**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BG question to Paragons

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Greekhit said:

The larger issue is starting out with no rhyme or reason, and that makes the first two weeks of the entire process unreasonable. To the point where it makes no sense in playing at all until the dust settles.

That’s an issue too.
    Accounts should “kick start” at VT tiers based on the previous season final placement.
    That would allow a totally random matchmaking (within the same bracket), and protect the lower accounts from facing higher accounts from the start of the procedure.
    Then no one could complain, because everyone will be getting what their combination of account and skill can achieve.

I like the idea but

how do you propose we get the rewards that are given as we progress through the ranked tiers?
    In the mail.

Welcome to Season 4! You're starting in Diamond III, here are rewards from the lower tiers. Good luck!

Not that hard Kabam.
    This is exactly right. Even if we just did bronze-silver-gold-platinum for uncollected-cavalier-TB-paragon, that’d be ideal. Weaker rosters have peers to battle to gain experience. Stronger rosters deservedly avoid the grind.
    When Cav players get to Diamond but then reset down to bronze next season, while Paragon players get to start every season at platinum for doing nothing, you're probably going to discover that this is not ideal. This will get your house burned to the ground with you and your pets still in it.

Keep in mind the system we have now works perfectly fine, except for all the people who hate it. It is easy to come up with something that works if you ignore all the people who will hate it. Changing which people hate it without reducing their numbers is not progress.
    I think you’re wrong. You would’ve removed the TB and paragon players from the matchmaking pool for Cavs early, shortened their path to GC, and made wins more attainable at low levels.

UC bronze
    Cav silver
    TB gold
    Paragon platinum (or put with TB if that’s too much)

Hate and spite are powerful motivators. After the garbage cyber weekend offers in 2020, I saved my units and pushed through 6.4 and 7.1 to become TB. You wanna start in gold? Kill the grandmaster.
    I think if you want to place a bet on what people will complain about, I'm prepared to take that bet and give odds.
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    I don't know where this "weak players face only weak players" comes from. Have any of these weak players sent you any proof or where'd you get this data from? I am Uncollected, and I made it to Vibranium after spending about 5k elder marks and facing a lot of Thronebreakers after I made it to Diamond 3.

I'm not claiming there's nothing wrong with the matchmaking and it's perfect but claiming we're getting those rewards handed over to us with no effort because we only have to face weak players (which is kinda what you're implying) is just not true either.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's not the same situation as War. Two different systems entirely. No one is taking anyone's spot. You win your Matches, you go up. There's no limited space in Brackets. Unless you're talking about the Leaderboards, and you'd be scarce to find anyone that low in the top spot. This whole issue is being exaggerated by the fact that people think Players with lower Accounts don't deserve more Rewards, and if they're playing better in BGs, they do. Whether the system allows it or not.
    People are playing primarily for currency to buy what they want in the Store. Not to steal anyone's "spot". This War mentality doesn't apply to every aspect of the game.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Greekhit said:

The larger issue is starting out with no rhyme or reason, and that makes the first two weeks of the entire process unreasonable. To the point where it makes no sense in playing at all until the dust settles.

That’s an issue too.
    Accounts should “kick start” at VT tiers based on the previous season final placement.
    That would allow a totally random matchmaking (within the same bracket), and protect the lower accounts from facing higher accounts from the start of the procedure.
    Then no one could complain, because everyone will be getting what their combination of account and skill can achieve.

I like the idea but

how do you propose we get the rewards that are given as we progress through the ranked tiers?
    In the mail.

Welcome to Season 4! You're starting in Diamond III, here are rewards from the lower tiers. Good luck!

Not that hard Kabam.
    This is exactly right. Even if we just did bronze-silver-gold-platinum for uncollected-cavalier-TB-paragon, that’d be ideal. Weaker rosters have peers to battle to gain experience. Stronger rosters deservedly avoid the grind.
    When Cav players get to Diamond but then reset down to bronze next season, while Paragon players get to start every season at platinum for doing nothing, you're probably going to discover that this is not ideal. This will get your house burned to the ground with you and your pets still in it.

Keep in mind the system we have now works perfectly fine, except for all the people who hate it. It is easy to come up with something that works if you ignore all the people who will hate it. Changing which people hate it without reducing their numbers is not progress.
    I think you’re wrong. You would’ve removed the TB and paragon players from the matchmaking pool for Cavs early, shortened their path to GC, and made wins more attainable at low levels.

UC bronze
    Cav silver
    TB gold

Hate and spite are powerful motivators. After the garbage cyber weekend offers in 2020, I saved my units and pushed through 6.4 and 7.1 to become TB. You wanna start in gold? Kill the grandmaster.
    I think if you want to place a bet on what people will complain about, I'm prepared to take that bet and give odds.
    Yeah, but I won’t. I’ll be happier. And since I don’t live on these forums, if a bunch of people complain about these improvements, I won’t care.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

@Chatterofforums what is your channel, let's your gameplay

Channel is MCOC AlBundyRules. I took over a year break but recently started it back up.

https://youtube.com/@mcocalbundyrules9946

Wait so this.... LMAO
    @AverageDesi so I did some self promoting 2 to 2 1/2 years ago in a indirect fashion. What in the world does that have to do with this topic?
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Channel is MCOC AlBundyRules. I took over a year break but recently started it back up.

Wait so this.... LMAO
    @AverageDesi so I did some self promoting 2 to 2 1/2 years ago in a indirect fashion. What in the world does that have to do with this topic?
    I have nothing against self promoting. Infact props to your for your helpful videos. Just found it funny you lied.and you confirmed it in this thread. Not relevant to the thread I agree.
    I never lied. When did I ever say that it wasn't myself? Not saying all information and lying is not one in the same.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★

Wait so this.... LMAO
    So you dug into his posts from 2yrs ago to prove what point exactly?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Nothing like a post from 2020 to prove a pint in 2023.
    Gmonkey said:

Gmonkey said:

Essentially when you fight a similar roster it comes down to luck. Are you the first to pick, I would love to see the win rate on the person who places first.
    If you have bad draft luck you have no chance.

For example if me and someone else get matched and we both have galan, rintrah, hulkling, nickfury. The winner is most likely who has these champs show up in the draft versus not.

There are actually a number of counters this Season. Some of them aren't the usual picks for Ranking.
    I know I have most of them ranked up. 25 r4 and 80+ r3. A lot does come down to luck in drafting and who goes first
    Fair. Just making the statement. I have a number Ranked because I'm somewhat less conventional.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Greekhit said:

That’s an issue too.

I like the idea but

In the mail.

Not that hard Kabam.

UC bronze
    Cav silver
    TB gold

Yeah, but I won’t. I’ll be happier. And since I don’t live on these forums, if a bunch of people complain about these improvements, I won’t care.
    While I don't believe the forums are always representative of the playerbase as a whole, if we shouldn't care when people complain, why should we care about the current state of BG match making? The only problem with it is people don't like it.

I also don't live on the forums. And neither do the Kabam developers. Should I and they not care either?
    That would literally be the end of progress for anyone other than Paragon.
    .....or.....hear me out.....everyone including Paragons focus on winning their own Matches. Not who else is winning theirs.
    Ignorant? I'm sorry, but an ignorant concept is manually separating everyone based on Title. Your suggestion ensures people stay in one place based on where they're at in other areas of the game and not based on their performance in BGs. Ignorant is negating anyone's efforts under you.
    Pretty sure your suggestion backed up what I said. I'm not getting wrapped up in a word hole.
    Graves_3 said:

Pretty sure your suggestion backed up what I said. I'm not getting wrapped up in a word hole.

The suggestion given doesn’t affect anyone negatively. It just incentivizes beating tougher opponents. Uncollected vs uncollected matches still give you 1 token for a win a take 1 token away for a loss just like it is now. So explain how this is end of progress for anyone other than paragon. In fact it helps everyone. If UC/cav matches with a new TB and wins, they get an extra token than what they get now. So please explain.
    You mean it doesn't affect any Paragons negatively. What it also fails to do is reward people in BGs for using BG skill.