But really if you don't know something you shouldn't be "trying to help". It is counterproductive.

And hold on. How is using autofight (which i think is BS btw) an indication that cav is easier than UC? The guy clearly implies that he can do CAV FASTER because champs make it so not SOONER because he does a path a day and doesn't use energy boosts.

And wow! You called me on my age! A really mature thing to do right? The irony! :lol:

First bit of information I gave you was completely correct. Second bit was my own speculation, which I also stated and you acknowledged.

The beneficial nodes and gaining massive furies on the class specific nodes make the fights go MUCH faster in Cav EQ compared to UC.

Also yes, I am calling you on your age, because acting like you're under 13 is really suspect, and leads me to believe that if you are indeed under the age of 13, you shouldn’t be on the forums or on the game for that matter.

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

post a vid of a cav path and I will do the same of uc. what u betting mine will be 2 times faster? At least.
    Path was sub 6 minutes, then i screwed around with the boss. Coulda been faster with suicides and synergies.
    a few points:

1) easy path
    2) you obviously enjoy the character. I don't (have a duped 6* ar r1 used for arenas only) I could expands but I just dont enjoy the sweaty gameplay.
    3) yours is r3. I dont think many can relate and pull the trigger on this champ. I could be wrong tho..
    4) I will reference this video in the future if i change my mind you obviously know what you're doing with this champ.
    Kibi said:

Kibi said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

umm what?? i will 100% regret ranking Ronin. especially for 1 quest that's he is good for once a month. what world do you live in? there are skill options that are good to great in several scenarios. you are bending over backwards to justify this poorly thought out move. do you work for kabam?
    You must not know how to play him. I have him 5/65 and got his 6* afterwards, which is now r3. No regrets, i used him a ton in act 7, act 6, and ive used him in war. He hits like a bus and has some niche utility. Maybe learn to use a champ before judging them.

Kibi said:

Kibi said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

You must not know how to play him. I have him 5/65 and got his 6* afterwards, which is now r3. No regrets, i used him a ton in act 7, act 6, and ive used him in war. He hits like a bus and has some niche utility. Maybe learn to use a champ before judging them.
    I absolutely dont know how to play him because I do not enjoy playing him. at all. and I've tried. but like my other post says i'll keep your gameplay in mind.

however that's still 1 champ, whereas current node setup allows for a way bigger selection.
    Kibi said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

a few points:

1) easy path
    2) you obviously enjoy the character. I don't (have a duped 6* ar r1 used for arenas only) I could expands but I just dont enjoy the sweaty gameplay.
    3) yours is r3. I dont think many can relate and pull the trigger on this champ. I could be wrong tho..
    4) I will reference this video in the future if i change my mind you obviously know what you're doing with this champ.
    1)and? healthpools are the same size.
    2)Yep. Sweaty- or skilled- or just knowing how to play him.
    3)i can do the 5/65? The damage is gonna put me at about 7 minutes still. Also, i know i think 4 people on the forums with his r3 including myself. He is better with suicides.
    4)cool
    Kibi said:

Kibi said:

Kibi said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

I absolutely dont know how to play him because I do not enjoy playing him. at all. and I've tried. but like my other post says i'll keep your gameplay in mind.

however that's still 1 champ, whereas current node setup allows for a way bigger selection.
    Fair enough. Most people dont enjoy his play, which i get.

True, i dont mind the new nodes. I liked these, but change is cool too.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

"We love seeing videos of Angela dealing over 20 000 damage on a medium attack, or Scarlet Witch tearing through any obstacle in her path with massive Special Attack damage. That’s something that makes Cavalier Difficulty unique, and we won’t be changing that."

So is Angela still going to be doing over 20 000 damage on a medium attack?

Yes, when the current style of Cosmic node is in rotation. Just because they're adding more types of class specific nodes, doesn't mean they're removing the current ones completely.

Oh I missed that, thanks. So how often will Angela be useful? I literally only ranked her up for this.

I now have to also rank up a hulk, abom or man thing for science since beardo will be useless, falcon for skill since hit monkey and elsa will be useless, vision for tech since HB will be useless and probably a cosmic I haven't figured yet. I think there is nobody that useful for mystic.
    Hit monkey and Elsa will still be very good for the skill quest
    Nope. Not reliable evade counters. Elsa will only have incinerate up half the time and hit monkey likewise he only goes into his phase for a little bit when he is evaded or knocked down. They are still better than most anti evade champs but nowhere near as good as star they do now.
    Are you good? Try using elsa before saying that. I use her all the time for evade champs and the uptime of the incinerate and coldsnap is perfect. What you on about? Parry, medium,medium and they cant evade in the new cav eq. Also you have to manage them not dump 6 of them at start and wonder where they went
    I am very good. Probably better than you. And I play Elsa a lot more than you obviously. If you play her the way you say she willv eventually switch to coldsnap because she can't reliably parry. Her first parry can be evaded. So say bye bye bonus from incinerate. Plus learn to read. The point is she won't be as good as now. I don't have to "parry medium medium" or "manage her debuffs" now. Please keep your comments to yourself if you don't play the character. Thanks.
    So what if she switches to coldsnap? If you read the skill eq nodes it says you get a fury if it shows "evade failed" so in the end you get the same thing which is increased attack and quick fight
    Mate I don't think you get the point. If she

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

"We love seeing videos of Angela dealing over 20 000 damage on a medium attack, or Scarlet Witch tearing through any obstacle in her path with massive Special Attack damage. That’s something that makes Cavalier Difficulty unique, and we won’t be changing that."

Yes, when the current style of Cosmic node is in rotation. Just because they're adding more types of class specific nodes, doesn't mean they're removing the current ones completely.

Oh I missed that, thanks. So how often will Angela be useful? I literally only ranked her up for this.

I now have to also rank up a hulk, abom or man thing for science since beardo will be useless, falcon for skill since hit monkey and elsa will be useless, vision for tech since HB will be useless and probably a cosmic I haven't figured yet. I think there is nobody that useful for mystic.
    Nope. Not reliable evade counters. Elsa will only have incinerate up half the time and hit monkey likewise he only goes into his phase for a little bit when he is evaded or knocked down. They are still better than most anti evade champs but nowhere near as good as star they do now.
    Congrats on being wrong.
    Post a video where your Elsa reliably stops evade in a long fight. You have no clue. Even landing the second medium can be evaded. Learn how to play the game first.

Also how am i wrong about them not being as good as now? I don't have to "manage charges" "parry medium medium" or worry about being evaded in every fight. You are clearly a clueless noob.
    Not the player who doesn't know anything about the game calling others "noobs".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83och-UrEo

Ah. I love to see how wrong people are.

Kibi said:

Kibi said:

Kibi said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Fair enough. Most people dont enjoy his play, which i get.

True, i dont mind the new nodes. I liked these, but change is cool too.
    if they sprinkle it in here and there i guess it's not a big pain. I just dont see the point in ostracizing a large pool of champs for the sake of *new and fresh* nodes. seems like going backwards not forwards.

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Are you good? Try using elsa before saying that. I use her all the time for evade champs and the uptime of the incinerate and coldsnap is perfect. What you on about? Parry, medium,medium and they cant evade in the new cav eq. Also you have to manage them not dump 6 of them at start and wonder where they went
    I am very good. Probably better than you. And I play Elsa a lot more than you obviously. If you play her the way you say she willv eventually switch to coldsnap because she can't reliably parry. Her first parry can be evaded. So say bye bye bonus from incinerate. Plus learn to read. The point is she won't be as good as now. I don't have to "parry medium medium" or "manage her debuffs" now. Please keep your comments to yourself if you don't play the character. Thanks.
    So what if she switches to coldsnap? If you read the skill eq nodes it says you get a fury if it shows "evade failed" so in the end you get the same thing which is increased attack and quick fight

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Congrats on being wrong.
    Post a video where your Elsa reliably stops evade in a long fight. You have no clue. Even landing the second medium can be evaded. Learn how to play the game first.

Also how am i wrong about them not being as good as now? I don't have to "manage charges" "parry medium medium" or worry about being evaded in every fight. You are clearly a clueless noob.

dude that's pretty good but she's like a crappy iceman. I mean you can get it done if you have to use her, but there are better options. i have a 5r5 elsa but i didnt rank her to counter evaders.
    Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Get outta here scrub.
    look I am trying to make noobs feel good so I said thanks. your advise was clueless. Angela dos clear the cosmic path faster than any other champ. you should rank her up :lol: oh wait!!!

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

Get outta here scrub.

backtrack on what? you gave me the wrong info. I obviously didn't know it at the time. Actually you didn't really give any info you just said what you THOUGHT would happen and presented it as fact. I was just nice and didn't tell you to stop wasting people's time. But really if you don't know something you shouldn't be "trying to help". It is counterproductive.

And hold on. How is using autofight (which i think is BS btw) an indication that cav is easier than UC? The guy clearly implies that he can do CAV FASTER because champs make it so not SOONER because he does a path a day and doesn't use energy boosts.

And wow! You called me on my age! A really mature thing to do right? The irony! :lol:

First bit of information I gave you was completely correct. Second bit was my own speculation, which I also stated and you acknowledged.

The beneficial nodes and gaining massive furies on the class specific nodes make the fights go MUCH faster in Cav EQ compared to UC.

Also yes, I am calling you on your age, because acting like you're under 13 is really suspect, and leads me to believe that if you are indeed under the age of 13, you shouldn’t be on the forums or on the game for that matter.
    How often will angela be useful?
    Angela is useful. Saying otherwise shows a complete lack of skill/experience.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Skill already sucked as a class. It’s disappointing to see such a niche buff.
    Seriously said:

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Congrats on being wrong.

if you dont see the moment in this fight where you got lucky, what can I say?

He doesn't have coldsnap all the time and you do the evade/parry thing. he could have evaded that. You were just lucky not reliable.

Also coldsnap does less damage than her incinerates. so she wont be as good. I know it is hard to comprehend but I am happy to keep explaining.
    Where did I get lucky? I would love for you to explain that to me. Evading a Counterattack actually doesn't leave you open for an attack, so everything that I did wasn't "lucky" in the sense that he could've retaliated.

So if someone can't counter Evade in any scenario, they're not a reliable Evade counter? That's a laughable statement.

Ghost is one of the best Evade counters, and she can't always counter Evade. Falcon's Recon doesn't have 100% up-time. NF can be pushed over his Evade-counter phase. You're saying that they're all not reliable?
    Seriously said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Congrats on being wrong.

if you dont see the moment in this fight where you got lucky, what can I say?

He doesn't have coldsnap all the time and you do the evade/parry thing. he could have evaded that. You were just lucky not reliable.

Also coldsnap does less damage than her incinerates. so she wont be as good. I know it is hard to comprehend but I am happy to keep explaining.

oh and another thing. he doesn't have 50% chance to evade.
    And? That affects the falsity of the statement "Elsa is not a reliable Evade counter" in what way?
    Kibi said:

DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

agreed. i have zero issues with a "different" approach as long as the difficulty averages out to be the same, or easier, as has been traditionally done with monthly eq's.

as it stands right now, it appears that the specific class options have been cut down severely, or at least significantly.
    am I way off base here?
    it is hard to say with certainty. There's two issues: how restricted are the options, and how good the opportunities are. For example, the options seem much better for Cosmic as eliminating buffed up basically opens the door to using anything, so I would think that while some players might slow down a bit in the cosmic map if they had optimal options for that, most players will probably speed up. You could say similar for Science losing Diss Track. Tech seems narrower, as you could just ignore the current tech buffs but you're going to want to deal with the new tech heal, although high burst damage champs can probably deal with that level of healing. Mutant seems better, seeing red ironically didn't benefit bleed immune Mutants so ironically two really good Mutants players were likely to have ranked up - Colossus and Iceman - didn't benefit from Seeing Red's prowess. The new one benefits basically all mutants and fury is more universal than prowess for damage increase. I'm not sure about Mystic. Unstoppable is annoying but a ton of mystic champs can nullify or stagger that off. And I think Skill seems to be more problematic.

Three classes seem to have much wider options: Cosmic, Science, and to a lesser degree Mutant. Tech and Skill seem narrower to me at the moment, and Mystic seems to be a bit of a toss up.

I honestly haven't put much thought into whether the optimal roster options have gotten better or worse. So I can't answer the separate question of whether easy became easier: whether the best you can do with one class is higher than the worst you might do with another class. That will probably take playtesting to really know.

My guess is that players with wide rosters will get through the new nodes just as fast, maybe a little faster, in terms of overall exploration. Players with very narrow rosters will have a harder time. And everyone in the middle will see varying degrees of this. Which is almost certainly intentional: as players build up roster they should see a noticeable improvement in their ability to clear Cavalier, without it being all or nothing. It used to be that some paths you could do and some paths you couldn't do; there were the easy paths and the hard paths and some people just got roadblocked by the hard ones. This seems to be slightly more graceful to me, where while some paths are easier and some harder, its more likely that some paths will be faster and some paths will be slower, but still doable.
    Kibi said:

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Faseeh said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

Seriously said:

ItsDamien said:

Seriously said:

Congrats on being wrong.

dude that's pretty good but she's like a crappy iceman. I mean you can get it done if you have to use her, but there are better options. i have a 5r5 elsa but i didnt rank her to counter evaders.
    Oh, I'm not saying that she's the best Evade counter. However, saying that she's not reliable is just a completely false statement.
    DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

am I way off base here?
    it is hard to say with certainty. There's two issues: how restricted are the options, and how good the opportunities are. For example, the options seem much better for Cosmic as eliminating buffed up basically opens the door to using anything, so I would think that while some players might slow down a bit in the cosmic map if they had optimal options for that, most players will probably speed up. You could say similar for Science losing Diss Track. Tech seems narrower, as you could just ignore the current tech buffs but you're going to want to deal with the new tech heal, although high burst damage champs can probably deal with that level of healing. Mutant seems better, seeing red ironically didn't benefit bleed immune Mutants so ironically two really good Mutants players were likely to have ranked up - Colossus and Iceman - didn't benefit from Seeing Red's prowess. The new one benefits basically all mutants and fury is more universal than prowess for damage increase. I'm not sure about Mystic. Unstoppable is annoying but a ton of mystic champs can nullify or stagger that off. And I think Skill seems to be more problematic.

Three classes seem to have much wider options: Cosmic, Science, and to a lesser degree Mutant. Tech and Skill seem narrower to me at the moment, and Mystic seems to be a bit of a toss up.

I honestly haven't put much thought into whether the optimal roster options have gotten better or worse. So I can't answer the separate question of whether easy became easier: whether the best you can do with one class is higher than the worst you might do with another class. That will probably take playtesting to really know.

My guess is that players with wide rosters will get through the new nodes just as fast, maybe a little faster, in terms of overall exploration. Players with very narrow rosters will have a harder time. And everyone in the middle will see varying degrees of this. Which is almost certainly intentional: as players build up roster they should see a noticeable improvement in their ability to clear Cavalier, without it being all or nothing. It used to be that some paths you could do and some paths you couldn't do; there were the easy paths and the hard paths and some people just got roadblocked by the hard ones. This seems to be slightly more graceful to me, where while some paths are easier and some harder, its more likely that some paths will be faster and some paths will be slower, but still doable.
    Yea good point about the differences in how each class got affected by this.

correct me if im wrong but it would seem that people with a ton of options are hardly affected, but everyone beneath that seems to be punished, with a fee exceptions (cosmic, science, mutant like you said).

hence my initial concern that rewards werent being buffed because overall it appears as though this is regressive on a wide scale.

this isnt even a major concern for me personally as i have the luxury of a substantial roster. I just dont like precedents like this being set.
    Seriously said:

DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

DNA3000 said:

Kibi said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

care to share an example? apples to apples though. not like "omg arena takes for ever so cav is easier"
    Boss Rush 2. Lagacy's Symbiote Supreme was generally considered the most challenging fight, but it was also one of the fastest to bring down with the right counters and strategy. In fact, if there's one thing you could say about that fight, it was basically never a long fight.

When Infinity Thanos showed up as the Uncollected boss the last map he was on was undoubtedly the most challenging map of the entire EQ, but that map wasn't longer to fight, as it contained way fewer fights.

The Act 6.1.6 Sentinel boss is a pretty straight forward and not very challenging fight compared to Act 6.1 in general, but it is a slog. And while I cannot recall the precise specifics, someone can probably fill in the time we had to kill a Sentinel boss in a side quest using 2* champs. Not difficult or particularly challenging compared to the rest of the side quesst, but ridiculously long compared to the rest of the fights in that content. In fact I specifically remember the complaint being that that particular fight replaced "difficult" with "tedious."
    Kibi said:

correct me if im wrong but it would seem that people with a ton of options are hardly affected, but everyone beneath that seems to be punished, with a fee exceptions (cosmic, science, mutant like you said).

The long term goal is for roster growth and development to be rewarded. But instead of rewarding them with something that players with smaller rosters cannot get at all, it rewards those players with a faster way to get what everyone else can still get only slower. I think that's a reasonable benefit to give higher roster progression players.

You could say that lower roster progression players are being punished, but I see it as higher roster progression players getting rewarded specifically because the difficulty of attempting Cavalier with suboptimal champs seems in-line with what you'd expect the difficulty jump to be between Uncollected and Cavalier, extrapolating from the difficulty jump from Master to UC. So small roster Cavs are seeing what we would have expected everyone to see before Cav difficulty came out (if not easier), and high roster Cavs are seeing things somewhat easier than we originally expected. So that seems to be to be more appropriately called a benefit to high progress players rather than a deficit to lower progress players in my opinion.
    @Seriously @Kibi

I did a path of UC EQ on autofight.

To my surprise, i autofought the whole path. I could have soloed the boss but autofought it because why not.(Chapter 3 Quest 1)

https://youtu.be/la_Tx7j-kcg