**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• I was extremely excited for the battlegrounds rollout. I've been working on my deck for months getting ready to hop in and see how far up the milestones and leaderboard that I can go. Now, unless I spend units (which as we know are the in game equivalent as cash) on elder marks, the most I or other FTP players can get are just the participation rewards.

This is super disheartening, especially after the last year of poor implementation of the game play engine and the still lingering input issues, the brazen play to win rank up materials, frequent lack of communication from the game team and what appeared to be a disregard for player base suggestions, and the mostly stale gameplay modes. Pre-rollout Battlegrounds looked like it was going to revitalize a lot of what has been going wrong but it looks like Battlegrounds is going to be (like others before me have pointed out) an Arena 2.0 mode where the player who spends a ton of money on refreshes (or in the case of BGs, Elder Marks) will win and everyone who can't afford to spend is left on the outside looking in.

Don't mean to be such a Debbie Downer, it just makes me really sad.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124
    Rather than just complaining heres some feedback.

Add Elders Mark to every tier of Victory Track not just each new division, make Elders Mark only useful for grinding through Gladiator Circuit and remove them as a requirement to earn rewards in the Solo and Alliance events. Make the premium currency only needed for the players who want to compete for the highest end rewards. Also add high end rewards to the Gladiator Circuit until Relics are ready.
  • FerahgoFerahgo Posts: 96
    I'm pretty dissapointed. The fact that rank rewards are so abysmal compared to the solo / alliance events that are hidden behind paywalls is pretty bad. I'm a spender but without rank rewards being worthwhile I won't be spending on this
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    This mode seems overly complicated and confusing, can someone answer this simple question, let’s say I play 5 or so matches a day across the entire event would I actually earn anything worthwhile?
  • 11993451199345 Posts: 341 ★★★
    3 wins in 5 hours of Battlegrounds...I'll pass...
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

This mode seems overly complicated and confusing, can someone answer this simple question, let’s say I play 5 or so matches a day across the entire event would I actually earn anything worthwhile?

Say you play 5 matches on average a day. This allows you to complete the win 5 matches 48 Hour objective. This gets you 9,100 Trophy Tokens. You may also make some progress on the Victory Track. Let's say you get to 10,200 Trophy Tokens in a month. This may be a slight overestimate.

10,200 Trophy Tokens can get you 15,000 6 Star Shards. You may also get enough Elder's Marks from your progress to get 500 more 6 Star Shards.

This will also cost 2,100 energy to achieve if you are maintaining a 50% win rate which is the expected win rate in the game mode.

If you are able to put together streaks in Victory Track you will earn more Tokens but that is far from guaranteed.

• 11993451199345 Posts: 341 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Markjv81 said:

Say you play 5 matches on average a day. This allows you to complete the win 5 matches 48 Hour objective. This gets you 9,100 Trophy Tokens. You may also make some progress on the Victory Track. Let's say you get to 10,200 Trophy Tokens in a month. This may be a slight overestimate.

10,200 Trophy Tokens can get you 15,000 6 Star Shards. You may also get enough Elder's Marks from your progress to get 500 more 6 Star Shards.

This will also cost 2,100 energy to achieve if you are maintaining a 50% win rate which is the expected win rate in the game mode.

If you are able to put together streaks in Victory Track you will earn more Tokens but that is far from guaranteed.

That's if you WIN all 5...every day...
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    You ruined a potentially okay-ish game mode.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    To think this is the thing that I've been hyped about every beta... I'm not mad, just disappointed
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Thanks for ruining the part of the game I was most looking forward to launching again. You can take your pay to play and shove it where the sun don’t shine. Most ridiculous cash grab I’ve seen to date on a game mode.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    Oh and let’s not forget you launched it with the bots still rampant. There’s no way a player can take a 4/55 sig 200 6 * doom down in less than 10 seconds.
  • KeonexKeonex Posts: 296 ★★★
    elders mark should not even be a thing.

to much work for so little, and forget about doing this as f2p.