**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I hate to say this, but SoP’s Rewards to Difficulty ratio is way too high

Comments

• Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

Who’s complaining about the rewards?

I’m complaining about the fact that aside from Carina’s challenges (great content btw) , and perhaps the gauntlet and Mulvaney challenge to a lesser degree, there hasn’t been any hard and engaging content since prenerf 6.4. But not to worry, said Kabam, because we’re going to make this thing called the Summer of Pain, and it will be the most brutally difficult and challenging content ever made, that will shred even the most developed of rosters.

The rewards are perfectly fine to me. I just want engaging content and to feel like I earned the rewards, which I (and I’m sure many of the others here) don’t believe I did.

#MakeContentGreatAgain

Point well taken.

OPs thread title is literally complaining about the rewards though. Too good, for being too "easy".

But he also wants to nerf Quake and other things like that, so, it's really just another thread to get people riled up between those who agree and disagree and it has worked well.
    What? Did you miss my point entirely?
    Remember when Kabam said we would suffer on this content, and it would be the hardest thing ever? If I’m able to do it it’s definitely not very hard. I’m not very good at this game
    And I said nothing about nerfing quake here.
    I've been assured that he didn't miss him the point, and simply doesn't agree with it. Despite making comments that show he clearly missed the point, because he's too busy arguing to listen.
    Classy. This is typically where you and crc take the discussion when you can't change someone's mind and not everyone agrees. If someone is not for your opinion, they must have missed the point.
    Actually I’m doing it because you seem to be missing the actual purpose of the discussion entirely. I’m saying that this is going to throw off the game economy and make progression even easier for a lot of cavs, then when they hit a wall or tough content comes out the flood of “unit dump” complaints will be endless.

And nice job, resorting to “oh, typical crc” as a way to completely ignore the fact you are not comprehending the point I am trying to get across here
    I still get your point and I still don't agree. I'm saying it won't throw off the game economy. It's the same progression of resource availability that has been here since the game has been around. You just don't like it this time because you think it's too fast. And? So what. It's happening and it's happened like this all along.
    No it hasn't been the same progression of resource availabilty that has been there and that is our point.
    Pretty sure Kabam's point is the only one that matters and I'm also pretty sure they have the data and business sense to do what's best for the bottom line, regardless of either of our opinions.

BTaw, T5cc was introduced to the game (at least that's when it was added to inventory) somewhere around Feb 22, 2019. After 2.5 years, you still don't think that making it more available now is reasonable? Wow.
    More available in permanent content and "let's let nearly every cav playing the game get 75% of one" is a major difference
    Lol. You can already buy your way to TB as far as t5cc goes. That is also going to be easier to do in the not too distant future. Why the concern that some players who are putting in the effort for the rewards are going to get it this way?

Every cav player is shooting for TB at some point, and even those with a t5cc have to have completed 6.4 and have a champ they're willing to rankup. Not every cav has completed act 6 and not every cav is going to hit the 75% on this event. And many cavs will come after this event and have to get the rankup materials a different way.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Wow, 100 disagrees. I guess we’ll see if I’m right when the rewards pay out

Congrats my dude
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

How will you know? Sure people are going to be moving on from CAV to TB from this... Probably a good chunk.

But, people are still going to complain that something is too easy and other people will still complain it's too hard. How is that different than today? But more importantly, how will others getting TB from these rewards impact you or your account... Specifically?
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

How will you know? Sure people are going to be moving on from CAV to TB from this... Probably a good chunk.

But, people are still going to complain that something is too easy and other people will still complain it's too hard. How is that different than today? But more importantly, how will others getting TB from these rewards impact you or your account... Specifically?
    Because if this event causes them to push out r4s and the next title within like a month, it will affect my account
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I'm not bothered in the slightest in cav players using SoP rewards to leapfrog the imaginary hurdles to TB that they made up existing in the first place to start. However your last point doesn't make much sense as someone needing SoP to even reach TB and someone that had 10 R3s and Act 6 explored before the title got introduced in the first place can't have content designed for them both while being one difficulty level. My problem has never been players becoming TB easier today, it was always that TB requirements were a joke to begin with.

Yeah they should have made it tougher. For instance suppose u are on 'n'th position on leaderboard than they should have made it available to only top n/10 players on leaderboard. I am sure u would have loved it.
    Nah, Act 6 exploration and 3 R3s probably would have been fine.
    act 6 exploration is a great idea but why 3 r3s it will take years of hard work, good RNG because if this happens many players will get bored and feel burn out then quit the game.
    Years of hard work? I had 10 R3s and act 6 explored before the TB title existed...
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

It's quite an interesting feat to have 100 disagrees and 40+ agrees. Usually it's one or the other.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Tostig32 said:

MSRDLD said:

This community is the worst sometimes. Stop worrying about other people’s progression compared to yours.

Yup, but keep in mind the people on the forums are especially interested in keeping their valuable superiority complex because they did something when it was harder or "back in their day" things were different.

All video games of this naturally evolve exactly like this.Yet I only see the MCOC community react like this. Get over yourselves.
    I think this sort of tension is common in progressional games that live long enough. There is always a faction of players who think that natural game inflation devalues their investment in the game, and a faction that believes that devaluation is a reasonable price to expand the accessibility of the game over time. I've seen this fight take place in every MMO I played long enough to care about. Although to be honest, I probably didn't stick around long enough to see the first faction win in any game where I thought they had the upper hand.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Crcrcrc said:

It's quite an interesting feat to have 100 disagrees and 40+ agrees. Usually it's one or the other.
    Yeah, it seems incredibly divided here
  • Options
    CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    A single 6* R3 isn’t “carrying” anyone lol. A 15ish percent boost to one champs stats isn’t gonna carry anyone lmao. Hang on let me throw a 30% boost on and wham bam lama ham I can instantly breeze through act 6 paths 😂
  • Options
    Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Cav players rosters isn’t as big as a thronebreaker’s. Remember that.
  • Options
    HudsonmanHudsonman Posts: 52
    Crcrcrc said:

I love SoP so far, I think it’s been a wonderful event, and the rewards are awesome.

A bit too awesome at the moment

As of right now any cav players with mediocre skills or some unitd, even ones on 6.2, are going to receive 50% t5cc in selectors at the end. If the next 2 fights are close to the same difficulty, that will be 75% t5cc.

We are going to be having cav players working through 6.2 and beyond with a r3 6*, which are usually so difficult to obtain that it’s quickest to get abyss done. Nearly every cav player that has 6.4 done is guaranteed tb, and anyone before that is getting tb right with 6.4 completion.

Now, this sounds great for cavs, but in all reality it’s going to make late game progression even easier, which means that the next time we get hard content, there’ll be a lot more players who haven’t improved their skills enough and were carried through act 6 with a r3.

Tb is also going to no longer be a very rare title, because most cavs are going to be getting it after SoP.

There’s not really a solution other than a nerf, which would be a HORRIBLE decision, so there’s not really any options left here.

I just wanted to do a quick explanation of why I think content like this needs either higher difficulty by a lot or less rewards, because it’s bad for the game as a whole.

You're 100% right that the rewards to difficulty are way out of wack compared with what we are used to. But why complain about it? kabam is giving more rewards than we are used to for something that is fun and challenging but doable. How is this bad? Are you really upset that players less accomplished than you will have an easier time of 6.2 and 6.3? who cares?!?! Also I 100% act 6 plenty in advance of act 7 release so i am not one of the people benefiting from that. Just enjoy it and let less skilled players advance a bit quicker-doesnt affect me.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    This sop rewards system seems like the game
    Is driving a large quantity of cavs to be TB or close enough to TB.
    And TB won't be that exclusive in Cyber weekend deals, Good for business and making player base happy...

Can't wait for the next exclusive progression title from book 2 act 8...
    "The Re-Builder of BrokenThrone"