**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

'The Banquet' details

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So what's the cap on the ammount of crystals that can be purchased?

Because this just looks like the same dumpster fire that the gifting event always was, completely going against what was stated here about scams, frauds and exploits:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/312825/update-to-holiday-event-2022-no-more-gifting

Its completely different in a fundamental way. The *gifting* part is mostly gone. And that changes everything.

According to the announcement, for the most part players will be buying crystals for themselves. To the extent that they will be able to gift, the gifts will have extremely limited value.

Why does it matter if you buy them yourself or are allowed to gift them to someone else? Because it is the gifting mechanism itself that amplifies the possibility of fraud by allowing fraudulent transactions to launder themselves.

To put it simply, if I use a fraudulent transaction of some kind to buy units, that transaction will be traced back to my account. But if I use a fraudulent transaction to buy units on another account and then gift the resources to my account, the fraud is traced to that other account, not mine. And while the gift exchange might be traced ultimately to my account, I can claim ignorance. I had no idea what that person was doing when we exchanged gifts. How was I supposed to know they were not buying legitimately?

Gifting essentially anonymizes fraudulent transactions. By essentially forcing everyone to buy their own crystals, Kabam can hold them singularly accountable for any fraud associated with those purchases. The likely relatively small amount of value associated with the materials that will be giftable - potions and such - will likely be too small to be profitable to exploit. Or at least dramatically lower the incentive to use the event for fraudulent transactions.

Selling Banquet crystals to players directly is no more exploitable than selling Odins to players directly. It was allowing accounts to gift that created the problem, because it created a disconnect between the account purchasing and the account ultimately receiving the value. To put it bluntly, the gifting mechanism allowed for literal money laundering. Removing that mechanism removes the critical component of the gifting event that made it uniquely vulnerable to scams and frauds.
    This. They would only be doing the process a favor by fraudulent purchases. People will always be able to make purchases. That might seem unfair to people playing for free, but such is life when some have the means and some don't.
    (More of an add-on than a comment to you, DNA.)
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★

Because this just looks like the same dumpster fire that the gifting event always was, completely going against what was stated here about scams, frauds and exploits:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/312825/update-to-holiday-event-2022-no-more-gifting

It's a mobile video game, let people blow an unbelievable amount of money so you don't have to watch a "Evony" ad every minute. It doesn't affect you bro
    So cheaters are fine as long as they give money. Is that what you're saying? Stop being ridiculous
    This isn’t cheating. It’s just people spending money and keeping this game alive and ad free. Do you have a problem with people spending 1ks on Odins to open cav? Same concept. They are spending on themselves and that’s fine. Some people will “keep up with the jones(whales)’. Everyone else can go about their business and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Can we get confirmation that Thanos and Kang will be available in the new crystals?
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★

do you know if there will be a limit on the amount of the banquet/greater banquet crystals that you can buy or the amount of consumables that you can gift?

If they did this I would eat my hat
    I’d put a limit of 999 999 999 just to see you eat that hat lol
  • Options
    arksarks Posts: 25

It's a mobile video game, let people blow an unbelievable amount of money so you don't have to watch a "Evony" ad every minute. It doesn't affect you bro
    So cheaters are fine as long as they give money. Is that what you're saying? Stop being ridiculous
    You can't gift crystals. How is someone going to cheat if you have to buy units or with real money? Why do you care anyway? Aren't you F2P and anti-anything involving real world money?
    he might probably one who was selling those for money in BM ... otherwise he wont be so pissed lmao
  • Options
    arksarks Posts: 25
    Ceder said:

Can we get confirmation that Thanos and Kang will be available in the new crystals?

yes both will be available along with weapon x
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    arks said:

Ceder said:

And Jessica Jones now. So we have 4 trophy champs in crystals
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    arks said:

Ceder said:

Is this your assumption or was it confirmed somewhere?
  • Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    allowing people to gift consumables will make it so modders and arena bots sell consumables for less than they cost as they donhave done in years past

my opinion is that no gifting allowed of any consumables be allowed, maybe to keep the holiday spirit of giving it could be changed to how the red pocket gifting event was
  • Options
    Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    So does this confirm that Jessica Jones is going into the category of "Trophy Champ" and it will be a very small % chance of pulling her?
  • Options
    Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    Am I correct in thinking that the end of war season overlaps with the date you need to be in an alliance by to qualify for this event?
    Seems like poor planning if so, we're looking to fill 1 spot at season end, but worry no one will want to jump ship if they have to stay in alliance to get these rewards??
  • Options
    MrOmegaBeastMrOmegaBeast Posts: 34
    Will banquet crystals have the same item/resource pool for every progression level?
  • Options
    OshEbAICSOshEbAICS Posts: 21
    14 days restriction it's not compatible with Battlegrounds event, I want to move to another ally for xmas event, but i will lose rewards for Battlegrounds I have work to
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    OshEbAICS said:

14 days restriction it's not compatible with Battlegrounds event, I want to move to another ally for xmas event, but i will lose rewards for Battlegrounds I have work to

As with anything in life, they are making you choose which you want to prioritize, aw, gifting, or bg rewards.