**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I hate to say this, but SoP’s Rewards to Difficulty ratio is way too high

Comments

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

The ironic part about this thread is, not too long ago, we’ve had people complaining that A6 is too hard and needed a nerf.

Kabam rethought their design direction and now we have people complaining that content is too easy and are asking for harder ones.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Content advertised as "for those who did Abyss in their vacation" and all didn't need to be too easy.
    This is the only issue I have with the current difficulty level. I should not be able to get max milestones and yet I'm cruising through the event. I'd be fine with missing out because it was described as too difficult for me.

People think the complaints are selfish. Actually many people discussing this issue, such as the OP and myself are not being selfish because we a re looking beyond ourselves and seeing what should have been the bigger picture.

Dare I say those pushing back may need to consider being less selfish. The rewards may be a really juicy carrot, but they are missing the bigger picture.
    What is this bigger picture that you talk about?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Either all of all of us are randomly enjoying a fugue state, or more likely you're just ignorant.

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

The ironic part about this thread is, not too long ago, we’ve had people complaining that A6 is too hard and needed a nerf.

Kabam rethought their design direction and now we have people complaining that content is too easy and are asking for harder ones.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Content advertised as "for those who did Abyss in their vacation" and all didn't need to be too easy.
    This is the only issue I have with the current difficulty level. I should not be able to get max milestones and yet I'm cruising through the event. I'd be fine with missing out because it was described as too difficult for me.

People think the complaints are selfish. Actually many people discussing this issue, such as the OP and myself are not being selfish because we a re looking beyond ourselves and seeing what should have been the bigger picture.

Dare I say those pushing back may need to consider being less selfish. The rewards may be a really juicy carrot, but they are missing the bigger picture.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Graves_3 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

1. Whenever you artificially increase the availability of something, it has major ramifications for a word that starts with an "i" and ends with "nflation". Devaluing the highest resources before they were ready to introduce the next level of resource or champion has massive ramifications. Maybe there's an endgame in mind with Kabam, maybe there isn't. Only time will tell. What concerns me is what making these so easily accessible (even to me) is what it means for the timeliness of introduction to r5 and 7* champions, relics, or whatever Kabam has planned next.

2. This event was announced to be the hardest of hard content we have ever seen. Looking past the rewards, can you say that this event has lived up to it?

Neither of these are me being selfish, it's me saying these rewards are very much accessible to me and I kind of wish I would have a harder time getting them so they maintained their value for a little while longer.
    Your second point is not relevant to the big picture argument since it was probably just a marketing gimmick from kabam. However I see a point in your first argument about inflation. But since they have already introduced materials for r4, it’s but natural that they make t5cc more readily available. Just from AQ/cavalier EQ/side quests you can get 40% t5cc albeit random, you can amass a lot of t5cc. And when it comes to premium resources like generic sig stones, they are limited to TB. So it’s not so terrible from the inflation stand point as well.
    Unless I am missing something else.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Most of the complainers here, including OP, have often jumped at the chance to go at CAVs and say how entitled they are when they say content is too hard.

How is this post any different? It's just in reverse from entitled "end gamers" saying it's too easy.

Always gotta poopoo the new content Kabam puts out with these " it's too easy" or please "nerf the rewards"posts. Give it a rest already. Play the game, or don't if you don't like it.

Seriously, why are you so adamant at trying to prevent others from getting decent rewards for clearing content as it was made available? Because it wasn't "easy" for you when you were progressing your roster? Who cares?! Content will always be easy for some people and only gets easier for others as rosters grow, providing more counters

And, this isn't a walk in the park for people who don't have giant rosters, a specific champ (at all or ranked) and hardly anyone is using 3/4* or could even have a chance with them (Ronan cheese being an exception for those with him).

Kabam knows what their doing to keep the game interesting for the majority of the player base (80/20 rule). It does not revolve around just the top players and, if I'm being honest, y'all complain here on the forum more than anyone else.

If kabam told you to play UC level difficulty content for abyss level rewards, what direction would you think the games headed?
    The direction Kabam feels is going to make them the most money and be enjoyable for most players. I'm not going to play this game forever. It's been a good, long 5 years and I'm still enjoying it. When I no longer enjoy it, I'll put it down and find something else instead of waiting for it to be catered directly to me.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Most of the complainers here, including OP, have often jumped at the chance to go at CAVs and say how entitled they are when they say content is too hard.

How is this post any different? It's just in reverse from entitled "end gamers" saying it's too easy.

Seriously, why are you so adamant at trying to prevent others from getting decent rewards for clearing content as it was made available? Because it wasn't "easy" for you when you were progressing your roster? Who cares?! Content will always be easy for some people and only gets easier for others as rosters grow, providing more counters

Awkward because OP is cav.

Also, this event was announced to be for the endgame players, so of course they're going to give their feedback on posts like this. I doubt you'll see them say the same about Act 7 or variants.
    I said, some CAVs too and it was directed at ALL the "it's too easy" posters. Not awkward for me in the least. Anyone who thinks the rewards are too much can easily choose to not do the event, or not claim/use the rewards, but I have a strong hunch that won't be the case.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Also, this event was announced to be for the endgame players, so of course they're going to give their feedback on posts like this. I doubt you'll see them say the same about Act 7 or variants.
    I said, some CAVs too and it was directed at ALL the "it's too easy" posters. Not awkward for me in the least. Anyone who thinks the rewards are too much can easily choose to not do the event, or not claim/use the rewards, but I have a strong hunch that won't be the case.
    Nobody is not gonna do an event that gives you 1/2 t5cc selectors and a 6* nexus….
  • THEComic23THEComic23 Posts: 50
    So, people are complaining about how what was easy for them "MUST" mean that "EVERYONE ELSE" will also have an easy time? Wrong. While I should be a Thronebreaker at this point given everything I have I am simply not. Part of it is skill related (I'm just not that good most days and play too aggressively for my own good...but I digress). Ive struggled to get these rewards and haven't been successful most weeks. Regardless of my skill, to sit there and complain that others are succeeding at this event besides your "glorious self" is just childish and inane. Grow up
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

So, people are complaining about how what was easy for them "MUST" mean that "EVERYONE ELSE" will also have an easy time? Wrong. While I should be a Thronebreaker at this point given everything I have I am simply not. Part of it is skill related (I'm just not that good most days and play too aggressively for my own good...but I digress). Ive struggled to get these rewards and haven't been successful most weeks. Regardless of my skill, to sit there and complain that others are succeeding at this event besides your "glorious self" is just childish and inane. Grow up

The irony in this comment…..
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I didn't think it was possible to so thoroughly miss the point, but you proved me wrong. Congratulations, I guess.
    I didn't miss it. I just don't care to agree with it, the same as you don't care to agree with mine. Kudos to you sir, too.

This is an opinion thread and people are on both sides of the debate. In OPs original post, the disagrees are far more than agrees, so there's that. But it doesn't really matter either way. 100 or so people responding in the forum is not even a drop in the bucket for the overall player base.
  • Blux2uBlux2u Posts: 23
    If you want harder, do it with 4*s, 3*s, 2*s.... post the video... we can all 👏👏👏
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    The thing is that at this moment very few players have a rank3 champ. Their are even many cavaliers with huge accounts(many have base hero rating over 2 million) and they are not pushing enough to become a thronebreaker and using this event kabam is essentially converting these cavaliers to thronebreakers. From Kabam's point of view it will not be logical to allow players to get rank4 champs when already very little amount of players have rank 3 champs.

If this event had not happened with its current rewards than it would have created a situation in coming months in which next top tier would have been added to the game which contained rank4 champs(by tier I dont mean progression title but rather next level of champs like 6* rank3 are now tier1 and 6* rank 2 or 5* rank5 are tier2). In this situation very few players would have been in tier2 with rank3 champs and even less players in tier 1 with rank4 champs. And mcoc does not work like this by having very few players in 2 top tiers.

Also in case this event had not happened than many players whose highest ranked champs is either 6* rank2 or 5* rank5 would have found themself in a situation where the difference between them and top tier players with rank4 champs has increased significantly and without clearing enough content they cannot even reach close to them. This would have resulted in demoralization of many players to play the game and they might have quitted the game which would mean kabam loosing their customers and eventual downfall of this game.

Though OP's concerns comes from goodwill but believe me that Kabam knows what is best for the game.

The only thing which I think should not have happened is that this event is more directed towards cavaliers rather than thronebreakers as they will gain much more based on progression and it goes against what SOP was initially advertised by kabam. If kabam wanted to escallate cavaliers to thronebreakers than they should have used some other event to do so.

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    The Skill Gap between Late Cavalier and Early Thronebreaker is way smaller than people act like it is, and one or two Rank 3s isn't going to make Act 6 for example a breeze. I mean it'll obviously be a little less stressful but it's not like 20% Increase (or whatever it is for R3) to Attack and Health is going to break the balance of clearing Act 6.
    (The TB Side Objectives for SoP for example, we assumed they'd be like Challenges to do in the fight but it ended up being "used this Subset of Champions, 2 or 3 of which were the Perfect Counters for that week's Boss..." which many Cavs could easily do, but understandably they needed a way to separate the TB Level of Insane Rewards)

Now I agree SoP has been fairly simple so far, and comparatively the Rewards are Insanely Top Tier, but this is hopefully the start of them allowing more Cavs to become TB with less unnecessary wait. Cause before this there were very few and scattered ways to get T5CCF, mainly being based on Luck till you get to one of the like 4 places you get a Fragment Selector or Full Catalyst Crystal.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Who’s complaining about the rewards?

I’m complaining about the fact that aside from Carina’s challenges (great content btw) , and perhaps the gauntlet and Mulvaney challenge to a lesser degree, there hasn’t been any hard and engaging content since prenerf 6.4. But not to worry, said Kabam, because we’re going to make this thing called the Summer of Pain, and it will be the most brutally difficult and challenging content ever made, that will shred even the most developed of rosters.

The rewards are perfectly fine to me. I just want engaging content and to feel like I earned the rewards, which I (and I’m sure many of the others here) don’t believe I did.

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Who’s complaining about the rewards?

I’m complaining about the fact that aside from Carina’s challenges (great content btw) , and perhaps the gauntlet and Mulvaney challenge to a lesser degree, there hasn’t been any hard and engaging content since prenerf 6.4. But not to worry, said Kabam, because we’re going to make this thing called the Summer of Pain, and it will be the most brutally difficult and challenging content ever made, that will shred even the most developed of rosters.

The rewards are perfectly fine to me. I just want engaging content and to feel like I earned the rewards, which I (and I’m sure many of the others here) don’t believe I did.

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

OPs thread title is literally complaining about the rewards though. Too good, for being too "easy".

But he also wants to nerf Quake and other things like that, so, it's really just another thread to get people riled up between those who agree and disagree and it has worked well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Yes. With Parry issues and AI that's so oversped you have the narrowest of windows to do anything, let's make it harder and harder. SMH.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

I'm not bothered in the slightest in cav players using SoP rewards to leapfrog the imaginary hurdles to TB that they made up existing in the first place to start. However your last point doesn't make much sense as someone needing SoP to even reach TB and someone that had 10 R3s and Act 6 explored before the title got introduced in the first place can't have content designed for them both while being one difficulty level. My problem has never been players becoming TB easier today, it was always that TB requirements were a joke to begin with.

Yeah they should have made it tougher. For instance suppose u are on 'n'th position on leaderboard than they should have made it available to only top n/10 players on leaderboard. I am sure u would have loved it.
    Nah, Act 6 exploration and 3 R3s probably would have been fine.
    But why only 3 rank3s?

If someone is at top 10 position on leaderboard than he would only want maybe top 30 players to get thronebreaker. You might be having like 7-8 rank3 s on the day thronebreaker title dropped so u want requirement to be 3 rank3s. If someone had no rank3 than he would have wanted that there is no requirement for any rank3 for getting the thronebreaker title. Why do u think your demand is more important than others?

• Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★

xNig said:

Always gotta poopoo the new content Kabam puts out with these " it's too easy" or please "nerf the rewards"posts. Give it a rest already. Play the game, or don't if you don't like it.

And, this isn't a walk in the park for people who don't have giant rosters, a specific champ (at all or ranked) and hardly anyone is using 3/4* or could even have a chance with them (Ronan cheese being an exception for those with him).

Kabam knows what their doing to keep the game interesting for the majority of the player base (80/20 rule). It does not revolve around just the top players and, if I'm being honest, y'all complain here on the forum more than anyone else.

Excuse me.. “entitled end gamers”?

End gamers are “end gamers” because they have done everything and are probably more experienced than the “entitled Cavs” complaining.

They have earned their entitlement. Can the Cavs say the same thing?
    I'm sure those breaker of thrones cav players or any cav players that has had really bad 6* pulls and waiting to spend their t5cc can say that.

I'm a TB end gamer and don't feel the rewards are unjustifiable, either. I'm glad to have the rewards and that T5cc is becoming more available. Not all end gamers or all TB are entitled. Just the ones who continually expect the game to be catered to them instead of the majority of the player base. It's generally the same players who want hard content that only they can do, and the rewards that would be limited to them, furthering their gap with the rest of the player base and wanting more content afterwards that would just continue that trend.

Is this game or this event perfect? By no means. Bit Kabam has to find a balance to keep the majority happy and spend resources to make content an economical venture. Why would they piss off 95% of players by making time-limited content that they can't complete, just to appease the top 5%?

If it was my business, I know I wouldn't, unless there was some hefty profit margin there to support it.
    It isn't the case always.
    Endgamers can be happy with rare title and Cool pfp as well.
    Challenging content doesn't mean that you are entitled to give great rewards as well to widen the gap in case of end gamers who want to challenge themselves!