**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is BG matchmaking encouraging you to avoid increasing prestige?

ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
Battlegrounds matchmaking changes now cause players to get matched up by prestige or pi in every track of victory track. Meaning, higher your prestige, the harder of opponents you face from bronze 3 all the way to diamond 1. Is this causing you to change your progressing strategy?

Is BG matchmaking encouraging you to avoid increasing prestige? 215 votes

Yes, am now avoiding ranking up or using sig on on prestige champs
36%
Mr_PlatypusDanielRandJerryJiverChovnerLJFTigerphilBuildJayedJoyBluestoneMrTicTac19992008rockykostonPrimeSaviour_27MoosetiptronicLovejoy72AleorNapaHeroEakomoDragonking732Kappa2gSidDDragon 79 votes
No, doing rankups and sig as normal
56%
GroundedWisdomDL864VaniteliaLeNoirFaineantSeverus35Heinz11MagicBentonWorld EaterRaganatorFrostyRobbo101TendersquadKDoggg2017TerrayossHenriqueSCCPDarkrider05Cat_MurdockVergeman78Mhd20034 121 votes
No, I want to fight 16.5k prestige account every match and am purposely trying to max prestige
6%
Leediman39meoreanDRTOphil56201Dsc0721pingu_tucnacekSkyLord7000ChiefGoatSirGamesBondVittoTenukeringAverageDesiChaosticeMiniMFHusalah2010 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I am already facing accounts with 17k+ prestige, even though I'm not even 15.5k.....so I don't think it matters too much, specially in GC
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★
    Halpy said:

However, I think i will start ranking and sigging normally from now on as the next bg season the prestige matchmaking will be gone

Will it? do you have the source/link around? haven't read anything official like that but some vague statement about the matchmaking being monitored without any specifics.

• Options
    Halpy said:

I have avoided increasing my prestige all season even at the cost of using expiring generic sig stones on og hulk. However, I think i will start ranking and sigging normally from now on as the next bg season the prestige matchmaking will be gone

It will be gone? Did I miss something on that?
  • Options
    Mackey said:

What are parameters for this prestige matchmaking, do we know?

Only because I'm at approx 15.8k prestige but I have faced guys with 12k prestige quite a few times 🤔

In what bracket? That will happen on GC and maybe occasionally in higher brackets like plat or diamond if not enough lower prestige on and in the bracket of the lower prestige player.
  • Options
    Halpy said:

Halpy said:

I have avoided increasing my prestige all season even at the cost of using expiring generic sig stones on og hulk. However, I think i will start ranking and sigging normally from now on as the next bg season the prestige matchmaking will be gone

It will be gone? Did I miss something on that?
    That's what I believe will happen after all the complaints they got.
    I like your optimism, but wouldn't hold my breath, at least not for so soon. Those raising this concern has to fight tooth and nail to just get a very basic and very vague reply from one mod.

There was nothing in that reply to even hint that they were making any changes or that they were even taking our concerns seriously.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    At 15,2k im already facing high prestige match ups. Besides like people before me said, doesn't matter in GC and I have always reached it for the past 4 seasons.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,117 ★★★★
    edited February 2023

Imagine holding your own account back bc you're too scared to match people at your own level 😂

I have to assume your at a lower progression level as you clearly have no clue how different it is between accounts at higher prestige. One person around 16k prestige may have a few high prestige not great r4 champs while another similar prestige may have 20+ r4 champs, top defenders and all new champs.

Similar prestige at high levels does NOT mean similar roster strength nor does it mean you want to face off against someone from master AW alliances every single match starting in bronze 3 while UC player are getting to GC going against noob accounts.
    @Worknprogress was a mega account. Not a whale, but at least a dolphin. He is likely to be that 30+ r4 account that you meet in bronze 3 at the start of the season... (Unless he's stopped playing at the top!))
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    my account prestige is only 12.5k and this season so far i have gone up to platinum 1 in BG. All the account i faced against in the platinum tiers are 14-16k prestige. I have no idea why the huge difference.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    However, i did noticed i was facing opponents around my same prestige at the earlier tiers bronze - gold. which caught my attention and i stopped using my sig stones cause i don't want to get my prestige up and have accounts with a plethora of r4 defenders while i have only a few. I'm not avoiding the rank up at all but definitely not using my sig stones as i used to.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I was at 15.7 before getting my r5 to push me to 16.2 so I have no choice but to rank. If is was a Cav or TB I'd do everything to not reach Paragon.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    I said “no” because I have already messed up by ranking up too much. Now I just accept BG will be a milestone collection task and not anything worth trying to succeed at….
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

I was at 15.7 before getting my r5 to push me to 16.2 so I have no choice but to rank. If is was a Cav or TB I'd do everything to not reach Paragon.

What a stupid comment.
    How, exactly, is that a stupid comment?
  • Options
    you want to handicap your account for easier matchups? bruh....
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

What a stupid comment.
    Inferring this supposed ‘issue’ is severe enough to halt all personal account progression in the game. That’s laughable.
    Getting all the VT rewards plus even low-level GC rewards for a season or two is worth slowing progress IMO. Build up shards/sigs/cats then jump up a huge amount. You did read the topic of the poll, right?
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

What a stupid comment.
    Inferring this supposed ‘issue’ is severe enough to halt all personal account progression in the game. That’s laughable.
    Getting all the VT rewards plus even low-level GC rewards for a season or two is worth slowing progress IMO. Build up shards/sigs/cats then jump up a huge amount. You did read the topic of the poll, right?
    That doesn’t matter, because you’ll still be increasing your prestige/PI and making it harder to reach GC in later seasons (apparently).

So you’re defeating your own argument, which is why it’s laughable. Not to mention you’ll be handicapping yourself in all other areas of the game…

• Options
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

What a stupid comment.
    That doesn’t matter, because you’ll still be increasing your prestige/PI and making it harder to reach GC in later seasons (apparently).

So you’re defeating your own argument, which is why it’s laughable. Not to mention you’ll be handicapping yourself in all other areas of the game…

Holy moly you don't understand strategy at all.