**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Kossta13Kossta13 Posts: 27
    Pls kabam fix the game.. I'm playing on Samsung s21 ultra.... parry ,dexterity and blocking don't work I got wreck by cable and collussus map 5
  • Options
    Samsung Note 20. This morning it auto-updated and I missed a few parries in AW. However, once I noticed it updated I have not been missing many parries at all. So while the bug is definitely there, I haven't been feeling it as hard as others have. I've done full fights in RoL and even act 7 with minimal issues.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

Hey I found one thing.

When I ran the game with settings 120hz the Parry issue was less, however the game was a bit fast animation wise and during the start the champions went a bit blurry.

But as soon as I moved to 60hz the Parry issues were plenty.

Option is under motion smoothness on Samsung phones.

This never happened before though...Ran smoothly on 120hz

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Zero

One more thing to add to it earlier game was forcing 60hz now it is not.Its running on 120hz also.

But when forced to 60hz issues start to occur.

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Zero @Kabam Miike
    Definitely more issues when running on 60hz , plenty more.

But playing on 120hz is blurry and motions are fast but Parry timing is much better.
    Weirdly, I seem marginally better at 60Hz
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

S21 + Ultra 5G.
    Fix your game, this is complete garbage and don't even justify that you see nothing wrong. How is it that running Map 8 and Masters AW, I somehow forgot how to parry and Dex? Fix the aids. This is garbage.

Where did they ever state that they saw nothing wrong?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

ChriissR said:

S21 + Ultra 5G.
    Fix your game, this is complete garbage and don't even justify that you see nothing wrong. How is it that running Map 8 and Masters AW, I somehow forgot how to parry and Dex? Fix the aids. This is garbage.

Read through the forum thread. We're not here to regurgitate or act as a search function for you.
    That's not what they said at all. If you're going to make blatant claims, make sure they're accurate. No one likes the game being bugged, but making absurd accusations doesn't help anyone.
  • Options
    K1nnyK1nny Posts: 46
    K1nny said:

I’m on iOS and it’s been good until today’s update. I regret forcing the update - I manually went to the game page and downloaded it. Although the menu system is so much smoother, I cannot believe I’m missing so many parries during Story mode.

iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.3. Updated the game yesterday and story quest parties are not working for me properly. If it’s one time, sure maybe my fault, but when it happens a couple of times in the same fight or during the same quest, it becomes suspicious that it may be due to a bug.
  • Options
    Fred1Fred1 Posts: 37
    Here is an update from what I've seen on my XIAOMI Redmi note 10S :
    - the game seems to be faster than before (loading, switching from different panels)
    - Concerning the parry: the parry when we are close to the defender is "quite" reliable (for me), also the re-parry technique. But the problem is when the defender is dashing to me from a far position. In this case, parry is a pure mess.

Hope it helps to find a workaround !

Fred
  • Options
    K1nnyK1nny Posts: 46
    Fred1 said:

Here is an update from what I've seen on my XIAOMI Redmi note 10S :
    - the game seems to be faster than before (loading, switching from different panels)
    - Concerning the parry: the parry when we are close to the defender is "quite" reliable (for me), also the re-parry technique. But the problem is when the defender is dashing to me from a far position. In this case, parry is a pure mess.

Hope it helps to find a workaround !

Fred

Interesting. I think for me it’s mid-range. Good way to put it and try to reproduce it!
  • Options

ChriissR said:

S21 + Ultra 5G.

Read through the forum thread. We're not here to regurgitate or act as a search function for you.
    They never said nothing is wrong. They said they were unable to recreate the issue at the moment and asked for specifics from people using a specific phone at the moment to help recreate and norrow down the issue
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,048 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022

ChriissR said:

S21 + Ultra 5G.

It was a rhetorical question. No MOD ever stated they didn't see anything wrong. Zero said the QA person he's working didn't see any problems with their Samsung phone and that's it but he is not implying there isn't an issue.

It's just another forum person creating more unnecessary drama with their posts in this thread.
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    Stop torturing yourselves with the game bugs and uninstall the game, then look at google for MARVEL Contest of Champions 33.2.3 version and install it, until they fix the issue you can play safe on the older ver.
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/kabam/marvel-contest-of-champions/marvel-contest-of-champions-33-2-3-release/marvel-contest-of-champions-33-2-3-android-apk-download/
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

I created this video with screen press bubbles enabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9OOaabWj0

Screen capture showing press bubbles prior to attack landing:

Screen capture showing me getting kicked in the face:

This was recorded on a Pixel 3 running Android 12 at 2160x1080 at 60 FPS.
    New video with FPS showing on-screen.

https://youtu.be/cYKfAAESwLA
    Tried playing on my Pixel 5 and it's not nearly as bad. Timing still noticeably different, but not as severe. The game is practically unplayable on the Pixel 3.

Pixel 5. 90 FPS on loading screens, but 60 FPS during gameplay and in menus. Android 12 at 2340x1080.

I'll take a video and upload it when I get a chance.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    OnePlus 9, S21
    There's a lot more blur as well during the fights, it's painfully clear to see the blur during running out, but it's all over the game during fights.

Something seems off with the screen redrawing. In AQ with Special Delivery it showed I still 1 more hit before I had a lunch a special, but It started degenning and then it went to 0 without another hit which would indicate that icon didn't update correctly either.

• Options
    Shinyuu said:

ChriissR said:

S21 + Ultra 5G.

It was a rhetorical question. No MOD ever stated they didn't see anything wrong. Zero said the QA person he's working didn't see any problems with their Samsung phone and that's it but he is not implying there isn't an issue.

It's just another forum person creating more unnecessary drama with their posts in this thread.
    We are trying to troubleshoot the issue actively right now. I have a QA member with a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G which I've noticed has been mentioned a couple of times in the thread but he hasn't been able to see the issue. Our guess is that certain settings may be causing the issue so for those users with a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G would you be able to let me know what your screen resolution, frame rate, and any other performance settings are?

"Hasn't been able to see the issue"
    Hasn't been able to see the issue does not equal doesn't see anything wrong
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,048 ★★★★★
    Shinyuu said:

ChriissR said:

S21 + Ultra 5G.

We are trying to troubleshoot the issue actively right now. I have a QA member with a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G which I've noticed has been mentioned a couple of times in the thread but he hasn't been able to see the issue. Our guess is that certain settings may be causing the issue so for those users with a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G would you be able to let me know what your screen resolution, frame rate, and any other performance settings are?

That one single person doesn't see the issue. Zero clearly asks for anyone else with the same phone, what settings theirs are on and more details. None of this says "we don't see anything wrong at all period." Take the tinfoil hat off.
  • Options
    Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

ChriissR said:

S21 + Ultra 5G.

If someone has an issue but I myself do not see the issue they are having. Does that not mean I see no issue? They pick up a Galaxy S21 they would see the issue. You'd have to be blind to not see you can't parry, dex, or even block consistently.
    You're still wrong and its because the context of the original comment. The person was saying that the mods are saying they don't see an issue, as in nothing is wrong. They mods basically said they haven't yet been able to reproduce the issue as well as have already acknowledged the issue is happening, hence why asking for device specific information.
  • Options
    junkynotesjunkynotes Posts: 5
    I have a OnePlus 8t which has a 120 hz display. With the recent Feb update the game is continuously running on 120 hz and my swipes and taps are missed is this something happening to others i have to change my phone setting to 60 hz which fixes it eeeeeehhh
  • Options
    Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

Shinyuu said:

ChriissR said:

S21 + Ultra 5G.

If someone has an issue but I myself do not see the issue they are having. Does that not mean I see no issue? They pick up a Galaxy S21 they would see the issue. You'd have to be blind to not see you can't parry, dex, or even block consistently.
    You're still wrong and its because the context of the original comment. The person was saying that the mods are saying they don't see an issue, as in nothing is wrong. They mods basically said they haven't yet been able to reproduce the issue as well as have already acknowledged the issue is happening, hence why asking for device specific information.
    All these Android phones new and old are having the same issue. It's not 1 can't parry, other phone can't block, etc. We all have the same exact problem. Have you seen 1 person besides that post go hey I'm using an Android phone and I see no issue? Nope not a 1.
    Yes I actually have seen a few people not see it. Whether in this post or not.