Options

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,158 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Still no word about this issue.

Tomorrow drops the money cleaning event deals, and some people will buy another rank 4 champion just for the sake of this title.

Last thing you need now is to change the requirements after selling the product. So if we don't get any news about this till tomorrow, I can assume that nothing will change and that this issue will be going forward

I have my doubts it will change. It didn't change last time, and the feedback was on par.
    This is a whole other issue, not comparable to the situation with the TB title.
    I think they should make a title just for you and your asinine view. Only requirement for you is to pay your way to the title.

This is very much like TB. People didn't like the requirements then and you don't like them now. There is zero difference.
    Thronebreaker was a made up issue about "what about RNG". Paragon is "the catalysts do not exist in game without buying offers". This is not the same issue.
    Except they do exist in the game 🤷
    Ok, explain how an account right now can become Paragon. Assume they have no T6B or T3A, how do you get the materials?

You think this title is meant for someone with zero r4s right now?
    That's not the point of the question. The point is to have a path to Paragon laid out for those who can't be yet. That path does not exist.
    Best point I've seen since the issue was raised. You can't talk your way out of that fact.
    What do you mean it doesn't exist? Act 7? Act 8? EoP? Carinas? Future side quests? You know, all the same ways we've been r4 mats to begin with?
    Currently, that doesn't exist though. Everyone will get the title eventually. That's a GIVEN. But in the current state if you got TB during SOP you'd need to be an MSD of a player to 100% of all that content they've listed. Then counting gauntlet as well and then having the 10k units for act 7 completion offer is unrealistic. On top of this yes you need to calculate AQ and AW but who in their right mind is a FTP and has reached enough prestige and roster in the last 10 months to be playing in top alliances in both AQ and AW. Currently, if a player became thronebreaker recently and then mystically did all content in the game they still cannot unlock the title. You've raised some good points and people neglect those points I'll give you that but you're overlooking other points while trying to make ends meet. EOP and future side quests aren't out so to make assumptions that this will fix this issue is bold considering the event will follow the release of the title rather than be during the release of the title.

Wow, wasn't aware act 7 and 2 volumes of Carinas didn't exist yet.
  • Options
    Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    Just like T5CC has been made more available when Thronebreaker was announced. The R4 materials will start flowing as well. We all have been down this road. Most made thronebreaker and most will make the next.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    Lorddrew said:

90% of players i speak with see this as a cash grab, players having been asking for a new tier for 2 years. adding it change besides the to your QOL changes? mix messages to to community
    the game has been broken for ages, ....the audacity.

I don't think it's a cash grab. Where is the cash coming from? I just think it's a bit ill conceived.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 828 ★★★★
    Lorddrew said:

90% of players i speak with see this as a cash grab, players having been asking for a new tier for 2 years. adding it change besides the to your QOL changes? mix messages to to community
    the game has been broken for ages, ....the audacity.

90% of players think everything is a cash grab. Imagine a business trying to make money to stay in business….the audacity smh
  • Options
    RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 227 ★★
    edited April 2022

RicoShay said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Still no word about this issue.

Tomorrow drops the money cleaning event deals, and some people will buy another rank 4 champion just for the sake of this title.

Last thing you need now is to change the requirements after selling the product. So if we don't get any news about this till tomorrow, I can assume that nothing will change and that this issue will be going forward

I have my doubts it will change. It didn't change last time, and the feedback was on par.
    This is a whole other issue, not comparable to the situation with the TB title.
    I think they should make a title just for you and your asinine view. Only requirement for you is to pay your way to the title.

This is very much like TB. People didn't like the requirements then and you don't like them now. There is zero difference.
    Thronebreaker was a made up issue about "what about RNG". Paragon is "the catalysts do not exist in game without buying offers". This is not the same issue.
    Except they do exist in the game 🤷
    Ok, explain how an account right now can become Paragon. Assume they have no T6B or T3A, how do you get the materials?

You think this title is meant for someone with zero r4s right now?
    That's not the point of the question. The point is to have a path to Paragon laid out for those who can't be yet. That path does not exist.
    Best point I've seen since the issue was raised. You can't talk your way out of that fact.
    What do you mean it doesn't exist? Act 7? Act 8? EoP? Carinas? Future side quests? You know, all the same ways we've been r4 mats to begin with?
    Currently, that doesn't exist though. Everyone will get the title eventually. That's a GIVEN. But in the current state if you got TB during SOP you'd need to be an MSD of a player to 100% of all that content they've listed. Then counting gauntlet as well and then having the 10k units for act 7 completion offer is unrealistic. On top of this yes you need to calculate AQ and AW but who in their right mind is a FTP and has reached enough prestige and roster in the last 10 months to be playing in top alliances in both AQ and AW. Currently, if a player became thronebreaker recently and then mystically did all content in the game they still cannot unlock the title. You've raised some good points and people neglect those points I'll give you that but you're overlooking other points while trying to make ends meet. EOP and future side quests aren't out so to make assumptions that this will fix this issue is bold considering the event will follow the release of the title rather than be during the release of the title.
    Wow, wasn't aware act 7 and 2 volumes of Carinas didn't exist yet.

I didn't mention them because they're permanent content. Alliances aren't permanent for all players. Some don't make the cut. SOP and Gauntlet aren't permanent either. Nor is the final offer of act 7
    . That's the point I was making and again you're overlooking it completely
  • Options

With the TB title there were lots of people that wouldn't do an Abyss run or rank a champ that wasn't ideal. I didn't have any sympathy for that. There was a clear path to get TB if people wanted to get it. With this title, if you whaled out on the gifting event you're good to go. If you whaled out on offers, you're good to go. But you could have all content 100% and be unable to get the title. I'm not a fan. I don't think it's a hill to die on. I'm sure those of us who can't get three r4s will have the title before too long. I think it should be act 7 100% and 2 r4s though. Or there should be a way to get another R4. I don't mind working toward something but currently it's just a waiting game.

I agree with your take. Seems to me the main beef is not being able to attain the title day 1. I think that says more about the entitlement mindset of this community than anything kabam does
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    I think if the number was 10 and we all had to chase it based future content it makes more sense than 3.
  • Options
    SgtspankypantsSgtspankypants Posts: 14
    edited April 2022

The gap in difficulty between these 2 requirements is enormous. Why even have complete act 7? I completed act 7...im nowhere close to even 1 r4

Because this title isn't aimed at you.
    Yeah it is, and im gonna get it eventually. Just found the gap between those accomplishments odd. 🐀
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,158 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    RicoShay said:

I didn't mention them because they're permanent content. Alliances aren't permanent for all players. Some don't make the cut. SOP and Gauntlet aren't permanent either. Nor is the final offer of act 7

But Act 7, Carinas are part of that path. Act 8 has been announced and beta is about to start. EoP has been announced so both of those things exist. Someone who doesn't have any r4's hasn't done 7.4 so that offer is still valid to them as well as anyone that hasn't touched act 7.

Y'all said there's no path, there is an obvious one. The you move the goal posts again.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    edited April 2022

With the TB title there were lots of people that wouldn't do an Abyss run or rank a champ that wasn't ideal. I didn't have any sympathy for that. There was a clear path to get TB if people wanted to get it. With this title, if you whaled out on the gifting event you're good to go. If you whaled out on offers, you're good to go. But you could have all content 100% and be unable to get the title. I'm not a fan. I don't think it's a hill to die on. I'm sure those of us who can't get three r4s will have the title before too long. I think it should be act 7 100% and 2 r4s though. Or there should be a way to get another R4. I don't mind working toward something but currently it's just a waiting game.

I agree with your take. Seems to me the main beef is not being able to attain the title day 1. I think that says more about the entitlement mindset of this community than anything kabam does
    Agree , the community has gotten spoiled , tough love is the best remedy !
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Exactly the way I look at it.
  • Options

RicoShay said:

But Act 7, Carinas are part of that path. Act 8 has been announced and beta is about to start. EoP has been announced so both of those things exist. Someone who doesn't have any r4's hasn't done 7.4 so that offer is still valid to them as well as anyone that hasn't touched act 7.

Y'all said there's no path, there is an obvious one. The you move the goal posts again.
    What part of SOP and Gauntlet being limited didn't catch your keen eye? They're limited content so if you want to get in your time machine and come over here to do them for me I won't oblige. Never moved any goal posts.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

What part of SOP and Gauntlet being limited didn't catch your keen eye? They're limited content so if you want to get in your time machine and come over here to do them for me I won't oblige. Never moved any goal posts.
    Exactly, not everyone was Thronebreaker when those things were around.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

If you weren't, you would expect to be Paragon on day one because what?
  • Options

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

That's not what's at hand. It's that the seed for paragon was planted 10 months ago unannounced and if you developed a lot in that time you have no way to go back and qualify for paragon because time travel is a touchy subject. If we had known that a new title was on the roadmap then we'd be able to anticipate that the content was worth going for but with undeveloped rosters, I speak for new TB players that SOP was very had to clear initially let alone explore. Since then I've developed a lot, so I speak from experience but because I didn't plant the seed back 10 months ago or save an absurd amount of units for an "exploration" offer I cannot qualify for it. That's the issue. If the entire 3 r4's could be achieved through permanent content then I wouldn't kick up dust about it because it's set in stone and I can realistically get it but for now that isn't how it is.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

There's no design rule that states that when a new progression tier is added to the game, all of its requirements must exist simultaneously in permanent content for a player to be able to theoretically grind out starting from scratch.
    There are no rules for any of this, besides Apple forcing them to share drop rates, basically.

People are within their rights to criticize poor business practices and praise better ones. There are a bunch of Stans on this forum saying “you all complained about TB just the same.” When we identified specific differences between the situations, you fall back on “there’s no rule against it.”

You got anywhere else you wanna move those goalposts?
    Except there is no difference between the complaints about TB and the new title. Now just like then there are a subset of players who want the title sooner rather than later with minimal effort. There will always be a subset of players who complain about whatever requirements kabam puts out. What the requirements are doesn’t matter because to some it will always seem unfair.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,750 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

There's no design rule that states that when a new progression tier is added to the game, all of its requirements must exist simultaneously in permanent content for a player to be able to theoretically grind out starting from scratch.
    There are no rules for any of this, besides Apple forcing them to share drop rates, basically.

People are within their rights to criticize poor business practices and praise better ones. There are a bunch of Stans on this forum saying “you all complained about TB just the same.” When we identified specific differences between the situations, you fall back on “there’s no rule against it.”

There are always specific differences between any two situations. The question is whether they are relevant. Which makes the question of whether the expectations implicit behind those differences are reasonable relevant. In this case, I see no reason to believe they are.

You can advocate for whatever you want, and you can criticize whatever you want. But there is no goal for goal posts to mark. You don't get to define a finish line such that if you cross it you get to have what you want. If you don't like the Paragon requirements, that's fine. But if you want to make some objective argument that they are somehow wrong, you need to argue within the context of both general good game design principles, and the specifics of how this game functions. To be clear, you aren't required to learn either to provide feedback. But if you believe such things don't even exist, then your feedback falls under the category of "you want what you want" and that's all. The rest of it is just details juggling.

No one is "falling back" on anything. The people claiming that Paragon is different from Thronebreaker because of a very specific set of conditions are themselves attempting to invoke such a rule, when they claim those differences are meaningful. It is simply stating a fact that there is no such rule being broken, and therefore those differences are really distinctions without a meaningful difference.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

Fair, but it’s then equally fair to provide criticism against precedent of this nature. Should the next progression title be exclusive to Masters AW placement? Or top 10 AQ finishes? These are extreme examples mind you but it just seems like poor form that the justification for 3x includes temporary offers, content and content never before tied to progression in this game.

It seems the rule of 3 was set then mental gymnastics were applied on how to justify it based on previous content. Honestly the fix here is easy, Eternity of Pain’s content and Paragon objectives should be permanent content available to all after achieving the title. Remove the concerns of a “paywall” and this isn’t an issue.
  • Options

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

That's not what's at hand. It's that the seed for paragon was planted 10 months ago unannounced and if you developed a lot in that time you have no way to go back and qualify for paragon because time travel is a touchy subject. If we had known that a new title was on the roadmap then we'd be able to anticipate that the content was worth going for but with undeveloped rosters, I speak for new TB players that SOP was very had to clear initially let alone explore. Since then I've developed a lot, so I speak from experience but because I didn't plant the seed back 10 months ago or save an absurd amount of units for an "exploration" offer I cannot qualify for it. That's the issue. If the entire 3 r4's could be achieved through permanent content then I wouldn't kick up dust about it because it's set in stone and I can realistically get it but for now that isn't how it is.
    Should someone who couldn't do SOP just 10 months ago be paragon on day 1? I feel like the target is for people who breezed through SOP.....
    The target audience from the looks of things is players who have completed all content in game and to say that temporary events should count towards this is an oversight in my opinion. If the title was achievable by today's standards then I'd say that they're justified in putting that into their calculations but to say that something you didn't 100% finish (I still got out 7 lanes + 100% gauntlet) 10 months ago and is no longer available shouldn't count towards the progression of this title. A lot of highly skilled and developed players haven't been playing for 5 and 6 years to have their rosters developed in hopes of getting a title that got surprised announced. Not everyone has enough champions to grind arenas for the 10k unit deal. As I said, should have made the cut for the roadmap because a title is literally the single biggest game-changer for an account in terms of what it brings to the table
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

Should someone who couldn't do SOP just 10 months ago be paragon on day 1? I feel like the target is for people who breezed through SOP.....
    The target audience from the looks of things is players who have completed all content in game and to say that temporary events should count towards this is an oversight in my opinion. If the title was achievable by today's standards then I'd say that they're justified in putting that into their calculations but to say that something you didn't 100% finish (I still got out 7 lanes + 100% gauntlet) 10 months ago and is no longer available shouldn't count towards the progression of this title. A lot of highly skilled and developed players haven't been playing for 5 and 6 years to have their rosters developed in hopes of getting a title that got surprised announced. Not everyone has enough champions to grind arenas for the 10k unit deal. As I said, should have made the cut for the roadmap because a title is literally the single biggest game-changer for an account in terms of what it brings to the table
    Ya i think newer players who haven’t done the temp content cause they couldn’t definitely should not be paragon day 1
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    Per the new post re enabling the 7.4 offer was very much needed. Thank you kabam.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    So... tomorrow's Spring Cleaning event will give most of us this dilemma:

1.) Increase your roster depth by purchasing 6* Nexuses.
    2.) Strengthen your roster with R3 materials and 6* sig stones.
    3.) Get crumbs of R4 materials for Paragon with a premium cost.

So, yea choose your priority.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,584 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Per the new post re enabling the 7.4 offer was very much needed. Thank you kabam.

Agreed. That’s a considerate move.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,277 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

Speaking of goal posts, DNA was just pointing out that the Apple Guidelines are not rules. They're simply guidelines if they want to continue service in their respective areas.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,277 ★★★★★
    As for the differences, they're different goal posts.
  • Options

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

RicoShay said:

Ya i think newer players who haven’t done the temp content cause they couldn’t definitely should not be paragon day 1
    You're dodging my statement completely. Yes new TB players shouldn't have access to the title right out the gates because they want it. It should be earned. The thing about earning it is I shouldn't be punished twice for the rewards I missed from only doing 7/9 paths in SOP. The title appears out of the blue. They finally decide to bring the offer back but for someone like me who isn't going to reasonably grind out a solid 4.5k units in 14 days it's worthless unless it's announced to return on a given date in the future again. Temporary content shouldn't be gatekeeping players from being able to earn the title as a show of skill however. To the 10 people who are soon to be FTP paragons: congrats! but to those who didn't get to be as fortunate it stings to know that nothing in our power can give us that same opportunity to go back and explore the content. Either make the content permanent or adjust the rewards accordingly so that it is reasonable to get it with current existing content.