**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Dragonfei said:

Dragonfei said:

Forum mods,

All that really needs to be addressed is...

1. What was new about this event?
    2. What was the thought process/reasoning for not bringing back the gold offers?

Simple.

Ignoring your consumer base is not a good look.

If you would love an attempt at an answer of #2, here's a thread explaining why it would have been a terrible idea: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/316537/why-gold-offers-would-have-been-a-horrible-idea/p1?new=1!

Put simply - they were a bad idea to begin with, Kabam realized they were a bad idea (not that they can say that), and proceeded not to bring them back because they were a bad idea. B)
    I think we can all agree that there are all different types of players who struggle at varying degrees attaining gold. FTP heavy arena grinders tend to gain more than they spend. Other players are paycheck to paycheck in the gold department.

They could have offered the gold offers and catered to FTP and spenders at the same time. If you have grinded and have the gold to spend, great! For those that didn't, they could have added varying amounts of gold in the Unit Store packages and presumably made a lot more money off of that than the lame offers they did serve up. FTP gets value that is typically behind a paywall and spenders spend. Everyone wins, including Kabam.
    I recommend reading the thread I started.

The simple reality is that sometimes game design (and offers) need to be tailored around the players who will make the worst possible decisions for their account, and this is one of those cases.

For everyone passionately saying players should be allowed to make their own mistakes and fie on them if they do... you need to take a second to think about player experience and how that feels to someone. Player experience is tremendously important to Kabam as a company - as is maintaining a positive one. It's better for them, in the long run, to NOT put a whole ton of players in that position, because it creates a poor experience for them.

That's... honestly what it comes down to.
    Your other thread is RIDICULOUS... there is something called resource management and a lot of players shouldn't suffer cause a few don't know how to manage
  • KienRack123KienRack123 Posts: 19
    can’t wait for the next new thing lol
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 130
    Silence isn't clear enough as an answer?
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    I'm not sure if my account is allowed to post comments that can been seen anymore, but I echo the general response here.

This event could have been such a big W if they kept everything they had with money deals and also added gold trade in deals too. You would have still had the same people buy the cash offers, and the fun bonus of the gold deals would have likely pushed others to gladly open their wallets for a change in lieu of the awesome offering and spend some coin too.

I personally didn't spend at all almost out of spite because there were no gold offers. It sounds childish but my initial feeling was "there's no REAL appreciation from Kabam on the massive amount of time we invest in this game to get this amount of gold to afford a one off offer like this.... why am I bothering giving them my money?".

I don't know if there's a new aggressive income generating strategy being pushed by Kabam, but it seems lately there's less and less for those who don't have deep pockets, which is Ironic since this game is supposed to also appeal very much to Kids, and I don't know many kids who can afford cash deals as often as the game pushes them on us. My son started playing recently and I told him about the gold event from last year and he's done a lot of arena and saving up gold in the hopes of the hard work paying off, and his face of disappointment when the event started with nothing for him was so damn sad.. Pretty sure he hasn't logged in since Friday.... This whole situation just needless sucks in my opinion
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 130

The kids call it "ghosting."

The kids, you’re right
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    The duels were bugged and would kick you out before starting the fight. I lost many units for that in this event.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 221 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    Pugthugz said:

SCP1504 said:

I honestly would also like someone to at least acknowledge that this was heard, can you imagine how disinterested the playerbase was in the event, 10 or 12 points got you the 50% reward in the arena event lol

I had 6 points and hit the 31-50% bracket lol
    I have to admit I was shocked to hit the bracket I did with only 8 points! Given that gold was the main reward I’m guessing that many players just didn’t need gold as much to put in any effort?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★

Kiptonade said:

Pugthugz said:

SCP1504 said:

I honestly would also like someone to at least acknowledge that this was heard, can you imagine how disinterested the playerbase was in the event, 10 or 12 points got you the 50% reward in the arena event lol

I have to admit I was shocked to hit the bracket I did with only 8 points! Given that gold was the main reward I’m guessing that many players just didn’t need gold as much to put in any effort?
    No they were pissed at no gold offers and didnt want to participate in this joke of an event
    I think there’s a lot of truth to that. I saw one write up DNA did post the event. If I read it right estimated participation was 211,000 summoners ? If correct that sounds awfully awfully low.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Kiptonade said:

Pugthugz said:

SCP1504 said:

No they were pissed at no gold offers and didnt want to participate in this joke of an event
    I think you are way undervaluing how many people participated in that event. Watching Brian Grants video, he placed 63rd with 2200 something points. Top 1-500 gets the 6*. 1-10% represents way more people than you are trying to portray here.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure plenty participated. I'm also fairly sure most didn't put in as much effort as they would for say the original summoner appreciation arena which gave guaranteed 6*.

Many probably did the free duels and a few area teams they could each day (that's what I did to get 22 points) to just get into any bracket for the gold.
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★

Kiptonade said:

Pugthugz said:

SCP1504 said:

I think you are way undervaluing how many people participated in that event. Watching Brian Grants video, he placed 63rd with 2200 something points. Top 1-500 gets the 6*. 1-10% represents way more people than you are trying to portray here.
    Someone with 30 points got 4 million gold from the solo event, barely anyone did the event
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    @Amazing_Demon05
    Don't understand how you thought a single point might not be enough for a prize? The bottom bracket was 51% - 100%. The 100% meant that everyone who participated (regardless of how little) would get a prize
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 173
    @Kabam Miike can you just close this topic? Cos not replying for so long just proves what everyone is saying. So just close it to confirm it, thank you! Kaching done, let’s forget it and move on.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

i think everyone thought same ended up going for 1 or 2 points and forgot about it thinking we can just get 1mil and be happy enough with it.

One interesting straddle data point is that three points ended up in the 51-100% bracket and five points ended up in the 31-50% bracket. So we know about half the participants scored at least five points, and possibly as low as four points.

its interesting because the most points that most players could score with one arena round is three (four would require owning a redpool, which most players do not have as it is mostly paywalled). So half the players did at least "two things" - either more than one arena round or multiple duels. Most players didn't do a lot more than that, but it seems a substantial number of players went at least slightly big-brain and said "well a lot of people might just score one, maybe I should score a few more and call it a day."
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Kabam never responded with the gold offers frankly it's a shame but I moved on since I imagine they don't want to answer.

You moved on... Except to come back here and tell everyone it's a shame.... Yeah, seems like you moved on.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

i think everyone thought same ended up going for 1 or 2 points and forgot about it thinking we can just get 1mil and be happy enough with it.

One interesting straddle data point is that three points ended up in the 51-100% bracket and five points ended up in the 31-50% bracket. So we know about half the participants scored at least five points, and possibly as low as four points.

its interesting because the most points that most players could score with one arena round is three (four would require owning a redpool, which most players do not have as it is mostly paywalled). So half the players did at least "two things" - either more than one arena round or multiple duels. Most players didn't do a lot more than that, but it seems a substantial number of players went at least slightly big-brain and said "well a lot of people might just score one, maybe I should score a few more and call it a day."

You are completely forgetting or disregarding any player who wasn't intentionally participating in the event but who might use Gwenpool, Massacre or Venompool in their usual AQ team. Same goes for anyone doing their regular routine arena grind and happened to use "pool" champs while doing so. These players will have fallen into the upper 50% without even having to have paid any attention to the event at all.