New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• BocksaroxBocksarox Member Posts: 329 ★★★
    Bad. Not sure how making a majority of the milestones unreachable was a good direction for the game.
  • Fun4444444Fun4444444 Member Posts: 24
    I love the new system. More units more battle chips and most importantly the INFINITE STREAK IS STILL HERE! 😁😁😁😁. I love getting the 4* nexus with Summoner trials to have a better chance at the preferred iso. This is manageable and doable if you can manage your time well.
  • CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Member Posts: 20
    The silver "3 vs 3" label is a basic arena and the gold "3 vs 3" label is a featured arena.
  • DestroyerGodDestroyerGod Member Posts: 1
    I know allot of people have already said this but just want to rain in so you don't think I am one of the players who might agree with your changes, these new arenas are more than a turn in the wrong direction. I almost deleted the game. And only stopped because I think Kabam will quickly change these modes of arena.
    I only play arenas to grind out units. You have stretched the grind out for the same amount of units. And have now turned arenas into a whales only event
  • Ju5taddw4terJu5taddw4ter Member Posts: 44
    There's obviously 2 types of arena grinders: those who do it for units and those who grind for the champ. I like the addition of grandmaster crystals.....would rather get 3 star champs than 2 stars. Why not revert back to the old system and add more milestones that give the 4 star champ and grandmaster crystals? Best of both worlds, unit grinders still can get their milestones relatively easy(i always ran 4* featured and 5* featured) and those who want to grind further can at least get a 4 star version of the featured champ.

So far the only thing I like is the grandmaster shards, may be greedy of me but i feel like we should get 750 at most milestones.

I haven't noticed much in the deathmatch department, but I've always used 5* r4 until around streak 20. That's just been my method. Once i hit x3 points i don't risk it.

Overall i think you guys tried to go too different and made ppl more mad than happy. Personally I'd like to see something along the lines of solo arena objectives weekly for shards, gold and iso.
  • LOSS_MANLOSS_MAN Member Posts: 27
    You literally just stacked the arenas in complete favor of the whales and the players that have built up enormously deep 5* & 6* champ rosters over years. I've been playing for 11 months and just achieved Uncollected. I have been able to accumulate 25 5* and 3 6* champs in that time. And I've only been able to meaningfully upgrade 6 of those champs.

With the arenas remaining at 3-day duration, and the 5* and 6* champ recharge times not shortening, you've made it impossible to get more than half of the units I used to be able to get in the arena cycles, without doing anything in my life but grinding and grinding with my 4* champs.

Now that I have become Uncollected, I was going grind to build up to 12K units to get my masteries in place for a Cavalier push. Since you've just made that unit-collection goal take at least twice as long, why bother? It's not even worth it. I don't have more time to allocate to a game. You made arenas basically not worth it for me anymore.

It's almost not even worth mentioning that you also made getting featured 4* champs out of reach for almost all of us too. It almost doesn't matter with how badly you screwed us on units.

Put your best statistical people on this. Do the analysis. You'll clearly see that it doesn't matter that you can now get 5 more units from arenas each cycle. Pick a target...let's say 300...and evaluate the time and resources required to achieve that number pre and post release. And then you'll get it. It's disappointing you didn't do that before you went live with this. And if you did and still decided that's the outcome you desired? Then you deserve the significant player and time-spent-per-player losses you are about to experience.
  • Fun4444444Fun4444444 Member Posts: 24
    Hopefully the rank rewards stay the same and you get a six star in both arenas
  • TNKTNK Member Posts: 1
    My suggestion:

1-4 stars Arena
    =============
    ° Equal opponents (the variation can be +/- 1 rank) until you reach the final milestone.
    ° Standard points reward for each fight (doesn't matter the rank — r1,2,3,4) until you reach the final milestone.

EX:
    3 star - 15k points per fight
    4 star - 20k points per fight.
    ° After you reach the final milestone:
    - You'll get the bonus multiplier (X1, X2, X3).
    - Deathmatches.
    - Your roaster of max. heroes matters.
    - Long story short: the actual arena system.

4-6 stars Arena
    =============
    ° Equal opponents (the variation can be +/- 1 rank) until you reach the final milestone.
    ° Standard points reward for each fight (doesn't matter the rank — r1,2,3,4,5) until you reach the final milestone.

EX:
    4 star - 40k points per fight
    5 star - 70k points per fight
    6 star - 100k points per fight
    ° After you reach the final milestone:
    - You'll get the bonus multiplier (X1, X2, X3)
    - Deathmatches.
    - Your roaster of max. heroes matters.
    - Long story short: the actual arena system.

Notes:
    - This way almost every player is able to reach the final milestone for each arena.
    - We're not forced to max out our 3,4 stars when most of us doesn't have iso/gold to rank up their 5/6 stars.
    - Who owns the most maxed-out heroes will have a chance to get top 1000 or better prizes.
    - Time invested to reach the final milestone for each arena is the same (higher), but everyone has the chance to get all the milestones.
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    Everyone should be able to get a NEW 3* every two weeks so either restore the lower grind for that or just give us all a free 3* (like you did with Psycho Man or Shang-Chi regardless of if they are tied to objectives) for testing purposes and why not, because that does nothing to hurt Kabam's WALLET... If I like the 3*, it will actually increase Kabam's revenue, because I'm going to buy crystals or bundles to try and get a 4, 5, or 6* that I won't even consider if I haven't personally gotten to play the champ myself (not watch others on YouTube do it, that's boring and gives me no feel for them)
  • HecHec Member Posts: 9
    These new Arenas have great rewards but present a terrible experience to get them. I have about 35 six stars and I used to get all milestones in the old arena system, but now I can only get 16.5mil in one of the Arenas. Also, I'm spending a lot more time in the arenas because I am trying to run my rank 1s as well to guarantee all the milestones which take a lot of time.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Member Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Hec said:

These new Arenas have great rewards but present a terrible experience to get them. I have about 35 six stars and I used to get all milestones in the old arena system, but now I can only get 16.5mil in one of the Arenas. Also, I'm spending a lot more time in the arenas because I am trying to run my rank 1s as well to guarantee all the milestones which take a lot of time.

Sorry but which of the rewatds did you find great? Only change is the PHC to GMC. No other change with the rewards. Same number of units, BC, etc.
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,104 ★★★★

I complained about this before the changes went live and it looks like nothing changed. Basically, the algorithm just matched me with champions twice my Pi which in this case means r5 5* and 32 6* with suicides. No way I'm winning this with maxed out 4*
    In other words, using 4* in this arena is pointless, you will get death matches the instant you attempt it and lose your streak.
    I'm guessing the reason they allowed it is so people can reach the milestones faster but until they tweak the matchmaking algorithm this is just 5/6* arena and the 4* allowance is just for show.
  • Gazthehillbilly012Gazthehillbilly012 Member Posts: 128
    Feel very disappointed I can no longer use my 5&6 star champions in arena as I’m not up to the required level of uncollected, I know I’m not a very good player but that’s over 20 of my roster that are now of no use in arenas
  • Wolviman1Wolviman1 Member Posts: 80

and this remains the same
  • Woody74Woody74 Member Posts: 6
    Felt compelled to comment given I grind arena quite a bit
    1. Reverting the milestone target of the basic to 4 million would be incredibly helpful, obviously the rewards offered will have to be reduced as well
    2. Reduce the 2/3/4* arena back to 1.5 million to complete all milestones...or increase the number of units offered to 200 if the target is going to remain 2 million
    3. No issues with the featured, if folks with big rosters want to grind, let them grind
    4. Get rid of death matches, they don’t really serve a purpose except to frustrate the player base

Ultimately this is game meant to be fun, not frustratingly time consuming and the arena should be a means to supplement resources to complete more content, not a burden
  • DMnstrDMnstr Member Posts: 14
    As the primary means for ftp players to get units, anything that decreases the amount of units available for grinding in arena is a non starter for the ftp community.
  • Killmonger2001Killmonger2001 Member Posts: 10
    Pls listen to the community
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Aside from milestones, I’d say the number of people that can win the 5* basic could be increased without negatively impacting upon the game.

There is a lot of negative posts here, very quickly and no positive. I think they are going to be overwhelming for a reason. With so much going on in the game, arenas are one of primary unit gain modes. New design has made this mode even more tedious than previous and has just made me angry. I hope this is a late April Fools joke or something. It doesn't seem thought out like other improvements at all. Whoever came up with "Auto" idea, maybe give them a bonus pay and whoever come up with this idea should be sacked. In event they are the same person, let them redeem themselves. Regardless, this was made with a very shallow point of view of a perspective of "summoner with crazy full roster and nothing but time on their hands". Unfortunately, this kind of shenanigans is just going to inflict bad feelings of anger and disappointment and you'll have less new customers in hopes of keeping a small percentage of your top ones. Hopefully you made them happy.

THIS THIS THIS!! At the announcement, I was excited for the change and hoped for the best. There were some good ideas. However, the execution and the "very shallow point of view" in the milestone rewards structure, made me not give a **** about arenas anymore. After an hour in each of them, it's clear that arenas are now a waste of time. DO THE ANALYSIS KABAM!!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★

Kabam Mike doesnt say anything reassuring to the clearly disturbed players, but he sure as heck can warn me for posting about how they only actually care about money grabs LOL do something positive Mike and Kabam how about that sour puss

How has he not said anything reassuring people? He said they're listening to the constructive suggestions and the team is discussing it.
    Yeah because that will end up in something actually productive done. This happens everytime and they take nothing we say into consideration other than it's bad. Then they change it to something profitable but less bad
    If they say they're discussing it, then they're discussing it. There's enough feedback to go over here. Venting and ranting isn't helping the situation.
    ABORT!!! ABORT!!! ABORT!!!

Reset to the old arena structure next week and reassess the milestone rewards (or the refresh rates, or the point structures, or whatever you need to flex to maintain the old reward-to-time ratio)
  • Noob619Noob619 Member Posts: 15
    Dearest Kabam you are so amazing and awesome I don't know why you have dropped the ball so hard when it comes to arena, please fix so i can continue to enjoy the game. The time i would spend grinding arena would be 14 hours a week to hit all mile stones now it will be over 20hours like a part time job to get just about the same amount of units. I really like your shard idea though. Thank you for reading my feedback.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Where are we on the "progression level dictates which arenas are available to you" idea? Is that viable? The reason they cannot just add all the old arenas back on is that it increases the total number of units available. If in fact, someone were to grind them all. Which they can't do. People keep complaining about the milestones for newer players, but no one is talking about the nice increase to non-champion rank rewards. I'm actually quite happy about the ability to grind for 6* shards. I don't want this taken away. Maybe there's a way for folks to choose what they want to grind for. Primarily units/milestones, or if they want to go for some shards via rank rewards. Idk, if Throne breaker lose access to lower arenas, this could work? Cause they wouldn't be able to grind additional units from the lower arena on top of the higher ones?

Maybe somehow rework it so that at any given progression level, there is still a max level of units you can grind?

Below Uncollected: trials only
    Uncollected - Cav: trials and basic only
    TB: basic and featured only (no access to trials)

And rework the units if needed in each? Of course, the first thing I see is that pre-UC would have the least amount of units available to them, but honestly, at that level, would they be completing all milestones in the old system anyway? No, I'd say is the answer.
  • 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Member Posts: 101
    Gamer said:

2_Wheeler said:

4 stars against 6 ain’t even close

If you meant this is a dead match isn’t
    So forgive me, I’m 70 years old, what is a dead match? My comment to be succinct was that my top 4* can’t hold up against low level 6* but perhaps I wasn’t clear enough and apologize.

• juanrojas53juanrojas53 Member Posts: 2
    It would not be fair for players like me who are trying to grind some units to tackle the acts. I think more units are needed to do so.
This discussion has been closed.