**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

7 STARS ARE COMING

Comments

• GogiGogi Posts: 439 ★★★

Some of us are still trying to build a decent 6* roster, introducing 7* is another door I'm not interest in opening up.

You do realize that it's not a race? It's a game you should enjoy and play at you own pace. You are not forced to go for 7*, this is 6* story all over again.. and everybody is happy with them now.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    It’s quite funny cause I was just talking to my alliance and commented that we were running out of space on the champ display pics. Totally forgot that there’s space ABOVE the head. 😂
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    So the future of the contest is just a case of "Roster Reset" by adding 7*, increased healthpool and attack values?

Aside from that nothing will differ again from 7* and 6*?
    Not to mention, not all 5* have an equivalent 6* yet.

How about content? There is no content yet that actually stretches our current 6* roster the way act 6 did. No real difficulty in story yet.
    There are lots of champions that just sits in people's roster still with no relevance at all.

Like what I said on the main post on this, I would rather welcome the arrival of "wish crystals" that will get me my missing champs (not just 6* but from 1* upwards)
    I would also prefer content like another variant that would allow us to use our lower rarities.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★

Just me, personally, but when they do come out, I'm hanging it up. The news alone, gives me no real incentive to push for 6* R5s or spend anything towards more on Black Friday or Christmas if they're just going to be overshadowed by 7* soon after. I just got Paragon and my 4th R4 from 8.1 exploration shortly after. A fifth will be a long in short order after EOP and a little bit more time.

But, with this news, I don't really have a motivation to roster build 6*s if R5s if 7*'s are just around the corner and are going to reset the roster building race again.

In the grand scheme, it's been 6+ years and it's been fun. But, I do not see it being fun, FOR ME, to repeat the collection all over again, yet another time - especially when I know the 1st dozen of champs I'd get, will likely be Beast and IronMan or someone along that calibur.

It is what is, but I'm going to be happy to call it quits, cold turkey, once and for all, knowing that the game is destined to just reset and repeat itself, once again.

For those that want to keep doing it, kudos to you. FOR ME though, I'm just coming to a personal realization that I can only swipe and tap, with the same champs, sporting a new star, for so long.

Oddly enough, this is exactly what I needed to hear to break me away from the game without having any feelings of remorse... which, if im really being honest, has been my primary driver for awhile now.

I think a lot of people will be feeling like this. I’ve been pretty depressed about the game since the 7-star announcement. Especially after the Battlegrounds reward debacle.

I was really hoping that relics or another way of upgrading champs would be the future, not just another reset. I can see that ascension etc seem to be aimed in this direction but let’s be honest, no-one is going to be enthused about any form of 6-star as soon as the 7-star version is available).
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    I think that absolute judgments are announced here in the forum too quickly. It doesn't matter whether a champ's buff is released or, like here, game changes, some people immediately know exactly what it's all going to be like - without even having played with the champ for a second or without even knowing the exact concept of the game change in detail. I would like to see the whole scope first, test it myself and see how it behaves in reality. After that I can say if I like it or if I see it as the downfall of the game. But all extreme positions are inappropriate at this stage. At that stage, I take note of the information, I'm slightly skeptical as to whether it all works and I'm also slightly looking forward to what might be exciting to come. And the rest will show when I can test it myself

• mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    The power creep is a joke. You spend to keep up, and it just keeps creeping. Don’t spend, and you’ll be left in the dust. Everyone is trying so hard to grow their 6* roster and signature levels, and 7* comes along and makes it all obsolete within the year. 5* is the new 4*, then it will be 6* that are old news. Just don’t buy anything, ever.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    edited September 2022

I want 8*s.

This.... Maximum brain power
    They’ll be on the way soon after the 7*. Video games only survive by moving the progress bar. Free-to-play would probably be a lot more satisfying for players if this is all it’s ever going to be.
  • GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    I got down voted into oblivion when I said 7* were one of two logical next steps with relics being the other. I'm still not happy about being right.
  • Hey Kabam,
    Regarding the recent news of 7 stars being added to the game, please reconsider this decision. a vast majority of your player base will leave the game if this happens and frankly, regardless of what others think, I don’t want this game to die. If you choose to pursue this path no matter the potential benefits, your game will suffer exponentially in the coming months. I understand that your corporation needs to make money, but we as a player base just aren’t ready for 7 stars yet. your trying to make the game more enjoyable but this is not the way to do it. Fix battlegrounds, get bugs under control, create a fair ranked progression that is tailored to only benefit the summoner advancing in the contest (extra free rewards for advancement) , and keep this game alive.

Regards,
    A Concerned Summoner

When you say "vast majority" are we talking like 65%, or more like 90%? I think the game economy designers want to model this change and need a number to put into their playerbase simulations. When I think "vast" I tend to think more towards 85%-99%, but even 65% could be considered vast in absolute terms.

On a personal level, I would like to know if my alliance is going to end up in the top 1000, or the top 100 AQ At 65% I might also want to resume competitive war, if Platinum empties out enough. At 65%, probably not, but at 95% or higher, I think it might be worth it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Sunny2 said:

Warlockjr said:

Its the end of mcoc

Wait....I thought the PB changes were....no, 12.0 was....no, War changes were....no 6*s were....no Gated content was....wait...
    I dont understand comments like this. Rome wasnt built in 1 day but rome also didnt collapse because of one day. Its always multiple issues that take something down. You realize with each of those changes the community got smaller and kabams profits decreased. One of the main reasons this thread isn't 30 pages long like when 6 stars were announced and all those other things you have referenced is that alot of people have ALREADY left. I personally know way more people who have quit the game than who currently still play the game. I would assume many people are in the same boat. Every change is incremental. But you eventually get to a point where enough people have had enough and the thing comes crashing down. I don't know if this will be the event but eventually it will end after enough hits.
    People leave, people come, the game goes on. The idea that the game will end has been thrown out at every major change, and the game goes on. It's the most common objection to anything people don't want to see. I've even pointed it out myself, albeit backed up with my own views of what the game needs to grow long-term.
    The bottom line is, without something that facilitates longevity, which won't come from extra customizations or a few extra Ranks, the game really won't survive. The game itself is built on the acquisition and Ranking of Champions in increasing Rarities. Those added Rarities are what ensure it will continue. Not acquiring all the Champs we need, and building onto them. It's literally the foundation this game has been built on. Content follows the Champs, not the other way around.
    Well, to be precise it's a co-creation, but without new Rarities to grow into, the content will hit a wall.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Sunny2 said:

Warlockjr said:

Its the end of mcoc

Wait....I thought the PB changes were....no, 12.0 was....no, War changes were....no 6*s were....no Gated content was....wait...
    I dont understand comments like this. Rome wasnt built in 1 day but rome also didnt collapse because of one day. Its always multiple issues that take something down. You realize with each of those changes the community got smaller and kabams profits decreased. One of the main reasons this thread isn't 30 pages long like when 6 stars were announced and all those other things you have referenced is that alot of people have ALREADY left. I personally know way more people who have quit the game than who currently still play the game. I would assume many people are in the same boat. Every change is incremental. But you eventually get to a point where enough people have had enough and the thing comes crashing down. I don't know if this will be the event but eventually it will end after enough hits.
    Right, but we've always had people saying after every single big change that this is going to be why the game dies, and not a single one of them has been right. People are saying that 7*s will cause the game's death, but since they've been wrong about every single other one, I know where my money is best placed.

Do you have data on each change affecting the community size and kabam profits? Or just the length of a thread?

By the way, the 6* discussion thread was 35 pages over about 2 months. The current 7* thread is 9 pages after only 1 and a half days. I don't think that's a really fair comparison. Even if length of thread was a good indicator of how many people left the game since 6*s were announced, I don't think you've even compared it in an accurate way.
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 623 ★★
    xNig said:

It’s quite funny cause I was just talking to my alliance and commented that we were running out of space on the champ display pics. Totally forgot that there’s space ABOVE the head. 😂

That's exactly why I was worried, now you made it clear, don't forget the sides though. Now I am ready. Bring them to me.
  • i would like 6* able to be rank to 6r6 6r7 6r8 instead 7* ! i think it's better like this'
    7* will kill our game and all for what we worked
    . please listen kabam.
    more Rank of 6* it's better than 7*.
  • GogiGogi Posts: 439 ★★★

Warlockjr said:

Its the end of mcoc

To be fair after each one of those more people left the game. I can't see it "ending" thoroughly anytime soon but we will see some big names leave that will be missed, like my old alliance that was 5 years old, started slowly getting thinner of the old guard. Now it's completely new personnel and I'm in a relaxed alliance with a couple of the guys from the old alliance.
    Sad to see long term alliance mates leave the game, I take breaks from.time to time and I'm seeing my self take longer and longer ones with the last being 4/5 months.
    Well that isn't true, people are coming and going all the time.. for different reasons, don't want to play anymore, found other games or stuff to do, family etc. Just because people stop playing does not mean it's Kabams fault.. Announcing some awesome new features that is coming shortly does not mean people are going to quit, it's an bold assumption to think people are quitting for just that reason.
  • Musha27Musha27 Posts: 119
    I can't wait to pull a 7* Groot 😁
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

i would like 6* able to be rank to 6r6 6r7 6r8 instead 7* ! i think it's better like this'
    7* will kill our game and all for what we worked
    . please listen kabam.
    more Rank of 6* it's better than 7*.

What happens when more and more players have most of the existing 6*s and the only thing to look forward to from crystals is the occasional new champ every few months, which won't really affect the roster all that much? Just ranking champs higher isn't enough to sustain the future of the game.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    DocWest said:

You can’t even get max 6* yet and now we have to start all over again? I just left my alliance leader position and am quitting the game. Peace out

Bye bye
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    I just wonder for all those that say they are leaving due to 7*'s.

Are you staying until the first person has one or you already quit?

This way I know if our rankings will continue to go up this AQ and AW or we have to wait until spring for better rank rewards.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    Gogi said:

Warlockjr said:

Its the end of mcoc

To be fair after each one of those more people left the game. I can't see it "ending" thoroughly anytime soon but we will see some big names leave that will be missed, like my old alliance that was 5 years old, started slowly getting thinner of the old guard. Now it's completely new personnel and I'm in a relaxed alliance with a couple of the guys from the old alliance.
    Sad to see long term alliance mates leave the game, I take breaks from.time to time and I'm seeing my self take longer and longer ones with the last being 4/5 months.
    Well that isn't true, people are coming and going all the time.. for different reasons, don't want to play anymore, found other games or stuff to do, family etc. Just because people stop playing does not mean it's Kabams fault.. Announcing some awesome new features that is coming shortly does not mean people are going to quit, it's an bold assumption to think people are quitting for just that reason.
    In my experience playing online games for twenty years, I would bet almost anything that the most common reason for players to quit an online game is not rage-quitting because of a change they didn't like, it is boredom.

Boredom kills way faster than anything else. You can balance changes you don't like with changes you do like. But nothing balances boredom. So a game that doesn't take chances changing things, and doesn't want to risk angering some players by rocking the boat, is committing slow suicide. In fact, I would bet that most players that leave after some change they claimed to not like are in fact leaving due to boredom, and the last change they didn't like was simply the excuse to break with the game. But many of those players we already lost, it is was just a matter of time.
  • FigueFigue Posts: 83

Sunny2 said:

Warlockjr said:

Its the end of mcoc

People leave, people come, the game goes on. The idea that the game will end has been thrown out at every major change, and the game goes on. It's the most common objection to anything people don't want to see. I've even pointed it out myself, albeit backed up with my own views of what the game needs to grow long-term.
    The bottom line is, without something that facilitates longevity, which won't come from extra customizations or a few extra Ranks, the game really won't survive. The game itself is built on the acquisition and Ranking of Champions in increasing Rarities. Those added Rarities are what ensure it will continue. Not acquiring all the Champs we need, and building onto them. It's literally the foundation this game has been built on. Content follows the Champs, not the other way around.
    Well, to be precise it's a co-creation, but without new Rarities to grow into, the content will hit a wall.
    people come? how can people come if the gap is always bigger and bigger between players? I bet you 99% of players that start playing the game doesnt spend and quit playing in a couple of months.. i know a few cases.

The spenders that already are in the game are the ones saving him for now
    Figue said:

Sunny2 said:

Warlockjr said:

Its the end of mcoc

people come? how can people come if the gap is always bigger and bigger between players? I bet you 99% of players that start playing the game doesnt spend and quit playing in a couple of months.. i know a few cases.

I would take that bet, provided that AND clause is enforced. 99% of the people who start playing the game don't spend AND quit playing in a couple of months.

I already know that 99% of the players who ever downloaded the game are no longer here. That's just the result of turnover for eight years. But 99% not spending AND quitting in a few months, that one is a pretty safe bet.

What's ironic is it is rarity resets that reset the gap you claim make it harder and harder for new players to join. If those things didn't happen, this would be true. But at the moment, a player that starts today doesn't have a huge disadvantage in building a 7* roster over someone who has been playing for eight years. The veteran has *some* advantage, but that advantage has not been growing in an unlimited fashion all this time, because of rarity depreciation.

A whale that joins in November is going to catapult themselves past 90% of the free to play players that have been playing for years, and will only be at a small disadvantage to the whales of today. Any whale that keeps spending at a high level will preserve that advantage, but any whale that stops whaling will get overtaken by the whales of 2023. Because of rarity reset.

This is not incidental.
  • FigueFigue Posts: 83
    DNA3000 said:

Figue said:

Sunny2 said:

Warlockjr said:

Its the end of mcoc

I would take that bet, provided that AND clause is enforced. 99% of the people who start playing the game don't spend AND quit playing in a couple of months.

I already know that 99% of the players who ever downloaded the game are no longer here. That's just the result of turnover for eight years. But 99% not spending AND quitting in a few months, that one is a pretty safe bet.

What's ironic is it is rarity resets that reset the gap you claim make it harder and harder for new players to join. If those things didn't happen, this would be true. But at the moment, a player that starts today doesn't have a huge disadvantage in building a 7* roster over someone who has been playing for eight years. The veteran has *some* advantage, but that advantage has not been growing in an unlimited fashion all this time, because of rarity depreciation.

A whale that joins in November is going to catapult themselves past 90% of the free to play players that have been playing for years, and will only be at a small disadvantage to the whales of today. Any whale that keeps spending at a high level will preserve that advantage, but any whale that stops whaling will get overtaken by the whales of 2023. Because of rarity reset.

This is not incidental.
    i disagree, they do have a big disadvantage, they have to learn 5x time much things than 5-6 years ago, but now we enter in time frames, in how much time u can do that? catch the other non spender players (and what level of non spenders -cavalier, TB etc-). But my point was for the new players that spend in the game, and those are close to 0.

I was f2p and it cost me a lot to catch other nonspenders at the level i wanted to, and new players are not sold for that much time, dont see it from your perspective, you almost surely know everything of the game, but the new ones dont, for them is much harder and painful lol
    Figue said:

I was f2p and it cost me a lot to catch other nonspenders at the level i wanted to, and new players are not sold for that much time, dont see it from your perspective, you almost surely know everything of the game, but the new ones dont, for them is much harder and painful lol

When I first started I knew nothing, and was surrounded by a majority of players who knew less than nothing. Most of the knowledge out there was wrong. Today a new player can know more about the game on day one than I knew in month one just by reading a couple guides. I had to learn how to parry, today this is a skill people are encouraged to learn literally in their first week of play. There was no infographics, no Auntm.ai, no nothing.

Sure, I know vastly more about the game than anyone who would start today, and for that matter anyone in general, but the vast majority of that knowledge is also freely available to anyone who wants to know it by spending a small amount of time. Anyone can ask and be told how arena infinite streak works, which masteries to invest in, which content contains the best rewards, which champions are the best for clearing which content.

Someone starting today will, if they are active players, have their first 5* within the first month of play. They could, with even moderate skills, be Uncollected in a month. Within a year they could easily be Cavalier without blitzing the game. I became Cavalier in April 2019, more or less when 6.1 came out (I took a few weeks to build up units for the Cav offer). I started playing in 2015, so it took me over three years to become Cavalier. Obviously, because I had to wait for it to materialize.

I became Thronebreaker on October 1, 2020 (day one), and Paragon on July 1, 2022, which is about five years after starting and a bit under seven years since starting. How many years do you think it will take for a player starting today to make it to where I was in three years, five years, and seven years into playing? They'll reach those marks in less than half the time.

Most of the players I know in the game and play with are at lower progress levels than I am. They all progress at different rates. I have someone in my alliance that is attempting to become Paragon by the summer. He's not a whale, and he doesn't have superhuman knowledge or skill. I think he was barely Uncollected when he joined my alliance. He's just learning and playing at a reasonable pace. If he makes it, he'll have done so in half the time it took me. Now, again, part of the reason why is because I can't advance any faster than the game does. But that's the point. People who start today have a lot of advantages that allow them to have a decent path to catching up with the veterans. They have reward, content, and resource advantages, while we veterans have the disadvantage of constantly running into progress walls and constantly expending effort on things the newer players don't have to. A lot of my effort went into building up a 3* roster, then a 4* roster, then a 5* roster. A player starting today is going to have more resources per day than I did, but won't be spending those resources on what I did. They will leapfrog past that and devote most of their resources to 5*, 6* and 7* rosters.

If I knew nothing about the game and was starting today, I'm pretty sure I would be Thronebreaker in six months, and Paragon in a year. I would have a smaller roster than I do now of course, and would have cleared much less content than I have by now. But I would already be among the ranks of the end game players. In a year. That's called "catching up with the vets." Simply because progress in the game is so much easier today, and help is so much more readily available today.
  • ShaddShadd Posts: 4
    Seriously? 7 star champs now?!
    Common man! I've been playing for 7 yrs now.
    First half I was so proud having maxed out 4 stars and working my way upto 5 stars.
    Then I quit for a year
    Come back and getting 5 stars like crazy and then start getting 6 stars every now and then.
    I was finally confident in my gaming now to see that I'll have to work even harder to bring up my existing champs to get an even larger target to be able to compete with the MCOC players.

I'm just upset because I would've loved to have ranked and maxed out a majority of my 5s and maybe a couple of 6s before another rank was introduced.

Now arenas are going to be ridiculously harder then before! All the big spenders in the MCOC are going to be hiring extra help to grind in the arenas more then before.

Yes, I absolutely hate that! That's awesome that you can afford to buy so much in game but when having to compete in arenas against the big ballers, it's just not fair for anyone.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Shadd said:

Seriously? 7 star champs now?!
    Common man! I've been playing for 7 yrs now.
    First half I was so proud having maxed out 4 stars and working my way upto 5 stars.
    Then I quit for a year
    Come back and getting 5 stars like crazy and then start getting 6 stars every now and then.
    I was finally confident in my gaming now to see that I'll have to work even harder to bring up my existing champs to get an even larger target to be able to compete with the MCOC players.

I'm just upset because I would've loved to have ranked and maxed out a majority of my 5s and maybe a couple of 6s before another rank was introduced.

Now arenas are going to be ridiculously harder then before! All the big spenders in the MCOC are going to be hiring extra help to grind in the arenas more then before.

Yes, I absolutely hate that! That's awesome that you can afford to buy so much in game but when having to compete in arenas against the big ballers, it's just not fair for anyone.

Since you've been leapfrogging in from time to time I'm guessing you didn't catch the part where this time it's different than how six stars were introduced because anybody who can dupe a six star starting on November 7th will earn shards so you going to be able to earn them just like you were earning six star shards before.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    New rarity complaints aside, I'm wondering what the starting 7* roster will look like. Will it be similar to 5* release with mostly bottom tier champs or will we be getting champs actually worth going after? I don't believe I was around for 6* release so I don't know what that looked like. We may have a lot more time to collect 7* shards than we're assuming, if the first batch or two of champions aren't actually good.