**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TBP21TBP21 Posts: 21
    edited February 2022
    Having same android issue listed here in regular content (RoL), lunar side event and in AW (only content I've tried) since most recent auto update. Parry not working and blocks failing. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G. Several alliance mates also having issues.
  • TrickiterTrickiter Posts: 66
    Samsung s21 ultra
    Latest software version.

Parry and block input are almost unresponsive.

Maybe 3 out of 10 parries work. Similar
    frequency for block.

This is across all areas of the game i.e. story quest, event quest, arena etc.

Please fix.

Please also playtest on at least the popular devices before release. This is very frustrating and annoying.
  • NihalFayazNihalFayaz Posts: 73 ★★
    Just updated the game & can't parry. Lost in war. Then I went to winter soldier & realised some fights you can parry normally & in some fights it's just not registering. Android
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,472 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Fabwizi said:

I have worked on Banking solutions and if we get bugs like this we are screwed, even a minor bug is tested out with scenario testing.

1. Banking software is some of the worst enterprise software out there. And I’m not even talking about Fiserv or Diebold, I’m talking about the home grown stuff. I mean, it’s not hospital enterprise software, but then again nothing is that much of a train wreck.

2. Pretty much everything you’ve ever worked on has probably been modularized monolithic software. That’s where stuff like unit testing and integration testing can sometimes make sense. In game development (for this kind of game) this generally has no application, because there are no units and there is minimal integration.

There’s a lot of different software development models and expertise on one doesn’t translate to the others. Games like this are developed with non-abstracted layering. No one can just transplant their modules from one engine to another, nor can they reasonably test different modules without the others. When you ignore the kind of development or aren’t even aware of it, you get weird mismatched suggestions. Your suggestions are comparable to someone saying the developers should use a better inheritance model for champions. No matter how many years of C++ programming someone has, that suggestion would be no less weird. It might make sense if champions were C++ objects or classes, but they aren’t and nobody would make them that way (because that would break the development model everyone uses).
    That folks, is how you own someone, but keep it classy

• After the update the game is too laggy that i can't even play and i can't block Or parry dashing opponents
  • DragonUnleashedDragonUnleashed Posts: 62
    edited February 2022

Common People don't be like that, Kabam fixed the issue of the parry and dex issue being only exclusively on iOS devices, they now expanded the issues with android, now we all have it.. ! Thanks 😕

but a framerate and control input issue exclusive to iOS devices that is most noticeable when trying to Parry or Dex

On a more serious note: this is awefull, no way to play either War, AQ, new event quest, Arena, so I'm missing out on units, gold, battlechips and champs.

I was currently into a Carina challenge, updated the game and it ruinied the game so much, cost me revives and health, i had to exit the game.

First i thought it was me.. but "thankfully" its not just my noobiness.

Even arena, getting my bottom kick after only 7 rounds.. which is absurd, i play arena since the beginning, i know what I'm doing. the first few are doable as the champs are not strong enough to knock you out, but when they come near your healthpool, its a bull fight.

As i said before, when i try to dex, my champ parries

When i try to parry, i get hit in the face

Making it almost seem they're unblockable, but they aint, not really anyways, game just registers the input a millisecond too late i guess.

@Kabam Miike is there a way to install an official older version , from Kabam's servers ?

This is affecting so many people it should be allowed !

Sure no new eventquest etc, or new champs, but at least we can play the game, this problem is making lots of summoners quit, and I'm guessing having people quit is worse than a new event quest being postponed till problems are solved ?
  • Fabwizi said:

Any ways I am not criticizing I understand the game is built on legacy system and must be complex by now however basic things like Parry and dex on which game is built should remain intact.

If some node and champion interaction is bugged that's completely acceptable.

Parry and Dex aren’t “things” in the game so much as they are events that occur based on specific timing sequences. And time is not a simple thing in most game engines: time is often a complex calculated thing designed to allow the game engine to predict as much as measure what’s happening.

If you want an idea of the complexity of the issues surrounding how time works in Unity, and by extension how complex it is to keep things like Parry working exactly as players expect it to work from version to version, here’s one of the articles I referenced when I was researching the issues in MCOC last year, when it became obvious the issues were due to Unity engine changes. I’m not saying our problems were directly related to the issues presented in the blog post, I’m just offering it as an example of the level of technical specificity I was trying to familiarize myself with to understand what was likely going on better:

https://blog.unity.com/technology/fixing-time-deltatime-in-unity-2020-2-for-smoother-gameplay-what-did-it-take

Fun stuff.

Anyway, I wonder if some of the work they are doing to refactor iOS input handling has spilled over to Android in a way they thought would be innocuous, but turned out to be anything but. But that would be uninformed speculation at this point.
  • D1G1T0X1ND1G1T0X1N Posts: 176
    I can block and parry attacks when close but as a defender lunges in and you try to parry it registers as you did nothing and you eat the attack all the time. I would upload a video if I could. It happens in all aspects of the game.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,361 ★★★★★
    Now android users know why there has been compensation. Welcome to my IOS hell!
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 573 ★★★

Your Game is running at 12 fps?

Because a Lot of Android phones have that problem
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,361 ★★★★★

Your Game is running at 12 fps?

Because a Lot of Android phones have that problem
    Yeh that's terrible. IOS users have been have parry/dex issues for 6 months, its just the rage had died.
  • LonMLonM Posts: 32
    i deleted the game , then went to google search typed in marvel contest of champion APK , you can download last month apk and install back to old version to do war fights . This new version is beyond parry / dex issue , hell just loading fights into arena fells like im moving through a swamp , it is beyond slow and laggy.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Fabwizi said:

I have worked on Banking solutions and if we get bugs like this we are screwed, even a minor bug is tested out with scenario testing.

1. Banking software is some of the worst enterprise software out there. And I’m not even talking about Fiserv or Diebold, I’m talking about the home grown stuff. I mean, it’s not hospital enterprise software, but then again nothing is that much of a train wreck.

2. Pretty much everything you’ve ever worked on has probably been modularized monolithic software. That’s where stuff like unit testing and integration testing can sometimes make sense. In game development (for this kind of game) this generally has no application, because there are no units and there is minimal integration.

There’s a lot of different software development models and expertise on one doesn’t translate to the others. Games like this are developed with non-abstracted layering. No one can just transplant their modules from one engine to another, nor can they reasonably test different modules without the others. When you ignore the kind of development or aren’t even aware of it, you get weird mismatched suggestions. Your suggestions are comparable to someone saying the developers should use a better inheritance model for champions. No matter how many years of C++ programming someone has, that suggestion would be no less weird. It might make sense if champions were C++ objects or classes, but they aren’t and nobody would make them that way (because that would break the development model everyone uses).
    That folks, is how you own someone, but keep it classy

I think what he meant to say is that the issue we are facing would have been caught in the basic testing and not in released version.

Almost everyone I know who uses android is facing this issue. In my alliance 25 people uses android and all of them are facing it after the update. Such updates should not go live.
    In my alliance some Android people are saying they see similar issues, and some are saying they see nothing at all wrong. And among the people I see chatting about it in other channels, I see a similar inconsistency. So it is possible this problem would have evaded ad hoc testing.

I’m not saying Kabam shouldn’t test better. They certainly release things all the time that are broken in a way that even cursory testing would have caught. But inconsistent platform dependent issues like this one might not be one of those kinds of issues. Until we know what the issue even is, it is hard to say what would have prevented it.
    I'm on Android and didn't have parry issues in war but it's devastating in arena
  • PHJfinPHJfin Posts: 60
    This problem has existed for a long time, but now it's being forced on. Same thing was going on a while ago, maybe at times when all problems started to spread and iOS users got better refresh rates on phones.

Here is thread from 2019, and there are more of these way back. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1023422#Comment_1023422

Back in 2019 there wasn't this problem with 90hz to make game work at 45fps, it was 90fps. Now when 90hz is active, game is 45fps, and game loses controls, champions stutter in pre-fight. Map movements and other activities outside of fight are fluent.

Now when this "problem" is active, it seems like you're fighting unstoppable/unblockable enemies, as nothing works like it should, or how it used to.

For Oneplus 7 Pro I have a quick fix. See if it works on your phones too.

1. Go to screen settings and change resolution, and change it back what it was before change (might not be necessary to change back, but if that's your desiredd resolution...).

For example : QHD -> FHD and then back to QHD.

2. Change refresh rate to 60hz. If it already is, you might want to switch it to 90hz and then back to 60hz.

After this your game is working like it should. If you notice your game running smoother than normally, champions stutter or missing inputs, do these again. Party window is still very small
  • Any update ?? Cant continue AW like this. Atleast they have to hold the season.
  • OpxOpx Posts: 132
    Same probem. Aw is totally unplayable.
    Cant parry and too lags.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Haven't had any issues myself on Android (Galaxy A50) after updating, but maybe I just didn't notice in arena

Did some more arena this morning, still nothing.
  • Mcghee3Mcghee3 Posts: 93

Mcghee3 said:

Unfair for war we are high rank plat2 with possibility of reaching p1 and I'm assuming there is others placing higher with possibility of going higher again who will be facing same issues I say cancel this war hopefully get a hotfix for it and finish the season

It’s not unfair, what about all the iOS war players the past 7 months? Was that fair?
    Course it's unfair did I say it wasn't for IOS users ?
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    Fighting is not possible anymore. What the hell is this. Opponent just hits through the block and no parry. You can cancel aq and aw until this works.
  • Jason1noob_Jason1noob_ Posts: 25
    Since the update, parry issue worse than ever b4