**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I hate to say this, but SoP’s Rewards to Difficulty ratio is way too high

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

TB is CAV all over again. Nerfed 6.1 into a clown fest where anyone can grab CAV.

Cavalier and Thronebreaker are progressional titles. By definition, they have to be things most players can eventually achieve. They aren't elite titles meant for only the absolute top players. Such things only exist outside of the progression path of the game.

There's never going to be a progression title that only elite players can achieve. If the only players who could qualify for it were the tiny wedge of players at the very top, there would not be enough players to justify the work to create that progression title.
    All games have to have an end goal that’s tough to achieve. Especially in a game like this with hundreds of hours of content, I would never expect everyone to have the final title. It’s much more likely for it to be available to only a tiny group at the top being so difficult to achieve.
    All finite games have to have an end goal that is tough to achieve. But most progressional games as a service do not. No PvE-focused one ever does. Games that transition from PvE progress to PvP end game can have a final top tier progressional title, because the game eventually abandons PvE progress altogether and does something completely different. But all games that remain PvE-progressional keep extending the progress ladder upward. The only time there's a final last progressional tier is when the game shuts down or goes into permanent maintenance mode and the devs stop making progressional tiers.
    That’s actually an odd way of thinking of it because progressional games almost always have a small group in the final area, whereas finite games always have nearly everyone in the endgame.
    That's completely orthogonal. The number of players in whatever happens to be the highest progressional tier tends to be relatively small at the time that tier opens but the specific reason for making new progressional tiers is when the number of players in that tier becomes large enough to support a bifurcation.

I don't think you mean the same thing I mean when I talk about "finite games." Everyone isn't in the end game in a finite game. Everyone *leaves* when they reach the end of a finite game, because at that point the game is over. If you want players to stick around, there has to be something to do. If they are not progressing upwards, because there's no more progress, they have to be doing something else productive. The most common thing people do in games where progress stops is shift to PvP, where competition replaces content-driven progress. That is not a finite game. That is a game that replaces content-driven progress with competition ladders.

If you have a game that has a fixed finite number of progressional tiers, and you declare the top one to be the "elite tier" that you don't expect most players to ever achieve, then for the vast majority of your players this tier doesn't really exist. The game becomes a game with N-1 progressional tiers. And if the end game only exists at the top tier, then everyone else runs out of things to do eventually and quits. The alternative is to make two different end games, one for the elite players and a separate one for everyone else. That's possible, but in my opinion unless you're dealing with a dev team full of creative savants, it is also completely dumb.

I can say one thing with absolute certainty: this game is not that kind of game. The progressional tiers that the progress titles demarcate are all true progressional tiers. They are intended for the playerbase to progress through. None of them are, or ever were intended to be "elite titles" that represented the final goal of the game. If you think this game is supposed to have such a thing, I'm afraid you're never going to see such a thing in the game. Except maybe when the game finally dies.
    i admire the use of stupidly long comments to sound smart, but this point makes no sense and this comment is redundant
    If it doesn't make sense, it can't be redundant. And if it doesn't make sense to you, that's primarily because the topic exceeds your knowledge. This is a conversation I've had with dozens of game designers, including ours. Either all of all of us are randomly enjoying a fugue state, or more likely you're just ignorant.
    Tbf, it was an incredibly long comment to just say that this game is supposed to have a lot of people in the top tier…
  • Options
    ChriissR said:

Can't wait to get a Emma Frost with Armor Break immunity, Mix Master/tunnel vision, oscillate, kinetic transferance, Tyranny and true Focus and watch these forums complain at how hard it is.

I for one will be excited to see a fight I can’t do
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Title progression should not be locked behind character progression. It should be 100% story. The rest is rng.
  • Options
    ChiliDog said:

The decision to lock a title behind rng t5cc was poor design and poor taste in the first place. It should be based off story progression. These threads make me wonder what is wrong with people. Does the TB title make you kids feel special? We just want to feel special too. Lol.

I don’t have the tb title. I’m posting this specifically because I think it’s throwing off the value that they have built around t5cc
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

ChiliDog said:

The decision to lock a title behind rng t5cc was poor design and poor taste in the first place. It should be based off story progression. These threads make me wonder what is wrong with people. Does the TB title make you kids feel special? We just want to feel special too. Lol.

I don’t have the tb title. I’m posting this specifically because I think it’s throwing off the value that they have built around t5cc
    T5CC is random. Therefore the only value is $$. Having people at/near the same level of content with different titles due to rng is ignorant.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    I think of it this way
    Push cavs to tb asap, release some good cyber weekend stuff for tb and in return generate income
    By widening thronebreaker pool, more and more spenders purchase the big offers
    Win win situation?
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

“This content will be difficult for summoners who do the abyss on vacation”

Not gated to thronebreaker ✅
    A fight that can be soloed by a 3* ✅
    Attack and health values lower than the average zone 10 incursion fight ✅

Yeah, this was definitely worth waiting a whole year for.

2*