**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

NERF SOP MYSTERIO

Comments

• Options
    AngryHen123AngryHen123 Posts: 33

Zan0 said:

Summer of Pain is meant to be tough and difficult and for the best of the best. But is it for the best of the best in terms of Wallet-emptying (for units) or for talent and skill? Honestly I know the acid wash node has been a problem for many summoners but being so ruthless with the armour break node and matador on a Mysterio is just a bit too much. Doesn't stop the thought that Kabam might have tipped to serve thronebreakers with huge rosters rather than cavs. If this was the case, why open SoP to cavs in the first place? This is my viewpoint and of course I am open to further information as I myself am not the farthest in content (rn at 6.2.1), but to sum things up, I believe that Kabam, unintentionally or not, are spitting on the face of cavalier summoners once more and bending their content to Thronebreaker summoers.

Because if it wasn't open for cavalier players they would cry and scream
    Right but that's not my point. The fact that the quest is open to cavs means that they SHOULD be skilled enough to take on the fights. And that might be. The problem is that roster depth is what's keeping budding summoners from MAYBE an account changing 6*.
    If you aren't skilled enough to understand how this fight works, you don't need to be doing it.
    I honestly don't think I have the skill to do it myself. I'm speaking for some of our community that might have that skill but aren't able to use it. In my opinion, that's what SoP is all about.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    I do not enjoy the event, but tbf all three fights are similar in terms of difficulty. For rogue you need unstoppable counter, and shehulk was clearly the best, for sinister you also had limited options. For Mysterio you need a poison champ. His sp1 is not that bad, for me it's more annoying to wait out his timer after it. Both precious fights had some skill required (vs rogue you need right space to land a heavy, vs sinister you parry his sp1). Vs mysterio you only need to evade his sp1, wich is the easiest, I guess. But all were limited in terms of champ you may use.
    Mysterio is just a more annoying fight
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Pain is one thing. Head smashing is another. Lol.

Head smashing is exactly how you're supposed to beat this Mysterio.
    Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
    If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
    It's only frustrating to those who haven't developed their rosters, which is why SoP is primarily for TBs and Cavaliers can attempt it with what they have. Frustrating is also a poor choice to describe anything, since what some people find frustrating some people will find fun.
    Define developed. If you're saying it's only for people with 80-100 6*s and 15-20 R3s, then there's a major design flaw in making it available to Cavs.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    MojoHater said:

I'm not asking for this boss to be nerfed cuz that would incur disadvantages for all those who spent units on him
    All I'm saying is... pls make the next ones more skill based rather than roster-specific

The problem with making all the bosses purely skill based is that then players will get rewards that are much better than they should get. You can’t forget how insane the rewards for SOP so it is gonna demand both skill and roster depth, kinda like gaunlet did
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
    If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
    It's only frustrating to those who haven't developed their rosters, which is why SoP is primarily for TBs and Cavaliers can attempt it with what they have. Frustrating is also a poor choice to describe anything, since what some people find frustrating some people will find fun.
    Define developed. If you're saying it's only for people with 80-100 6*s and 15-20 R3s, then there's a major design flaw in making it available to Cavs.
    I don't have 80 6*s. I have 4 R3s with the option of another 3 I can rank up.

My 5* roster is developed enough that I have everything I need to do virtually any content in the game because I spent time building up that roster. Cavs also have access to all the same things that I have to do the same.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Already seen people one-shot him with groot. Shouldn't be an issue really
  • Options
    AngryHen123AngryHen123 Posts: 33

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Totally agree with this. Kabam need to be more specific when they say that events will be open to cavs. Either that or find a way to get some of our hopes up. Can I also just add (and I might get hate for this, idrc) that some of our TB summoners in this thread are making us cavs feel bad about our rosters rather than help us and maybe provide some advice. The 'You need skill for this fight' is frankly unrealistic to a larger majority of our community than one might expect.
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

From the comments I've read here I infer that those who can take such challenges as this mysterio want others to not have the pleasure of this event and wish that even the initial bosses be kept impossible for most non-TB rosters.
    Well, then, we all know that a game dies if it caters only to the interest of the very top players. So RIP MCOC.

Damn of you still dont get the point what people want to say and just wanna keep forcing your opinion because you are just too lazy to try harder/practice/rank up necessary champ then maybe you really should take break from the game bro.... because from onwards its gonna get more harder....!!! Maybe play some other game perhaps
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    The following apply poison:
    Ant Man
    Ibom
    Apoc
    AA
    Mr.Sinister(Let Mysterio throw a special 1 to get a bar, chill until the node poisons you, instantly throw your sp1 for poison)
    Green Goblin
    Labtron
    King Groot
    BWCV
    Diablo(On Monday 2 days before challenge ends, could be an incredible option)
    Voodoo
    Man Thing

Im sure you have one of these champs. And if not, Guillotine 2099 and Mags might be better options that some of the above champs.

And if you REALLY want to get the top rewards, you could show off your massive skill by using any champ and enduring a fight that would last about the duration of any 7 million health mysterio(in a situation where you had full health.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I have 6 R3 and 61 6 star champs. But, I pulled iabom from the featured when he was available. I was advocating for a champion specific challenge in another thread, but I wanted Kabam to provide the champion in a previous challenge and people were against even that because of wasting T4cc and ISO. Summer of pain is a roster check. The rewards for cavs is great. Also, this does not need to be a one-shot. You can use revives to chip him down.
  • Options
    ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I agree. I just did my first run of 7.2 just to get a 6* ronin. That’s all 6 quests..long but very doable.

I’m happy to sit at milestone 2 for minimal effort.

This week was just mean.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I don't have 80 6*s. I have 4 R3s with the option of another 3 I can rank up.

My 5* roster is developed enough that I have everything I need to do virtually any content in the game because I spent time building up that roster. Cavs also have access to all the same things that I have to do the same.
    I have an extensive 5* Roster as well. That's not the point. The point is the first two Fights were based on skill. Moderately difficult, but doable with a number of Champs. This one is a pigeon hole on top of a challenge. For the record, I never had any arguments with the first two. This is just a brick wall.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You can’t be serious if you don’t have at least one poison counter ranked up. There’s a lot of good poison champs, this fight could be so much more niche.

Show us your roster if you’re stuck we can help advise.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Ant Man
    Ibom
    Apoc
    AA
    Mr.Sinister(Let Mysterio throw a special 1 to get a bar, chill until the node poisons you, instantly throw your sp1 for poison)
    Green Goblin
    Labtron
    King Groot
    BWCV
    Voodoo
    Man Thing

Im sure you have one of these champs. And if not, Guillotine 2099 and Mags might be better options that some of the above champs.

And if you REALLY want to get the top rewards, you could show off your massive skill by using any champ and enduring a fight that would last about the duration of any 7 million health mysterio(in a situation where you had full health.

I did it with Apoc.
  • Options

Any champion applying poison works and you talk about super spesific counters like theres only 3 champs who fits the criteria. The entitlement that comes with every new content is just so annoying and is exactly why they add all these gates and requirements to content.

They already have a gate implemented by way of Objectives.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Totally agree with this. Kabam need to be more specific when they say that events will be open to cavs. Either that or find a way to get some of our hopes up. Can I also just add (and I might get hate for this, idrc) that some of our TB summoners in this thread are making us cavs feel bad about our rosters rather than help us and maybe provide some advice. The 'You need skill for this fight' is frankly unrealistic to a larger majority of our community than one might expect.
    You need either the correct counter or the endurance to take on a 6 mill Mysterio. This fight can be chipped down with just about any champ using revives. Best counter so far seems to be iabom. King groot can work if you armor break him permanently and just keep baiting sp1 and fire your sp2. The point many people are making is that this event is for developed cavs and TB rosters. When people like OP start asking to nerf content to suite their rosters, then no content is available for more developed rosters.
  • Options

Ant Man
    Ibom
    Apoc
    AA
    Green Goblin
    Labtron
    King Groot
    BWCV
    Voodoo
    Man Thing

I did it with Apoc.
    How did you make out with him?
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    At least kabam should have made more poison dealers to the game. Most people got screwed over because of this.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    They’ll just find some reason to cry over rewards that weren’t meant for their level as though they were entitled to get them in the first place.