**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Enter the Grandmaster's Gauntlet!

Comments

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

This actually saddens me that it’s not for Cavalier’s either.

Why? So you can complain you can't get TB?
    Who’s complaining? This would have been a great opportunity to obtain Thronebreaker in addition to what’s available
    If this was available for cav it would make TB ridiculously easy to get, a full selector for any champion you want?
    You forget you need to acquire said champion, which may not happen anytime soon.
    If there’s a Cav player, without any champion worth TB, they are definitely not ready to be TB.

In which case they are definitely not ready for this challenge
    How wrong you are because this can be done by 5/65’s easily. Kabam only said it’s “meant” for 6/3’s because, of course, you’ll naturally have a better time with higher ranked champions. TB is an RNG based title, there’s no such thing as “not ready to be TB”
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    So I will say I finished it 100% and for me (not because of anything in particular) was not worth it for me. It was definitely hard but I got shafted from my nexus lol. Now I am holding my actual shards for the next feature. So maybe I won’t be shafted there.

The difficulty was tuned up, which is cool. My problem was the AI not baiting at times (mojo). I solod a bunch of fights but I also got WOrKED in a few lol.

Spiderham was really annoying
    Korg was also a major pain
    The rest weren’t too bad. Really needed to play it right.
    Thing was tough without falcon (first world problems) I used torch and almost solod him that was my fault I pushed him to special 3 cuz u got greedy.

I will say this isn’t for a newly thronebreaker but you dknt need to 100% everything to complete this. I have done 1 pass of abyss and everything else is 100% and managed to do it. I also had a really good stash to use for it. I only had 1 rank 3 on my team to complete. The rest was either rank 5s or rank 2. My roster is pretty expansive also, 9 rank 3s. I also do not spend a lot of money in game (sigil mostly)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

This actually saddens me that it’s not for Cavalier’s either.

Why? So you can complain you can't get TB?
    Who’s complaining? This would have been a great opportunity to obtain Thronebreaker in addition to what’s available
    If this was available for cav it would make TB ridiculously easy to get, a full selector for any champion you want?
    You forget you need to acquire said champion, which may not happen anytime soon.
    If there’s a Cav player, without any champion worth TB, they are definitely not ready to be TB.

In which case they are definitely not ready for this challenge
    How wrong you are because this can be done by 5/65’s easily. Kabam only said it’s “meant” for 6/3’s because, of course, you’ll naturally have a better time with higher ranked champions. TB is an RNG based title, there’s no such thing as “not ready to be TB”
    I know 5/65 can do it.

No I mean, kabam have said this content is aimed at the top portion of even thronebreaker. So if you aren’t TB, this challenge is not meant for them. Not that they can’t do it, just that it’s not meant for them.

TB isn’t just RNG, it’s about having the depth of a roster to have good options in each class. If you don’t have good options, you aren’t what TB is aimed at. This isn’t my opinion, this is what kabam have said on the matter. The reason it’s like this is to encourage depth.
  • HdhjssvvHdhjssvv Posts: 55

I really don't want to quake these fights. She's just so boring. Sucks that she's the best option for many of these fights.

Anyone can be the best option if your skilled
    Either learn quake and enjoy cheap rewards or practise the game because it’s far from a quake or bust
    people still doing it cheap without quake

Everyone crying instead of practising quake you’d have mastered her by now.

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Posted from another thread.
    Finally finished mine last night.

Team: r3 Aegon, r3 Corvus, r5 Ibom, r5 Namor, r5 Sorc Supreme.
    totally 1700 units + stash.
    my run wasnt clean or clear.
    what i learnt. Sorc does NOT work for Korg.
    Aegon WORKS for sasquatch.
    Mojo just sucks, AA seems to be the best option ( i brute forced with corvus).
    you can aegon heavy cheese a lot, including nameless thanos. I heavy cheesed to third phase in less than a minute.

i was totally unboosted for my whole run.
    this is on my main. I will post my new team for my alt.

PS: I cannot quake at all.

hopefully this is helpful for cheaper runs.

Who did you ramp up on for Aegon?
    Hdhjssvv said:

I really don't want to quake these fights. She's just so boring. Sucks that she's the best option for many of these fights.

Either learn quake and enjoy cheap rewards or practise the game because it’s far from a quake or bust

you are totally wrong. Not everyone can be the best option for all fights. Quake can’t do power gain fights, ghost can’t do armor break fights (the way she usually does), that Sasquatch in the guantlet cant be fought by every champ, the vision on the guantlet requires a specific counter or unit man. There are specific counters for all fights and not all fights can be countered by all champs even with skill
  • Siliyo said:

Posted from another thread.
    Finally finished mine last night.

Team: r3 Aegon, r3 Corvus, r5 Ibom, r5 Namor, r5 Sorc Supreme.
    totally 1700 units + stash.
    my run wasnt clean or clear.
    what i learnt. Sorc does NOT work for Korg.
    Aegon WORKS for sasquatch.
    Mojo just sucks, AA seems to be the best option ( i brute forced with corvus).
    you can aegon heavy cheese a lot, including nameless thanos. I heavy cheesed to third phase in less than a minute.

i was totally unboosted for my whole run.
    this is on my main. I will post my new team for my alt.

PS: I cannot quake at all.

hopefully this is helpful for cheaper runs.

Who did you ramp up on for Aegon?
    vision 4 revives to 200+ combo. then used him on modok and hammy, ramped up a bit on wpx
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Kabam really confuses me with this quest. Advertised as super hard and only for TB players with a stable of 6sr3 champs, yet they make a ton of fights easy with a 5-star Quake.

I mean, it's actually completely cool with me that players are able to get all of these fine rewards with a lot more ease than advertised. I have a great roster with loads of good rank ups on the horizon, so I'm not jealous. I'll do the GG some day, too. Just find it odd that Kabam nerfed its own massive challenge.

Also, and this is a minor point, but all YT videos on the Gauntlet, at least when Quake is involved, are going to be 100 percent unwatchable, for me at least. Plumbing repair videos would be more exciting, LOL.

This. I wish I could agree with this twice.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    Hdhjssvv said:

I didn't say I couldn't Quake it, I said I didn't want to because it's boring.
  • DenkzyDenkzy Posts: 1
    Why was not open my acoount grandmaster gauntlet
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Denkzy said:

Why was not open my acoount grandmaster gauntlet

Are you Thronebreaker?
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Kabam really confuses me with this quest. Advertised as super hard and only for TB players with a stable of 6sr3 champs, yet they make a ton of fights easy with a 5-star Quake.

I mean, it's actually completely cool with me that players are able to get all of these fine rewards with a lot more ease than advertised. I have a great roster with loads of good rank ups on the horizon, so I'm not jealous. I'll do the GG some day, too. Just find it odd that Kabam nerfed its own massive challenge.

Also, and this is a minor point, but all YT videos on the Gauntlet, at least when Quake is involved, are going to be 100 percent unwatchable, for me at least. Plumbing repair videos would be more exciting, LOL.

Devs have a habit of forgetting that Quake and Ghost exist :D

I mean look at all the energy adoption paths in 7.2 .. you can see they spent some time devising all the nodes on those paths yet somehow forgot that Ghost doesn't care :D
    Yeah those two make it so hard to build content.
    I too hated how important Quake is to this quest but I understand they just don’t have that many ways to counter her.
  • Can we please just get some word on the missing completion rewards. I need that rank up gem crystal and 6* as it will decide some important rank ups for me. Just a word on when we could expect it would be nice

I agree just want to make sure I will get the rewards I should have cuz I need the rank up gem and the shards.
  • QuietusDKQuietusDK Posts: 51

Can we please just get some word on the missing completion rewards. I need that rank up gem crystal and 6* as it will decide some important rank ups for me. Just a word on when we could expect it would be nice

I agree just want to make sure I will get the rewards I should have cuz I need the rank up gem and the shards.
    Just filed a ticket, and got an almost instant reply. They are aware of an issue that prevented summoner completing (IE, Thanos down, regardless of paths taken) from getting the completion rewards. They are working on resolving it and providing the rewards to those individuals.

Which, I suppose, also must taste a bit like crow to those condescendingly telling people last night that they should have read the information better, and that there would be no rewards at all for 1 Path + Thanos...
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    For those that completed it I plan on doing it today as I got time now. This is the team I'm thinking about

R3 fury just a nice champ
    R3 venom for spider stuff
    R3 mags for all these metal fools

Here comes the real questions would r3 rhulk or r5 torch be better for the mystics I'm thinking torch for regen stop. (100 this will get me a r3 torch but not duped so I assume the 5* will be better so I can get prefight back)

I don't have a terrax counter so thinking about r3 sym supreme with dispersion. Worst case pot through him but with only an r4 40 dupe namor I think it would be cheaper.
  • For those that completed it I plan on doing it today as I got time now. This is the team I'm thinking about

Here comes the real questions would r3 rhulk or r5 torch be better for the mystics I'm thinking torch for regen stop. (100 this will get me a r3 torch but not duped so I assume the 5* will be better so I can get prefight back)

I don't have a terrax counter so thinking about r3 sym supreme with dispersion. Worst case pot through him but with only an r4 40 dupe namor I think it would be cheaper.

you have nobody for korg, nobody for domino, mojo. terrax too. Sassy as well. those are roadblock fights. void is too. apoc as well. Do research before going in. Having r3s is no guarantee. having the right counters to the problematic fights is key.

For those that completed it I plan on doing it today as I got time now. This is the team I'm thinking about

you have nobody for korg, nobody for domino, mojo. terrax too. Sassy as well. those are roadblock fights. void is too. apoc as well. Do research before going in. Having r3s is no guarantee. having the right counters to the problematic fights is key.
    Korg is countered by mags energy damage doesn't trigger thorns
    Mojo and Sass was my question for torch or rhulk.
    Fury for void is easy enough

Terrax was my supreme question as worst case he nullify all at star and once I get into rotation pretty simple.

What this guy said. I did a practice run the day it came out. To test my team. Venom is not going to help you much.

I used

Fury
    Quake
    Proxima
    Aegon
    Magik. For one fight.
    My spiderham fight begs to differ simple solo there

I decided on torch for the mystics. Thanks anyway.

Terrax was my supreme question as worst case he nullify all at star and once I get into rotation pretty simple.
    I don’t think you read the node korg has. Mags is NOT a counter for him. I wouldn’t bring fury in for basically just 1 fight. I suggest you do research before going on or it’s going to cost you. You don’t have any of the true horsemen for this guantlet other than mags for doom and modok.

Terrax won’t be countered by Sym, korg won’t be countered by mags, you need someone for quatch, domino, spiderham, do your research or spend a ton of units for no reason.

I don’t think you read the node korg has. Mags is NOT a counter for him. I wouldn’t bring fury in for basically just 1 fight. I suggest you do research before going on or it’s going to cost you. You don’t have any of the true horsemen for this guantlet other than mags for doom and modok.

Terrax won’t be countered by Sym, korg won’t be countered by mags, you need someone for quatch, domino, spiderham, do your research or spend a ton of units for no reason.
    Terrax is a counter but you need maxed dispersion. Getting close and going away gives terrax power gain buff just that going up and down let's you fire off sp3 fast to get into you sp2 rotation. I hit 2 or 3 dashed back then in to get stagger just to cause damage where I could while getting that. But ultimately you could just move in and out without a hit but every bit of chip damage seemed worth it to me till I could get setup.

I am at a loss as to why torch isn't a counter to squash. Just life cycle and torch has no natural buffs to steal and can handle his regen.

Domino is domino all dependent on her crit failure rate rest is meh about her imo.

Read korg and he is definitely the worry point but I fail to see why intercept ml repeat till stacks are gone parry heavy rinse and repeat for ages till he is dead would not be a counter.

Only real answer I needed here is would rhulk or torch be better for the mystics in this and how do you handle the regen is what came up alot and that choose for me. As I decided doom is nothing for mags so I would find out for myself if supreme is viable without tons of items.

So far he is my only non solo on that path with my team. Guess I'll see moving on tbf I haven't fought nameless thanos in a while either and I remember how good avengers are for him and not having one worries me a bit but I will worry about that later. That's a future me problem.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    Just finished.

Ghost
    AA
    HT
    Mags
    Namor

Glad I brought tAA over Wasp but special intercepting w/ Ghost is kinda annoying.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I feel so stupid rn. I keep thinking that Nameless thanos sp2 is reverse controls lol.