**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

Roster strength is a better indicator than just having completed Act 7 now.
    The make it possible to have those rank up materials in story content/side quests/carina challenges. 3 r4s means you are either tier 1 wars or spent a ton at gifting. This is unacceptable imo.
    At the moment, they're not immediately available. Things will change. As with Thronebreaker, people protested the availability of Resources, and now it's old hat. Things that are introduced are not always going to be immediately achievable for everyone.
  • Options
    Alisson898999Alisson898999 Posts: 7
    This game can't be just for money, rethink, this 3Xr4 is disproportionate
  • Options
    Alisson898999Alisson898999 Posts: 7

5 years of playing and I've never been as unmotivated as I am now, we need something more accessible
  • Options
    Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    So its either grind your life away in the arena to farm units (no news provided that 7.4 bundle was even required lmao) and play high tier (top 20 AW) or spend $$ to get 3 r4 got it. I could finish all carina challenges rn and I would only have 2 r4s. Oh well get it slowly I guess
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Please do not nerf Thronebreaker rewards and offers bc of this.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

I am a very old player.
    By no means a whale but definitely not a zero spender.
    I have completed 100% act 7 (and all of book 1) - every variant - 100% summer of pain and 100% gauntlet.
    I cherry picked carina challenges.
    I bought max unit deals in both previous Black Friday and July 4th deals.
    I bought the 10k unit deal at the end of 7.4.

And so, as you can imagine, progression wise - after 6 years in the game, I feel that I should be at the top.

DESPITE ALL THIS I only have 2 r4 six stars and only half the rank up materials for a 3rd, and so fall short on the new Paragon title.
    How could this be?
    This is really maddening. It will definitely make me think again before spending a dime on a game that looks at my efforts and spits in my face.

At least act 6 had a full t5cc as a reward for exploration allowing you to become thronebreaker of you did the content. Needing 3 r4 champs makes paragon have nothing to do with story progression, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Unless eternity of pain comes out RIGHT NOW and allows me to compete my progression, I will be forced to reconsider my devotion to the game, especially if I will again be shafted come July 4th deals…

I read this as you being super close to getting the title. Sure, you won’t get the title right away, but much much sooner than most of us.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Cycobilly said:

What is wrong with people. Because you don’t qualify day 1 you’re gonna take your ball and go home? It says multiple times it’s for players who have cleared EVERYTHING. And yes you’d have 3 r4s if you finished everything and especially if you’ve spent earned units wisely.

I don’t spend on this game outside a bit on holidays. I have completed everything play in a top masters ally and have 3 r4s and close to a 4th. It has taken a lot of work. What is wrong with rewarding players that have put that work in? I am the furthest thing from a whale. But they keep the game going and don’t effect your life.

With that said finishing act 7.4 is not a great achievement for any player that plays at the higher levels. It’s not that difficult. The only progression way is to say you have to have finished everything. Well there are plenty that will never want to finish some of carinas. Speaking from experience the LOL ones except O Canada were ridiculous as well as Mikes revenge and punch out. So this seems to be a nice compromise for those like me who have grinded it out and those that spent on things like ggcs.

If you are saying titles have always been linked to completion, 2 real titles were linked to progression and now 2 linked to roster. It’s not like it’s been dozens of progression milestones. It was 2. Uncollected and cavalier.

As far as what we receive in r4 materials being in high level allys. I’ve been in top 20 aq ally for years and finished masters for just as long, placing in top 3 multiple times. With that being said the amount of R4 materials we receive at this time won’t change anything. Check for yourself. And don’t look at this season they just raised it.

I think what this title shows is that the tap is going to open on resources. With battlegrounds, story mode (already beta of 8.1) and I’m sure it will be elsewhere soon.

Most importantly, kabam needs to give a bt of something to their end game players. We don’t get much challenging content because most just complain it’s too hard. So war is our only real challenge and now hopefully battlegrounds.

I’ve finished everything and don’t have 3 r4s. Most don’t. Or do you mean finished everything , bought everything and play high tier aq/aw? 😂😂
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    After I finish Carina's Challenges (Two left, just waiting on the darn t4cc for my rankups), I will have 2 t6b and 2 t3a. I already have 2 r4s, so I will only need 1 more of each cat, then I can get the title. So long as r4 resources become more available, this really doesn't feel like a big deal. I'd like to get another ____ of Legends that has 3t6b and 3t3a in rewards so FTP players can get Paragon by doing just content without units offers, but it's not that big of a deal either way.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Wow Great timing to demotivate players like us. Yes I am not in High tier Aw ( P3 currently) and Aq( top 100). Have done all the challenges except Carina which I am working my way on. So F2Ps or players who don't spend money straight up screwed. There's difference between making said resources available slowly than having thake resources available only locked behind skill wall.
    TB came when people could achieve it without spending money. Because content had enough to give you one.

But 3 r4s is total bs. Because If this new event is like Summer of pain then only very few people will get benefit from that title and it's exclusive objectives. Now remember how much gap there was between CAV rewards and TB rewards due to the point and objective system. But I coud understand that as game still offered to get you TB title with your skills and content availability.
    But this new one does not give at all.it straight up BS to say have 3 r4s but when realistically players like me have at most 2 r4s at hand.
    Exclude the deals and look at the all events and content till now. There's no way F2ps and very low spenders have chance to have 3 r4s anytime soon.

I know now some people jump at me saying that SPENDERS DESERVE SUCH ADVANTAGE BLA BLA BLA BLA. In reality it's rich getting richer with really no scope for other players to catch up. let me clear one thing, don't say that people will get r4 materials eventually etc etc. It's still rarest resources ( not including gifting event and 10k unit deals)in game and it will not be available in big chunks. And if this new event as I said structured like SOP, it will be a straight slap to players like me as like SOP, we may get some chunk of r4 material ; after the event ends. I am still hopeful how that event turns out. But as usual it's kind of predictable how it will come out .
    Constant bugs, lags, Aw controversy and now this.

I don't understand how this is demotivating at all. It would be if it's something you could NEVER achieve but that's not the case here. You might not be Paragon day 1 but just like all other progression titles, you'll get there once you catch up.

You said it yourself, you don't high tier AQ and AW. That's not on Kabam and they can't just make a title to fit your individual needs or your personal requirements.
    You missed the point by mile like always. Why isn't demotivating??? Progression titles has been gated behind story content. TB was gated behind champ rank up wall. Understandable.
    But why new titel is being factorized behind PvP??? I never said to give war title to gold rank ally. I never said to factorize the war title in single mode content.
    It's the direction of game I am unhappy with. I am not sad that I will not get the title on day one. I am sad because it's doesn't give fair and equal shot when it's kind of gated behind competitive mode. Don't get me wrong here. I meant to say that they wanna raise the difficulty but they only have taken spending and competitive mode in evaluation when PROGRESSION TITLE should ans always been gated to solo mode regardless of AW/Aq. They used to add some bits to it but wasn't a factor behind it.
    So a player who have done all the content necessary to get r4 materials, had to be in like top alliances like top 20. So you mean this new title should only be exclusive to only 600 players meanwhile disregarding the SKILL factor????? Monetizing the Solo mode with includance of competitive mode with regards of spending too. Does it look like PROGRESSION TITLE OR TITLE made for very ELITE SPENDERS.

I can only guess that you may be in high tier war like p1 or masters alliance. And we already have issue of war cost at the hand. which ironically dealing with same issue. So can you tell me how much of SKILL factor is taken in acount rather than SPENDING when we talk about while community instead of certain group of spenders.
    Why the hell AW/Aq are benchmark for justification of Story mode title???? It doesn't make any sense except the spending. Would you will be happy if War titles are distributed if suddenly solo mode is taken into consideration. Will you justify it lol
    I am not currently in P1 or masters and I only have 1 R4 right now and I am a huge spender by most definitions. You're wanting to fit where you are in the game to the title presented. Just like Thronebreaker was available to those that did abyss and act 6 100% and had a R3, they did things others weren't wanting to do or willing to do. But these days, we are seeing TBs at level 56 because the mats are so much easier to come by.

There isn't anything different in this title vs TB. The day 1 release isn't meant for a wide majority but for those that are at the top because there is way less for them in the game to strive for. All they have is top tier AQ and AW to do. Also, AW and AQ aren't the benchmark for this title, it's just part of it because there is constant R4 mats in rewards.

There are F2P out there with 3 R4's, may not be as many as spenders but it's still possible. At some point we'll all be paragon and the same groups will be complaining about the requirements for the next title to be released.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★

After I finish Carina's Challenges (Two left, just waiting on the darn t4cc for my rankups), I will have 2 t6b and 2 t3a. I already have 2 r4s, so I will only need 1 more of each cat, then I can get the title. So long as r4 resources become more available, this really doesn't feel like a big deal. I'd like to get another ____ of Legends that has 3t6b and 3t3a in rewards so FTP players can get Paragon by doing just content without units offers, but it's not that big of a deal either way.

I’m happy I’m having things to progress.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

Roster strength is a better indicator than just having completed Act 7 now.
    In other words, Skills don't value that much but spending cuz I don't see a single reason why it is not gated Ike TB where you have to ton of content or burn the soul in AOL but everyone had fair and equal shot at PROGRESSION TITLE.
    But this one is totally SPENDING TITLE .
    Which title was not able to be obtained by spending?
    UC,Cav,TB
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Using AW rewards as justification is pretty bad, especially since the catties were only available to Master (top 20) until this season

I can see requiring 2… but 3 only really caters to top top .01% of MCOC

And as a warning, any Paragon deals on July 4 better not be insanely higher than TB (like the difference between Cav and TB is now)

But that's exactly what this title is intended for right out of the gate. It's meant for those who don't have much if anything other than high tier AQ and AW. it's not meant for someone that isn't at that point yet.
    Choosing to be in a lesser tier and aq rank shouldn’t come with penalties as well. If someone has everything done, didn’t buy unit offers at all they could still be short on prestige required to play in higher tier alliances for alliance quest. They may not have the time for high tier alliance wars or perhaps not the stress of dying or the skill needed for it.

2 r4s is an acceptable requirement because then it only requires a person to play the game and not hope for good rng or play with 29 other high caliber players.

I’m not going to leave my alliance of 2 years to chase after some more t6bc and t3a to get another r4 before the title release. No other content left, I can’t physically “work” on anything. No goals to set. So the option is if I want this title I have to leave friends.

And in the end, it won’t matter. R4 materials will become more prevalent as time goes on. Making people stress over it is ridiculous. Just my thoughts
    But that's the whole point. You don't have to leave or change anything because there will be other ways to get R4 mats. Some of us just won't be Paragon on day 1.
  • Options

I am a very old player.
    By no means a whale but definitely not a zero spender.
    I have completed 100% act 7 (and all of book 1) - every variant - 100% summer of pain and 100% gauntlet.
    I cherry picked carina challenges.
    I bought max unit deals in both previous Black Friday and July 4th deals.
    I bought the 10k unit deal at the end of 7.4.

And so, as you can imagine, progression wise - after 6 years in the game, I feel that I should be at the top.

DESPITE ALL THIS I only have 2 r4 six stars and only half the rank up materials for a 3rd, and so fall short on the new Paragon title.
    How could this be?
    This is really maddening. It will definitely make me think again before spending a dime on a game that looks at my efforts and spits in my face.

At least act 6 had a full t5cc as a reward for exploration allowing you to become thronebreaker of you did the content. Needing 3 r4 champs makes paragon have nothing to do with story progression, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Unless eternity of pain comes out RIGHT NOW and allows me to compete my progression, I will be forced to reconsider my devotion to the game, especially if I will again be shafted come July 4th deals…

Weird how you leave out where you stand in AQ and AW which is something they factored in for attaining R4 mats.
  • Options
    CycobillyCycobilly Posts: 28
    Jaded said:

Cycobilly said:

What is wrong with people. Because you don’t qualify day 1 you’re gonna take your ball and go home? It says multiple times it’s for players who have cleared EVERYTHING. And yes you’d have 3 r4s if you finished everything and especially if you’ve spent earned units wisely.

I don’t spend on this game outside a bit on holidays. I have completed everything play in a top masters ally and have 3 r4s and close to a 4th. It has taken a lot of work. What is wrong with rewarding players that have put that work in? I am the furthest thing from a whale. But they keep the game going and don’t effect your life.

With that said finishing act 7.4 is not a great achievement for any player that plays at the higher levels. It’s not that difficult. The only progression way is to say you have to have finished everything. Well there are plenty that will never want to finish some of carinas. Speaking from experience the LOL ones except O Canada were ridiculous as well as Mikes revenge and punch out. So this seems to be a nice compromise for those like me who have grinded it out and those that spent on things like ggcs.

If you are saying titles have always been linked to completion, 2 real titles were linked to progression and now 2 linked to roster. It’s not like it’s been dozens of progression milestones. It was 2. Uncollected and cavalier.

As far as what we receive in r4 materials being in high level allys. I’ve been in top 20 aq ally for years and finished masters for just as long, placing in top 3 multiple times. With that being said the amount of R4 materials we receive at this time won’t change anything. Check for yourself. And don’t look at this season they just raised it.

I think what this title shows is that the tap is going to open on resources. With battlegrounds, story mode (already beta of 8.1) and I’m sure it will be elsewhere soon.

Most importantly, kabam needs to give a bt of something to their end game players. We don’t get much challenging content because most just complain it’s too hard. So war is our only real challenge and now hopefully battlegrounds.

I’ve finished everything and don’t have 3 r4s. Most don’t. Or do you mean finished everything , bought everything and play high tier aq/aw? 😂😂

I said finished everything, and used earned units to buy unit offers. Only cash deals I bought was 2 odins on 4th of July. I bought the unit deals and 20 ggcs with units I grinded. And I’m halfway to a 4th. So if you’ve truly done all of the content I would imagine you’d be at 3 r4s if not very close.