**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I'm

It’s unbelievable that kabam continues to make decisions that widen the gap between “free to play” and “pay to win” accounts. The whole argument of new end game content becoming devalued because you can farm revives is horrendously obtuse. Free to play players rely on this system of farming to even attempt content. I understand the argument kabam wants to relay to us, that the “loophole” of auto farming makes difficult content easier due to spamming revives at the fight… BUT GUESS WHAT… that happens regardless.. they are simply upset that we aren’t PAYING for them. That’s where my problem stems from.

I understand that if kabam doesn’t make money, the game dies with them. I spend money on OFFERS, but units for the use of content. This is just another attempt of them continuing to dissolve any advantage that players have. They spoke about the same issues regarding BG when players were upset about the token costs and how kabam spoke about how players can BUY tokens in the store. If our unit usage continues to grow on these baseless items that have been easily obtained in the past, only to be “nerfed” due to “loopholes” and “exploits”, or “unfairness” to the content.

Removing the ability to CONSISTENTLY farm these revives from say dozens a day to only 2 GUARANTEED per day( 1 from objectives, 1 from quest) then WE ARE SCREWED. If this is implemented, I would be confident to bet that the MCOC community will depreciate even more than it already has in the past year.

Side note- I just ran path 5 of AOL a few weeks back and it took me 150 revives that I farmed from 3.2.6 AS WELL AS 700 units. How can we be expected to do “end game content” when it takes MONTHS to farm enough revives.

I offer no solution to this “revive problem” because this isn’t a problem at all. The problem is kabams overly controlling nature of their behaviour to push down free to play players and limit their abilities to do content. If they want more money they can simply craft better offers that attract more spending.

So why is F2P and "Pay to win"... Cause trust me on this ..the so called "Pay to win" actually don't spend much on revives... Do we get to call u "Free to abuse and win"?...
    Just to make sure I am not supporting this change... It feels awful, the direction this is going is really bad; but really F2P vs P2W?....
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

You can spend your time harvesting unlimited units from battlechips in the arena to do content. is that a “loophole” that’s going to be closed down in future too to prevent me progressing in the game like these revives farmers?

That's not the same really. We saw the same thing happen when people were milking lower content for the guaranteed Rev.
  • Options
    Onurre2 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Thank you for your feedback, we are reading every comment. Please keep your messages constructive; most of you have so far, thank you for that.

Based on the feedback in this thread, we have started internal discussions around adjusting revive/potion inventory caps. This is not a guaranteed change, but is what is most prominently being discussed.

These conversations will continue to take place behind the scenes and could grow to include other potential adjustments as well.

We will use this thread to provide updates if/when we have news to share.

and so the bargain I was talking about earlier may/may not/if/when/or/what/how/who... begins...
    That's not even a bargain unless they make it 4x what is right now... And they won't increase it by much because of the simple reason that they were clear.. They dont want u to hoard and face intercept content.
  • Options

Patrick44 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Thank you for your feedback, we are reading every comment. Please keep your messages constructive; most of you have so far, thank you for that.

Based on the feedback in this thread, we have started internal discussions around adjusting revive/potion inventory caps. This is not a guaranteed change, but is what is most prominently being discussed.

These conversations will continue to take place behind the scenes and could grow to include other potential adjustments as well.

Or just don’t change anything and recant the announcement. Your customers are very upset
    Not to be that guy, but you mean the customers who aren't paying and are farming? Lol. I get what you're saying, though. Had to say it.
    Yes, clearly everyone who has ever farmed a revive has never spent a dime in the game. Brilliant insight….
    It was a joke.
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    They need to show some behind the scenes discussions to the commmunity at this point.
    The Sheer discrimination of giving priority to bug that cost them revenue and leaving the bugs that help them generate revenue.
  • Options

Odachi said:

You can spend your time harvesting unlimited units from battlechips in the arena to do content. is that a “loophole” that’s going to be closed down in future too to prevent me progressing in the game like these revives farmers?

That's not the same really. We saw the same thing happen when people were milking lower content for the guaranteed Rev.
    U mean the "Bug" that was instantly fixed and called an exploit after it was known ?...
    Wish they would fix othet aspects that take so called "Time" instead of doing all this..
    It took em 6 years to have a compensation for arena grienders to give some champs taken by bots, BGs are a mess between the bug and cheaters, and even after cleaning cheaters the boards are a mess... Inputs issues, AI issues... And they took the time to count of revives being farmed..
  • Options
    Odachi said:

Odachi said:

😂 it’s EXACTLY the same, it’s farming just a different crop. I can get a “guaranteed rev” for 3 arena milestones and have change, in-fact it’s a better one so does that makes me a worse exploiter of the game?
    In Easter break I’m using my saved up units to exploit all of Carena’s 3 by converting them to the many many “guaranteed revs” my low-skilled behind will need to carry me. Probably a lot more than these farmers needed.
    That's not the same as milking something that's intended to help Players starting out.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    I dont know if anyone already stated this but:

I fairly think this is one of the best decissions they could make, content is done too easily by people that are not even skilled enough to do it just spamming revives, so this encourages people to try to learn how to really play the game properly, not only this but makes the challenging things challenging, when people is able to do this content the first day it goes out just spamming 60 revives that means that something must be done, If anyone thinks that 2 revives PER DAY is not enough, that only shows how bad people became. Getting revives became way easier than before, so I think is fair to nerf the amount we can get by farming them.

The main problem I see here, is that they done this in the worst moment possible, since people need more revives because everything in the game is bugged, so they should have waited a little bit more to make this changes until they fixed at least half of the bugs they have currently in game.

And to be fair with Kabam, this is not a charity, this is a company, we already get almost everything free, I dont think its that bad to have to play more Arenas to get more revives for the hard content, or spending to get them.

I think its just a bad timing, but a really good decission, I expect a lot of disagrees but sorry fams, I dont think this is about opinions, since I repeat, you dont need more than 2 revives a day, or you shouldnt need them, If you need them then that means you are not playing properly, so you should try to change it, you dont wanna try to improve your skills? Then I think it is fair to pay for the revives then, and I say this being a F2P player.

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,348 ★★★★★
    Rohtaga said:

I'm gonna get tar and feathered for this, but it needs to be said. First off, I agree with almost everyone in here. This approach is wrong. Kabam need to change their minds. I'm working on a post with another solution. But if y'all think hard content is where Kabam makes their money, guess again. Please take a moment and think about it. The individual EOP challenges were not that taxing, so I'm only talking about the quest style content with this (gauntlet, EOP, Abyss, etc). How often does content like this release? Aren't people always complaining about how there's no content? Even if people spent 6k units to blitz through EOP carina's on release, that amount of spending would be dwarfed by the amounts spent for Cyber Monday, July 4, Banquet, etc. This isn't a cash grab. It's about the fact that developing content takes time, and if it gets blitzed by half the player base in a week, then nobody has content to work towards for a while.

Half the player base isn't blitzing anything. I get that was hyperbole, but still, I doubt that blitzing population amounts to much more than a rounding error. Not enough to prompt this reaction.

• Options
    Y'all need to calm down with that comment. I was adding levity. Not being serious.
  • Options
    Robin_010Robin_010 Posts: 25
    Wow bad action from kabam. I think many people in my alliance will quit if this take action. I’m playing for 7+ years and wow, come one kabam what are you thinking?! It still cost time, energy for farming revives. It’s not that it just drop in your inventory. I think it make the input issues more duable have the option to farm more revives. Also it would be unfair for players that not have done endgame content compared to players that have more time and farmed many revives en did content with it. It’s for 2 years or so an option for farming revives. Then till now it was ok. Back then we did also endgame content with it. The contest have changed, but endgame content was also endgame content 2 years ago. Why change after years? I think I will quit to after 7+ years with all of the bugs, inputissues etc and no normal way to use your energy, time for farming revives. I also will stop spending my unit bundle and sigil that’s for sure. I almost never post. But wow I’m verry disappointed
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

Patrick44 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Or just don’t change anything and recant the announcement. Your customers are very upset
    Not to be that guy, but you mean the customers who aren't paying and are farming? Lol. I get what you're saying, though. Had to say it.
    He never said paying customer, Kabam are providing a service (the game and its modes within it) in exchange for one's time.
    That statement is wrong, wrong as hell, there is no company that provide services for time, they provide services for money, so they can keep providing services.
This discussion has been closed.