**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This October: Trick or Treat throughout the Spotted Dimension Rifts!

124678

Comments

  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Do we have to do the Daily Objective daily, or do they stack up even if you don't complete a day?
  • Who knows a villain who was once imprisoned in a volcano 🌋
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 212
    Does the whole team need to be 6*s to pass the gate?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,918 ★★★★★

    Does the whole team need to be 6*s to pass the gate?

    No, you only need 1
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,400 ★★★★★
    40 cavs is gonna be awesome
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,400 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Wonder if I'll get a 6 star
  • DeewillDeewill Posts: 83
    This is the worst event yet.. being paragon I’m not going to keep doing it.. it really sucks I do t want the sorry rewards.. yes I’m negative because it doesn’t make a lick of sense..

  • IosifIosif Posts: 28
    rifts suck, i hate doing content with this type of rewards system. More and more slpaps in the face, as if was not hard enough to pull the champ you wanted from crystals, now even rewards are rng and the guranteed ones does not really matter, i hate rifts i hope they never come back. Screw rifts screw rng rewards i am so fricking unlucky always. i play this game for over 5 years and you give me this Kabam? screw that you all should be ashamed for putting out rewards like this. I'm not playing lottery screw you Kabam
  • Question - quitting after chancing the gate, will I get to reenter or the entry key will be consumed ??

    Please help !
  • WoowerinnWoowerinn Posts: 53
    Ist that a joke 1% to get proper reward?
    I am sure there willbe a token to buy a choosable line of corse for a lot of money
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,048 ★★★★
    This is also very confusing because it really gives you absolutely no indication of what you’re going into, when choosing which difficulty level.

    In the past, I’ve been able to 100% all of them, like epic and legendary - despite having an absolutely terrible 6* roster and never using any of them.

    But now for a Legendary run, I can only use 6*s, and I don’t have a single one even rank 2, so I could enter it, using my resource to enter a rift - and completely be obliterated and walk away empty?

    Like, I understand if this particular one is meant to be above my play level, but it’s like completely going in blind not knowing if I can do it or not, essentially wasting the spot.
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★

    Question - quitting after chancing the gate, will I get to reenter or the entry key will be consumed ??

    Please help !

    Consumed. 👍
    Release The Kraken!
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

    This is also very confusing because it really gives you absolutely no indication of what you’re going into, when choosing which difficulty level.

    In the past, I’ve been able to 100% all of them, like epic and legendary - despite having an absolutely terrible 6* roster and never using any of them.

    But now for a Legendary run, I can only use 6*s, and I don’t have a single one even rank 2, so I could enter it, using my resource to enter a rift - and completely be obliterated and walk away empty?

    Like, I understand if this particular one is meant to be above my play level, but it’s like completely going in blind not knowing if I can do it or not, essentially wasting the spot.

    Why can you only use 6*s? From what others have said, to get through the potential RNG rarity gate you only need 1 6* on your team and can use the rest of the spots on your team for 5*s if they are better than your 6*s.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,048 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Crine60 said:


    Why can you only use 6*s? From what others have said, to get through the potential RNG rarity gate you only need 1 6* on your team and can use the rest of the spots on your team for 5*s if they are better than your 6*s.

    Ah I see it’s a “x” Star requirement just to get through a specific gate - not to play the content. Now I understand.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I'm not a fan of the RNG paths...but surprisingly on only the 3rd day...


  • TaperaTapera Posts: 1
    Thanks Kabam for removing the Crystal for Gold exchange event. This makes the community more disappointed with the way they manage the game... Is 7 stars coming? Congratulations, I hope that many players continue to like the way they handle the game...

    Bugs, Nerfs and event cancellation is the summary
  • Anyone know where to find an ongoing list of targets?
  • Arjun_panditArjun_pandit Posts: 7
    edited October 2022
    . T5CC not bad
  • nomeporusarnomeporusar Posts: 3
    This side quest should just be called "get candy". I've got nothing else this far. One of my main issues with this game is how it allows for different players to clear the same content and yet get different rewards (some way, way, way better than others). Why even put several paths "available" when most players will only get the chance to do one (that they can't even choose)? Call it RNG, sure. I can accept it when opening random crystals, whatever, but making the rewards ugelly dependent on luck, when you have to work to get them it stops being a fair, balanced game and starts being just an unimaginative scam. Well played (not really).
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Wardo said:


    Exactly how "Random" is this, @Kabam Miike ? I've gone through 4 times on my Main, twice on my Alt (both accounts doing Legendary) and of those 6 times, I'm 6 for 6 on the Candy Path. 100% of the time, spread between 2 accounts, does not feel "Random" even in the slightest.

    The old Rifts that you had, the ones where Red Guardian was introduced, THOSE were good, THOSE were Random WITH the option of paying a cost to ensure you got the path you wanted once. I thought you at Kabam liked the idea of enticing your player base to pay (either money or In-Game Currency) to win or excel.

    I used to really love this game, but it's now a glitchy, laggy, amped up Defender mess, making it barely a shell of its former self.

    * The only reason I tagged you Kabam Miike is Jax's name wasn't coming up when I tried the tag *

    Where to start........?

    Why do you feel the need to quote a huge chunk of the original post that has nothing to do with what you are posting about and just makes it more annoying to scroll through? You didn't need to quote anything from the original post to make the point you were trying to but......

    Since you felt the need to quote the original post why didn't you bother to READ it yourself since it contains the answer to your question? Do you understand chance/probability at all? You had a 90% chance on each run to just get candy. That is "exactly how "random"" it is.

    Your use of quotes around the word random implies you think the game is cheating in some way and just giving you the worst outcome. Again, it is a 90% chance of a candy path, that isn't the game being rigged, they gave you the odds upfront.

    As for your point about Kabam liking to make people pay for things so they should give a path selector....... As has been pointed out multiple times in this thread already, Kabam would most likely not have provided potential rewards as good as what the small % chance is for you to obtain now if there was a guaranteed way to get whichever path you wanted.

    I do agree with you about the other complaints regarding the state of the game at the very end however.

    Also, it is possible to tag Jax and other people whose names aren't coming up in the way you know how to do it when making posts. You need to use a quotation mark after the @ symbol.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Additionally (I am making another post since editing posts sometimes makes them disappear into the approval void), I am aware the chance to get candy on every run so far is less than the 90% chance for each individual run. I believe the chance to get any of the other non candy paths on 1 of your 6 runs so far was about 47% (.9^6 = .53 and 1 - .53 = .47), though my recollection of the math may be off, so it is not at all unreasonable for you to have so far only gotten candy.
  • WardoWardo Posts: 16
    Crine60 said:

    Additionally (I am making another post since editing posts sometimes makes them disappear into the approval void), I am aware the chance to get candy on every run so far is less than the 90% chance for each individual run. I believe the chance to get any of the other non candy paths on 1 of your 6 runs so far was about 47% (.9^6 = .53 and 1 - .53 = .47), though my recollection of the math may be off, so it is not at all unreasonable for you to have so far only gotten candy.

    Did I ever use or even imply the word "cheating" anywhere in my entire post? No, I didn't, nothing of the sort. The quotes around the word "Random" were for emphasis about how 100% of my runs ended with the Candy Path, stats which are now up to 8 out of 8 (between both accounts).

    And I did read the entire post before commenting but thanks for assuming that I didn't. I knew that there was a 90% chance to land on the Candy Path, but with each additional run, my chances to hit anything other than the Candy (in theory) should sightly increase, something that hasn't happened.

    I'd debated not even replying to your comment as you seem incredibly pissy & aggressive (perhaps even toxic). I generally avoid back and forths when someone acknowledges me with the tone that you did, but I've started now so I'd might as well see it through as I'm not a fan of wasting time & effort. So if you're going to reply after this, please use some decorum & try to talk to me the way you'd want someone to talk to you.

    Thanks.
  • Wardo said:


    I knew that there was a 90% chance to land on the Candy Path, but with each additional run, my chances to hit anything other than the Candy (in theory) should sightly increase, something that hasn't happened.

    That's sort of incorrect, depending on how you are viewing it.

    All your previous runs (whether all candy or not) are done with and their outcomes are already known, they have no impact on future runs, of course.
    Each additional run has it's own 90% chance, independent of whatever happened before.

    Now, if you want to say IN IT'S ENTIRETY SO FAR, each additional run should improve your chances OVERALL, that would be correct only if the outcome of those previous runs were not already known.
    A single additional run can not improve your overall chances in this case, having already known that the previous runs were all unsuccessful.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    40 cavs. this month which costs 200k candies...basically 10 days of SQ ... rest is other stuff .. don't think they have ever offered this many cavs. ever before and i have already seen s**t ton of people pulling 6* Apoc from there.
  • Vis_101Vis_101 Posts: 28

    Candy working out fine for me.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Wardo said:

    Crine60 said:

    Additionally (I am making another post since editing posts sometimes makes them disappear into the approval void), I am aware the chance to get candy on every run so far is less than the 90% chance for each individual run. I believe the chance to get any of the other non candy paths on 1 of your 6 runs so far was about 47% (.9^6 = .53 and 1 - .53 = .47), though my recollection of the math may be off, so it is not at all unreasonable for you to have so far only gotten candy.

    Did I ever use or even imply the word "cheating" anywhere in my entire post? No, I didn't, nothing of the sort. The quotes around the word "Random" were for emphasis about how 100% of my runs ended with the Candy Path, stats which are now up to 8 out of 8 (between both accounts).

    And I did read the entire post before commenting but thanks for assuming that I didn't. I knew that there was a 90% chance to land on the Candy Path, but with each additional run, my chances to hit anything other than the Candy (in theory) should sightly increase, something that hasn't happened.

    I'd debated not even replying to your comment as you seem incredibly pissy & aggressive (perhaps even toxic). I generally avoid back and forths when someone acknowledges me with the tone that you did, but I've started now so I'd might as well see it through as I'm not a fan of wasting time & effort. So if you're going to reply after this, please use some decorum & try to talk to me the way you'd want someone to talk to you.

    Thanks.
    First, I will apologize if you felt I was pissy and aggressive, that was not my intent (and especially not to be toxic). I dislike text-based communication for this reason specifically, it is difficult to convey and interpret tone and intention a lot of the time. I do however stand by my points.

    To answer your question about you using or implying the word "cheating" - yes, in my interpretation of what you wrote you absolutely did. This may be another case of the difficulty of just reading something but in my experience when people use quotes around a word that isn't actually quoting some text it is meant sarcastically, like air quotes. It generally means you are expressing the opposite and, in this case, to claim that something that is RNG based is not random means that though they gave you the odds you do not believe they are being truthful with them, or they have modified them in some undisclosed way (or as some people occasionally post here, that specific accounts are being targeted with specific results in some way). I gave you the chance for the results you obtained to have occurred and based on the provided chance it was not unreasonable for that to have happened. Whether you or I feel the odds are fair or good enough is a separate matter, and not what you were expressing in your original post.

    Maybe the word "cheating" is the issue, but that is just semantics. I think it was reasonable to interpret what you wrote as claiming that the results you obtained were not random despite that being the way the event was presented to us. Further, you said that the results did not, "feel "Random" even in the slightest." Maybe you actually meant to just say you felt an emotion about that, but I think almost anyone would view that statement as an accusation or assertion that it wasn't random.

    My point about reading the post wasn't so much about literally saying you weren't reading it as it was to make the point that what I viewed as your claim that it wasn't random was not justified based solely upon the small number of runs overall you had already done and what the actual % chance was, based upon the original post you quoted with the odds of each path contained in it, for you to obtain the results you did.

    I felt that you in fact were taking an aggressive tone (though not directed at me) that was not supported by the numbers and was also annoyed with the unnecessary quotation of a lot of the original post. I find it very tedious and frustrating to scroll through very long forum threads looking for replies from Kabam and people quoting huge chunks of previous posts that aren't directly relevant to their posts makes it even worse, especially when it gets into a back and forth of reply after reply with the quoted sections getting longer and longer. I think those factors probably contributed to what I view as the somewhat sarcastic posting I was attempting, though my frustration seeping through was viewed differently by you and so I again apologize for that.

    I would also like to point out that I did say that I agreed with you about the other complaints you had mentioned and even told you how you can tag certain people who didn't come up for you in the list on the forums. That was my attempt at validating the points you made that I agreed with and not just shutting down everything you were saying and trying to be helpful to you. I am not out to antagonize other players, be provocative, be contrarian or a Kabam apologist.

    I wish you good luck in your future runs, hopefully the RNG results go better for you.
Sign In or Register to comment.