**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Posts: 150 ★★

Some defe

I don't think you suck, but I also don't think this Meta sucks. It's pretty simple, but you'll have to change your decks to deal with it. You can't just brute force it and expect to win. This Meta is not just affecting you but also your opponent. It's also not just there to negatively impact you; you need to lean into it with defenders that benefit from the node to trip up your opponents too.

Battlegrounds will have Metas that change every season, and they will require you to change your Decks up and invest in a more diverse roster. People with larger and more diverse rosters will have an easier time, as they should in a 1v1 PVP mode.

There are lots of people sharing counters and ideas around the forums. Take a look at some of those for ideas if you need them.

PS. The ones I see as most successful right now are the exact same Champions used in the 1st Meta of Battlegrounds ever with Bulwark and Explosive Personality. Lots of Armor Up champs on defence and lots of Nullifiers and Armor Breakers as attackers. Plus, this time, you can toss in Power Burn immune Champs too.

Not everyone has stacked decks most of the fresh Uncollected/Cav Players are getting destroyed by Vets because their rosters are not nearly as developed to counter such specific nodes that is pretty much a guarantee loss if you don’t have a counter.

That's rubbish. "Vets" I.e. paragons, get matched against paragons, even in bronze III. In victory track, you uncollected and cav players are still (unfairly in my view) only being matched by prestige.

You're not matching my r4 & r3 with 3 r2 deck.

So if you're losing, it's not that they are "vets".
    First I don’t think kabam has ever stated that it’s based off Prestige and second I have matched up with Thronebreaker almost Paragon Players while being still fresh to Cav in 6.2
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Basically you need power burn immune attackers or attackers who can remove the armour up buff ASAP.
    Just use defenders who start off with an armour up. Unless the opponent has an immediate counter you’ll probably win.

Whilst I get the buff…it is rather niche and if players just pause to try and win it’s going to make for a boring BG season.
  • tntsltntsl Posts: 64
    NearJr said:

Pungapoo said:

NearJr said:

FiiNCH said:

Manup456 said:

@FiiNCH you know the player base is large and everyone wants to compete in BG but doing stuff like making seasons champ or class specific is a bad idea when players are busting they butt to get resources to rank champs that can actually be used in most of the other content? Do you think everyone has a huge selection of champs? I’m actually in a different position because I have the champs and materials but how about my alliance mates who don’t and others who don’t, they don’t count and shouldn’t me upset?

You do realise that the majority of the counters to these nodes are considered good/great champs..

Galan
    Hulkling
    Doom
    Tigra
    BWCV
    Hood
    Valkyrie
    Medusa
    Falcon
    AA
    Hulkbuster
    Titania
    Namor

Your argument is just lazy. People either haven’t prepared, or aren’t choosing the right counters.
    I have been playing the game 5 years and have a fairly deep roster and I have only 5 of the champs you listed ranked up. And those 5 are 5* champs who are nearly worthless in BG. I have only 2 of those champs as 6* and they aren't ranked up because they are unawakened and I have maxed 5* versions already.
    Your argument is also lazy. Many people simply don't have rosters deep enough to be competitive in this BG.
    If Kabam wants BG to be a popular game mode, and according to the last survey they sent they clearly do, then they shouldn't use nodes that much of the player base will hate.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    @MarvelSPMAN14 Sorry bro, they had a thread they could have merged this conversation into that was more active and they picked this one. I’m not gonna say why I believe that was done. Again sorry people are gonna try and roast you now but know this is not even a skill issue it’s more than that.

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023

God I friggin HATE the matchmaking. Matching vs title only is GARBAGE.

Imagine being Uncollected 🙂
    Already at Gladiator Circuit 😉
    Paragons sweat each other at Victory Track 😂
    Prestige matchmaking bs 😠
  • xTURKISHxxTURKISHx Posts: 70
    Even worse is when you finally do come close to winning or you are doing good the game freezes you or lets the defender break right thru your block... really is laughable.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    I'm gonna give this season a chance. It is more roster based this season. Whoever has more diversity in champs and ranks of said champs will have the advantage more times than not. This season feels more like a game of chance than relying on your skills as a player. I believe that is what is upsetting people the most. Knowing you have the roster and champs to win but not getting the right counters. I could be wrong. It still is day one. Let's see how this shakes out.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    NikoBravo said:

Guess you need Galan

Hes gotten banned literally every single match so 🤷‍♂️
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023

Huzzah!!

• BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    I'm a very early Paragon (3 r4's and 9 r3's) with a pretty slacking roster. I've still managed to win almost every match, some against much bigger accounts. Seems like this meta is weeding out the players that actually understand the game/node interactions vs those that just use Hercules + revives for everything.
    There's a ton of ways to work around the node (AA reduction, armor break, nullify/stagger/fateseal/neutralize, power burn immune, damage immune/reflect, Valkryie/Masacre) AND if you see a hard defender/attacker that you don't have you can just ban the champ (ex. I always ban Hulkling cuz he's really good for the meta).
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 494 ★★★
    Can we please add a heavy attack to remove chitin charge option? If that gets added, at least the skill component goes up. There are some match ups that are impossible. No one wants to face Colossus, Nimrod etc. who gain multiple armor ups and then some more with the chitin charge.