**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I hate to say this, but SoP’s Rewards to Difficulty ratio is way too high

Comments

• rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    Well, tbh in my case i find it to be perfect so far...the difficulty i mean. I had to skip rougue as I am basically a parry player and can do an intercept here and there if the AI is cooperative. So I thought well its like how they had advertised and the pain is gng to ramp up but surprisingly i cleared sinister. Then I had to skip mysterio since i didnt have a counter and cleared everything else. I dont do arenas and wars, just casual questing and aq for glory. So for players like me kabams this version of SOP is perfect imo. And am at 6.4.4 GM fight since feb 2021 i think coz am farming revives and units and daily crystals and am in no rush since i dont have a T5CC. I dont have time with a young family and shift jobs to do abyss etc. So yeah for me this version of SOP is perfect till now and i am now aiming till points 9 or max 11...anything after that is a bonus for me...heck coming this far itself in SOP is a bonus for me considering the level of pain that was advertised initially, am at 5 pts now.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    IKON said:

Other peoples progression doesn't effect mine... except in two of the main game modes. AQ and AW absolutely are effected by the entire communities progression.

Then let me ask you this. Are you upset that players can pay to progress? Do you get upset at Kabam when they release deals to help players progress?
  • Thokk150Thokk150 Posts: 57
    So I think that the difficulty from the first three weeks has dropped significantly because kabam toned down the fights due to the parry dex bug because the fights would've been impossible for the players who experienced those bugs
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    Is anyone here was around when after the 12.0 patch parry and block was completely ruined and they said "it's completely fine, it's intended, get good", without any content being tuned down?

Good old times
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    IKON said:

MSRDLD said:

IKON said:

Other peoples progression doesn't effect mine... except in two of the main game modes. AQ and AW absolutely are effected by the entire communities progression.

Then let me ask you this. Are you upset that players can pay to progress? Do you get upset at Kabam when they release deals to help players progress?
    First, it's really not relevant to the question "Do other players progression effect me?". The answer is yes, a resounding yes, a yes so loud I don't know how so many people in this thread seem to have not heard it.

Second, those players buying those deals keep the game going. If my choice is, they can buy to progress faster than you, or we can shut the game down, it's a pretty obvious choice.
    Way to dodge the question.

The logical person feeling affected by other’s progression in the game relative to their own would be more upset at Kabam offering players the chance to pay to progress via units or $ rather than at Kabam for offering some T5CC fragments and a 6 star over the course of several months.

SMH.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

I'm not bothered in the slightest in cav players using SoP rewards to leapfrog the imaginary hurdles to TB that they made up existing in the first place to start. However your last point doesn't make much sense as someone needing SoP to even reach TB and someone that had 10 R3s and Act 6 explored before the title got introduced in the first place can't have content designed for them both while being one difficulty level. My problem has never been players becoming TB easier today, it was always that TB requirements were a joke to begin with.

Yeah they should have made it tougher. For instance suppose u are on 'n'th position on leaderboard than they should have made it available to only top n/10 players on leaderboard. I am sure u would have loved it.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

Most of the complainers here, including OP, have often jumped at the chance to go at CAVs and say how entitled they are when they say content is too hard.

How is this post any different? It's just in reverse from entitled "end gamers" saying it's too easy.

Always gotta poopoo the new content Kabam puts out with these " it's too easy" or please "nerf the rewards"posts. Give it a rest already. Play the game, or don't if you don't like it.

Seriously, why are you so adamant at trying to prevent others from getting decent rewards for clearing content as it was made available? Because it wasn't "easy" for you when you were progressing your roster? Who cares?! Content will always be easy for some people and only gets easier for others as rosters grow, providing more counters

And, this isn't a walk in the park for people who don't have giant rosters, a specific champ (at all or ranked) and hardly anyone is using 3/4* or could even have a chance with them (Ronan cheese being an exception for those with him).

Kabam knows what their doing to keep the game interesting for the majority of the player base (80/20 rule). It does not revolve around just the top players and, if I'm being honest, y'all complain here on the forum more than anyone else.

If kabam told you to play UC level difficulty content for abyss level rewards, what direction would you think the games headed?
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Maybe the fights are made easier atm because of the parry issue? Thats the only logical explanation i can think of. They dont want to make the fights really difficult because of the current issues in game? For me the first couple of fights BEFORE the parry issues appeared were way more difficult. The fights since the parry issue dropped have been a lot easier IMO
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I'm not bothered in the slightest in cav players using SoP rewards to leapfrog the imaginary hurdles to TB that they made up existing in the first place to start. However your last point doesn't make much sense as someone needing SoP to even reach TB and someone that had 10 R3s and Act 6 explored before the title got introduced in the first place can't have content designed for them both while being one difficulty level. My problem has never been players becoming TB easier today, it was always that TB requirements were a joke to begin with.

Yeah they should have made it tougher. For instance suppose u are on 'n'th position on leaderboard than they should have made it available to only top n/10 players on leaderboard. I am sure u would have loved it.
    Nah, Act 6 exploration and 3 R3s probably would have been fine.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Most of the complainers here, including OP, have often jumped at the chance to go at CAVs and say how entitled they are when they say content is too hard.

How is this post any different? It's just in reverse from entitled "end gamers" saying it's too easy.

Seriously, why are you so adamant at trying to prevent others from getting decent rewards for clearing content as it was made available? Because it wasn't "easy" for you when you were progressing your roster? Who cares?! Content will always be easy for some people and only gets easier for others as rosters grow, providing more counters

Awkward because OP is cav.

Also, this event was announced to be for the endgame players, so of course they're going to give their feedback on posts like this. I doubt you'll see them say the same about Act 7 or variants.
    Exactly. Act 7 is fun with a few challenging fights here and there with some pretty balanced rewards. SOP is created solely to challenge end gamers but that isn’t the case. The rewards showed up, the pain didn’t.