Back Issues #8: Deadpoolooza!

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I will continue once the bugs are fixed. Luckily the rewards don't have me running to complete this right away.

For goodness sakes Kabam, please test map 8 and make sure it goes well. The disaster a bugged map 8 will make this situation look decent in comparison. Just a heads up from an end game player.
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Chikel said:

DrZola said:

Is this dpx fight bugged? Dude follows the node and doesn’t throw s1 or 2 but immediately throws his s3. What up Kabam?

I think the answer is yes.

I’ve run that fight ~20 times. Every time DPX gets his Sp3, he immediately uses it. He has never used any of his other specials, despite copious dancing around and trying to tease them out.

I cleared him this morning using VP, Domino, Masacre, 3* DP and Luke Cage (6* R2). It took the team whittling him down and Cage tanking one Sp3, eating another and then getting a Sp1 stun lock to finish him off. No items used.

But…that was my fifth or sixth try using different teams.

@Karatemike415 has used Nebula with success by dropping her Sp2 with full shocks, but I wonder if it’s still possible for DPX to fire off his Sp3 before he dies. It worked for Mike.

Others on here have claimed to use Domino and killed him before he got his Sp3. That seems like it would take a lot of luck.

So, yes—I think it’s bugged, even though people have successfully cleared it.

Dr. Zola
    Horseman Domino can get an easy solo.
    I brought a team of Apoc, Wags, Prof X, Domino and Massacre.

- Apoc for horseman
    - Prof X for his 25% special increase and the Apoc synergy that gives horsemen +30% prowess potency
    - Wags for the damage boost from both his prefight and atonement synergy. He also has a synergy with Prof X that increases the potency of the atonement synergy

I sacrificed 2 revives on NC to get 4 charges on Apoc then made Domino a horseman. I also popped a 15% attack boost and a 200% power boost for good measure. My plan was to launch back to back sp2 but he threw his sp3 after the first sp2. It didn't matter anyway, the second did a massive 89k crit. The 15% attack boost was probably uneccassary but I had a lot of it and didn't want to take any chances.
    Horseman Domino can get an easy solo.

(Multiple synergy partners, multiple boosts, revives and maybe some good fortune)
    Lol. Just trying to offer a solution here. I went overboard with the boosts and synergies but Horseman Domino can still solo.
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★

Akj007 said:

Lol i think the one who designed this variant had a fight with his wife before the day...

Putting Havok in 2.1 quest is a joke ...
    How do kabam expect us to clear the lane with Mercenary class...

Taskmaster
    Venompool with Iceman synergy works as well
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

After finishing around 60% of this, I can certainly say that this quest is by far the hardest!! And it's not even close
    There are so many fights you literally can't have any counter for it, Vision Arkus followed by thing in 2.1, both left lanes in 3.2, and that's on top of my head, probably there are so many to count.

they forgot we can only access 15 champions only, most of them are trash.
    And the painful part is, same f****** rewards!!

Btw, I already cleared VP quest 100%, and I'm not a noob, I have everything 100% including Abyss and Carina's challenge, as well as all back issues.. (gauntlet and SoP as well) -FREE TO PLAY- until now, I have no interest to finish this stupid quest.

End of rant

Aarkus was annoying but Thing is easy with Gwenpool
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

After finishing around 60% of this, I can certainly say that this quest is by far the hardest!! And it's not even close
    There are so many fights you literally can't have any counter for it, Vision Arkus followed by thing in 2.1, both left lanes in 3.2, and that's on top of my head, probably there are so many to count.

Btw, I already cleared VP quest 100%, and I'm not a noob, I have everything 100% including Abyss and Carina's challenge, as well as all back issues.. (gauntlet and SoP as well) -FREE TO PLAY- until now, I have no interest to finish this stupid quest.

End of rant

Not to knock on your skill but aarkus was easy with a combo if TM and Domino. The health pools are low enough to not require and actual counter
  • Camby01Camby01 Member Posts: 572 ★★

DrDrill said:

End of rant

Not to knock on your skill but aarkus was easy with a combo if TM and Domino. The health pools are low enough to not require and actual counter
    I'm confused, I went into 8.1.2 read the nodes on the boss, didn't bring a bleed immune merc, I have very few. For the record I have 160+ 5*s not one less than r2. I have mad do with trash champs, some skill, and crappy rng for 7 years. So, because I could have brought in an r3 5* nebula and tanked the supposedly non existent special, it's my fault?
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    And now we wait
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★
    ETA on bug fix with venompool?
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,711 ★★★★★

ETA on bug fix with venompool?

The venopool isn’t bugging just very nich
  • Nihal_BNihal_B Member Posts: 11
    Funny how the final boss in variant 4 is 1k and the final boss in variant 8 is 100k
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Member Posts: 504 ★★★★

Hey everybody, here's an update regarding two of the Boss Fights that Summoners have given us a lot of feedback on: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/287449/bug-fixes-and-changes-for-back-issues-8-variant-difficulty

@Kabam Miike by later today that means when exactly? An hour from now or 12am pacific
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,897 ★★★★★

Hey everybody, here's an update regarding two of the Boss Fights that Summoners have given us a lot of feedback on: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/287449/bug-fixes-and-changes-for-back-issues-8-variant-difficulty

Sounds promising. Thanks for being responsive as soon as you were able and taking concerns seriously. I’m a little bummed I couldn’t pull it off before the change, but I will definitely take it.

Dr. Zola
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

Adressing the two biggest issues in a proper way 👍 Really glad to see it’s been handled this way in a timely fashion 👍
    Good luck dealing with all the threads demanding compensation in 3, 2, 1 🤷‍♂️
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    So am i the only one that experienced a bug on the first boss of the v8? The life cycle node doesnt work as should do.....

The first boss is also bug lifecycle doesn’t kill them before you hit in to he’s blocked
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★

Sounds awesome. I guess we shouldn't expect any compensation for the "quick-cleaners"
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Does red Deadpool’s damage scale based on star level or are all red Deadpool’s performing the same?
    @Kabam Miike can we getting this one fixed to

https://youtu.be/r0QF7O6x9PI

How about the other boss bugs?

The first boss isn't taking damage while at 1 HP, and the sym spider sometimes gets power from any hit given

He do u just hav to kil him one block
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★

Adressing the two biggest issues in a proper way 👍 Really glad to see it’s been handled this way in a timely fashion 👍
    Good luck dealing with all the threads demanding compensation in 3, 2, 1 🤷‍♂️
    as they should though. a bugged fight i'd say warrants it. as well as the improperly balanced fight.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,938 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

The first boss isn't taking damage while at 1 HP, and the sym spider sometimes gets power from any hit given

I've already did the boss after some attempts.
    He was also getting damage from incinerate debuffs, despite being immune due to lifecycle
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    ETA on the fix? DPX still has WARNING

Gamer said:

I've already did the boss after some attempts.
    He was also getting damage from incinerate debuffs, despite being immune due to lifecycle
    Jep I’m hav a video op above with where’s he reg all the way back then take damage
  • CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 329 ★★
    edited November 2021
    Gamer said:

@Kabam Miike can we getting this one fixed to

https://youtu.be/r0QF7O6x9PI

Is he Not supposed to be like Nick fury? I assumed that was as intended?. He’s easy to bring back down either way
  • SKIRMISHERSKIRMISHER Member Posts: 32
    Vp has changed now