**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The grind is real I guess

Comments

• Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, just wanted to pop in and clarify that you do have the entire event (into October's event) to make your way through these solo objectives. Yes, a new set of objectives will open every week, but you do not have to catch them right when they open every week. When you finish your current set of objectives, the next one will become available to you, even if you are weeks behind. Hope this helps. :)

That doesn’t make it better. These are overkill, get rid of these massive solo objectives. Would be way better to just make a quest.
    you can do these while you do your event quest or story content or whatever - you know, stuff you already do anyway. this is LESS work than having a dedicated side quest.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

The problem is you have to finish with a special attack. Doing 100 fights is a grind itself. It makes sense if they want you to do more quests. But if I have to make sure I finish a fight with a special attack? That’s stressful. It’s not fun at all. At the very least make it a light/medium/heavy attack. Something that is easily accessible. Cause I literally throw a special and the opponent had 1% left. So now either parry/get hit till to you fill a bar of power or just kill the opponent and start over in the next fight.

Use Guilly 2099. We do it anyway.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Ygt said:

It's not that bad really. Duels, Ch. 1 of UC.

No, no duels. It's specifically say "quests, arenas and incursions"
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, just wanted to pop in and clarify that you do have the entire event (into October's event) to make your way through these solo objectives. Yes, a new set of objectives will open every week, but you do not have to catch them right when they open every week. When you finish your current set of objectives, the next one will become available to you, even if you are weeks behind. Hope this helps. :)

No, @kabam boo, it doesn't help at all. As CanuckDownUnder and others explained, it's doesn't help when we need to finish one set to get to the next one and there is a side quest in October we need to finish all sets to get access to.
    And if you have read all the responds in this post, you should have known that. It's have been said before.

If this image loader works like I think it will, you can see that you only have to do ONE set of the objectives, not all of that. Kabam is smart enough to not limit an event to just the super grinders. Once you get the title at the end of you solo objective, then you don't have to do any more. If you need it any clearer, YOU DON'T HAVE TO FINISH ALL SETS. You guys are giving a lot of **** for a misunderstanding you made.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

What's worse is that we can't unlock next objective unless we complete this one.

I guess this whole event is a wash if we don’t complete week one solo objectives. Two months wasted
    no. you can still complete them later and unlock as you go
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Boo said:

Personally, as an arena grinder I'm probably not going to have any difficulty grinding these objectives out, but the critical issue here is that while players technically have the entire event (55 days and counting as of today) to get through *all* of the objectives, they don't have that amount of time to get through *this* objective. In fact, players have no idea how much time they have to get through this objective, because they have no idea how much time they might need for all of the other weekly objectives. Players cannot casually knock these out slowly because they might run out of time on a later objective, especially given the magnitude of this one.

If one set of objectives comes out every week, players have to assume that *on average* they have to complete each set in about a week. If they take four weeks to do this one, or five or six, how are they expected to complete the rest? They can't assume there will be enough time to do that.

The only way it would be reasonable to expect players to complete these objectives in more than one week is if they knew with reasonable certainty that downstream objectives will take a lot less than a week: that they would be substantially easier to grind out. But they can't know that without knowing what they are in advance. The safe assumption is to assume they will all be as time consuming as this one.

I'm also assuming that a player only attempts one tier of objectives. I don't believe players should automatically assume they will be able to grind out every tier of this kind of stuff all of the time. But even limiting to just one tier series, which is 100 fights ending with special, that's a lot to achieve for most players in a week. And if they take more than one week, will it be their fault if they run out of time doing week 3 or 4 or the October events? If so, they don't really have multiple weeks to do this.
    I think it has a lot to do with specificity of the Cavalier challenge for this week. 6*'s only. 100 overall fights. Only KO's with specials. I get it that it's an objective but its quite specific. But there really isn't any cheese to it either which is another kicker. On top of all that, the MCOC duel profiles hardly work.
    Plus you can’t duel for this objective. I think it’s quest, arena and incursions
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@GroundedWisdom What on earth does G2099 have to do with it?

It's not about a specific champ, it's the tediousness of the actual objectives.

As @Savage123456789 points out, if you use a special to kill an opponent, and they wind up left at 1%, you're left with no power, so you've got to stand there parrying to build back your power again. Another terrible scenario is of you have a champ that inflicts a DoT as part of the special. Hype for example. Easy to gain power, but if the special 1 leaves them at 1%, the incinerate that comes with it will kill them.

It's a poorly thought out event, and I really can't find the logic in saying to use G2099.

If you're using her, finishing with a Special is a part of her playstyle. It makes it less tedious.